Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Craptacular posted:

That's the key.

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Fayez Butts posted:

1.8 liter 300 horsepower.

Yes, please.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fayez Butts posted:

The most nazi car

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Fayez Butts posted:

Definitely wouldn't complain if I got one of these in my happy meal.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The most nazi car

So the transmission will catch fire?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

wargames posted:

So the transmission will catch fire?

Nah, leaks gas everywhere though.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It'll blow off it's head.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Spotted another rare GM release at the World of Wheels yesterday:

As a kid growing up in the early 1980's, I've always had a soft spot for a Trans Am with Turbo Boost. :allears:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

In typical GM fashion they found a thing that would make the car not be a complete slug and then proceeded to not do that thing at all.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Every GM car I've liked they've seemed to try and discontinue ASAP
Turbo Trans Am
Grand National
Fiero

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Honestly, I just like to imagine gm as a giant preschool with the accounting department acting as teachers. Every now and then, the accounting department stops paying attention and the engineering and design departments get left alone in the play area with the parts bin unlocked and magical things happen. The accounting department comes back and lets them have their fun for a bit before they force them to put their toys away and go take a nap (ie: make a new chevy cruze).

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I love that they finally got around to fixing the Fiero's suspension, and actually ended up with something that could have been pretty cool... And then axed it the NEXT MODEL YEAR.

"That's an awfully nice mid engine sports car you guys have built. It'd be a shame if anything happened to it."

:commissar:

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"

Sadi posted:

So which of you mother fuckers is out here. https://imgur.com/a/sLCOb
Sand blast rally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEF2Ve80LHA
I was there crewing with the red white and blue Audi Quattro, hell of a fun weekend

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

MonkeyNutZ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEF2Ve80LHA
I was there crewing with the red white and blue Audi Quattro, hell of a fun weekend

I spent some time talking to who I assume was the owner of that car friday night. Super cool/nice dude.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Every GM car I've liked they've seemed to try and discontinue ASAP
Turbo Trans Am
Grand National
Fiero

Syclone, typhoon, ZR1, on and on

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GM has a reputation to uphold. They can't be caught having too much fun.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

MrYenko posted:

I love that they finally got around to fixing the Fiero's suspension, and actually ended up with something that could have been pretty cool... And then axed it the NEXT MODEL YEAR.

"That's an awfully nice mid engine sports car you guys have built. It'd be a shame if anything happened to it."

See also the Pontiac G8. They were gonna bring the ute over as a new El Camino and were talking about making the entire Pontiac range RWD. Nope. Axed the entire brand.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Anytime someone tries to do something cool at GM the rest of the company gets all butthurt and squads of accountants drop from helicopters to stop them.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Them Roadkill boys are at it again.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

MrYenko posted:

TBF anyone who wanted a non-lovely Fiero of that era just bought an MR2.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Collateral Damage posted:

Them Roadkill boys are at it again.

goddamn you I came here to post that

Bob rules

e- my wager is Finnegan had some extra boat stuff lying around

Notax
May 14, 2014

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Jonny Nox posted:

See also the Pontiac G8. They were gonna bring the ute over as a new El Camino and were talking about making the entire Pontiac range RWD. Nope. Axed the entire brand.

Reminder that Pontiac was the most profitable division of GM in its last quarter of existence, as G8GT sales had started to take off and they were marking Solstices down.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Octopus Magic posted:

TBF anyone who wanted a non-lovely Fiero of that era just bought an MR2.

Very true, but the 1988 Fiero could have (possibly) finally competed with the MR2 on a serious level, but GM.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Does the B body Impala SS belong on that list?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

thebigcow posted:

Does the B body Impala SS belong on that list?

I've always been ambivalent about that car. It's awesome that it got built, but it isn't particularly fast, the build quality is marginal, nor does it handle particularly well. That said, it was a new-build performance car during the darkest days of the nineties, so you can't write it off entirely.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

8ender posted:

Anytime someone tries to do something cool at GM the rest of the company gets all butthurt and squads of accountants drop from helicopters to stop them.

See the aforementioned Fiero.
At least, that's what my knowledgeable-about-Fieros buddy tells me. A bunch of young engineers basically did a bunch of end runs around the entrenched structure to get the thing done cheaply and on time, and it pissed off a of the established bureaucrats. They rocked the boat too much, and then when they fixed the problems caused by designing on the cheap, it was canceled. Of course, by that time, the marketing damage had been done, too, and everyone who wanted one had one.
Even better, canceling it turned the '88 into a special snowflake in a lot of ways, with a bunch of NLA suspension parts, for example.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

MrYenko posted:

Very true, but the 1988 Fiero could have (possibly) finally competed with the MR2 on a serious level, but GM.

The prototype for the 1990 Fiero was so awesome. Basically looked like a tiny version of the Banshee show car, was supposed to get the Quad 4 as the base engine with the 3.4 DOHC V6 as the up option.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

goddamn you I came here to post that

Bob rules

e- my wager is Finnegan had some extra boat stuff lying around

I'd wager that that's the exact same stuff they used for the muscle truck boat engine swap, just put on a different engine.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

ishikabibble posted:

I'd wager that that's the exact same stuff they used for the muscle truck boat engine swap, just put on a different engine.

Naw, they got a v-drive on Bob. The jet boat doesn't have a v-drive, it's a jet pump.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Q_res posted:

The prototype for the 1990 Fiero was so awesome. Basically looked like a tiny version of the Banshee show car, was supposed to get the Quad 4 as the base engine with the 3.4 DOHC V6 as the up option.

When I married my wife she had a Cutlass Supreme with the 3.4 DOHC in it. I would not recommend that engine for anything more than a boat anchor.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

MrYenko posted:

Maybe the first gen MR2, but by '88 the 2nd gen MR2 was on the horizon and was another much better car than anything GM could come up with on the Fiero.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Not a car but the father (and co-pilot) of one of my friends having 'an incident' many years ago.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Finnegan just posted this from their current Stubby Bob project.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCtygDuN27J/

Gish
Oct 18, 2000
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strength
Pretty awesome land rover thingamabob that I would drive the poo poo out of.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/02/not-land-rover-land-rover/

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Gish posted:

That is pretty dang cool.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

88h88 posted:

Not a car but the father (and co-pilot) of one of my friends having 'an incident' many years ago.

Were they sidehacking?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Indeed, flat track sidecar racing.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Gish posted:

I much prefer this to chequer plate and one life live it stickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
I present to you...the Rocket II Trike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeNLMN_RqSI