Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
In four days, All Hail 47:

(I've figured out the shortcut to invert colors in ms paint and am now mad with power)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

god why

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Clera: "Find the computer room!"

also,

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I know that's Shadow the Hedgehog but I'm pretty lost about the rest of those posts. Is he a gun wielding clone? I thought he was just one of Sonic's pals. Like all people of taste and refinement I haven't played a Sonic game for a very long time.

This confusion must be my comeuppance for feeling smug about getting the Natalie Wood and Lord Lucan jokes.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

marktheando posted:

I know that's Shadow the Hedgehog but I'm pretty lost about the rest of those posts. Is he a gun wielding clone? I thought he was just one of Sonic's pals. Like all people of taste and refinement I haven't played a Sonic game for a very long time.

This confusion must be my comeuppance for feeling smug about getting the Natalie Wood and Lord Lucan jokes.

The game literally called Shadow the Hedgehog has him wielding a gun on the front cover. He also says "drat" a few times because he's """tortured by his mysterious past""" and people were supposed to be very impressed by how dark and edgy the game is.

I can't even remember how I was exposed to that game, but someone should recommend a decent LP of that game because it is something.

also to draw more parallels this series has early games that people remember fondly because of nostalgic cherrypicking but they're actually mostly-terrible games designed by idiots who have never known what the gently caress they're doing :ssh:

This HM will probably be the Generations of the series, which means the next game will be the Sonic Boom of Hitman

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Agent 47 learns to kill his targets with the power of friendship to guide him

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Moartoast posted:

also to draw more parallels this series has early games that people remember fondly because of nostalgic cherrypicking but they're actually mostly-terrible games designed by idiots who have never known what the gently caress they're doing :ssh:

This HM will probably be the Generations of the series, which means the next game will be the Sonic Boom of Hitman

Hah when you put that way, yeah it does kinda make sense. Wait hold on, didn't we already get our Sonic boom with Absolution?

I don't think it was the Colors or Unleash at all.

Then again the only thing I did like it was how it controlled but everything else was meh.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Absolution is Shadow The Hedgehog, obviously. Or Sonic '06 if you're feeling especially scathing.

I promise this thread will stop being about Sonic The Hedgehog analogues soon.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Sorry, I'm pretty sure that's going to be impossible when it's announced Mission 3 takes place in Spring Yard Zone

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I would love to murder the Sonic franchise.

*submits application for CEO of Sega*

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Moartoast posted:

I promise this thread will stop being about Sonic The Hedgehog analogues soon.
One last push! Apologies for the set of images.
Pointless inexplicable edgy personal "symbol": check.

Generic crazy scientist creator who betrays his employers: check.

Fighting off-brand knockoffs in a late-game twist: check.

Fixation on little girl as hackneyed character motivation: check.

Annoying pointlessly sexualized supporting characterthat should not exist: check.

A fanbase with really horrific taste: check.
Really bad linear levels set in old west canyons: check.

FutonForensic posted:

Sorry, I'm pretty sure that's going to be impossible when it's announced Mission 3 takes place in Spring Yard Zone

I'm personally just hoping for a Shadow mascot costume DLC. The costume is like the horrible chipmunk outfit from Absolution, but it constantly plays lines from the dark n' gritty time-traveling hedgehog as you try to sneak around. Alternately, a Crush 40 soundtrack.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 7, 2016

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Now I want a mission where 47 can wear functioning roller skates.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Discendo Vox posted:

One last push!
Pointless inexplicable edgy personal "symbol": check.

Generic crazy scientist creator who betrays his employers: check.

Fighting off-brand knockoffs in a late-game twist: check.

Fixation on little girl as hackneyed character motivation: check.

Annoying pointlessly sexualized supporting characterthat should not exist: check.

A fanbase with really horrific taste: check.

I'm personally just hoping for a Shadow mascot costume DLC. The costume is like the horrible chipmunk outfit from Absolution, but it constantly plays lines from the dark n' gritty time-traveling hedgehog as you try to sneak around. Alternately, a Crush 40 soundtrack.

ehh i still like hitman :c00lbutt: But your not wrong. The series is the video game equivalent to Cannon films. Violent as gently caress with hosed up sense of morality and weird issues with women and most other people. But its fun and i dig that kind stuff if its well done (which most of the hitman games are) absolution is basically a Charles Bronson film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUgKUspKisY

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

it's notable that the sonic franchise as a whole has basically been a big ripoff of other franchises (sonic in general is basically just furry DBZ) so you might be putting the cart before the horse here

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I don't know why, but those look like dudes to me.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
I don't think the Hitman series has ever tried portraying 47 as cool or badass since they certainly show he's completely anti social and lame outside of killing people, the beta especially hammered that point in.

I think that's what mainly prevents Hitman from being edgy. That and they don't take themselves too seriously. :v:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I don't get the obsession with blood and gore in Hitman. The more blood there is in a Hitman mission the more you're playing it wrong.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

I don't know why but this is genuinely hilarious to me.

Also I feel blind as hell because the Agency logo has never looked like anything to me. I kinda like it as a clean icon on the desktop but I have no actual idea what it's supposed to be, if it's anything beyond "check out this neat thing our graphic designer made in their first week here". It's also worth noting that I am the actual factual worst at comprehending optical illusions or even just plain minimalist art.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

StashAugustine posted:

I don't get the obsession with blood and gore in Hitman. The more blood there is in a Hitman mission the more you're playing it wrong.

because people are sick fucks (like me) and want to go on virtual killing sprees for fun.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Moartoast posted:

Also I feel blind as hell because the Agency logo has never looked like anything to me. I kinda like it as a clean icon on the desktop but I have no actual idea what it's supposed to be, if it's anything beyond "check out this neat thing our graphic designer made in their first week here". It's also worth noting that I am the actual factual worst at comprehending optical illusions or even just plain minimalist art.

afaik it has no meaning, beyond being ort-meyer's personal logo.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Hitman is a series that has an explicit focal point of "murder people (typically stereotypes of the ethnic/sexual variety) in spectacular, elaborate and/or impressive ways as a bald white macho pig man", and systemically facilitates reactive mass murder, especially with the addition of BM's newspapers, law of averages says it's going to attract some massive creeps. IOI and Square's tonal confusion definitely hasn't helped matters.

That's not to say enjoying playing Hitman "wrong" isn't fun, just that some people are a teensy bit obsessed with making it into a genuine murder simulator instead of a freeform wacky ragdoll video game funtimes simulator.

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

You guys made me google this stupid bullshit

Surprisingly little crossover beyond that, thank Christ

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Discendo Vox posted:

afaik it has no meaning, beyond being ort-meyer's personal logo.

I've heard it described as a stylized fleur-de-lis, which is rather odd since that already is a stylized lily itself.
I used to think it was crawling reptile myself.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

I made a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0O5spsGf8o

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Steam is offering the Intro pack for 15 bucks, how much is the upgrade for the other levels?

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

StashAugustine posted:

Steam is offering the Intro pack for 15 bucks, how much is the upgrade for the other levels?

If you don't get the full experience ($60) up front, each additional level will cost you $10. Bought separately everything should be $65, assuming five more locations at $10 each, which is also what the $50 upgrade pack is.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I don't remember Blood Money being this trippy

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Excellent

Jintor
May 19, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

no more pot/drug trip levels, please, for the love of god. though i think it's ubi who loves that poo poo more than eidos.

/edit though i'm aware this is just glitching being glitchy.

actually, i can't even remember if I was hallucinating that pot level in hitman absolution. I wasn't, right?

Jintor fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 8, 2016

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
There was a level where you escape through a apartment of stoner hippies but no "effects" or anything happened.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

StashAugustine posted:

Rave mode unlocked.

Alternate option: 90's 3D card tech demo mode unlocked. Coloured lighting.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

From what I could play before getting fed up with Hitman: Miami it felt really nice to have a modern AAA Hitman game that has budget for little bits of polish like guards turning you away with different lines depending on your outfit and other little stuff like that.

e: is it possible to kill targets with only the sniper rifle in BM without resorting to a) super cheese like shooting them in the back or sedating them and shooting them later or b) getting your cover blown

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 8, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

StashAugustine posted:

e: is it possible to kill targets with only the sniper rifle in BM without resorting to a) super cheese like shooting them in the back or sedating them and shooting them later or b) getting your cover blown

Tried sniping the groom in till death do us part and there's too many bulletproof bushes in the way which is the worst kind of bullshit, they obviously didn't want you sniping the first target too easily so their solution was "stick Kevlar bushes everywhere".

If you try and take the shot from anywhere you're blocked and everyone instantly sees you and blows your cover. :colbert:
Death of crows lets you snipe mark purchezzi III but there' s no good vantage points for the other targets that won't get you seen.
A new life lets you snipe the witness if you ring his house phone and take the shot from the garage across the road.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I've definitely sniped the groom in 'Till Death Do Us Part. Have you tried sniping from the attic during the ceremony?

The only target I've often tried to snipe but never succeeded at is the hot tub guy. I've plugged him with the scoped silverballer, but never the rifle..

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

That one I'd be willing to accept just shooting out the hot tub. The one I was having trouble with is in the first mission the dude in the cellar doesn't seem to go anywhere you can get a clean shot without having the entire level see you put together the gun.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm trying to play Hitman 2 again and I can't. It's too clunky and the guards are way too twitchy and trigger happy. I loving loved this game when I was 15 but I guess there really isn't a reason to go back with BM existing :shrug:

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yep, Hitman 2 is frustrating. The dreadfully slow sneak-move speed, the tedium of the chloroform, the wire; everything's just harder to do and feels less rewarding. Not to mention the way that nobody gives a poo poo if you run or walk in your suit, but as soon as you start running in anything else it's OK to start shooting you up. That was one of the most misguided aspects of the disguise system that was very thankfully fixed in Blood Money.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
my favourite bug feature is dual wielding in codename 47

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think it's just a product of the time. Hitman 1 had no "suspicion" meter at all - so long as you had a disguise you were invisible to guards, unless you do something that invalidates it like kill someone or get spotted in an area where the costume doesn't work, in which case, that disguise is now blown forever.

Hitman 2 was their attempt to try to find a middle ground, and they overtuned it, but they didn't really have anything to compare it to. By Blood Money they'd already had two shots at enemy suspicion between Silent Assassin and Contracts, so they had a better idea of how to tweak it by that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

That one I'd be willing to accept just shooting out the hot tub. The one I was having trouble with is in the first mission the dude in the cellar doesn't seem to go anywhere you can get a clean shot without having the entire level see you put together the gun.

sprint over to the burnt out truck but knock out the guard first. climb onto the roof and sprint toward the pipe, drop down and go up the pipe, assemble wa2000 and its p obv from here. use ap rounds to shoot the son, best to time it when you see the top of the cellar doors open and shoot him through two sets of doors

thats what i did yesterday when i thought about a wa2000 run