Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
If reworked Taric doesn't use a charm mechanic, it would be very disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Taric Rework leak:

Q - Dazzle
Taric suddenly removes his shirt, charming all enemies in front of him for 1 second and dealing 100(+0.69 Armor) magic damage. Any male enemies hit by Dazzle will also have Uncontrollable Raging Boner applied, reducing move speed by 75% for 3 seconds.
Passive: Taric's auto attacks against enemies affected by Uncontrollable Raging Boner deal an additional 25 true damage and grant Taric and his allies vision of the target for 4 seconds.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

mistaya posted:

Why does Gnar feel bad right now anyway, is it just that Fiora eats him alive or?

He got too many nerfs from being overplayed in competitive. He was never at any point an insanely dominant solo queue champion but was pretty overbearing at the top 1% of play. The problem now is that they crunched all his overbearing lane aspects down to what are barely advantages, and they made his window of opportunity for Mega Gnar so small that any smart opponent(s) can read your desperation to engage, keep you at bay for a few seconds, and then absolutely piledrive your team when you go back to Mini Gnar.

His mini form is like a lovely Teemo, and his mega form is like a 15 second window of you getting to play the hard engage tank champion you should have just picked in the first place like Nautilus, Malphite, or Poppy. The other team sees that and steps back for 5 seconds, then you have to desparately flash forward and try to crunch, and then they realize you are Teemo without a mushroom field and kill you.

Gnar also needs an insane amount of itemization and gold to truly be powerful because he has to itemize for both phases of his transformation and they play differently. Mini Gnar wants Black Cleaver, Blade of the Ruined King, maybe a Frozen Mallet. Mega Gnar wants a Spirit Visage, Sunfire Cape, Randuin's. Gnar won't be able to get the gold to get all of those things, so you have to choose between being a lovely Marksman a lot of the time or being a lovely Tank in your Mega. Even if you have a dream game you aren't going to get enough gold to get all the items that you want and ideally need to perform both roles.

All of these problems compound to make him really bad compared to his OP/FOTM days where he was one of the most abusive lane opponents you could face because he had the base values, huge windows, and versatility to do literally anything. That isn't the case anymore.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It's easy to tell if Singed Q is on bc the skill indicates whether it's on or not in your skill bar.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

a medical mystery posted:

I play Singed a lot and turning on colorblind mode helped. The poison becomes a much more contrasting and stark blue hue.

I'm a noob at this game but turning on colourblind mode has made an enormous difference, if for no other reason than that the yellow healthbar means I can actually find my champion under the mess of particle effects that is the average teamfight.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
lol how did I not notice this hilarity

PBE posted:

Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser [ R ]

Now additionally fears all targets around the swapped target for 1.5 seconds in a 375 radius (after the swap completes).

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm glad we're getting Vi buffs this week, I think they could go a bit further but it will help her early game and early clears quite a bit. E max second will probably be quite a bit better than W max second now.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

So now if you're dead with six items you can buy an elixir and it'll start running even though you're still dead.

Cool.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm gonna play so much Urgot next patch oh yeah

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

lol how did I not notice this hilarity

Kashuno posted:

Urgot ult getting an aoe fear.

Kashuno posted:

We should all talk about urgots ult getting a 1.5 second aoe fear

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Schiavona posted:

So now if you're dead with six items you can buy an elixir and it'll start running even though you're still dead.

Cool.
It adds your remaining death time onto the duration though, you'll always get 3 minutes.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

I don't get to follow the thread much on weekends, so I clearly missed it. My bad!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

for the first time ever i am going to say "time to play urgot" and my allies are not going to respond with groans and pleas for me to do anything else

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
they will be afraid of my jungle urgot now!!!

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Kashuno posted:

they will be afraid of my jungle urgot now!!!

Jungle Urgot is good and has a super safe clear thanks to his shield and the way talisman works.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
tank urgot seems nice

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Jungle Urgot is good and has a super safe clear thanks to his shield and the way talisman works.

I unironically played urgot jungle with feral flare

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I genuinely hope this isn't trolling. I need a new off-meta jungler after rumble became meta-ish

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Primetime posted:

I genuinely hope this isn't trolling. I need a new off-meta jungler after rumble became meta-ish

Why don't you try out THE FABLED JUNGLE LEONA

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Schiavona posted:

Cool.

They talked about this in a patch note a few patches back. Like somebody else observed, you always get three minutes of active elixir time after your initial spawn post-purchase. All it means is that you can purchase the elixir while your death timer is counting down, as opposed to having to wait until after you spawn. It's a good thing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Schiavona posted:

Cool.

That's intentional. It adds your remaining death time to the elixir's duration so you always get a full length.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

rabidsquid posted:

It's easy to tell if Singed Q is on bc the skill indicates whether it's on or not in your skill bar.

Yeah, but I don't look at that; I particularly don't want to have to glance at it in a teamfight, which is where the problem of recognizing whether it is on in all the clutter usually occurs.

I remember trying colorblind mode in the past and being kind of bummed at how ugly it made the game, but I'll probably have to try it again (and thank others here for the advice to try that).

SlyFrog fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 7, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

SlyFrog posted:

I remember trying colorblind mode in the past and being kind of bummed at how ugly it made the game, but I'll probably have to try it again (and thank others here for the advice to try that).

All it changes is the colors of your hp bar, the turrets, and icons on the minimap though?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gridlocked posted:

Sivir super good atm btw.

Play Sivir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRmc9IPGmiA

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Primetime posted:

Hunter's Talisman drains 5 hp per second for 5 seconds from everyone damaged by you. Urgot's E is an AoE that lasts 5 seconds. Q will also apply the 5 bonus damage from Savagery. The problem of course is his gank is basically just walk up to a guy and landing E before level 6.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Luna Was Here posted:

All it changes is the colors of your hp bar, the turrets, and icons on the minimap though?

Wait, then why would it making Singed's poison trail more visible/obvious?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

SlyFrog posted:

Wait, then why would it making Singed's poison trail more visible/obvious?

I mean maybe it changes that too but you said it makes the game ugly and there aren't any real differences between standard and cb aside from the small colorization changes

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
god i love loving landing the perfect E and travelling really far and two of them follow me and i just land the Q and both of them are stunned and it's just an NNNNGH moment

unfortunately i can't carry a game when my ADC is trash, but when they complain to me about accidentally stealing kills when they retreat and i don't, well, that's kinda on them, they should've kept going and trusted in my wisdom as glorious leader of the lane support

bard..... is good

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

sivir is an amazingly excitingly good champion if you like seeing gold icons pop up and thinking you're good at CSing like I am because I am bad at CSing

and early game in general, so sivir helps me be not as bad at those things

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Kashuno posted:

Soo I've picked Zac back up and god drat is he fun right now. he is such a total shithead in the jungle and his ganks are preposterous. I have been going W>Q>E to start, then maxing R>E>Q>W for that extra E range on ganks. His clear is still pretty fast and I never feel like I have to go back early. It's awesome.

Edit: I misread. Zac owns

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Sivir IS really good right now, she's 2nd highest winrate ADC? IIRC of Plat+ Ranked. The crit buff to her W was very nice and upped her overall damage to the enemy team by a fair amount.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

exethan played a bunch of Sivir yesterday with me on Support. From what I can tell both objectively (performance data - she is #2 winrate for ADC this patch behind only Graves and rose enormously this patch) and subjectively (eye test), she is very very good now. Ricochet crits are insane.

^^ beaten by one exact post

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sperglord Firecock posted:

god i love loving landing the perfect E and travelling really far and two of them follow me and i just land the Q and both of them are stunned and it's just an NNNNGH moment

unfortunately i can't carry a game when my ADC is trash, but when they complain to me about accidentally stealing kills when they retreat and i don't, well, that's kinda on them, they should've kept going and trusted in my wisdom as glorious leader of the lane support

bard..... is good

bard is one of the strongest candidates for a carry support actually, i have gotten 1v3 kills on the enemy adc as bard before on numerous occasions, dude kicks rear end

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Blitz mid is good*

*when you have bond w/ someone to keep him alive, biz, and place ad here

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Also playing against trash

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

pog boyfriend posted:

bard is one of the strongest candidates for a carry support actually, i have gotten 1v3 kills on the enemy adc as bard before on numerous occasions, dude kicks rear end

One of the problems I have with Bard is that my meeps are very bloodthirsty and steal a lot of kills even if I intend to pass them over.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I love playing Bard but I just can't without someone I'm literally on voice with because when I go up and am like "hey jungler, I'm bard, want a free trip to ganktown?" and they decide to go all the way around to the warded river instead I want to start to cry.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I'm pretty sure Kayle top is my favorite freelo champ in Bronze right now. It is super easy to bait opponents into all-ins and then pop your ulti in laning phase. And once everyone switches to ARAM mode your entire kit is a wonderful selection of murder the enemy and save retarded teammates.

You can slow enemies from range, heal teammates and give them movespeed, make yourself or teammates invulnerable, and with Guinsoo's and E you can burst down most champs from a safe distance (assuming you're fed from the laning phase).

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

Sperglord Firecock posted:

bard..... is good

Libertine posted:

One of the problems I have with Bard is that my meeps are very bloodthirsty and steal a lot of kills even if I intend to pass them over.

It's not kill stealing, it's securing your own budget :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Sexpansion posted:

Why don't you try out THE FABLED JUNGLE LEONA

Don't troll me like this.

I have never Jungled but if I can do the Jungle Leona I will take her into the forest and never stop.

• Locked thread