Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

This is probably Superhot 101, but I LOVE getting enemies to shoot each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
If katanas cut bullets in half, baseball bats should deflect them to where you're aiming :colbert:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
If you punch a enemy's pistol the second they fire, you kill them in one shot.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I wish the story went just a little further along, but it didn't keep me from enjoying the post-story content. Wow was I really down on the game after getting all the secrets, but it tied it together after becoming a part of the community. All of the videos in the thread have been really cool, and anything involving gun juggling has been hilarious.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
If I ignore it, maybe it'll go away...

(Don't know how to remove the first person artifacts from the replay--they weren't there when I recorded it)

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Anyone have some general tips? I'm on the third "part" of the core level and I just can't seem to avoid getting shot in the back. Its this weird n shaped level, the one where it starts with two guys in front and one guy dying to my left.
Literally played it for an hour straight and just can't quite seem to pull it off.

Melee'ing only seems useful for stunning, I'm dead any time I try and land a thrown stun and two punches.

Narcissus1916 fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Mar 6, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Always be jumping, backwards if need be to keep an eye on oncoming bullets. The finale of the plot is the only time in the game where you don't need to kill people, so don't be afraid to just run - and you certainly don't need more than one punch in melee. I'm assuming you can survive past the first few moments but I have advice there if need be. Oh, and if you weren't sure this is the very last bit - hotswitch back into the core and the game's over.

Not horribly plot-spoilerific but what the hell we're talking about endgame.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Really the biggest part is always being aware of what's around you. Enemies can and will come at you from behind, but you're not in a rush, so just look around you every chance you get.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
The only issue I have with enemies spawning behind you is that it ends up looking terrible on the replay if you spin around a bunch trying to locate them

My immersion :negative:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

If you head left and up a bit from the start point on Core 3, there's an alcove just up some stairs, with a bannister with a pistol overlooking the main space (I think it's usually an enemy spawning point).

Enemies can't shoot at you there, and any that do come up the stairs are easily dispatched. Once you're there, the level is all but done.

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Mar 6, 2016

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Narcissus1916 posted:

Anyone have some general tips? I'm on the third "part" of the core level and I just can't seem to avoid getting shot in the back. Its this weird n shaped level, the one where it starts with two guys in front and one guy dying to my left.
Literally played it for an hour straight and just can't quite seem to pull it off.

Melee'ing only seems useful for stunning, I'm dead any time I try and land a thrown stun and two punches.

I beat that one by abusing the rifles. Hardest part is the start, which can be pretty consistently done by jumping over the table and punching right, left, and grabbing a gun.

Also I know there's a replay mode, but I wish the game stopped spamming superhot after every run after you beat the game. I'm here to watch cool replays, why impede on that?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

If you run to the left, then jump on the core, you can parkour onto a light fixture, then to a box, and up to a ledge. This ledge is 100% safe.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Primetime posted:

I beat that one by abusing the rifles. Hardest part is the start, which can be pretty consistently done by jumping over the table and punching right, left, and grabbing a gun.

Also I know there's a replay mode, but I wish the game stopped spamming superhot after every run after you beat the game. I'm here to watch cool replays, why impede on that?

Is pressing F5 really that difficult?

Personally, I like being told that my efforts are SUPER.HOT., but yeah just going into edit mode real quick is simple.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Morter posted:

Is pressing F5 really that difficult?

Personally, I like being told that my efforts are SUPER.HOT., but yeah just going into edit mode real quick is simple.

No, but why not make it the default mode? It's a small complaint and doesn't drag the game down, it's just goofy to have giant impact font auyonatically superimpose over the biggest draw of your game

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Its Roboto, not Impact. Roboto is sex as gently caress.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
if it didn't say SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. SUPER HOT. after each run you wouldn't feel like playing the game after the first level

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Primetime posted:

No, but why not make it the default mode? It's a small complaint and doesn't drag the game down, it's just goofy to have giant impact font auyonatically superimpose over the biggest draw of your game

I assumed it was there purely so when anyone watching a stream of it was left with no doubts as to what game is being played.

This game is utterly shameless in its self marketing and I love it.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Fans posted:

I assumed it was there purely so when anyone watching a stream of it was left with no doubts as to what game is being played.

This game is utterly shameless in its self marketing and I love it.

I really hated it at first, but the Killstagram stuff changed the way I play. Cutting bullets has become a much higher priority, for example. It's fun.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
After beating some of the challenge modes, I went into vanilla endless and suddenly started getting 90+ kills in one go. Man, I like this game, it's a good game.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I would love for endless to allow mutators. I just wanna put on fullstop mode without any of the penalties, feels like that would be almost meditative.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

TaurusTorus posted:

I would love for endless to allow mutators. I just wanna put on fullstop mode without any of the penalties, feels like that would be almost meditative.

:ssh: If you click on a mutator but don't select a level and instead go to an endless map you still get the mutator :ssh:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
That is sadly still full stop WITH the penalties, but it's still fun

Had a hoot with Throwing mode in the Office. I didn't realize how many katanamans they threw at you though!

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Oh my goodness, who has time for the gun to be able to shoot a second time?!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Hace posted:

If you punch a enemy's pistol the second they fire, you kill them in one shot.

holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo this game is the greatest.

I thought cutting bullets out of the air was the baddest-rear end thing you could do but NO.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't know why I didn't think about this before finishing the game, but if you successfully wing something at a guy before hot-switching to him, you won't toss your gun for no reason after the switch because it's in the air already.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

CJacobs posted:

I don't know why I didn't think about this before finishing the game, but if you successfully wing something at a guy before hot-switching to him, you won't toss your gun for no reason after the switch because it's in the air already.

I saved a replay demonstrating this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naiGtHpsGT0

As well as the punching a firing dude for one hit kill thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPZUAX0a_Ew

While I'm posting replays, I also managed to send a gun flying in a failed attempt at gun juggling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LplreSetlDE

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I know this is stupid a nd epoeple are probably like who cares? but I am curious, is there any method to make the game textured or is there literally no textures to modify since this seems to be what a Unreal map looks like when it isn't textured.

I know its not the point and you need the RED on WHITE contrast to see things, but it would be cool I would play it more if the levels were textured and the models were like soldiers of fortune lose your fuckin half your head as it explodes bitch I love watching things die in video games in slow motio n I would always make piles of corpses in max payne this is li k e infinite bullet time, max payne had a really good "just kill everything for a while" but I would love a mode like this has for eall games ... bullet ime

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I, uh. :stare: Ignoring all else but the essence of the question: there are, in fact, textures that you could presumably modify. Look very closely at a wall and you'll notice there are details there.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wish there had been a way to definitively skip the cutscenes in this game, including the fake "gameplay" segments. The story in this game is not interesting, it is not unique, it is not fun, it's just in the way. Who could have guessed the least innovative part of the most innovative indie game I've played in years (tm) would turn out to be the annoying writing. Truly, a shock.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

AlphaKretin posted:

I, uh. :stare: Ignoring all else but the essence of the question: there are, in fact, textures that you could presumably modify. Look very closely at a wall and you'll notice there are details there.

Has anyone brought this up or tried? I looked for the question and seems no one but myself and t my friend my cares about it ... it would be cool.

My favorite level is office :getin:

Could you use a texture replacer or actually are people modding the game?

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
There's only the one texture for most of the environment. As the protagonist asks, "Why is everything made of concrete?" Graphical modding is probably possible, but it'll be ornery. People will have to get in to the level assets and gently caress around with the texturing directly, rather than just replacing the texture data.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Jokingly said to a friend that I was playing SUPERHOT in training for actual bullet slinging in The Division. He then started spamming me with SUPER.AGENT.SUPER.AGENT.

Until I suddenly rememebered this and giggled my tits off.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

What's the AD2013 Challenge all about? Is it the same rules as the prototype or something?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Junkenstein posted:

What's the AD2013 Challenge all about? Is it the same rules as the prototype or something?

Yes

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I just did a youtube search for "Super Hot 10 hours" and came up empty. I am sorely disappointed.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

I just did a youtube search for "Super Hot 10 hours" and came up empty. I am sorely disappointed.
Best I could find was this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC0BPoNS0QI

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

Improbable Lobster posted:

:ssh: If you click on a mutator but don't select a level and instead go to an endless map you still get the mutator :ssh:

!!

Thank you.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Is the secret in Break (where you're diving through the skylight with a bat at the start) just inaccessible right now? I can see it, but no matter how carefully I approach the jump I can't get nearly close enough to activate the console.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

Is the secret in Break (where you're diving through the skylight with a bat at the start) just inaccessible right now? I can see it, but no matter how carefully I approach the jump I can't get nearly close enough to activate the console.

You have to throw your bat away beforehand, hold the space bar, and NOT spam the mouse as you're falling because that will cancel the jump slow-mo even if you're not holding anything. (I learned that last one the hard way.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
You don't have to throw your bat. Literally just hold space and forward (W) as the map is (re)starting. You'll be super slow mo and have lots of air control. From there, you'll land on the roof

• Locked thread