Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Noctone posted:

welp that's a new low for the spergiest poo poo on these forums

Sorry to derail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful

Noctone posted:

welp that's a new low for the spergiest poo poo on these forums

If kiimo isn't going to say it, I will: It's literally his job to know things like this.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
with most people watching everything online via youtube or hbo or whatever, who gives a gently caress about the length of a trailer anymore

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Theaters and networks.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
gently caress!!! Gat drat!!! Can't anyone express interest in a subject without being called a sperg anymore

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
Where can I watch Season 6 when it airs. I don't have HBO (live in the UK) and neither do I have Sky. Does Now TV or something air it? And if it does, do the episodes get interrupted frequently by adds?

I've been relying on Rainier to get me through the long winters between Season's airing and then the DVD releases, but rainier has become very slow now it appears to be the last streaming site on the internet to show it without account registration or player downloads.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I hope this season is all about Davos because Davos owns.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Manic X posted:

Where can I watch Season 6 when it airs. I don't have HBO (live in the UK) and neither do I have Sky. Does Now TV or something air it? And if it does, do the episodes get interrupted frequently by adds?

I've been relying on Rainier to get me through the long winters between Season's airing and then the DVD releases, but rainier has become very slow now it appears to be the last streaming site on the internet to show it without account registration or player downloads.

If you don't want to pay for cable and you don't want to pay for HBO Go something tells me you don't want to, you know, pay. So the best answer is one that shouldn't be written on these here legal forums. Seek your answer elsewhere, it awaits you.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I hope this season is all about Davos because Davos owns.

Now that he's been freed of Stannis, he is a true Westerosi Ronin.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Manic X posted:

Now TV, mate, if you don't want Sky. Sky have an exclusive deal with HBO, so you only get it in the UK through Sky or Now TV

On catch up there's no ads, but watching live I think there are 1 or 2 ad breaks

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004

Manic X posted:

Depending on where you live there might be fan watch parties at bars or at university clubs or some poo poo. Maybe make some new friends that enjoy the show and suggest a watch party at their residence.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Manic Mailman posted:

Depending on where you live there might be fan watch parties at bars or at university clubs or some poo poo. Maybe make some new friends that enjoy the show and suggest a watch party at their residence.

This. GoT is the only HBO show I watch any more - thankfully a few of my best friends all watch it, so I just head to their place and bring some beer or food to split with them.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think the trailer has lesbian make out in it. HBO you know exactly how to get me to renew my subscription.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

kiimo posted:

If you don't want to pay for cable and you don't want to pay for HBO Go something tells me you don't want to, you know, pay. So the best answer is one that shouldn't be written on these here legal forums. Seek your answer elsewhere, it awaits you.

You clearly misunderstood my intentions. I CANT GET HBO IN THE UK. I want to watch it legally, I was simply asking where can I watch it without having to pay for a Sky package that will give me 500 channels that I don't want.

Now Tv it is. It looks quite well priced as well.

Thanks for answering my question.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Apoplexy posted:

Can you maybe loving go back and fix this post so it doesn't read like a loving retard wrote it, thanks.

Autocorrect from phone posting really upsets you, huh?

What's wrong dude? Bad day at work?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Autocorrect from phone posting really upsets you, huh?

What's wrong dude? Bad day at work?

I mean, his name is Apoplexy. You can't get mad at a fig tree for bearing figs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shooting Blanks posted:

This. GoT is the only HBO show I watch any more - thankfully a few of my best friends all watch it, so I just head to their place and bring some beer or food to split with them.

There are quite a few shows on HBO that are worth your time I'd say.

I'm currently watching Last Week Tonight, Girls, and Silicon Valley and I recommend them.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

HBO puts out good documentaries too every now and then. Watch Going Clear and Terror at the Mall if you haven't already.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Raxivace posted:

HBO puts out good documentaries too every now and then. Watch Going Clear and Terror at the Mall if you haven't already.

I caught this on Netflix recently. If it's still there I recommend it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Raxivace posted:

Citizenfour too. That poo poo made me real uneasy.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Paradise Lost is pretty great (a bit old) if you need a fix after making a murderer.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

kiimo posted:

I'm currently watching Last Week Tonight, Girls, and Silicon Valley and I recommend them.

We've been enjoying Togetherness quite a bit lately as well.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kingtheninja posted:

Paradise Lost is pretty great (a bit old) if you need a fix after making a murderer.

Oh poo poo I forgot HBO did those too. They are also excellent.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

We've been enjoying Togetherness quite a bit lately as well.

The barf in the lap scene was perfect. I admit I can't look away from that show despite the forever sense of impending doom.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's mad dumb shows just don't release their full season all at once now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Groovelord Neato posted:

good point, but i like the "suspense," of weekly releases, it keeps people talking and guessing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Groovelord Neato posted:

I can only take so many personal days to binge through an entire netflix season when it comes out.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I can only take so many personal days to binge through an entire netflix season when it comes out.

Weekly releases are nice because they force us all to be on the same page. If I miss an episode, I have a week to catch up and can usually avoid spoilery gossip for that amount of time.

Binge releases have driven a wedge between certain groups at work. The younger (non-married non-children) carefree folk that can watch a season in a week and those of us with kids who can barely keep our eyes open after the baby goes to bed as we try to catch one episode of the approximate 688 backlogged episodes of various TV shows. Also we usually fall asleep during it so it takes like 3 attempts to figure out what the gently caress is going on.

I'm being half facetious... if given a choice I prefer the "released all at once" model. But it DOES seem to put people into separate viewing camps at work/social life which is kinda funny.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
It's definitely fun to be able to discuss and mull over things during the week in between episodes but it's also definitely cool when you can just binge the whole thing... this is just like one of my video game moral choices I can't decide!

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
This season promises to answer how Davos swings a sword without fingers, I'm in!

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

brocked posted:

This season promises to answer how Davos swings a sword without fingers, I'm in!

He only had the last joint of four of his fingers on his left hand chopped off, he still has his thumb so he can grab poo poo and his right hand is completely un-maimed.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

kiimo posted:

Last Week Tonight doesn't really appeal to me. Silicon Valley was funny the couple times I watched it, but not worth the price of admission. Never heard of Girls, but this is all a moot point really.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Shooting Blanks posted:

Last Week Tonight doesn't really appeal to me. Silicon Valley was funny the couple times I watched it, but not worth the price of admission. Never heard of Girls, but this is all a moot point really.

I am so sorry about your bad taste in television :(.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
I too have never heard of girls :cawg:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

whalestory posted:

I too have never heard of girls :cawg:

:golfclap:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
I wanna see Zombie Mountain scalp some religious ferals.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

BonoMan posted:

I am so sorry about your bad taste in television :(.

Its mostly that I don't usually find scripted comedy to be very funny. Same goes for movies, comedies rarely appeal to me.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I want to see Sansa get raped by more bad guys.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how have you not heard of the show "girls".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shooting Blanks posted:

Its mostly that I don't usually find scripted comedy to be very funny. Same goes for movies, comedies rarely appeal to me.

Are you saying you find unscripted comedy to be funny? I found you. My nemesis. Do you look like David Boreanaz but with a goatee?

• Locked thread