Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

SomethingJones posted:

Q: So the Endeavour has bio domes. What will be the point of farming? And will there be bacon farming?

A: Well the point of farming will be... ah, you know, the BIO DOMES will allow you to grow, ah, agriculture, you know, crops, ah, and you'll be able to... SELL those, probably for a premium so the idea will be, the Bio Domes in the Endeavour are sort of growing things that you couldn't normally necessarily grow on a planet, and you can maybe sell for a premium, whatever it would be, ah, I'm sure lotsa people will go "SPACE WEED!" but um, you know there'll be plenty of other things too, ahaha, um, so... you know it's, it's ah, it's a sort of farming mechanic, so you'd have that in, ah, you know you'd have that in space, you'd maintain it like perhaps you know, you have to take the... your ship would have to be a certain distance from the local system STAR or, you know you'd have to tend, fend for it make sure it's... ah, you know GROWN in, you know, like, perhaps the lower gravity setup makes you able to grow a better strain of... whatever it will be, WHEAT etc ah, so there you go

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

If someone has the sanity to produce it, an edited 10FTC containing just the 'umms', 'ahhs', 'sort of' and 'you knows' would be hilarious...

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

fuctifino posted:

If someone has the sanity to produce it, an edited 10FTC containing just the 'umms', 'ahhs', 'sort of' and 'you knows' would be hilarious...

So pretty much a half hour of it? New torture for the stimpire found. Listen to crhis umm and ahh for 10 hours, and triple it every second.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

A Spider Covets posted:

my husband is cooking dinner tonight and our cat Bear was following him around the kitchen, crying. so he got the idea to pull up a chair for the cat and let him watch as he cooked

bear is very pleased

This is the best cat I have ever seen.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Daztek posted:

You need to find a decent program, most are terrible or expensive, I don't feel like resorting to :filez:, so I'm using OpenShot in an Ubuntu VM :downs:

DaVinci Resolve is pro level stuff for colour correction but also has a really strong non linear editing component, should easily be enough for Paarrp around. There's a free version of the latest rev. https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/ca/products/davinciresolve

Also the 3D app Blander - also free - has a video editing module but I've never used it, I'd go with Resolve if I was looking for a good free tool.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Star Citizen: Antivirus thinks it is a virus.

Enot
Feb 18, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

Q: So the Endeavour has bio domes. What will be the point of farming? And will there be bacon farming?

A: Well the point of farming will be... ah, you know, the BIO DOMES will allow you to grow, ah, agriculture, you know, crops, ah, and you'll be able to... SELL those, probably for a premium so the idea will be, the Bio Domes in the Endeavour are sort of growing things that you couldn't normally necessarily grow on a planet, and you can maybe sell for a premium, whatever it would be, ah, I'm sure lotsa people will go "SPACE WEED!" but um, you know there'll be plenty of other things too, ahaha, um, so... you know it's, it's ah, it's a sort of farming mechanic, so you'd have that in, ah, you know you'd have that in space, you'd maintain it like perhaps you know, you have to take the... your ship would have to be a certain distance from the local system STAR or, you know you'd have to tend, fend for it make sure it's... ah, you know GROWN in, you know, like, perhaps the lower gravity setup makes you able to grow a better strain of... whatever it will be, WHEAT etc ah, so there you go

This thread is becoming the new INN where they transcribe every Chairman's word. Also, How can anybody watch these 10FTC unless they are smoking that sweet space weed?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SomethingJones posted:

Q: Within the context of fantasy space flight ... Should there be an advantage to getting on your target's 'six' and staying there, or is that pretty much negated by 6DOF flight?

A: I will say that in all circumstances even with, you know, six degrees of freedom and the ability to, ah, you know, do lateral and horizontal and... ah... you know... vertical, sort of em, strafing, ah, as well as sort of, ah, you know, change your orientation and maybe not your velocity vector, ah, which is sort of the decoupled stuff, um, always getting on, ah, you know, getting BEHIND someone, or in their BLIND SIDE is a bit of an advantage, now the difference, in, ah, our system and flight model if you're a good pilot, is you'll be able to get out of that situation, you'll have more OPTIONS than you do in regular atmospheric, ah, you know air combat manoeuvring, but, em, you know, obviously you wanna get BEHIND someone because, you know, ah they can't bring their gun... you know, most guns are forward facing also visibility's usually forward facing so you know OUTSIDE OF the bigger ships with turrets then you know, ah, getting behind, ah, people or someone in a dogfight is usually, ah, it will give you an edge and advantage even if they can recover from it... ah, quicker than they can in, ah, you know, traditional, you know, ah, CURRENT DAY, atmospheric, ah, air combat.

Poor Watson has no idea what to make of him.

Chris Roberts is a fraud who has no confidence in his own words, let alone his own game.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Enot posted:

This thread is becoming the new INN where they transcribe every Chairman's word. Also, How can anybody watch these 10FTC unless they are smoking that sweet space weed?

Honestly it's the funniest thing I've seen in ages, and I'm doing it completely for my own amusement.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I refuse to believe that's something he actually said. I also refuse to watch to confirm for myself.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

XK posted:

I refuse to believe that's something he actually said. I also refuse to watch to confirm for myself.

I want to make a version of the entire video with closed captions, karaoke style.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

orcinus posted:

code:
 Local Physics Grids to hopefully include transfer of momentum in ammo, i.e. ballistic shot piercing right through a ship.
This sentence is so wrong it's giving me headaches.
It has *nothing* to do with momentum. There is no "transfer of momentum".

The issue, currently, is their half-arsed "local grids" (which are an obfuscated way to call physics engine instances - instances) don't preserve ANY of the physical properties across boundaries. That includes mass and velocity. Mass and velocity are momentum, true, but mass is irrelevant here - the issue is, apart from player characters and ships, velocity isn't preserved when crossing the boundary, so bullets quietly disappear when they hit an "edge" of an instance.

So it's not so much about "transfer of momentum" as GETTING THEIR DAMNED poo poo to preserve objects/actors and their attributes correctly between instances.

Speaking of which, i'm willing to bet my bottle of Kavalan Solist (*) that they destroy the whole character rig, bones and all, when a player leaves a "grid", then rebuild it on the other side of the second "grid". Which sometimes fails spectacularly. Which is where the ragdoll poo poo comes from.

* not really

I think this was one of the original questions many had when CR described the grids to us.

But an ex-producer explained the whole thing in an interview, which quelled most of our doubt then, has already departed and is working at Blizzard.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

SomethingJones posted:

This is the best cat I have ever seen.

thanks

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I hope he gets a question in the next 10ftc about how they're going to model drug dealing/addiction

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

SomethingJones posted:

Are. You. Serious. No big deal guys, this is just a CEO talking about HIS 11% OF A BILLION DOLLAR PRODUCT. And this is what he's got. This. Every answer is dodgy, retarded loving word salad.

I wonder if he's maybe lost his loving mind. Maybe we're watching a full-on-Brian-Wilson-Smile gently caress meltdown here. I mean, rolling in sandbox, turd-crunching meltdown of nuclear alarm status.

:gary: :gary: WORD SALAD, UM, IT'S SORT OF LIKE, WORD SALAD :yarg: :yarg:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Why did you guys give this clown $109 million?

I say *you* because I was never dumb enough to buy in.

Well except once.

But I already got a refund.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

These transcripts are what some Lovecraftian elder text would read like. I've already been driven mad trying to follow them.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

SomethingJones posted:

Honestly it's the funniest thing I've seen in ages, and I'm doing it completely for my own amusement.

Don't stop, your transcripts are perfect. Reading that I can literally hear his voice. So good.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i remember reading some article about how back in the day, talking about wing commander, chris roberts was this charismatic young pc man, maybe not the most organised or credible figure, but he had a sparkle in his eye and a way of describing his dreams that really won you over and made you want him to succeed, a plucky underdog with an easy charm and grand vision to usher in the next stage of storytelling.

what the gently caress happened to that guy? cocaine is a hell of a drug

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

God I was dumb, like, two years ago.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

EightAce posted:

EightAce posted:

For all those saying I'm full of poo poo I hope you just saw that with your own eyes.
- SQ42 is not coming out in 2016 and there is nothing showable.
- it is now doubtful that SQ42 will see 2017 although internally q4 2017 is optimistically if not tentatively spoken of.
- SQ42 is ALL interactive fmv with the odd dog fight/basic flight mission.
- everything is all about SQ42: end
They have plenty of cash.

Not from what I'm hearing. That's a false flag op designed for employees/contractors like you to take the bait and spread that info.

They have to keep raising money as a result. And since they know that Star Citizen, as pitched, is never going to see the light of day, SQ42 is apparently more manageable since there are only so many ways you can screw-up an arcade shooter. Though Chris apparently is doing just that (screwing it up).

Aside from that, anyone who thinks that they're going to sit around until the bank account is empty, knowing they're never going to deliver a finished Star Citizen, really doesn't understand how these things work.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

SomethingJones posted:

I want to make a version of the entire video with closed captions, karaoke style.

I want to record one of those guitar tracks over it where the notes perfectly mimic the tone and timing of the words.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

D1E posted:

God I was dumb, like two years ago.

buy back in for a couple of thou bro i hear from sarsparilla that the new patch is really great

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

alf_pogs posted:

buy back in for a couple of thou bro i hear from sarsparilla that the new patch is really great

Not *that* dumb.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Galarox posted:

probable double post, anyways, Dereck wants to be in at.... the Autopsy! (By Rembrandt)

:five:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I like it when Derek posts.

It helps me remember what happened in the thread this morning.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Feed this cat snacks. It looks like it needs a Snickers.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:bravo: :vince:

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Posting from the center of the SmartZone mega-recap-series.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
all I hear whenever a new 10FTC is out is "WE HAVE NO MECHANICS FOR THIS GAME DESIGNED OR IMPLEMENTED"

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Lime Tonics posted:

I wonder if they mo-capped birds.

Should they mo-cap birds?

Can't really mo-cap procedural content. Because...procedural.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Hello fellow Citizens!

I just thought this would be a good time to make you aware of my services: I am a very accomplished internet spaceman and hardware genius (go to my deviantart for some custom all-AMD PC builds) and am willing, for a not-so-small premium, to combine these two products for you:

This wacky joystick thingy:

And this Splorch, for maximum immersion in all dimensions (and orifices)

This will allow you to get comfortably seated, rest your hands behind your neck, and control your spacey boat through gentle rocking motions - all the while living out your not-at-all shameful fetisch of being infested by alien eggs.

Contact me for pricing details;

o7

You need beta testers, right?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I Greyhound posted:

Posting from the center of the SmartZone mega-recap-series.

inb4 derek posts 5 times in a row...

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Thoatse posted:

-BREAKING NEWS- Big SQ42 reveal:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/49e14g/sandi_foundry_42_show_and_tell_fbme6omnqgsej/

Take that you negative nancys, if you're not convinced now you just don't understand game development.

The enthusiasm in that room is so immersive. The hype is real.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Q: You've talked about consulting linguists for alien languages, are you talking to exobiologists, exoplanetologists and exo-climatologists for direction and help in designing the ecosystems and climates of alien planets?

A: That's a good question, ehhh... I... we do... we have done a certain amount of, ah, working with a local school, here, in LA actually, ah so at UCLA we've been dealing with some sort of astrophysicists and, and their ILK in ah terms of ah, laying out our star systems and what kind of planets will be what distance from the stars and... that sort of direc... you know, that sort of dictates um, the type of, ah, planet and you know to a certain extent what we do is we say "well we want this kind of planet", and then we talk to, um, you know the folks that really know and say "so what situation could we potentially get this planet in" and "WELL maybe it needs to be this distance, this many AU from the STAR and DA-DA-DA" and, and so that's sort of how we on a macro side been doing the star system map, and some of that will filter in to the PROCEDURAL TECH ah but it's still early days on um (looks at question) the... you know, kinda figuring out the ecosystem of the planets and the weather patterns and all the rest of the stuff, so I mean I would guess that we would tend to go a little bit more towards a DESIGNED approach where like, you know it's like, take a view, take a look at HOTH it's a, you know it's an ICE PLANET, and it's COOL, but it, you know, IS THE WHOLE PLANET COVERED IN SNOW?

Or is it, you know, I mean it certainly looks like it when you watch the movie... ah... would that be realistic, would there ever be life on a planet like that? Maybe, maybe not I don't know but, you know, it's... you sort of very much define the planets like you know, you have, using my Star Wars reference here but you know, HOTH is the ICE PLANET and you know, TATTOONYEN... TATTOO... TATTOO-EE-IN is like the DESERT PLANET you know and so, and you got... ah you go to the eh DAH-GO-BAH system and that's all like this swampy jungle thing, and you know very much in Star Wars they sort of focus the planets to sort of feel like...

it's a TYPE it's a JUNGLE or it's a.... ICE PLANET or it's a DESERT PLANET um, so, eh we'll probably do a little bit of that

SomethingJones fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 8, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

"objectively strategize state of the art communities"

I think we're on to something here...

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

results of tonight's cooking:

sirloin in au poivre pan sauce, with kale and fried fingerling potatoes

so good

cat had 0 of it

update in 2 weeks

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SomethingJones posted:

Q: You've talked about consulting linguists for alien languages, are you talking to exobiologists, exoplanetologists and exo-climatologists for direction and help in designing the ecosystems and climates of alien planets?

A: That's a good question, ehhh... I... we do... we have done a certain amount of, ah, working with a local school, here, in LA actually, ah so at UCLA we've been dealing with some sort of astrophysicists and, and their ILK in ah terms of ah, laying out our star systems and what kind of planets will be what distance from the stars and... that sort of direc... you know, that sort of dictates um, the type of, ah, planet and you know to a certain extent what we do is we say "well we want this kind of planet", and then we talk to, um, you know the folks that really know and say "so what situation could we potentially get this planet in" and "WELL maybe it needs to be this distance, this many AU from the STAR and DA-DA-DA" and, and so that's sort of how we on a macro side been doing the star system map, and some of that will filter in to the PROCEDURAL TECH ah but it's still early days on um (looks at question) the... you know, kinda figuring out the ecosystem of the planets and the weather patterns and all the rest of the stuff, so I mean I would guess that we would tend to go a little bit more towards a DESIGNED approach where like, you know it's like, take a view, take a look at HOTH it's a, you know it's an ICE PLANET, and it's COOL, but it, you know, IS THE WHOLE PLANET COVERED IN SNOW?

Or is it, you know, I mean it certainly looks like it when you watch the movie... ah... would that be realistic, would there ever be life on a planet like that? Maybe, maybe not I don't know but, you know, it's... you sort of very much define the planets like you know, you have, using my Star Wars reference here but you know, HOTH is the ICE PLANET and you know, TATTOONYEN... TATTOO... TATTOO-EE-IN is like the DESERT PLANET you know and so, and you got... ah you go to the eh DAH-GO-BAH system and that's all like this swampy jungle thing, and you know very much in Star Wars they sort of focus the planets to sort of feel like...

it's a TYPE it's a JUNGLE or it's a.... ICE PLANET or it's a DESERT PLANET um, so, eh we'll probably do a little bit of that

i used to think the transcripts were the only good thing INN ever did and now i'm realising that once again, somethingawful is doing something better than them

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

no_recall posted:

The enthusiasm in that room is so immersive. The hype is real.

"gently caress what did they drag us in here again for... I just about finished my LinkedIn profile update"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I feel like I am having a stroke reading these transcripts. :psyduck:

• Locked thread