Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Mottie posted:

It's not kill stealing, it's securing your own budget :getin:

i mean come on, if someone is almost dead and i can auto and ignite them, i will do so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If you're below gold your jungler should just be Amumu and if you pick someone else you should get sent to prison

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

If you're below gold your jungler should just be Amumu and if you pick someone else you should get sent to prison

This man speaks truth. No one in bronze/silver knows how to deal with the mummy, and I've never seen him nerfed into being bad.

What do you do if the other jungler already picked Amumu though (never happens)? do you just dodge queue while you still can?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

You can probably play one of Malphite or Rammus jungle if Amumu is somehow unavailable. I bet you could do really well only playing those three junglers sub gold.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

rabidsquid posted:

Pls don't arrest me officer squid for playing Volibears

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I have come to the conclusion that you should take PD over shiv and RFC on ADC if the enemy has a run at you champ.

Except maybe Ashe.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Hunter's Talisman drains 5 hp per second for 5 seconds from everyone damaged by you. Urgot's E is an AoE that lasts 5 seconds. Q will also apply the 5 bonus damage from Savagery. The problem of course is his gank is basically just walk up to a guy and landing E before level 6.

Hey if the level 6 rush works for Warwick it can work for the 'got. Only problem is without tear you'll go oom after 3 q's outside the jungle, but that's the way it goes

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Don't troll me like this.

I have never Jungled but if I can do the Jungle Leona I will take her into the forest and never stop.

It was a lot more viable when trailblazer's still existed. Not being to clear the jungle well really hurts if you cannot successfully gank nonstop.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Libertine posted:

exethan played a bunch of Sivir yesterday with me on Support. From what I can tell both objectively (performance data - she is #2 winrate for ADC this patch behind only Graves and rose enormously this patch) and subjectively (eye test), she is very very good now. Ricochet crits are insane.

^^ beaten by one exact post

my sunday sivir adventures: overall 13.6 kda and 8.2 cs per minute

stump collector fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 8, 2016

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Primetime posted:

Hey if the level 6 rush works for Warwick it can work for the 'got. Only problem is without tear you'll go oom after 3 q's outside the jungle, but that's the way it goes

I never take blue as Smite Zilean, so my teammate should just Deal With It.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

exethan posted:

my sunday sivir adventures: overall 13.6 kda and 8.2 cs per minute

The season 2 Taric/Sivir lane owns, props to you and Telly for bringing it back.

The w crits really are huge, and her ult already leant she was pretty much going to be useful no matter what.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

foutre posted:

The season 2 Taric/Sivir lane owns, props to you and Telly for bringing it back.

The w crits really are huge, and her ult already leant she was pretty much going to be useful no matter what.

Yeah I am start to love Sivirs ultimate again. The fact it can be used to engage, disengage or just as a steroid is useful as hell.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Ashe and sivir buffs, utility adcs are back ladies and gentlemen

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Please tell me how to gank top as a jungle because they always just run away :saddowns:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Lady Naga posted:

Please tell me how to gank top as a jungle because they always just run away :saddowns:

who are you playing as? walk behind them and start autoing them and then use the abilities

the single most important thing about ganking imo (ignoring dives) is to hold your abilities unless they arent going to respond (like flash cocoon). you can gain a lot of ground by saving charges, stuns and whatnot until they've flashed or dodged themselves into a wall

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 8, 2016

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
i am ready to play a million velkoz games tomorrow

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Verviticus posted:

who are you playing as? walk behind them and start autoing them and then use the abilities

the single most important thing about ganking imo (ignoring dives) is to hold your abilities unless they arent going to respond (like flash cocoon). you can gain a lot of ground by saving charges, stuns and whatnot until they've flashed or dodged themselves into a wall

As Amumu they just kind of trundle away after I bandage them.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Come from behind them and hit them until they start to get away from you, THEN bandage them

Don't use your gap closer until there's a gap

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Lady Naga posted:

As Amumu they just kind of trundle away after I bandage them.

In addition to the advice given already, take alternative gank paths aside from River/the respective tri bushes: sneak into the lane bush when your laner is shoving, let them push past it and gank (or just sneak in as they go to shove your laner under tower). Try not to stack slows (i.e. red + blue smite, or abilities) and whatnot and remember that you can just do a u turn and come gank again asap if you blow a flash!

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

rabidsquid posted:

You can probably play one of Malphite or Rammus jungle if Amumu is somehow unavailable. I bet you could do really well only playing those three junglers sub gold.

You can. Every time I've risen from Bronze to Silver, a good part of it has been Rammus or Amumu.

Amumu gets bonus hilarity points because the one thing everyone in Bronze knows to do is not focus the tank, because they don't do any damage. So you build Amumu with a damage build, and they can't figure out why the gently caress they're melting in fights. (They never look at your items.)

Verviticus posted:

This is wrong, ganks don't count if you don't initate with a sick Flash-Q out of nowhere.

SlyFrog fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 8, 2016

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
I feel like vi is also very strong as an anti carry. Especially when built with warrior. Probably not as good as AP 'mumu (or tank) in teamfights but if you can get a good ult up on to the back line (assuming the enemies can actually position) it usually ends well.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?
Something else I want to mention about Sivir is that her W builds up stacks of Fervor of Battle very quickly allowing you to hit like a -truck- even with 1-2 items.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Daemonlasher posted:

Something else I want to mention about Sivir is that her W builds up stacks of Fervor of Battle very quickly allowing you to hit like a -truck- even with 1-2 items.

Does it generate a stack on each bounce or is it because of the big attack speed steroid she gets from it?

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
I'd imagine the steroid, surely each bounce would be too strong.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't believe Rotating Game Mode will have Champion Mastery before TT. :negative:

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Gridlocked posted:

Does it generate a stack on each bounce or is it because of the big attack speed steroid she gets from it?

Auto reset + attack speed steroid sorry, would be incredibly broken if she built a stack per bounce. On top of her Q building 2 stacks though you can instantly go up to 4 stacks on a fight start.

Nyandaber Z
Apr 8, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

To add to all other advices you already got, you also have to take into account the matchup and skill cooldown. If your top has CC, make sure they're not on cd when you gank. If the enemy top has some kind of dash or other kind of escape, it's better if your top can make him use it before you enter the scene. This is especially important against champ with a dash only working on enemy; if you come from behind, the first thing a irelia/yasuo/whatever will do is dash on you, leaving your own top behind so you'll be alone dealing the damage.

Also check the atttitude of the enemy top when you get close, if you're spotted, he'll often give it away by his attitude. If he starts falling back when you're getting close, it'll be harder to pull the gank. But he might spot you and do nothing because his own jungler is close and ready to countergank. By going through the enemy jungle, you'll have a better chance to avoid wards and it allows you to get the vision to reduce the chance of a countergank.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Daemonlasher posted:

Auto reset + attack speed steroid sorry, would be incredibly broken if she built a stack per bounce. On top of her Q building 2 stacks though you can instantly go up to 4 stacks on a fight start.

Am I correct in saying that Kayle's E will also do this with her E, generating 2 stacks with initial cast and 1 with first auto?

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

itsjustdrew posted:

Am I correct in saying that Kayle's E will also do this with her E, generating 2 stacks with initial cast and 1 with first auto?

Yes, Kayle is a champ that builds up fervor incredibly quickly aswell. IIRC the splash from her E will also build 1 stack for other champs hit (rito why)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Don't troll me like this.

I have never Jungled but if I can do the Jungle Leona I will take her into the forest and never stop.

Her clear is horrendous but you can do it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Daemonlasher posted:

Yes, Kayle is a champ that builds up fervor incredibly quickly aswell. IIRC the splash from her E will also build 1 stack for other champs hit (rito why)

Because they have a fondness for Auto-Attack champs obviously. Also the reason why Devourer exists.

Also whats a good way to get in touch with you about these mentoring sessions you were talking about?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I think jungle sivir is goodinteresting.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

So I started playing again after a while away (years) and I am at a loss on how to move forward. I am ok in VS AI games, but I don't want to go to pvp without knowing more. I see people in videos doing the jungle mobs and grouping up to fight, but that never happens in AI games. I have watched some how to play demo videos, but I am not sure they are up to date.

Any recommendations on how to proceed now? I am not looking to be the best player in the world, I just don't want to suck so much at pvp that I ruin other peoples games. Once I get the hang of pvp I am sure I will pick up the rest, but the difference between the pvp and AI games seems massive in scope. I just want to know enough so when I jump over to pvp games I can hold my own long enough to learn to get better. Should I just say f it and start pvp games?

badjohny fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 8, 2016

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

badjohny posted:

So I started playing again after a while away (years) and I am at a loss on how to move forward. I am ok in VS AI games, but I don't want to go to pvp without knowing more. I see people in videos doing the jungle mobs and grouping up to fight, but that never happens in AI games. I have watched some how to play demo videos, but I am not sure they are up to date.

Any recommendations on how to proceed now? I am not looking to be the best player in the world, I just don't want to suck so much at pvp that I ruin other peoples games. Once I get the hang of pvp I am sure I will pick up the rest, but the difference between the pvp and AI games seems massive in scope. I just want to know enough so when I jump over to pvp games I can hold my own long enough to learn to get better. Should I just say f it and start pvp games?

Just start playing pvp. You're never going to get good enough that someone won't whine about you being a feeding noob.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

badjohny posted:

Play a bunch of normal games to practice one champion/role. People generally don't mind you screwing up in a normal game too much. Ideally, find a champion that you enjoy playing that can fit both of the two roles you want to queue for. For instance, if you want to play mid/adc, play Corki; jungle/top Nautilus or Shyvana, etc.

If you attain a decent level of mastery with one champion, start practicing another one.

e: VVVV prety much. When you start out there's so much you don't know about the game, most players will consistently make terrible decisions and it should be expected.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 8, 2016

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

At that level the AI opponent is smarter than your average player.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Sexpansion posted:

Play a bunch of normal games to practice one champion/role. People generally don't mind you screwing up in a normal game too much. Ideally, find a champion that you enjoy playing that can fit both of the two roles you want to queue for. For instance, if you want to play mid/adc, play Corki; jungle/top Nautilus or Shyvana, etc.

If you attain a decent level of mastery with one champion, start practicing another one.

e: VVVV prety much. When you start out there's so much you don't know about the game, most players will consistently make terrible decisions and it should be expected.

ok...tonight I make the jump!

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
oh man

this heimer waddled up to me as bard and was like, "AW MAN ITS BARD BURST HIM DOWN EASY"

turns out that i do more damage than heimerdonger if i dodge his rockets with MAGICAL JOURNEY and am going 4/1/12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXJQOnT0xAM

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Sperglord Firecock posted:

oh man

this heimer waddled up to me as bard and was like, "AW MAN ITS BARD BURST HIM DOWN EASY"

turns out that i do more damage than heimerdonger if i dodge his rockets with MAGICAL JOURNEY and am going 4/1/12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXJQOnT0xAM

Speaking of heimer, someone please tell me you got a recording of that goon game last night. Post it in here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

foutre posted:

The best part of that game was that I had picked Taric because the enemy team had first three picks gone AD like Jax/Yi/Poppy or something and so I knew also another ADC was coming and 4 AD vs Taric is basically an auto-win if you don't feed (I will always play Taric into an enemy draft like that no matter what). Only after the game loaded did we realize it was Support Master Yi (first time I had ever seen that and I'm assuming it was some kind of draft argument that no one dodged out of). From what I could tell about Support Master Yi, he hits his power spike around Level 1-2 and then never does anything useful after that. Would not recommend.

• Locked thread