Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

I just looked at it now and it shows her flying off?

He just added 3 new pages. The TL doesn't have them yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

http://imgur.com/a/oGLBN

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Blast!

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He's busy and it's been a while so 3 pages is better than 0 pages.

He's also usually pretty prompt about adding to an unfinished but released chapter so he may use it as motivation to finish it up.

This is the same way the ONE releases have gone since I started following his version. He'll release a few new pages at a time over the course of a week or two until the chapter's finished, then it's back to a-waitin'

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
The one thing that actually seemed to hurt Saitama; being reminded of his alienation. Poor chrome dome.
I'm really curious as to what Tats was about to say about Blast. It seems to imply he's part of the reason why Saitama is isolated.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

I wonder why One bothered to upload that if he was going to leave off in the middle of a conversation.

thats just his way

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Popo posted:

The one thing that actually seemed to hurt Saitama; being reminded of his alienation. Poor chrome dome.

The sad part is it's all in his head at this point.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He has friends, but they are all other heroes. Whereas Tatsumaki was talking about the hero association staff, which is who she interacts with most of the time. So while her question was factually correct, she missed the point entirely.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That interaction was amazing. I am hoping so bad that she isn't even talking about Blast.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

TheKingofSprings posted:

The sad part is it's all in his head at this point.

It certainly isn't on his head. :v:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Popo posted:

I'm really curious as to what Tats was about to say about Blast. It seems to imply he's part of the reason why Saitama is isolated.

Bringing up Blast in comparison with Saitama makes me think she acknowledges his power may exceed her own. She's finally connecting the dots.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Popo posted:

To me it looked more like Blast has something to do with why Tatsumaki is a hero. Like, she was about to answer Saitama's original question ("Why are you even a hero?") and then changed her mind.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=1

It looks like Blast is revealed...

Not translated yet.

It supposedly says Blast is a hero for a hobby, but he takes it more seriously than Saitama

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 9, 2016

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Ha! All those smug goons who thought the dude running the Heroes Association meetings was Blast can suck it DOWN :cheeky:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Blast's philosophy seems a fair bit bleaker than Saitama's. :smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Not going to spoiler tag this because I don't need to.

I cannot wait for Saitama to beat this person handily.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Parrotine posted:

can suck it DOWN :cheeky:

Well to be fair the flashback is from 20 some odd years ago, so who knows what could've happened between then and now

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Wow, poo poo is going to go down.

Blast is a hero as a hobby, but unlike Saitama, he has a full time job as well. Told Tatsumaki that you can't expect someone to save you when you're in a bind.

Also, there's going to be a new hero organization springing up. They don't think much of the Hero Association, and they're recruiting all kinds, even S ranks like Genos.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wittgen posted:

Wow, poo poo is going to go down.

Blast is a hero as a hobby, but unlike Saitama, he has a full time job as well. Told Tatsumaki that you can't expect someone to save you when you're in a bind.

Also, there's going to be a new hero organization springing up. They don't think much of the Hero Association, and they're recruiting all kinds, even S ranks like Genos.

Given that Blast was active when Saitama was only like 6 or 7, you've got to wonder what the dude is like now.

Granted, we have seen old heroes like Bang and Atomic Samurai (37 is old no matter how you atomic slice it). Or a few A rankers. Or that C ranker who's a salaryman.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://bato.to/reader#6242907fb00fc847

Translated.

With Blast seeming to be a pseudo inverse-Saitama, hopefully they can go full on with each other.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

http://bato.to/reader#6242907fb00fc847

Translated.

With Blast seeming to be a pseudo inverse-Saitama, hopefully they can go full on with each other.

Wow the art has really improved tremendously since the earliest chapters.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Wow the art has really improved tremendously since the earliest chapters.

now to be fair, it could just be his assistants

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Terror Sweat posted:

Nah, his assistant is still on the Garou arc.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Terror Sweat posted:

His assistants are for Mob Psycho. One Punch Man is only for a hobby.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Guess everybody wants a bit of the civil war action. The new association looks pretty good on paper but I think it's just going to be as corrupt and legalistic as the old one.

I wonder which of the S Class heroes are going to defect?

I can't imagine Saitama getting headhunted for the new organisation so I think that prevents Genos, Bang or King switching.

Tatsumaki, Pig God and Watch Dog Man seem to be above politics but the rest, like Metal Bat or Darkshine seem like pretty good candidates.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No way is Genos not swapping over.
He doesn't trust them, the HA is basically Metal Knight's.

Engine Knight and Genos almost definitely will. Saitama won't give a gently caress so will likely stay with the HA, Blast is probably going to pull double duty and be the ultimate leader of the Slayers.

Drive Knight? The dude who is never in it.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Genos really doesn't give a poo poo about the Hero Association though and quitting would mean giving up his apprenticeship with Saitama (not that Saitama would care if he did).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Considering he doesn't need Genos to pay his rent anymore now that he hasn't got his own home, so the apprenticeship was kind of over on Saitama's end anyway.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Considering he doesn't need Genos to pay his rent anymore now that he hasn't got his own home, so the apprenticeship was kind of over on Saitama's end anyway.

Pretty sure One stated that Saitama never used the money anyways,

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

What would he need rent money for anyway? Tatsumaki destroyed his home...

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

So Saitama, much like Deadpool, never cashed the cheques!?

And maybe ONE wants to break up the gang or something to shake the story up?

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Having Genos over in the new association gives us a good POV character in their ranks, I don't think it would really affect his "apprenticeship" with Saitama because he's a cool dude + its not like anyone gets to do much fighting when Saitama is on the scene

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I really think the Genos we know would only make the switch if 1) Saitama also did, which would give the new organization a reason to try to recruit Saitama, or 2) if Genos realized how little he's actually getting out of the Saitama/Genos apprenticeship, in which case he might go over just to try and do things for himself again.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

gnome7 posted:

2) if Genos realized how little he's actually getting out of the Saitama/Genos apprenticeship,

Hasn't he already realised that though? I could've sworn pretty early on in the comic Genos had some internal monologues going on about how not even Saitama knows where his power comes from and he just stuck around in hopes of getting some clues anyway, and then later on got caught up in Saitama's heroic attitude himself.

Also they're besties and would hang out anyway, apprenticeship or not.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Don't forget that Genos' primary aim is to avenge his family and that Bofoy/Metal Knight is the prime suspect currently, further compounded by Drive Knight casting his suspicion of MK onto Genos.

His apprenticeship under Saitama was to get strong enough to beat his enemy, but weakening MK and using his technology to better himself is something that should interest Genos.

A difference in ideals, viewpoints and aims would make the Genos/Saitama dynamic more interesting too. It's kind of lovely as it is. All of the other Saitama gang have a better and more interesting dynamic than Genos and Saitama. A Genos who is more than "jobber to the stars" would be neat.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think if Genos does join the new association it'd probably go like this

Genos: Sensei, I have been invited by another hero, a man known as Drive Knight, to join a new Hero Association that is focused on becoming more efficient in eliminating evil. Now, I know you are confused, even though i've sworn to become heroic you are full aware that my duties as a Hero were never so strong as to switch sides, however I was made further aware of circumstances that paint Bofoy, aka Metal Knight as the prime suspect for the murder of my village, which included my family, and that has been my mission all these years: to avenge my family by bringing the robot who killed them to justice and finally bring peace to their memory, but it appears I cannot do that while I am still in the Hero Association, so I must join the new association. The old association is now realizing your power, has given you a place to live and surely you are close to becoming an S-Rank hero, so I do not wish to force you into joining the new association, as I am still somewhat suspicious of their true intentions, it would be best if you remained here, finally enjoyed some respect as well as a comfortable place to live, yet that means we will have to go our different ways for the time being. Please do not see this as a betrayal, I still have the most profound respect for you, Saitama Sensei, and I know your wisdom is vast, but I must do this for myself and if this association is as honest as they claim perhaps you can join us so we can more efficiently save people and be heroes, but for now my mission, what I truly must do, is to avenge my family and this new association is the key to that, even if it means fighting the S-Rank Hero Metal Knight. I am ready for such a fight, I have been given new weapons and a new body by doc-

Saitama: Can you still come over and walk my dog once or twice a week?

Genos: Yes, Sensei.

Saitama: 'Kay, i'll get you a spare key.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Saitama and Genos originally joined the Hero Association under different circumstances than they find themselves in now. Saitama wanted recognition, Genos wanted Saitama's approval. Saitama has since discovered/decided that fame isn't all it's cracked up to be, Genos finally has Saitama's acceptance (as a friend if not an equal), and both of them are very acutely aware of the petty factional politics and corruption rampant throughout the system.

Saitama may or may not care, but I don't think that's going to stop Genos from making the switch if he wants to.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I hope saitama joins the new group and they immediately realize how strong he is.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

why would saitama give up free rent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I want to say that Blast is the leader of this new Hero Association, simply due to how often he's absent from meetings (or implied to be frequently missing). Chances are he's off setting up this new association when he became disenfranchised by the current system, and now the split is going full swing.