Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

RBX posted:

You spergs do know you can either ignore to take that poo poo off right? That doesn't change the album from being good. None of you ever comment on the songs themselves just the skits which is hilarious.

Its bad enough people are hyping up another fuckin Thug mixtape thats gonna be called mediocre then forgotten about when he announces the next tape seconds later which will then be called the greatest thing ever before it comes out.

Psssstttt.....

Ss3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
i wish kendrick kept gkmc vibe over tpab

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i still dont get the skit complaints on tpab because outside of the ending which is a completely skippable track i think there's less total skit time on tpab than gkmc. someone should run the numbers. though if you're someone who doesn't like gkmc or tpab i can at least understand that

i get really confused when people i've seen whine about the "filler" on tpab go and praise tlop. both of those albums have like 4-5 standout tracks and the "filler" on tpab is far more interesting

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
The lovely parts of TLOP are individual tracks so you can just skip them, weren't they more embedded into the songs on TPAB? That's my biggest hang up. I also didn't think TPAB had many good songs on it after the first week.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

abraham linksys posted:

i still dont get the skit complaints on tpab because outside of the ending which is a completely skippable track i think there's less total skit time on tpab than gkmc. someone should run the numbers. though if you're someone who doesn't like gkmc or tpab i can at least understand that

i get really confused when people i've seen whine about the "filler" on tpab go and praise tlop. both of those albums have like 4-5 standout tracks and the "filler" on tpab is far more interesting

I had issues with the skits on GKMC but at least they weren't as repetitive, corny, and overly serious as the ones on TPAB. At least the filler interludes on TLOP have a sense of humor and joy to them.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
A packa blacks and a beat CD?!?!??

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I feel bad that you don't enjoy Thug, he puts out of a lot of really good music and it's exciting to get hyped for it.

Ehh, his poo poo is way too samey. Future's kinda getting there too, but I just like future better. Really reminds me of Lil B where you'd have to go through 10 tracks to get one that is even decent. Thug's generally average song is generally better than Lil B's during his big run, but Thug's way more one-note in all his stuff.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Xl98XTYFo

For the day that's in it

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I like Thug. He's alright but he's not real tho

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
He aint even trippin off those dominoes no more

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

abraham linksys posted:

Its not GKMC. That's the problem.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

abraham linksys posted:

i still dont get the skit complaints on tpab because outside of the ending which is a completely skippable track i think there's less total skit time on tpab than gkmc. someone should run the numbers.

Wesley's Theory: 0:13 voicemail
For Free: 0:40 woman talking
King Kunta: 0:04 Kendrick talking
These Walls: 0:21 Kendrick talking
u: 0:17 room service lady
Alright: 0:24 Kendrick talking
For Sale: 0:19 man talking, 0:58 Kendrick talking
Hood Politics: 0:27 voicemail, 0:45 Kendrick talking
Complexion: 0:18 Kendrick talking
i: 2:36 Kendrick talking
Mortal Man: 7:21 Kendrick and Tupac talking
Total (not including Mortal Man): 8:22

Sherane: 0:30 prayer, 1:19 voicemail
Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe: 0:07 guy talking
The Art of Pure Pressure: 1:25 guys talking
Money Trees: 0:40 voicemail
Poetic Justice: 0:30 guys talking
m.a.a.d city: 0:15 guys talking
Swimming Pools: 0:41 guys talking
Sing About Me, I'm Dying Of Thirst: 0:43 guys talking, 1:45 baptism
Real: 1:58 voicemail
Compton: 0:06 guy talking
Total: 9:59

Almost all the strictly spoken parts of TPAB are also set over music, while GKMC skits are almost always separated from the music. Aside from that, if you can handle the 8:22 of TPAB that isn't *give me raps and hooks directly in my earholes right now*, it's just more interesting than the skits on GKMC. I know Kendrick's poem thing takes up most of it, but I thought the slow reveal spread throughout was clever and not boring, plus it has a clear contribution to the album beyond, for example, "here is Compton guys getting baptized in real time."

Bandiet fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 7, 2016

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

GKMC is wildly overrated too

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Bandiet posted:

Wesley's Theory: 0:13 voicemail
For Free: 0:40 woman talking
King Kunta: 0:04 Kendrick talking
These Walls: 0:21 Kendrick talking
u: 0:17 room service lady
Alright: 0:24 Kendrick talking
For Sale: 0:19 man talking, 0:58 Kendrick talking
Hood Politics: 0:27 voicemail, 0:45 Kendrick talking
Complexion: 0:18 Kendrick talking
i: 2:36 Kendrick talking
Mortal Man: 7:21 Kendrick and Tupac talking
Total (not including Mortal Man): 8:22

Sherane: 0:30 prayer, 1:19 voicemail
Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe: 0:07 guy talking
The Art of Pure Pressure: 1:25 guys talking
Money Trees: 0:40 voicemail
Poetic Justice: 0:30 guys talking
m.a.a.d city: 0:15 guys talking
Swimming Pools: 0:41 guys talking
Sing About Me, I'm Dying Of Thirst: 0:43 guys talking, 1:45 baptism
Real: 1:58 voicemail
Compton: 0:06 guy talking
Total: 9:59

Almost all the strictly spoken parts of TPAB are also set over music, while GKMC skits are almost always separated from the music. Aside from that, if you can handle the 8:22 of TPAB that isn't *give me raps and hooks directly in my earholes right now*, it's just more interesting than the skits on GKMC. I know Kendrick's poem thing takes up most of it, but I thought the slow reveal spread throughout was clever and not boring, plus it has a clear contribution to the album beyond, for example, "here is Compton guys getting baptized in real time."

15:43 is actually quite a lot of time to spend on skits for your album, especially when so much of it is the same poem being repeated over and over again. It's not even a good or clever poem, he's just recapping the album's narrative like a Wikipedia synopsis. Also your recap reminded how much I hated those voicemail skits on GKMC that go on and on forever

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
guys you just don't get it he says a woman's name but she's actually the devil, and this homeless man is god

and michael jackson is 100% innocent simply because he wrote billie jean

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
BILL COSBY INNOCENT!!!

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
There is no filler on Pablo. You're basic. It's one long track.

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

Budget Prefuse posted:

this makes me sick to my stomach. 50 loving shots. dude was young and blowing up and someone just decides to end all of that. completely meaningless violence. rest in peace

https://soundcloud.com/itsadolla/flexaholic

Agreed, Doe B and Chinx as well and I'm sure there's been others in the past year or two. ugh...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Anaranjado posted:

BILL COSBY INNOCENT!!!

I am 99% sure that the original lyrics was "manipulated Bill COSBY with desires" and it got changed to Clinton late in the game

:tinfoil:

Antequek
May 30, 2014
An easy fix for TPAB would be if he didn't repeat any parts of the poem until the end and only said the new parts each song. Would kinda break context and force you to put it together in your head (at least on first listen).

Edit: I am also very excited for the new YG

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So I bought tickets for this over the weekend

I'm loving excited

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I wanted to go but my friends are bad.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I'm loving excited
i got tickets to this beast

:getin:

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I miss Section.80 Kendrick, this new poo poo is just not enjoyable.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'm loving excited

Smell Kehlani's rear end for me

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
"I miss the old Kendrick, Straight from Compton Kendrick..."

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Tremendous Taste posted:

GKMC is wildly overrated too

ummm!!! UMMM!!! ACTUALLY,...

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Saw Migos in Concert and... it was only 2 of them :/
At least it was free

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Profondo Rosso posted:

At least it was free

But one of them was not

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Profondo Rosso posted:

At least it was free

Which two?

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I miss Section.80 Kendrick, this new poo poo is just not enjoyable.

This is pretty much my feelings on the matter.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Wezlar posted:

Which two?

I was admittedly very intoxicated but I'm p sure Offset was missing. They just played pre-recorded hooks from him/cut all there songs short. Was a fun set but really put damper on things

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm loving excited

Budget Prefuse posted:

i got tickets to this beast

I've got a ticket to this for this coming weekend:

Kid Cudi, Future, Fetty Wap, A$AP Ferg, Earl Sweatshirt, Mystikal, Juvenile, Post Malone etc.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Kid Cudi, Future, Fetty Wap, A$AP Ferg, Earl Sweatshirt, Mystikal, Juvenile, Post Malone etc.

I hope Cudi doesn't play his new poo poo for that event

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

drat, why pay for all that just to see Earl Sweatshirt.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

baauer, tchami, cashmere cat and yellow claw are all really good live if you're into that kind of music. just saying

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh yeah, I'm definitely gonna catch Cashmere Cat and Baauer's sets. Just listed some of the hip-hop acts because of the thread we're in.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Does Earl sound awake when he does live shows? He sounds like the opposite of who I'd go to a festival for, and I don't even dislike the guy or anything

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Remember when everyone acted like he was gonna be the biggest deal ever then he got out of boot camp and released an album and it was just ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

earls best album is still his first mixtape