Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Justin Tyme posted:

Star Citizen - What a poo poo, really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Man, these last pages have been fantastic today. No cattes for awhile though, so I'll find mine.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

boviscopophobic posted:

I just noticed that the Olisar logo on the janky station rings janks separately from the janky geometry. :lol:

Oh my god it actually does. What the gently caress is going on

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

maybe you can get an NPC anime sister who wears nothing but panties and a tank top to be your friend :)

I wish I didn't know this reference. hahahahaha.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

And by mission you mean "fly to another station, get out of your ship, press a button, fly back"?

Are there even NPC pirates to shoot?

Yeah that's the one.
Some NPC ships spawn and I noticed one night that they do that even if no one is there, I managed to clip out of my ship and watch them going through the motions from far away, shooting lasers at no one and nothing and looping around and around in a fake display in an infinite loop.

They do this in the mission too, just fly around going through the motions, it's all bullshit and not even real gameplay.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Ravane posted:

I wish I didn't know this reference. hahahahaha.

Star Citizen is the best because you don't even have to be funny or creative, the whales write it for us!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Man, these last pages have been fantastic today. No cattes for awhile though, so I'll find mine.

That is a pretty sneaky catte. Very good.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

* Photo taken just before they passed out the laced Flavor-Aid

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Dusty Lens posted:

I haven't been able to open this thread in three hours without having my mind blown.

This thread is the best and all of you are wonderful.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

peter gabriel posted:

I only got to play for like 10 minutes tonight, it is almost impossible to log in.

Infinite load screens don'k make fun videos though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjKnI1W86FU

The Port Olisar rings of doom strike again

I'm the "Olisar" paint on the janky rings that moves independent of the ring.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Has the guy who remodeling the guest room at his parents house into an idris(?) bridge posted any updates?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm the hobolando stand in

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Friends and I are having a potluck tonight. I cooked this:

This is how you cook a ton of rice bootcha. Super easy. :)

Also the potato curry was me. It's better than the stuff you get at a restaurant. This poo poo's authentic. Also, it's pretty drat spicy.

I wonder what my friends cooked! :yum:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Seeing 2.2 collapse from a distance makes me appreciate what CIG has done for me even more.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beet Wagon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clLqaaGJJZ8

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
I made this https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3767000

and hosed it up

please move it in here nice mods

edit - i moved it all on my own

SomethingJones fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 6, 2016

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
way to get owned like a little bitch

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

A bit late and I don't recall them ever going back to that list in the film so you probably have to photoshop it, but…

Wrecked Angle posted:

Time for a quick scan over the Star Citizen checklist?

Nearly too close to the truth for comfort.

• Envy — every item added when Chris saw some other game had some neat feature.
• Wrath — that will happen last…
• Pride — best business woman in the world even since she was a little girl
• Lust — isn't everyone shipping Ben x Chris?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
I'm new here. I come from the internet Elite Dangerous, a game about spaceships which actually is a real game that works and has gameplay in it. I recently made the mistake of mentioning Star Citizen on /r/elitedangerous. I mentioned it once, I don't think I got away with it.

14 years to make Elite? What? I'm done with these guys. They have infected every single forum and comments section like a loving cancer, and I cannot read their bullshit any more. Listen to this horseshit, you can see my comments he replied to.

What in the actual gently caress. I always thought folks were exaggerating about these guys, this is your actual real life bone fide see the doctor poo poo.

Isn't that last one a doozy? Isn't it? Looking at their website, reading up on what their trying to make, watching videos of the loving STATE OF IT and casually pointing out that it looks like a trainwreck is "Spreading Misinformation".

I've actually had enough of these guys, they are loving all over everything with this evangelical loving bullshit. Any moron with at least one eye and one braincell can tell at a distance of half a mile that the game is an absolute shambles. The engine physically cannot do what is being asked of it, it has nothing to do with being unfinished.

And do you know what this guy did? Do you know what this Optix334 guy went and did after I started ignoring him? He sent me a link to the latest RSI Monthly update. Are you loving kidding me. As if reading it will all of sudden make this pile of poo poo suddenly be an actual game.

So I've posted this all here and surely this guy will see it and know who I am and you know what, I couldn't give a gently caress anymore. There is no games journalism worth a toss any more in this industry, and there is something very very wrong with these guys who seem to be completely oblivious and genuinely in denial about it all.

I've voiced a hell of a lot of strong criticism at Elite and given mighty credit when it's due as well. It's an amazing piece of work and there's more to it than most people, even guys with hundreds of hours, realise. And it's getting trash talked by these fuckers? And this dude is hating on NMS too?

gently caress them, gently caress them gently caress them gently caress them gently caress them.

Thank you, I got my $10 worth.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

SomethingJones posted:

I made this https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3767000

and hosed it up

please move it in here nice mods

Something is awful dot com, your local reddit news aggregator because what the gently caress is originality.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6436809/#Comment_6436809

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

I wonder how many of them will be around this time next year, like the picture of the original team in Austin.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Hello SomethingJones, welcome to the forum and to the thread!

Also, please :lurkmore:

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

Beet Wagon posted:

I don't care, but if you have to drink at a place with a sign saying its a BRITISH PUB, you're drinking wrong.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

boviscopophobic posted:

I just noticed that the Olisar logo on the janky station rings janks separately from the janky geometry. :lol:
holy poo poo

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

XeeD posted:

I don't care, but if you have to drink at a place with a sign saying its a BRITISH PUB, you're drinking wrong.

Ahem. British Pub, Restaurant & Gift Shoppe.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wow, this is even more retarded than the secret dev build that is actually a really good game.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjKnI1W86FU

From 17~20 seconds the timing is perfect with the subtitles. I tried to make a gif of it but it turns out blurry. The olisar logo is the seconds hand on a clock.

paaarp

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Hello SomethingJones, welcome to the forum and to the thread!

Also, please :lurkmore:

Thank you and you know what, I had to get that out of me. This is the only place they don't come, mostly. Mostly.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

ahaha what is this god testing abraham poo poo

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

SC is complete because my dreams are complete

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Scruffpuff posted:

The tendency to mistake seeing your own hands climb a ladder (to use one example) for immersion is very common, but only with a certain type of individual. I used to play Left 4 Dead with a friend of mine for years. When Left 4 Dead 2 came out, this guy started bitching around the clock: "They're moving backwards, man, they're moving backwards!" I had no idea what he was talking about, so I requested an explanation. "In the first game you can look down and see your feet - in this one you can't! They're moving backwards, man!"

Two things bothered me about this. First of all, seeing your own body in a FPS is a style choice, not an indication of whether or not the tech is "moving forward". An example of technology moving forward would be photography. Initially black and white by necessity, moving to color, higher-res, etc. - and although the earlier styles are still valid from an artistic perspective, it was an advancement in tech that allowed the newer forms to exist. So he was wrong on that front.

:words:
The seeing-your-feet stuff being removed in L4D2 wasn't so much a stylistic choice or whatever as it was freeing up some memory for their new gore effects (especially important on the Xbox 360, which only had like 512mb RAM). A bunch of people cared a lot about that minor detail at the time, but it was quickly forgotten after they used an M60 to reduce a horde of zombies to confetti. :gibs:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

SomethingJones posted:

Thank you and you know what, I had to get that out of me. This is the only place they don't come, mostly. Mostly.

Well relax, laugh at a :pgabz: vid, post a catte, maybe join the Diamond Frogs I hear good things about them. (I don't play Elite)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ravane posted:

Friends and I are having a potluck tonight. I cooked this:

This is how you cook a ton of rice bootcha. Super easy. :)

Also the potato curry was me. It's better than the stuff you get at a restaurant. This poo poo's authentic. Also, it's pretty drat spicy.

I wonder what my friends cooked! :yum:

looks yummy

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Oh my god :allears:

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

:wow: Every time I think we've hit bottom, a new Shitizen comes out of the woodwork with an even more creative delusion.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Who's Ivan?

http://vk.com/video1620117_167550759

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Thread Status: Good

Star Citizen Status: :gary:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

boviscopophobic posted:

Oh god now I can't unsee it how in the gently caress is that happening :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Book of B'tak

The prologue on earth shows the righteous B'tak blessed with wealth and internet spaceships. The scene shifts to heaven, where God asks Chris Robert (-Crobits, literally "the accuser") for his opinion of B'taks piety. Roberts answers that B'tak is pious only because God has not griefed him; if God were to PvP all of B'taks jpegs, then he would surely curse God. God gives Roberts permission to take Job's wealth in exchange for dreams, but Job nonetheless praises God: "Naked I came out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return...: the Lord has...... given, and the...... Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." God allows Roberts to afflict his body with EVA physics. B'tak floats about the landing platform, and his wife prompts him to "curse God, and die," but B'tak answers: "I believe....they are further along than we know"

• Locked thread