Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

pr0k posted:

Well that sounds capital, BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress, absolutely capital! I shall sally forth!

God bless.

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
More fancypants 'dines for lunch at work.

omega 3 status: nom
bones status: eated

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
finally got my seasons six pack.

even the king kneels before the grace and beauty of the seasons girl

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I'm doing Keto diet right now so I just ate sardines on pork rinds over the sink. I think I have reach peak dad.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bum the Sad posted:

I'm doing Keto diet right now so I just ate sardines on pork rinds over the sink. I think I have reach peak dad.

Going on a diet is not very dadly.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

withak posted:

Going on a diet is not very dadly.

I'm trying to find my dick

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bum the Sad posted:

Ok, that's Dadly

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sizone posted:

finally got my seasons six pack.

even the king kneels before the grace and beauty of the seasons girl

I think the preference between Season and KO must be genetic or something because the Seasons for me are cookin dines and the KO are the eatin dines and I can't fathom those roles being switched around.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bum the Sad posted:

Gl goon

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

pr0k posted:

More fancypants 'dines for lunch at work.

omega 3 status: nom
bones status: eated

I'm the single grape tomato

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
That's a Campari you philistine.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

pr0k posted:

That's a Campari you philistine.

That does sound like a really good lunch.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
did 2 cans of seasons with cherry tomatos and croutons over red leaf lettuce topped with paul newmans italian dressing upon getting home from work today. will probably do the same tomorrow

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Met a couple of old guys from Guyana and we started talking about recipes to make in a simple rice cooker. Imagine my delight when they brought up sardines! The oldest guy was singing their praises like no one else I have ever heard, even in this thread. Dude was loving awesome and told me all about his days as a young boy eating fresh 'dines.

Dadliness and 'dines are truly universal. :coolfish:

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

It's been a bit, because I haven't had the time, and it's so often difficult for me to motivate myself to have breakfast at my mornings- the early afternoon. But here's a scaled down variation of them fish man eggs.

That's right, eggs fresh from the cloaca.

This is my favorite chicken, Nadine. She's at least six years old now, and even as a chick, her left side was undeveloped. She's lop-sided, her left leg is smaller, her whole left side is small. her left eye never developed in the egg, she's always been blind in it. She's an old lady and I doubt she's laid in at least a year, but I don't care because she's the best.

gently caress THA POLICE

Choppin' up that fennel and garlic, little fishes.

Crackin' pepper, crackin' eggs.

Feel bad for you if your eggs aren't bright god damned orange.

Bunch of whiny babies in here that can't cook eggs.

This meal is on another level. loving delicious.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Droogie posted:

I would still contend that sticking your eggs into a broiler is a pretty clear indication that you can't cook eggs. flip the fuckers, in a frying pan, without a spatula and don't break the yolks in the process. then you can say that you can cook eggs.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I prefer my eggs over hard or hard boiled, runny yolks are kinda gross and don't taste better

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Sizone posted:

I would still contend that sticking your eggs into a broiler is a pretty clear indication that you can't cook eggs. flip the fuckers, in a frying pan, without a spatula and don't break the yolks in the process. then you can say that you can cook eggs.

:agreed:

And with an abundance of eggs, you get good real quick. But I liked this recipe because the cooking of it is very similar to a sweet potato/chorizo hash that I like. Eggs get baked on top at the last part of it, so I was on board with this recipe from the moment I read it. It can be done, people.

I actually lessened the cook times by about 45secs each because of my elevation. Worked great.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I felt like the King Oscar sardines in hot sauce were not nearly hot enough so I drowned them in some ghost pepper salsa

This poo poo is goddamn amazing but now my entire soul is on fire and I can't taste the 'dine and now I have the hiccups from the heat and it's driving me crazy and my drat kids won't let me finish fixing the lawnmower which I was taking a 'dine break from in the first goddamn place

10/10 will eat this salsa every day because it's less of a fiery hell than Dad life

/frustratedDad

naem
May 29, 2011

pahuyuth posted:

I felt like the King Oscar sardines in hot sauce were not nearly hot enough so I drowned them in some ghost pepper salsa

This poo poo is goddamn amazing but now my entire soul is on fire and I can't taste the 'dine and now I have the hiccups from the heat and it's driving me crazy and my drat kids won't let me finish fixing the lawnmower which I was taking a 'dine break from in the first goddamn place

10/10 will eat this salsa every day because it's less of a fiery hell than Dad life

/frustratedDad

Read this in the dale gribble voice thnks

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Epic High Five posted:

I prefer my eggs over hard or hard boiled, runny yolks are kinda gross and don't taste better

runny whites are gross as all hell. runny yolks are the reason you're eating an egg in the first place and not, say, tofu

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sizone posted:

runny whites are gross as all hell. runny yolks are the reason you're eating an egg in the first place and not, say, tofu

Tastes a lot better than tofu and is also very good for me still

Over hard 4 lyfe

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Sizone posted:

I put my eggs in a bowl of lukewarm water for a few mins so that the egg cooks more evenly, particularly when frying

Also cuz we're on a new page I'm gonna bump the other dad food thread again:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766728

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Droogie posted:

It's been a bit, because I haven't had the time, and it's so often difficult for me to motivate myself to have breakfast at my mornings- the early afternoon. But here's a scaled down variation of them fish man eggs.

That's right, eggs fresh from the cloaca.

This is my favorite chicken, Nadine. She's at least six years old now, and even as a chick, her left side was undeveloped. She's lop-sided, her left leg is smaller, her whole left side is small. her left eye never developed in the egg, she's always been blind in it. She's an old lady and I doubt she's laid in at least a year, but I don't care because she's the best.

gently caress THA POLICE

Choppin' up that fennel and garlic, little fishes.

Crackin' pepper, crackin' eggs.

Feel bad for you if your eggs aren't bright god damned orange.

This meal is on another level. loving delicious.

Gg nice egg nice hen got a gramma name

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

Holy gently caress

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sheep-Goats posted:

Holy gently caress

Fuckin deal with it

I can eat them either way and runny tastes fine, I just prefer them over hard

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

Fuckin deal with it

I can eat them either way and runny tastes fine, I just prefer them over hard

Holy gently caress

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Dad ideas itt

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Sizone posted:

Runny yolks are the only reason to ever have toast tbh.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Forgot my coupons again

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Obligatory Toast posted:

French Toast

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
My dad would make this thing called "Egg-and-bread-and-cheese" that was essentially a thin omelette onto which a slice of american cheese was placed and then bread to cover that. You flip it over and the bread gets all cheesy and fries a bit in the butter from the omelette.

Good use of an egg.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Epic High Five posted:

runny yolks are kinda gross and don't taste better

Objectively wrong.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
since sleeps-with-goats is on probation I'm taking over this thread.

turn your loving ovens down to 375

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I make my fisherman's eggs at 400 because I'm an indecisive middle-of-the-roader.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I didn't dine today, had a pate sandwich instead. no regrets.

here, talk about how you are incorporating furikake into your life while I ogle big titted pierced naked gothic ladies on the internet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furikake

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Sizone posted:

since sleeps-with-goats is on probation I'm taking over this thread.

turn your loving ovens down to 375

loving heresy

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
sorry, too busy jacking it to pudgy goth girls lezing out to care

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
Get a gas stove, and use the loving broiler setting like a man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Obligatory Toast posted:

post user name combo