Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Birdstrike posted:

props to you Aafter if you're town

the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.

Birdstrike posted:

props to you Aafter if you're town

Thanks!

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.
Also wtf

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Khris Kruel posted:

the gently caress

Birdstrike posted:

the real way to break this setup is for town to lie for no reason :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok.

So Miller counterclaim between Birdstrike and Aafter. That's exciting.

Still waiting for Chaos and Tomm to claim.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I think birdstrike is lying and was just breadcrumbing as the godfather.

But I still don't think we should lynch either of you and should lynch a backup. Let the sk and scum kill them

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
tomm you should claim miller

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
i am actually the miller ##vote BS

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Khris Kruel posted:

I think birdstrike is lying and was just breadcrumbing as the godfather.

But I still don't we should lynch either of you and should lynch a backup. Let the sk and scum kill them

Actually, I hadn't really considered it previously, but this is the best power for scum or SK to pretend to be. We are going to have to resolve it eventually since neither may want to waste their time with the miller.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Aafter posted:

And the wiki says I should claim my role on day 1. I'm a miller.

Oh brother.

You have been visited by the duncecap skelton of kashuno.
Poison will come to you in the night
unless your next post is "Thaks Mr. Kashuno"

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

kashuno is definitely a popular vote these days though

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Khris Kruel posted:

kashuno is definitely a popular vote these days though

story of my life.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Actually, I hadn't really considered it previously, but this is the best power for scum or SK to pretend to be. We are going to have to resolve it eventually since neither may want to waste their time with the miller.

that's fine, and also remember that no one inherits the miller role, but the sk has to deal with the godfather if he ever wants to win and that's 4 nk's that will be used eventually

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Kashuno posted:

i am actually the miller ##vote BS

Yeah, I get that this is a joke but it's in poor taste to muddy the waters.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

or two.

But if we lynch the godfather that just saved the sk from two night kills he doesn't have to waste

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
activate omgus power ##vote kash

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
yeah I'm actually a backup nice omgus bs guess you're not so sure of your counter claim eh?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
A Thunderdome between claimed BP Millers is pretty ideal for D1.

It is the only Power that doesn't get inherited anyway. If we lynch the non-Town, then we have a Confirmed Town who is a pain in the rear end to get rid of for the Scum or the SK.

I'll put my money on the breadcrumbs.
##Vote Aafter

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Lumpen posted:

A Thunderdome between claimed BP Millers is pretty ideal for D1.

It is the only Power that doesn't get inherited anyway. If we lynch the non-Town, then we have a Confirmed Town who is a pain in the rear end to get rid of for the Scum or the SK.

I'll put my money on the breadcrumbs.
##Vote Aafter

explain to me why risking a mislynch is better than hunting the rest of the scum in the backups

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, I'm actually thinking I'd rather not touch either of them today.

I'd rather hunt for scum among the unclaimed/backups.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
50% chance vs 17% chance. Yep sure does make a lot of sense to go with the lower odds. KB stop trying to protect your scum bro.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Kashuno posted:

50% chance vs 17% chance. Yep sure does make a lot of sense to go with the lower odds. KB stop trying to protect your scum bro.

the gently caress you get 17% from

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

How is it going to be a 17% chance? Second while I math, this doesn't make sense.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
we have 6 claimed backups iirc? 1/6?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

pretending the others claim backups, that's 4 scum out of 10 players, so 40%

but what's important is that the two claimed miller's almost certainly have 4 night lives (if godfather and bulletproof) or 3 (if another scum and bulletproof). The SK HAS to chew through that to win.

That's a safe buffer to let them live and concentrate on finding the sk. When the SK is dead, then we can revisit this, but I don't think it's a good idea to kill one of them until the sk does or is dead

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
unless one of the two claims is SK?:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

we have 6 claimed backups iirc? 1/6?

If we assume 1 bad guy among birdstrike/aafter(there better be or they are throwing the game), then that leaves 4 bad guys among the other players.

We can remove the 4 other uncountered power roles.

So that is 6 total of the 16 that are removed from contention.

4 bad guys among the remaining 10 claimed backups or unclaimed. 40%

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Ok I suppose the Millers claims can simmer.

##Vote kordansk until he gets with the program.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Kashuno posted:

that's possible, but that's not reason to lynch them

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

If we assume 1 bad guy among birdstrike/aafter(there better be or they are throwing the game), then that leaves 4 bad guys among the other players.

We can remove the 4 other uncountered power roles.

So that is 6 total of the 16 that are removed from contention.

4 bad guys among the remaining 10 claimed backups or unclaimed. 40%

You can't use uncountered by people who haven't claimed. You can only work with what we know at this moment.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

##unvote

We have 5+ power role claims, so there's no reason to think the holdouts might have power roles in them. Probably should lynch them first now

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Ok I suppose the Millers claims can simmer.

##Vote kordansk until he gets with the program.

Fine, I am a backup, can we get back to playing mafia now?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

kordansk posted:

this isn't a mafia game anymore bro

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Yeah, after thinking about it more, the fake has to be scum. If it's SK the scum can just take them out right away and not worry about them anymore. So this claim only makes sense as scum really. But if SK did fake claim miller here, that is another reason to not vote them out. Make scum deal with it.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Khris Kruel posted:

pretending the others claim backups, that's 4 scum out of 10 players, so 40%

but what's important is that the two claimed miller's almost certainly have 4 night lives (if godfather and bulletproof) or 3 (if another scum and bulletproof). The SK HAS to chew through that to win.

That's a safe buffer to let them live and concentrate on finding the sk. When the SK is dead, then we can revisit this, but I don't think it's a good idea to kill one of them until the sk does or is dead
NEWSFLASH, KK: The Bulletproof Godfather is PERMANENTLY BP. The Godfather must be lynched in order for the SK to win. Does that change your calculus?

the OP posted:

Scum BP Godfather Central Officer Bradford "

Even after the failure of the first XCOM, you never gave up hope. Now, your every day is another chance to find the Commander and take back the planet from the alien scum. You and your team have been presented with a juicy target deep in the heart of an Advent city, and you'll be damned if you're going to let this opportunity slip. These rookies may not have the same experience and training as you do, but your own ability as a ground commander should prove more than enough.

You are Central Officer Bradford. You cannot be killed at night, and will investigate as LOYAL. If you choose to make the scum kill yourself, you will lose both of these powers for the night.

You win when XCOM has complete control over the area of operations, and controls the vote."

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

You can't use uncountered by people who haven't claimed. You can only work with what we know at this moment.

I'm pretty sure I can. I just did. :sun:

Only two left to claim now. Chaos and Tomm.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Lumpen posted:

NEWSFLASH, KK: The Bulletproof Godfather is PERMANENTLY BP. The Godfather must be lynched in order for the SK to win. Does that change your calculus?

wow holy poo poo. Sucks for him

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

what does the godfather investigate as?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

kordansk posted:

That's better.

##Vote chaoslord

chaoslord is a major lurker. Prove me wrong.
Fun fact: Tommunist was Scum in BOTH previous Nailbiter games. Could he be batting 1000?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

YO SK. I CAN ROLEBLOCK PEOPLE. I'll JAIL THE GODFATHER AND YOU KILL EM AIGHT?

• Locked thread