Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is Rumi. He is a good teddy bear dog.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

That dog is sorrier about shooting someone than Dick Cheney could ever hope to be.

edi: imakepoost

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 6, 2016

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Good dogge.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

(unmute)

https://vine.co/v/iXWz6516Ipz

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Naked Bear posted:

Poor dogge. :smith:
How many basic firearm handling rules do you have to break before your loving pup can shoot you JFC.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

drat, I don't have dog (yet), but once I have one in my life, I will need this toy.

I am not affiliated to the project or the people involved in any way.
I just think it looks like tons of fun.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

mcbexx posted:

drat, I don't have dog (yet), but once I have one in my life, I will need this toy.

I am not affiliated to the project or the people involved in any way.
I just think it looks like tons of fun.

3 things:

1) The rocket scientist guy bares a striking resemblance to that dude who played Principal DeWitt on Growing Pains (or Bernard on Lost, depending on what you've seen).

2) There are some goode-asse dogges in that video.

3) Product looks good - Timothy would fetch the gently caress out of it, but Zipper would likely just run to it and never bring it back.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

ch3cooh fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 6, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Rig dog has been taken over by H2S. RIP

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Slow mo Diesel dog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNiDSZ-0JDk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHTXYP74fEM

Kid and dog getting along together quite well. They played in the back yard pretty much all day. But it's pretty apparent that he is 'my' dog. Where I go, he goes right along with me. He's an escape ninja, thou. If the door is opened, you have to be on your toes and block him from getting out. Previous owners warned us of that. So today, I rebuilt the double privacy gate at our drive way (I had taken the old one down after our other boxer passed - no need for it). Four hours and 160 bucks well spent.

Dude can clear a room with his dog farts thou. Burns the eyes and melts the paint off the walls. He's finally getting comfortable enough after 24 hrs to eat some food, which is good. When we woke up this morning, he had moved from our bed to the dog bed, laying on his back with his feet up in the air.

He's a drat good boy and we're so happy to have him. Makes the house feel like a home again.

Pretty sure I'm going to take him to work tomorrow because why not.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I wish I could post directly here instead of uploading to imgur because I am v lazy.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
http://i.imgur.com/47RJJB8.gifv

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.facebook.com/goldenretriever83/videos/1116106378411227/

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

harness the power of dogge

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Crosspost from the Cosmic Horror Authors thread.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

evil_bunnY posted:

How many basic firearm handling rules do you have to break before your loving pup can shoot you JFC.

The dogge looks so sad because he failed to kill his assailant. I'm betting she was an rear end in a top hat if she got a lab to shoot her.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

You guys should follow @dog_rates

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

harness the power of dogge

Telepathic belly rubs.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Fister Roboto posted:

Telepathic belly rubs.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You're not supposed to mess with seeing eye dogs for some reason.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

It's because they're on the job. Pretty sure when they punch out at the end of the work day they get paid with hella pets.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Jay Rust posted:

YES BUT ALL-SEEING EYE DOG SEES ALL.
EVEN PETTES.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Emotional support animal or drug dog yeah whatever.

But I'll never pet a seeing eye dog or dog in training; as much as I want to. Seems obvious, unless I was specifically told it was ok

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
What the hell is an "emotional support animal"? Isn't every dog an emotional support animal? Unless you mean a rabbit of something but, pffft.

A picture I found from last year

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Fb dog vids getting pretty good

https://www.facebook.com/DogLoversClubUSA/videos/922409294540988/

https://www.facebook.com/thedodosite/videos/814686901999320/

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Tucker hasn't figured out this whole sitting on hardwood floors thing yet.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Jehde posted:

Tucker hasn't figured out this whole sitting on hardwood floors thing yet.

Labradors have broad, stable asses, optimal for sitting on all surfaces.

They also have incredibly expressive foreheads. :3:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Labs really do have the best facial expressions. They (like all dogges) are v. good dogges.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Took the Diesel dog around the neighborhood for his first real walk. At first, he wanted to tug on the leash but settled in nicely. He met some strangers (to him) and his basic reaction was to go them and lean on them for pettes. Didn't pay too much attention to the mini weiner dog he met.

Good dogge.

So tonight, I had a bit of a eureka moment. He's so unbelieveably calm and gentle, and especially loving. He doesn't give much kisses, but the affection towards others is genuine. His basic obedience needs some work, and his leash manners, but that will come in time. Anyway, long story short, I'm going to look into some therapy dog training for him. Given his nature, I'm somewhat of the mind he would make a great therapy dog. He might be too old to start but I think we're going to give it a shot.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Pharnakes posted:

What the hell is an "emotional support animal"? Isn't every dog an emotional support animal? Unless you mean a rabbit of something but, pffft.

it gets a bad name because of people scamming to get their poorly trained poodle labeled as an emotional support animal, but the concept has been demonstrated in pretty good clinical trials over and over. Dogs can be trained to sense emotional distress (such as episodic ptsd) and intervene in specific ways. A well trained emotional support animal can be a lifesaver for patients with debilitating anxiety, depression and a variety of other psychosocial problems. It's not always a legit thing, but it isn't always a scam or a joke either.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Tide posted:

Took the Diesel dog around the neighborhood for his first real walk. At first, he wanted to tug on the leash but settled in nicely. He met some strangers (to him) and his basic reaction was to go them and lean on them for pettes. Didn't pay too much attention to the mini weiner dog he met.

Good dogge.

So tonight, I had a bit of a eureka moment. He's so unbelieveably calm and gentle, and especially loving. He doesn't give much kisses, but the affection towards others is genuine. His basic obedience needs some work, and his leash manners, but that will come in time. Anyway, long story short, I'm going to look into some therapy dog training for him. Given his nature, I'm somewhat of the mind he would make a great therapy dog. He might be too old to start but I think we're going to give it a shot.

Talk to a local nursing home about bringing him in. We would bring Alfie and Daphne to visit my grandmother and everyone loved them. The staff even asked if we could bring them back on a regular basis.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

No time for fun shouldn't his rear end be working

Reggie's had the winter off. I've left the farm I was part owner in and moved the distillery project to a different location. (Federal regulations and financial issues with the farm made it impossible to open the distillery there.) Anyway it means that Reggie won't have any animals to work until later this spring when I get some pigs for my own farmland, and the ducks and chickens come back out from their winter houses.

It's OK though, Reggie is spending the winter teaching his cousin Leopold how to be a good dogge.

Special Dog Wrestling Bonus Video

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

TheQuietWilds posted:

it gets a bad name because of people scamming to get their poorly trained poodle labeled as an emotional support animal, but the concept has been demonstrated in pretty good clinical trials over and over. Dogs can be trained to sense emotional distress (such as episodic ptsd) and intervene in specific ways. A well trained emotional support animal can be a lifesaver for patients with debilitating anxiety, depression and a variety of other psychosocial problems. It's not always a legit thing, but it isn't always a scam or a joke either.

That gives me an excuse to post a great commercial.

Dogges are the best.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

A lot of the hoopla with emotional animals just comes from people wanting to circumvent lease restrictions. People will do it after the fact of signing a lease etc and drop it on their landlord/lady. Then of course magically your lease doesn't get renewed for other reasons.

It's highly abused, sure, but definitely has its uses. Plus dogs should be allowed in more places anyways :argh: (I don't mean on leases but just in the general public)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
For some reason my wife wanted to take the dogs out in the front yard without a leash earlier. We've only have them for 2.5 months and I said it was a bad idea but happy wife etc...

These pups didn't even want to leave the front door threshold because I trained them so well with the leash :smugdog: