Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Flying Leatherman posted:

The "slapfight" d1 felt super awkward and I had a suspicion that one of MMT and Quid was only trying to look town. It wasn't enough for me to vote them in my mind, but I wanted to investigate one of them. MMT looked like they were actually scumhunting more later in the day, so I decided to investigate Quidnose.

I got an explicit scum result, so I don't think so.

Ah, okay. Both make sense.

I still want to see what he says, if he does say anything. I'll give him a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'd like to hear from Quid and a claim from him before voting him, but I'm very inclined to vote for him. I didn't like his last few hours pre-(non) lynch and early game where he gave weird responses and read a situation backwards as hell which seemed more like lazy reading. Admittedly he got better and actually started taking on a "strong town voice" sort of role. Maybe not intentionally, but it was the vibe it gave off.

I wouldn't put him past him to be a 3P either since he kept accusing me of that poo poo. Only 1 kill last night but could be a bunch of reasons.

Yeah, last night if all are truthful Taste was roleblocked or I was jailed. There could have been a second kill.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

I got an explicit scum result, so I don't think so.

What is the wording of the result?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

What is the wording of the result?

"Scum".

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Cool, well, the scum are mafia-aligned, so that seems odd.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Really

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

So how do we know this merk

The op doesn't seem to specify

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tremendous Taste posted:

So how do we know this merk

The op doesn't seem to specify

I win when all mafia-aligned players are removed from the game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I checked and my PM agrees.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I would vote Quid, but I'd like to see him come in and say something. However, I think we should all remember that this is the weekend, so it might not happen for a while. The deadline isn't until Monday, so we have plenty of time.

Also, if Quid is scum it really does have to suck for him because this would be like the 4th out of the last 5 games he's been scum and like the 3rd straight game in a row where he gets killed/investigated as scum on N1.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't have that in my pm, though I assume it to be the case :shrug:

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Regarding the mafia-aligned thing, as well, doesn't that imply no third party (or at most a survivor), while we're on the subject? I know there was some speculation about that earlier on both D1 and just a few posts ago.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't have that in my pm, though I assume it to be the case :shrug:

Not in mine either, but the sample PM has it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Before you all turbo me, I performed a night action last night that "will cause suspicion," which makes me a miller when I perform it but I guess Ecco game so that would explain the discrepancy in language there.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Quidnose posted:

Before you all turbo me, I performed a night action last night that "will cause suspicion," which makes me a miller when I perform it but I guess Ecco game so that would explain the discrepancy in language there.

See ya.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Quidnose posted:

If this is true, why wouldn't you claim miller D1?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Is that action killing someone? :raise:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

If this is true, why wouldn't you claim miller D1?

Why would I assume I'm drawing an investigation every night?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Goodbye. He's scum. Let's move on.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My favorite part of this is Quid not saying anything about the action so even if he is truthful it will have been for naught.

MURDER QUID.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Well my inventing failed so I'm pretty loving pissed off that I have been dismissed as scum and have no item to show for it, and was hoping I wouldn't have to fully out myself but gently caress it if this is the bullshit that is going down.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

Well my inventing failed so I'm pretty loving pissed off that I have been dismissed as scum and have no item to show for it, and was hoping I wouldn't have to fully out myself but gently caress it if this is the bullshit that is going down.

Nah.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

Goodbye. He's scum. Let's move on.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Quidnose so sick of not being listened to with this poo poo, especially when I'm not actually scum. Enjoy your miscuddle if you're not even going to bother.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote Quidnose

I can't gently caress it up twice, right?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

We have a claimed failure from Quid and a claimed failure from Taste.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The FINAL Day 2 Votecount :c:

:redhammer: Quidnose (8): Birdstrike, FL, merk, TT, Keane, Jedit, Quid, DBD

TMMadman (0): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike
CCKeane (0): Jedit, -Jedit

:h: 14 alive it took 8 to execute

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The students, faculty, and staff at the University decided to hold and impromptu gathering at Tidereach Hall to discuss the murders and work on a solution. The Hall, located near a small lake adjacent to the campus, had its roof open to let in the sun on such a lovely spring day. But it soon turned hot as accusations began to fly. Before the day was over, the Ravenwood Community Collective (RCC) had formed in earnest, and its very first act... was to execute their college president.

:s: Quidnose, Ulliva Séabhdha, President (town-aligned inventor), was executed day 2. :s:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
...investigating the deceased President's files in her office, however, revealed a number of surprisingly detailed documents and plans, all revolving around her hatred for Ariadne, with a few saying "tonight is the night, tonight is when we will kill that smug, arrogant rear end in a top hat." Subsequent documents revealed she had used her influence to tamper with the police case files. Now, truly, nobody could be trusted.

:s: Quidnose, Ulliva Séabhdha, Corrupt President (mafia-aligned farmer), was executed day 2. :s:

It is now Night 2.
Submit your actions asap!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The campus community was shocked to find another of its members killed during the night. Maxentius Przymeslaw, an exchange student from Old Arrentia, was fireballed while in his dorm room. Police remain searching for the killers, even as they laud the RCC for bringing their corrupt president to justice.

:s: Birdstrike, Maxentius Przymeslaw, Student (town-aligned vanilla), was hit with a fireball night 2. :s:

It is now Day 3!

:h: 12 alive, 7 to execute
:d: Day 3 deadline: Monday, March 8th, ~11PM EST.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Failed again smh

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

EccoRaven posted:

...investigating the deceased President's files in her office, however, revealed a number of surprisingly detailed documents and plans, all revolving around her hatred for Ariadne, with a few saying "tonight is the night, tonight is when we will kill that smug, arrogant rear end in a top hat." Subsequent documents revealed she had used her influence to tamper with the police case files. Now, truly, nobody could be trusted.

:s: Quidnose, Ulliva Séabhdha, Corrupt President (mafia-aligned farmer), was executed day 2. :s:

Is that a typo for "framer" or a role I've never heard of?

Max posted:

At this point I'm just reading what Quidnose is posting because it's faster that way.

Quidnose posted:

Is there a case on Max beyond this single example of a logical connection fallacy, because I have felt his contributions have been fine up until this point and I can see him being emotional about someone voting him as town and doing stupid poo poo like that quote. He does this a lot.

##vote Max

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

The campus community was shocked to find another of its members killed during the night. Maxentius Przymeslaw, an exchange student from Old Arrentia, was fireballed while in his dorm room. Police remain searching for the killers, even as they laud the RCC for bringing their corrupt president to justice.

:s: Birdstrike, Maxentius Przymeslaw, Student (town-aligned vanilla), was hit with a fireball night 2. :s:

It is now Day 3!

:h: 12 alive, 7 to execute
:d: Day 3 deadline: Monday, March 8th, ~11PM EST.

I told you I was Max!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I take back my suspicion of flying leatherman's vote on me.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
not the burg strikes

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Failed again smh

Well, that just sounds like there's a roleblocker and you admitted to having an active role. That, or you're actually scum and lying about having a role.

Now let's ask ourselves a serious question: why is a claimed Cop who just made a call on scum still alive?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
FL, what did you find out last night?

Jedit posted:

Well, that just sounds like there's a roleblocker and you admitted to having an active role. That, or you're actually scum and lying about having a role.

Now let's ask ourselves a serious question: why is a claimed Cop who just made a call on scum still alive?

I mean it's the most obvious doctor play in the world.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jedit posted:

Well they haven't removed any protective roles so it'd likely result in a killess night. Better question: if scum have a roleblocker, why didn't they use it on the cop? The only thing I can think of is maybe scum did target FL with the kill and our only protective is a bus driver. That, or Taste's action weirdness isn't from a scum roleblocker.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Deadbeat Dad posted:

FL, what did you find out last night?

Hey hi hello!

I got a town result on ~somebody~. Was not roleblocked.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ugh. I'm happy to defend myself but I am also very much aware of how bad I look because of my D1 play. I was sort of hoping to get investigated, honestly. (Not a scum claim)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hey hi hello!

I got a town result on ~somebody~. Was not roleblocked.

It would be worth revealing if it was Sam. If it wasn't, I'd be interested to know why it wasn't.

• Locked thread