Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mizbachevenim
Jul 13, 2002

If you fake the funk, your nose will grow
Brilliant arching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Get some, Hank!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Nice

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That was awesome.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
That episode honestly had everything

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Maxwell Lord posted:

That was awesome.

I agree.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That was pretty incredible

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Spoonsy posted:

That episode honestly had everything
It was a Pretty Good Episode

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
This season has been spectacular.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
this might be the best season of the show. absolutely incredible stuff.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I passed up a booty call to watch this and definitely came out ahead

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
For once, I get a weird reference!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

There were about a million references there that went right over my head and I'm sure they were all perfect

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The other reference I got: That the threat video is a reference to Empire. That's when I went "Ohhhhh, they're Warhol-themed".

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
I'm a little drunk but I had a gigantic poo poo eating grin on my face the entire episode, the monarch and 21 are awesome at their jobs, hank is getting some, and rusty is being a lame motherfucker just like he was destined to be. I am so sad that the Monarch and Dr. Mrs. The Monarch are destined for an argument but god drat is this doing a good job of appealing to all my emtions

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Fowl posted:

The other reference I got: That the threat video is a reference to Empire. That's when I went "Ohhhhh, they're Warhol-themed".

Yeah, it was pretty much wall to wall Warhol references that honestly went impressively deep

It was also :3: as gently caress to see Dean and co helping out Hank.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Fun episode. Brock and team need to up their security already. Villains just keep walking right in.

Also I hope we get to see Rusty do some questionable super science again like the dream machine or zombifiied henchman. The god gas was fun, but now I want more.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I hate to think what happened to those two "ninjas" that Brock and the Henchlice got their outfits from.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
They fixed the hole, this upsets me greatly.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mr. Fowl posted:

Yeah, that's when I first gleaned onto the villain theme too.

That bomb detonation at the very end, tho. Man, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Worried I woke up my neighbours. God drat hilarious.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Doc and Hatred playing TF2

Minor nitpick , but Doc was obviously playing a Pyro. He is supposed to go around setting teammates on fire. (I know, I know, a wizard did it.) It's just kind of odd for a show that's usually so geeky to mess that one up.

Otherwise a really great episode, even if there were about a million references that flew over my head. But hey, at least I caught the Bull Durham reference.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I kinda want doc orpheus to return a bit as well as doc actually getting some work done.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I have been waiting for Doc to finally do a Warhol themed villain team. He knocked it out of the park like normal.

I can't wait to see where this ends.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Motherfucker posted:

I kinda want doc orpheus to return a bit as well as doc actually getting some work done.

Well, a bunch of Rusty's super science stuff just blew up, so I kind of doubt that we're going to see Venture accomplishing much in the next two episodes.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Man the blue morpho stuff is completely awesome. I hope the monarch being a vigilante good guyish dude is a permanent change.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

thrakkorzog posted:

Well, a bunch of Rusty's super science stuff just blew up, so I kind of doubt that we're going to see Venture accomplishing much in the next two episodes.

It's probably all insured. Hell, the Guild is probably in the insurance game.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

nice to see cartoon Grant Morrison getting some work again

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

What a good episode. Quizboy as legless hobo had me rolling.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
That was a fan-loving-tastic episode.

Only 2 left now sadly. Hopefully in a year or so we'll get a All-This-and-Gargantua-2 calibre special to tie up all the current plotlines.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Doc and Hatred playing TF2

Hah, screencap please.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
What is the Doom Factory a reference to? I mean I get the Legion of Doom, but it seems like they're also referencing musicians or something.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

What is the Doom Factory a reference to? I mean I get the Legion of Doom, but it seems like they're also referencing musicians or something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Factory

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Jewel Repetition posted:

It was linked earlier, but this is all one giant Andy Warhol reference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Factory

Warhol had "installations" (modern art exhibits) and "happenings" (half party, half performance art piece), and all the Doom Factory members were various Warhol "superstars".

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Oh, and the guy constantly running things back and forth in a tub of paint was silkscreening more copies of the paintings. Warhol used his clique to mass-produce prints of his work, as the article I link notes.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

WarpedLichen posted:

What a good episode. Quizboy as legless hobo had me rolling.

It had him rolling, too :v:

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Here is the real-life counterparts: Eenie Meanie is Edie Sedgwick, Gerard the Gorilla is Gerard Malanga, Hard Candy is Candy Darling, Frigid is Brigid Berlin, Ultra Violet is of course Ultra Violet.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I wonder if The Groovy Gang's Val ever tried to kill the leader of The Doom Factory.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Fireworks :swoon:"

http://i.imgur.com/mRV9kOD.gifv

Hank kicking up his leg at the end :3:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I knew i'd heard Sirena's voice before; she's Cristin Milioti, who was DiCaprio's first wife in Wolf of Wall Street, and Johnny Sack's daughter on The Sopranos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Djarum posted:

Here is the real-life counterparts: Eenie Meanie is Edie Sedgwick, Gerard the Gorilla is Gerard Malanga, Hard Candy is Candy Darling, Frigid is Brigid Berlin, Ultra Violet is of course Ultra Violet.

So who was the sarcastic green guy? Both LoD and The Factory. I just kept thinking of him as a nastier version of Lorne from Angel.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Mar 7, 2016