Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

the only way I see Lumpen not being a horrible player here is if he's bulletproof. From how I'm looking at the setup I think that's the only way to stop the serial killer.

Either way Lumpen just put himself as a target for no reason, which is dumb.

Yeah, I didn't read it that way. I read it as a way to see who would immediately react. His logic seems sound and with what he thinks is in towns best interest.

Kashuno posted:

I actually think the way lumpen went off and claimed a power role immediately with no consensus is the least town favorable way to do this, so we will have to agree to disagree on that Jake.

This doesn't read genuine to me at all. This looks like a way to immediately garner attention toward a player to tunnel town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

I'm the Jailor, gently caress off

lol

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I roleclaimed now because you're all loving stupid and you want to not play mafia, you want to play "please don't kill me power roles".

So instead of having the rest of this day consisting of all of you bitching at each other whether I'm scum because you really want to lynch me because I think you're all loving stupid, I'll just roleclaim now and save you the trouble.

Does anyone actually want to play mafia?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

lolwut

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

it won't, it'll just make it so that the 4 powerroles run the town and the rest of the town won't do jack poo poo and lurk, and then the game just becomes a circlejerk of "which of the plebs should we lynch"

I don't understand why you think this?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Khris Kruel posted:

can you not be poo poo this game please.

Lumpen posted:

Kashuno, if you are Town, explain your thought process in at least 75 words. Until then ##vote: kashuno

From last loving game which you were in.

quote:

Everyone claims; all mafia WILL claim a power role. This will leave you with, more likely, our backups found out and scum gets a bounty of new information on who to target. This is a huge net negative for town, and is blatantly set up to help scum pick their targets. Another possibility; scum will mix and match power and no power, which gives town no new information, but gives scum more information. There is absolutely no way this benefits town, period. You seem like the kind of player who thinks before they post, so for you to ignore options that are apparent within half a second of reading your post screams scum that is trying to push a false narrative.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

I roleclaimed now because you're all loving stupid and you want to not play mafia, you want to play "please don't kill me power roles".

So instead of having the rest of this day consisting of all of you bitching at each other whether I'm scum because you really want to lynch me because I think you're all loving stupid, I'll just roleclaim now and save you the trouble.

Relax man, ignoring the fact that he wants to roleclaim and break the game D1, what are your thoughts on why he would do that? Does that read town to you?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Khris Kruel posted:

you are my favorite mafia player KK

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Khris Kruel posted:

*sigh*
We'll see about that. Still more likely SK in my opinion.

If KK is lying, I would not recommend a counterclaim at this point. Breadcrumbing could be helpful though.

##vote kashuno

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

kordansk posted:

Relax man, ignoring the fact that he wants to roleclaim and break the game D1, what are your thoughts on why he would do that? Does that read town to you?

no it reads dumb to me. I don't think he'd risk it being scum, they're all necessary roles and there's no vanilla mafia role. Likely he's telling the truth and is just bad at mafia

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Kashuno posted:

you are my favorite mafia player KK

high fives, another game ruined :D

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

personally I think JakeP looks the worst coming out of this exchange. It's very easy for scum to "buddy" up with players they know are town. What lumpen did was inexcusable and them trying to excuse it looks scummy.

##vote: JakeP

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Lumpen posted:

*sigh*

If KK is lying, I would not recommend a counterclaim at this point. Breadcrumbing could be helpful though.

##vote kashuno

that's right bitch, who's your god now? Wanna play roleclaim mafia well I DICTATE WHO IS LYNCHED NOW DUMBASS

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

*sigh*

##vote kashuno

Uh, not really. I am a bit confused. First you want a massclaim, and I understood what your logic behind it was, though I don't think you really considered how it would be harmful to town. But it seems like you are just willing to believe the jailor claim, even without questioning it. Rage answering is a null read for the most part. Lastly, why would you ask someone to breadcrumb more information. That is probably even worse than just claiming.

##vote lumpen

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

personally I think JakeP looks the worst coming out of this exchange. It's very easy for scum to "buddy" up with players they know are town. What lumpen did was inexcusable and them trying to excuse it looks scummy.

##vote: JakeP

Inexcuseable lol

No, you are just not looking at this game from a setup perspective and want to play it as if it is any old closed setup game.

Lumpen posted:

*sigh*

SK wouldn't claim a power role day 1

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Hey KK how is what Lumpen did unexcuseable but your fuller claim is fine?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

JakeP posted:

Inexcuseable lol

No, you are just not looking at this game from a setup perspective and want to play it as if it is any old closed setup game.

SK wouldn't claim a power role day 1

don't play WIFOM with what an SK would or wouldn't do. That's just scummy.

And I want to ignore the setup and play mafia

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

JakeP posted:

Hey KK how is what Lumpen did unexcuseable but your fuller claim is fine?

yes a softclaim is scummy, a full claim is not. Also it's day 1 and not wanting to play mafia is not town behavior

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

also I find it hilarious that JakeP would try to buddy up with Lumpen for his softclaim BUT OH MY GOD I CLAIM AND I MUST BE WRONG

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

don't play WIFOM with what an SK would or wouldn't do. That's just scummy.

And I want to ignore the setup and play mafia

Its not playing Wifom its making a reasonable statement based on what the SK wouldn't do. SK needs to be the last player alive. Claiming a power role puts them in obvious danger the second that the player with that role flips

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

everyone watch how everyone's stances change as soon as someone else claims...almost like they're all retarded hypocrites

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

also I find it hilarious that JakeP would try to buddy up with Lumpen for his softclaim BUT OH MY GOD I CLAIM AND I MUST BE WRONG

Thats not what I said at all. You are the one who said lumpens claim was scummy and then you claimed

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

JakeP posted:

Its not playing Wifom its making a reasonable statement based on what the SK wouldn't do. SK needs to be the last player alive. Claiming a power role puts them in obvious danger the second that the player with that role flips

you have no idea what a loving SK would do. Don't pigeon hole bullshit. An SK might try to do EXACTLY the opposite just because you think they wouldn't do that.

That is literally WIFOM. And its scummy because you're empty posting and looking like you're contributing when you're not.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

JakeP posted:

Thats not what I said at all. You are the one who said lumpens claim was scummy and then you claimed

read again, I said it was loving stupid

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

you have no idea what a loving SK would do. Don't pigeon hole bullshit. An SK might try to do EXACTLY the opposite just because you think they wouldn't do that.

That is literally WIFOM. And its scummy because you're empty posting and looking like you're contributing when you're not.

Its an open setup. You are just wrong and stupid as all loving hell

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

JakeP posted:

Its an open setup. You are just wrong and stupid as all loving hell

no you are just pissed that you've been EXPOSED for your bullshit.

Masturbating about roles is what scum would do to not appear to be a lurker and not contributing jackshit to the discussion

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not pissed, I am frustrated with your stubborness and stupidity though

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

JakeP posted:

I'm not pissed, I am frustrated with your stubborness and stupidity though

but not at Lumpens?

I just made your massroleclaim bullshit easier to do, but you're frustrated with me for what?

Think clearly what I have done that makes your plan harder...nothing. I've helped your stupid massroleclaim.

You should be on your knees thanking me

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Lumpen isn't being a stupid rear end in a top hat

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The beans are spilled.

Let's actually do the Massclaim now. As was suggested in the last game of this type and also during the sign ups of this game.

I like Lumpens version of doing power vs backup, at least initially. Will have to be revisited if we get more power claims then there are though.

I'm Backup.

Claims so far:
Lumpen = Power
KK = Jailer
KB = Backup

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I'm backup

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I thought Kash was wrong about his opinion in the last game, and he was town, so I don't necessarily think it's alignment revealing.

But my instinct is still to vote him.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm not doing this stupid as gently caress mass claim

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

JakeP posted:

Lumpen isn't being a stupid rear end in a top hat

no he's just being a manipulative rear end in a top hat. You're like a woman that doesn't realize she's about to get dumped.

At least I'm open about it and you know exactly what you get from me

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I'm not doing this stupid as gently caress mass claim

fight the system bro. It'll turn out well for you

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

no he's just being a manipulative rear end in a top hat. You're like a woman that doesn't realize she's about to get dumped.

At least I'm open about it and you know exactly what you get from me

What is Lumpen doing that is manipulative?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Hey guys, if the SK is someone that doesn't like me, they'll kill me tonight. My role has no effect on them and it doesn't get lost, so an SK kill will point to someone that just doesn't like my personality.

Remember that

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

JakeP posted:

What is Lumpen doing that is manipulative?

exactly my point

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

exactly my point

Rather than being a condescending prick maybe try playing mafia and explain the things you are saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

someone that just doesn't like my personality.

Thats a real short list :rolleyes:

• Locked thread