Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Samizdata posted:

Jaysus, Mary, and Jooseph, those spazzy glitches.... Can you even imagine the nausea if they get VR working. That video was almost making me nauseous with the ship entry error.

Everything is hosed.
Sadly tonight it was all really dull stuff, like looooooooong loading screens, and broken doors / not being able to request ships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

I... I'm not sure I want to ask, but how the hell do you cut your dick open during sex? Is his wife a blender?

His 'wife' is probably a model spaceship tbh

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Milky Moor posted:

Yeah, it was accidental. Didn't stop him from making a post that was like 'So I was having sex with my wife and I cut my dick open and it was bleeding a lot - should I go to the doctor? It's been a few days and it still really hurts. Did I mention that I was having sex with a woman?'

I have a feeling, based off his recent posts and general Star Citizen stuff, that he's divorced. Nothing to base it off, just a hunch - after all, would a happily married man defend Sandi's honor or whatever?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Beet Wagon posted:

I... I'm not sure I want to ask, but how the hell do you cut your dick open during sex? Is his wife a blender?

"You know how you're loving some chick and you cut your dick open? AMI RIGHT GUYS?!?" **wipes brow** "...RIGHT?!? You guys know what I'm talking about....uhh..." **ties noose**

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

His 'wife' is probably a model spaceship tbh

"Dear CIG, for the next round of physical models, consider limiting the sharp edges. Some citizens might sustain embarassing injuries..."

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

This is true, backers still to do alpha testing and write about working on Star Citizen and their 'job' was to try and get the game to not gently caress up by doing absolutely nothing, and they said it was dull as gently caress and the only moment of excitement was the rare time when they got the game to work.
ftfy

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Beet Wagon posted:

Hey now, blow up dolls are dangerous.....

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

OH MY GOD :five: AHAHAHAHAHA

Saigon. poo poo.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

This thread is loving incredible.

I love you all.

:five:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Accurate

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Toops posted:

This thread is loving incredible.

I love you all.

Agreed

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beet Wagon posted:

Perhaps your avatar holds the answer to that question.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Each time I see a :pgabz: video, aside from laughing, I'm stunned anew by how little is available in the PTU. A few ships that do not use ship physics, but rotate in place like a WoW toon surveying the landscape, a few generic stations, a few FPS weapons that mostly don't work, and literally nothing else. There is not a single game system in place, and there's no hint of one coming. The closest thing we had to actual gameplay getting added to this thing was Star Marine, and we know how that went. We joke that this is only a tech demo, but that isn't really accurate either, because tech demos usually work. There is nothing here that indicates a game is on the way, and what is here indicates there will never be one.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
:vince:
Should be put in the OP :five:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Galarox posted:

probable double post, anyways, Dereck wants to be in at.... the Autopsy! (By Rembrandt)

christ alive :stare:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

peter gabriel posted:

I only got to play for like 10 minutes tonight, it is almost impossible to log in.

Infinite load screens don'k make fun videos though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjKnI1W86FU

The Port Olisar rings of doom strike again

HNNNGGGGG WAIT FOR IT HNNGGGGGG....

When the music kicks in I literally died.

2269 page is one of the best page.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Scruffpuff posted:

Each time I see a :pgabz: video, aside from laughing, I'm stunned anew by how little is available in the PTU. A few ships that do not use ship physics, but rotate in place like a WoW toon surveying the landscape, a few generic stations, a few FPS weapons that mostly don't work, and literally nothing else. There is not a single game system in place, and there's no hint of one coming. The closest thing we had to actual gameplay getting added to this thing was Star Marine, and we know how that went. We joke that this is only a tech demo, but that isn't really accurate either, because tech demos usually work. There is nothing here that indicates a game is on the way, and what is here indicates there will never be one.

This is very very true.
Condensing a vid to 4 minutes and uploading it makes the game seem fun, but it really isn't.

'Bare bones' doesn't even begin to cover it and when you see people posting about how great things are it is just so :psyduck: to me I can;t really even explain it.

If everything goes well:
You get out of bed, and then call a ship - this seems to be the only 'system' in the game. You get in your ship and then go and do a mission, no reason, no reward.

That is IT, that's the complete Star Citizen experience.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Superb work commandos, you have outdone yourselves this time

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

peter gabriel posted:

This is very very true.
Condensing a vid to 4 minutes and uploading it makes the game seem fun, but it really isn't.

'Bare bones' doesn't even begin to cover it and when you see people posting about how great things are it is just so :psyduck: to me I can;t really even explain it.

You get out of bed, and then call a ship - this seems to be the only 'system' in the game. You get in your ship and then go and do a mission, no reason, no reward.

I don't know how they're going to add actual game systems when the can't even make RINGS SPIN. Chrissakes, what a trash heap.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Beet Wagon posted:

FM said that he just pulled her panties to the side but that his dick got caught on the edge during the intercourse (????)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Scruffpuff posted:

Beautiful.

I would comment on how brilliant is is, but YT keeps giving me "Unknown Error" when I do.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Milky Moor posted:

FM said that he just pulled her panties to the side but that his dick got caught on the edge during the intercourse (????)

I too have experienced sex with someone who wore razor-lined panties :smug:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

This is very very true.

If I were to compare this to another MMO, like say, WoW, it would be like this:

You can only roll one class: Male human, with no customization. There is a mage, and nothing else. You're in a single small forest surrounded by mountains you can't go over. You have only one attack - a fireball. You can attack other players and occasionally a boar. There is no inventory, loot, money, vendors, quests, crafting, resources, dungeons, bosses, or even goals. None of it works, it crashes all the time, you clip through everything, and months of 30 GB patches add absolutely nothing. You are fed constant artists renditions and other dev teases of all these races, classes, zones, etc. but all of it is "in such a dynamic state" that none of it ever sees the light of day. Then the devs abandon the game to go make a movie, and each patch which is "just around the corner" promises the moon and delivers jack poo poo. More than 100 million dollars, 4 studios, and years of effort.

This is not a game, and it will never be a game.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
aw gently caress now i'm remembering that he registered a "mrs fuzzy" account on those forums for his wife

how do i remember this, this was like literally over ten years ago, why can't my brain use this on more useful information

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Everything is hosed.
Sadly tonight it was all really dull stuff, like looooooooong loading screens, and broken doors / not being able to request ships

We appreciate your sacrifice, commando, and your dedication to doing God's work.

o9

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Milky Moor posted:

They were the worst type of panties.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Milky Moor posted:

aw gently caress now i'm remembering that he registered a "mrs fuzzy" account on those forums for his wife

how do i remember this, this was like literally over ten years ago, why can't my brain use this on more useful information

In the Stimpire this knowledge would be akin to being able to list someone's entire family history. Rest easy, Chronicler of Sex Injuries.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Milky Moor posted:

What a thin skinned prick.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
And here we have the most awful thing I've ever done.I was trying to go for a crime scene vibe....

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

And here we have the most awful thing I've ever done.I was trying to go for a crime scene vibe....

Jesus christ you guys just keep delivering. I am awed.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I haven't been able to open this thread in three hours without having my mind blown.

This thread is the best and all of you are wonderful.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

:vince:

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

I only got to play for like 10 minutes tonight, it is almost impossible to log in.

I just noticed that the Olisar logo on the janky station rings janks separately from the janky geometry. :lol:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

:pgabz: Remix time! Brand New Shitizen 2.0! :pgabz:

Revision log:

* Fixed embarrassing mistake in verses.
* CHIPMUNKZ!!!!!
* Super heavy beatz and throbbing phazorz
* Robot backup singers!
* Did I mention the CHIPMUNKZ?!?!
* Wang wang wang wang.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 6, 2016

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

peter gabriel posted:

Brilliant - I lost it once the music kicked in. Short & sweet!

Meanwhile:

e: toggle img

Quavers fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 6, 2016

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Star Citizen - What a poo poo, really

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mirificus posted:

Perhaps your avatar holds the answer to that question.

She's done some things she's not proud of.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

This is very very true.

If everything goes well:

And by mission you mean "fly to another station, get out of your ship, press a button, fly back"?

Are there even NPC pirates to shoot?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ewe2 posted:

:pgabz: Remix time! Brand New Shitizen 2.0! :pgabz:

Revision log:

* Fixed embarrassing mistake in verses.
* CHIPMUNKZ!!!!!
* Super heavy beatz and throbbing phazorz
* Robot backup singers!
* Did I mention the CHIPMUNKZ?!?!
* Wang wang wang wang.

:pcgaming: this made things on me tingle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

And by mission you mean "fly to another station, get out of your ship, press a button, fly back"?

Are there even NPC pirates to shoot?

Yes, as long as they aren't bugged. Which is good because you'll rarely see another human being.

• Locked thread