Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

If you mean the saga of the guy whose wife was chronically sick and weak despite his attempts to heal her with a regimen of rotting meat and living in a tent in the woods, yes, that was a goon.

Alright obviously I was thinking of the wrong thing, and don't think I want to know more.

I did find what I was thinking about though, which has nothing to do with paleo. Yes on the rotting and mold though.

icehewk posted:

Been aging this according to Ruhlman. It had some maggots on it near the bone but I cut all of that out as you can see. Is it all right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Look dude he cut out the maggots, obviously it's fine to eat

e: In all fairness, the people in the thread immediately told him it was unsafe and he had to toss the entire thing.

e2: Man though no matter how many times I look at it that really looks like a human leg

AnonSpore has a new favorite as of 21:06 on Mar 7, 2016

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

What does it taste like? I can't even begin to imagine the taste and consistency from those photos.

Texture of the couple different flavors I had was a new definition of the word dense. Like, imagine a regular donut minus all the air inside.

They tasted like a vitamin store smells. All of them, regardless of whatever flavor they were supposed to be.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Those doughnuts look so sad.

Veganism is a 'great' way to disguise an eating disorder!! Makes it seem less weird when you refuse food. :smith:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Samizdata posted:

EVERYTHING has skeletons! :spooky:

Even me? :ohdear:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Especially you! :hb:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

The Snoo posted:

Veganism is a 'great' way to disguise an eating disorder!! Makes it seem less weird when you refuse food. :smith:
Orthorexia. :smith:

Here, have a peanut-butter-bacon-pickle burger. Nothing ortho- about it!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Insane bio writing aside, that is not what a human being of nineteen years is meant to look like Jesus H loving Christ.

Samizdata posted:

EVERYTHING has skeletons! :spooky:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AnonSpore posted:

e2: Man though no matter how many times I look at it that really looks like a human leg

Mmmmm longpig

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Real talk: I eat a few vegan meals every now and then because they're actually made well and don't pretend to be anything else. Except for grilled portabello caps as a burger substitute because it's loving amazing.

That being said, the following classic is not one of those meals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNgA06xE_Ng

Also, does anyone have that video of the lady from Boston who made gluten free bread or something, admits it tastes like poo poo, then keeps eating anyway? I love her.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Picnic Princess posted:

Real talk: I eat a few vegan meals every now and then because they're actually made well and don't pretend to be anything else. Except for grilled portabello caps as a burger substitute because it's loving amazing.

Also, does anyone have that video of the lady from Boston who made gluten free bread or something, admits it tastes like poo poo, then keeps eating anyway? I love her.

Jesus, it's like a panda going through bamboo all day.

I like her matching shirt and tattoos, though. Kinda neat.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

The lettuce thing makes me think of how grazing animals have to just eat pretty much all day because there's so little food content in grass (lettuce).

I wonder if humans can regurgitate their 9lbs of lettuce to rechew as cud throughout the day.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOH37W0jPpA&t=188s

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

mostlygray posted:

Del Taco is hilarious. I used to work with them when I was doing tech support for a QSR POS provider. They would only have one terminal for taking sales and doing reporting. No back of house systems; they were always all-in-ones. Their menus never made any sense.

I always liked the "Extra meat" button which was huge on the screen. They never had a requirement for what kind of meat it was. To be fair, who doesn't like more meat.
Also their menus change between different locations. The one in Rialto is different from the one in Barstow is different from one along CA99. But I still miss them, I haven't been to the Best Coast in years.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We should start an Apocalypse Cooking Show and feature poo poo like this. Foods with shelf lifes of 10+ years and the awesome recipes to cook with them. Can someone think of a way to make a flourless carrot cake out of 10 year old carrots and raisins?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You can purchase 10 buckets of this pig slop for mere $3,000

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Hirayuki posted:

:australia:

Also New Zealand, but they don't have a smiley anymore.

American burgers are crap because they don't use beets, eggs or pineapple. They're missing the gently caress out.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We use pineapple and eggs.

Bear witness and wish you were here!

http://www.kumascorner.com/menu#Burgers

And then watch a Canadian eat one in his car and spill all over himself like a....well, like a Canadian would:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUmn9QNaLvg

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

chaos rhames posted:

American burgers are crap because they don't use beets, eggs or pineapple. They're missing the gently caress out.

We use both eggs and pineapple, but we don't use beets because we're not monsters.

Pictured below: unmeats

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Scathach posted:

We use both eggs and pineapple, but we don't use beets because we're not monsters.

Pictured below: unmeats

This actually doesn't look too bad, but I'm sure its just BBQ covered wheat glutton. Also, I want to punch that guy's face until there is nothing left and I don't know why.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

And then watch a Canadian eat one in his car and spill all over himself like a....well, like a Canadian would:

No Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsed burger? Shameful.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

This actually doesn't look too bad, but I'm sure its just BBQ covered wheat glutton. Also, I want to punch that guy's face until there is nothing left and I don't know why.

It's the mustache.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Manuel Calavera posted:

No Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsed burger? Shameful.

He may have helped one of these bands at some point:

http://www.kumascorner.com/gallery/botm

But yeah, there was no Ocean Machine or Physicist BOTM that I know of.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Solice Kirsk posted:

I wish Kuma's Corner had lived up to its hype when I went there :sigh: Maybe I caught them on an off day.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Beets on burgers sounds like the single greatest thing I've ever heard of.

Tiny content:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is the beetroot pickled or not, this is v. important

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

cash crab posted:

I would, just because I have tasted that particular type of non-cheese and it's very good, although it doesn't taste much like cheese. It just tastes like some kind of indistinct, general umami... thing.

Yeah, cashew "cheese" tastes ok, it's just not much like cheese. Better than any other cheese substitute I've tasted though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I was curious and bought a thing of kale "chips" with vegan "cheese". It was vile. I couldn't eat more than a couple. Ugh.

I get chided sometimes because I like a garden burger over a regular one sometimes but I still have it with an egg or bacon.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

This ladies meal is crazy, but she's 100% self aware about it and seems really cool. I can't really fault her and it doesn't look like it's unhealthy or anything from the look of her

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Inzombiac posted:

I get chided sometimes because I like a garden burger over a regular one sometimes but I still have it with an egg or bacon.

That must give your waiter/waitress a good chuckle when they're out of earshot

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Sakurazuka posted:

Is the beetroot pickled or not, this is v. important

Yes, pickled.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

sirbeefalot posted:

If you ever feel like it can't get any worse, just take a bite of a vegan/gluten free donut. That is the bottom of the barrel. I've never tasted anything else that made me feel as defeated.

Actually looks like plaster.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

Orthorexia. :smith:

Here, have a peanut-butter-bacon-pickle burger. Nothing ortho- about it!

Would. (As if you thought I wouldn't at this point.)

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

cash crab posted:

Beets on burgers sounds like the single greatest thing I've ever heard of.

Come to New Zealand, we've got McDonald's selling them every so often. Beetroot and egg and burg.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

sirbeefalot posted:

If you ever feel like it can't get any worse, just take a bite of a vegan/gluten free donut. That is the bottom of the barrel. I've never tasted anything else that made me feel as defeated.

Nice meringues

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Have beets on burgers. Seriously. I did in some small town in Queensland and I was sad when I was done eating. It was so good.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Picnic Princess posted:

Have beets on burgers. Seriously. I did in some small town in Queensland and I was sad when I was done eating. It was so good.

It's a weird thing we do up here.

And by we I mean other Queenslanders cause I hate beetroot.

I'm barely a Queenslander by most standards. My one redeeming feature is that I drink XXXX and don't hate it.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

This ladies meal is crazy, but she's 100% self aware about it and seems really cool. I can't really fault her and it doesn't look like it's unhealthy or anything from the look of her

That's the exact same feeling I get. Yeah, she spends hours eating food, but she isn't forcing it on anyone and knows she's eccentric, even amongst other vegans. Just a person living their herbivore life

Anyway, some "not so bad but still off" vegetarian/vegan pizzas

The top one is Tempeh sausage crumbles. Not too bad looking, but it's lacking the sweet, goeey cheese
The bottom is a more traditional veggie(supreme) pizza, with the yellow being a cheese sauce. But why does the bread always look so dry and disgusting*!?

*I know why, but I don't understand why they don't just use any of the other vegan bread recipes that I'm sure are available

e:
Top:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vegan-Vengeance-Delicious-Animal-free-Recipes/dp/1904943667/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Bottom:http://madewholeco.com/portfolio/vegan-2-cheese-supreme-pizza-and-beetroot-pizza-ft-the-green-bowl/

quote:

Buckwheat pizza base ingredients:
1 cup buckwheat flour (you can buy buckwheat flour or make your own by blending whole buckwheat in the Nutribullet until it forms a flour)
¾ cup water
Optional: garlic salt, dried herbs, 1 tsp nutritional yeast

To make buckwheat pizza base:
1)Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2)Place ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until there are no lumps
3)Pour the buckwheat mixture onto the center of a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Use the back of a spoon to spread the mixture into a circle. You can control the thickness and shape of your pizza base at this point. You can make it thick by spreading it less or thin by spreading it more. 4)Make it a traditional round base or form it into a square or even heart shape using the spoon.
5)Place in oven for 15-20 minutes to bake until a few crack start to form on the surface and it’s not too soft.
IMPORTANT: Remove from oven and peel the baking paper away from you pizza base BEFORE you add your pizza toppings. You might find this easiest if you place it face down on a plate so the baking paper is on top and slowly peel the paper away.

Extremely cheesy sauce
1 ½ tbsp. nutritional yeast
4 ½ tbsp. coconut milk
½ cup cashews
1/2 tsp wholegrain mustard
Optional: salt or garlic salt

Place all ingredients in a small Nutribullet cup (or stick blender or another small blender unit) and blend until combined and smooth. You may have to stop and stir a few times to make sure everything is combining evenly.

Pinenut “parmesan cheese”
1/8 cup pinenuts
Salt or garlic salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in a small Nutribullet cup and pulse for 1 second. Unscrew the lid and stir and then pulse for another 1 second. You do NOT want to blend too much otherwise it will combine too much. You want it to stay beautiful and crumbly like parmesan cheese.

Postal Parcel has a new favorite as of 07:53 on Mar 8, 2016

invisible jerk
Jul 29, 2013
enough vegan horror it is time for meat horror

touch the meats

the poetic "pigs-in-blankets-ie-pork-chipolata-sausage-wrapped-in-bacon-traditional-British-Christmas-accompaniment-to-roast-meat-seen-after-cooking-also-two-unwrapped-sausages-closeup-1-DHD"

concept art for Motel Hell

graymeats with yellow daub

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That last picture gave me motion sickness.