Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Squallege posted:

How do I get signed up for that?

https://www.facebook.com/WeHateMovies/posts/1281975171819483

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
He's got a cool costume and originated the Dread Pirate Roberts thing of a bunch of heroes pretending to be one person. I remember reading an article about why Australians like him so much - it was around a recent Phantom exhibition- but I can't remember why.
The other characters that are huge here but not in America are Astro Boy, Alex Kidd, and Doctor Who pre new series. And a Journey to the West show called Monkey Magic, which looks pretty fun. They all make way more sense to me than The Phantom.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Did they really spend 2 minutes making fun of "Do you have stairs in your house"? That was great.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Did they really spend 2 minutes making fun of "Do you have stairs in your house"? That was great.
You're hallucinating, man.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Has anyone made it all the way through 'A Letter From Death Row'? I only lasted 20 minutes before throwing the towel in.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

TheFallenEvincar posted:

You're hallucinating, man.

"I hear Paul Giamatti is great in Billions."

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Ror posted:

Ooh, that a fun choice. Predator 2 definitely has more stuff going on to joke about than the first, but it's missing a couple of wonderful voices. Hopefully Jesse Ventura swings by to comment on Danny Glover's performance (and whether or not he's being a slack-jawed so-and-so).

I have it on good authority that the Predator is probably Secundus.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What's the episode where they go into a tangent about the guy in silence of the lambs that splashes Agent Clarice with come and how there should be a prequel movie to him and its credits would be him splashing the names on the screen?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Peep Show reference spotted!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

bango skank posted:

Peep Show reference spotted!

What the gently caress are you even talking about?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TetsuoTW posted:

What the gently caress are you even talking about?

The podcast that is the subject of this thread? :confused:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Predator 2 owns, though. And "he's in town with a few days to kill" is one of the best taglines ever.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

bango skank posted:

The podcast that is the subject of this thread? :confused:

Is it really a reference when they just talk about it for a minute?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
All fear the Dad's Room!

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Surprise holodeck is an ending I want to see in movies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Detheros posted:

Surprise holodeck is an ending I want to see in movies.

That was the finale of Star Trek Enterprise

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I liked the brief cameo of the Butterfly Effect stoner directors before we met the real production staff of this thing.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm only at the point in the episode where Brett hits the sauna and the cops show up, but man I haven't been this uncomfortable during an episode since Blame It On Rio.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Nick Nolte: Spermjacker

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!
Hollywood dad room.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Nouvelle Vague posted:

Hollywood dad room.

God damnit who invited Bruce Glover!!!

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

They liked Halloween 2 (the remake) over Lords of Salem?

You can keep it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

ravenkult posted:

They liked Halloween 2 (the remake) over Lords of Salem?

You can keep it.

I can see the argument either way. They really liked LOS, from what I recall.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

That was the finale of Star Trek Enterprise

Are you serious

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Are you serious

lol ya

Don't get spoiled, go find it on youtube or whatever, it's the greatest gently caress you ending to a cast and fans I can remember really.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Are you serious

Edit: I'm not spoiler tagging this ending, it's too terrible to not make it known.

Very serious. There's a situation going on in the engine room when all of a sudden Riker wearing a tent joins in trying to fix it. He eventually ends the simulation to talk with Diana in person and Picard over the intercom about how sad it is that the main characters died off screen. He then starts the simulation back up to watch Scott Backula found the Federation.
I wasn't sure how Berman & Braga would top the terrible ending of Voyager, but they managed it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

duz posted:

Very serious. There's a situation going on in the engine room when all of a sudden Riker wearing a tent joins in trying to fix it. He eventually ends the simulation to talk with Diana in person and Picard over the intercom about how sad it is that the main characters died off screen. He then starts the simulation back up to watch Scott Backula found the Federation.
I wasn't sure how Berman & Braga would top the terrible ending of Voyager, but they managed it.

It takes place during an episode of Enterprise. You forgot the best part as the entire episode they were talking about how Scott Backula made a speech that helped to create the Federation, and they do not even show it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

It takes place during an episode of Enterprise. You forgot the best part as the entire episode they were talking about how Scott Backula made a speech that helped to create the Federation, and they do not even show it.

There were a lot of special things about that finale.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

duz posted:

Is it really a reference when they just talk about it for a minute?
Then pretend I used "mention" or "name drop" instead, seems like a strange thing to get pedantic about though.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

God damnit who invited Bruce Glover!!!

Oh man, I had to google up Glover, because I wasn't sure if he played Mr. Kidd or Mr. Wynt in Diamonds Are Forever. I came across a video of him speaking and was totally disappointed he didn't sound like that. He might look like a burned-out hippie but he sure doesn't sound like it.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Calaveron posted:

What's the episode where they go into a tangent about the guy in silence of the lambs that splashes Agent Clarice with come and how there should be a prequel movie to him and its credits would be him splashing the names on the screen?
Haha. Taking Lives, I believe.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

painynumbs posted:

Haha. Taking Lives, I believe.

I always forget everything about that episode except the turtle guy

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Will Smith would crash the party and refuse to go to the dad room.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So have any of you tried watching this?

I'm four minutes into it and the filters and music warping during the opening execution scene already gave me a headache, and now I'm watching Brett two-finger hunt-and-peck type his bookscript.

And it really is the script.

fake edit: holy poo poo I just got to the first "chapter header". It literally expands from the middle of the screen to full-size with a "zoom" noise, sticks around just barely long enough to read, then shrinks back with another "zoom". And it's not even on a black screen, it's superimposed over the actual scene.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

For everyone's viewing pleasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbbrr4oim-k

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Wow, this is a thousand times worse than what I pictured in my head while listening to the episode.

Probably because, in my head, I was picturing a movie.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I was honestly only able to make it to the start of the strip club scene before I just had to stop.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Probably because, in my head, I was picturing a movie.

That was your first mistake.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
The person who wrote the IMDb plot summary was really into it:

quote:

A psychological thriller (...or is it?) that takes you through the mind of convicted killer, Michael Raine, and his experiences on death row... or does it? Was he guilty of killing his girlfriend or was he a victim of a conspiracy to frame him for a crime he didn't commit? As the story unfolds...or does it? Jessica Foster, an assistant to the Governor of Tennessee begins to interview Raine while on death row, claiming that she's writing a book about the inmates...Or is she? Through various circumstances, Raine puts two and two together and builds a case that he believes can prove his innocence...or does he? Ms. Foster is the only one on the 'outside" who can give Raine a voice, but is she working for those who framed him? As time draws near to the date of his execution, in his most desperate hour Raine finds the missing pieces to the puzzle to prove his innocence, but is it too late...? Was this story told from Raine's point of view or from the book writers or from yours, the viewer -...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I like the summary on Wikipedia:

quote:

Convicted killer Michael Raine is on death row. He is either guilty of killing his girlfriend or a victim of a conspiracy to frame him for a crime he didn't commit. As the story unfolds Jessica Foster, an assistant to the Governor of Tennessee begins to interview Raine while on death row, claiming that she's writing a book about the inmates. Through various circumstances, Raine puts two and two together and builds a case that he believes can prove his innocence...or does he? Ms. Foster is the only one on the 'outside" who can give Raine a voice, but is she working for those who framed him? As time draws near to the date of his execution, in his most desperate hour Raine finds the missing pieces to the puzzle to prove his innocence, but is it too late...?