Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
DEVIL, the destroyer of Finnish hopes at Assembly this year. Will be exciting to see if his skill level is enough to compete against teams like fnatic though.

Smol fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It's always good when a player who doesn't put in the work gets shown out of the scene. Unfortunately he likely cost NV a ton of momentum and key chances at victories that they may never see again with fnatic becoming super dominant.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nftyw posted:

Time to sell my kioshima stickers. Welcome DEVIL sig stickers.
Hellraisers are in this major, right?

Time to slap "ANGE1" and "DEVIL" stickers all over my guns.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

Hellraisers are in this major, right?

Time to slap "ANGE1" and "DEVIL" stickers all over my guns.

Nope, they got edged out by Liquid.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nftyw posted:

Nope, they got edged out by Liquid.
Dammit.

e: https://www.livecap.tv/t/olofmeister/ufXjsPe3Xjj

:laffo:

symbolic fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 8, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

exethan posted:

It's always good when a player who doesn't put in the work gets shown out of the scene. Unfortunately he likely cost NV a ton of momentum and key chances at victories that they may never see again with fnatic becoming super dominant.

I totally agree. I hate when organizations (regardless of sport) put up with players unwilling to workout/practice/put in extra time needed to succeed. gently caress that poo poo.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Careful where you throw the bomb in santorini

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

fennesz posted:

I totally agree. I hate when organizations (regardless of sport) put up with players unwilling to workout/practice/put in extra time needed to succeed. gently caress that poo poo.

read: the entire CLG lineup

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
And as expected, Kioshima stickers spiking in price.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

real dilemma posted:

read: the entire Winterfox lineup

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Steam goon group spam must be one of those CSGO humor things. Like yelling racial epithets into the microphone. I don't get it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I got something decent as a drop for once: MW MAG-7 | Counter Terrace. Considering what I usually get, it might as well be a Dragon Lore to me. :unsmith:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Vexed dissolving. Time to sell those vexed stickers too.

E: except nobody really cares about vexed so

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

The Vexed logo is actually kind of good. Unfortunately they're on the last dreamhack background which look like complete and total dogshit.

https://csgostash.com/sticker/677/Vexed-Gaming-Foil-Cluj-Napoca-2015

I really hope the majors this year just put the loving logo of the team on the sticker and none of that other bullshit.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah. Seems a bunch of people wish they would stop trying to make the tournament the focus and highlight the team logos but apparently the only major ok with that was Katowice and they got screwed thanks to MLG.

The least they could do is hire some graphic artists who understand the concept of contrast so you can actually make out the logo. Cluj Titan: distinct. Cluj Vexed: barely there.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Yep. It's kind of unbelievable to me that the people who designed (most) of the stickers in 2015 don't know poo poo I learned in a basic design course I had in high school.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Literally only buy stickers to use on the team pick'em and then sell them 6months later when the prices go up.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Goofballs posted:

Awesome

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
LAUGH MY loving BBALLS OFF

https://twitter.com/FMPONE/status/707389734977458180?s=09

Hey fmpone, how about you add the green gas clouds that the Gas Chamber used to have all across the new de_ca$h

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I hardly care as long as they don't gently caress up the frame rates like nuke did.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

sleppy posted:

I hardly care as long as they don't gently caress up the frame rates like nuke did.

WELL AREN'T YOU IN FOR A TREAT. WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK WITH MORE FMPONE! *audience applause*

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

sleppy posted:

This a million times.

e: I noticed on Santorini if you jump on the ledge near T spawn there are huge rendered areas that the player would literally never see. They're not used. Why are they being rendered?! :qq:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

fennesz posted:

This a million times.

e: I noticed on Santorini if you jump on the ledge near T spawn there are huge rendered areas that the player would literally never see. They're not used. Why are they being rendered?! :qq:

you saw them

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I knew literally I was going to regret using "literally" there.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

sleppy posted:

https://twitter.com/FMPONE/status/707391751401689088

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

You guys having FPS drops on nuke do you use a video card from the last 5 years in your PCs? CSGO is notoriously low on requirements right?

E: or is this people with laptops without a dedicated GPU having trouble?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

VelociBacon posted:

You guys having FPS drops on nuke do you use a video card from the last 5 years in your PCs? CSGO is notoriously low on requirements right?

E: or is this people with laptops without a dedicated GPU having trouble?

When the release first came out, it apparently was primarily an issue for AMD graphics cards, but I've also heard of people with great Nvidia cards having FPS drops.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Aesthetically, Cache conveys post-Soviet sadness perfectly. I like how dirty the map looks. Not everything needs to be shiny with loving doodads all over the place.

VelociBacon posted:

Yup. Nobody is playing CSGO because of how it looks! It sucks that I can play with everything on high on the old maps but I have to drop it all to low to play Newk or Santorini. Worst part is it stutters anyway. I think it's something specific to the maps.

e: I have a Nvidia card

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Mar 9, 2016

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i use a gtx460 and my framerate isnt much worse on new nuke

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Just buy a 970 or a 980 when it hits $200 next month when nvidia announces the 1070/80

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

trying to jack off posted:

i use a gtx460 and my framerate isnt much worse on new nuke

I have a 750ti and I'm fine as well. I'm sure that the framerate did decrease by some amount, but it wasn't noticeable or relevant for me because I'm not a 144hz autist.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Goofballs posted:

A TURGID FATSO posted:

LAUGH MY loving BBALLS OFF

https://twitter.com/FMPONE/status/707389734977458180?s=09

Hey fmpone, how about you add the green gas clouds that the Gas Chamber used to have all across the new de_ca$h

A truly excellent map creator.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

A truly excellent map creator.

Dude made the best map since dust2 after all

lol liquid losing to optic

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
FMPONE elaborated on Reddit that it's not gonna be a complete Newke-style rebuild that changes the layout, gameplay or theming - mostly just updating and polishing the texturing to add more normal maps and the new mapper toys added in the Nuke update.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Watch as some feature or random edit done in the name of beauty makes computers crash and video cards lag. I can't even switch weapons in my inventory without a hideously annoying hiccup, and it's not like I'm using that HD4850 from 2010 anymore either.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
lol if you're playing at anything over 640x480 black bars with everything except shaders set to low in the first place

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Playing high settings on a gtx760 and getting 144 FPS on nuke, not sure how everyone else isn't getting good FPS

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The game is badly optimized, with my 980 and 4,5ghz 2500k I drop below 200 often on the new maps, even on cache. Also lol 144 is not a "good" framerate.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Depths posted:

The game is badly optimized, with my 980 and 4,5ghz 2500k I drop below 200 often on the new maps, even on cache. Also lol 144 is not a "good" framerate.

It is for those of us playing at 144 with g-sync which that guy probably is.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Depths posted:

Uh it's absolutely fine