Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Chitin posted:

Isn't Radium also the goon who collects nuclear material and dangerous chemicals as a hobby? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Genesplicer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Chitin posted:

Isn't Radium also the goon who collects nuclear material and dangerous chemicals as a hobby? Or am I thinking of someone else?

That's genesplicer.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

What the living gently caress? Why?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

VanSandman posted:

Genesplicer is like, a million years old or sixty so maybe he's trying to hasten the Reaper's sweet embrace.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

VanSandman posted:

Genes aren't gonna splice themselves.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Wasn't he a chemistry teacher or something?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Roro posted:

Wasn't he a chemistry teacher or something?

Science teacher with an interest in historical quack medicine, which just happens to involve a good amount of radiation since 100 years ago people were really into putting radium in their bodies until their jaws fell off.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah let's take the nice happy-go-lucky man with the collection of wacky dangerous radioactive materials and make him a mod of GBS and turn him insane. This is how fuckin' supervillains get created.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
At least it might provide some good funny quotes though, right? Super villains are good for that kind of thing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I guess a supervillain with nuclear capabilities was the next logical step in SA's legacy when we went from Puckins to the Slender Man killings.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
A nuclear powered elderly mod supervillain. First thing he'll do it try and permaban the entire forums.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Outrail posted:

A nuclear powered elderly mod supervillain. First thing he'll do it try and permaban the entire forums.

Truly the end we deserve

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Genesplicer hacked mit and they gave him an honorary account for their systems. The man is a legend.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

and that account was albert einstein

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

and that account was

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:lol: :golfclap:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't think that really fits

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i don't think that really fits

I dunno, they're both involved with unpermited entry a few decades ago.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Greatbacon posted:

I dunno, they're both involved with unpermited entry a few decades ago.

:eyepop:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Sheep-Goats posted:

When I was in Harbin I saw what I assume was Harbin's first traffic camera, which was a police woman standing on a little credenza in the middle of a traffic circle angrily taking pictures with a little digital camera.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

A chillaxed feel good story:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762966

Good times.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

^That really made my day. Good work

maxe posted:

i made a helmet camera mount out of a partly sheared off bolt and the top of a pepsi bottle cap. it took me two hours.

this mornings ride took 1hr 20

Omgz posted:

Having a metal bolt facing in towards your head on your helmet doesn't seem smart.

FingersMaloy posted:

Yeah the whole point of your helmet is to compress when you crash on it. Putting a piece of steel in it is a bad idea.

fknlo posted:

Maybe he's a huge fan of the bolt driver scenes from No Country for Old Men?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Speaking of feelgood stuff, here's a goon's extremely cool mom

kizudarake posted:

When I was in high school and middle school, some of my friends were from lovely broken homes. Some of them wouldn't even get access to one meal at home a day. She never had to be asked, never grumbled, or anything, If you were there at any meal time, you ate, and there was always a plate at the dinner table set for you, no one ever had to eat in the kitchen or on the porch. If someone was over that had food allergies, she already knew, and made sure to fix a meal for everyone without those ingredients in them. If she was picking up burgers at Dairy Queen, even if you weren't blood, you still got fed the same way as everyone else. If the person that was over needed a place to stay that night, they had a bed with pillows and clean sheets, or, if we were out of beds, we got out cots and sleeping bags. Every one of my friends had a labeled toothbrush in the bathroom, changed every three months, whether it needed it or not, and everyone had their own bar of Irish spring that was in a labeled ziplock bag. If your clothes were dirty, she'd let you use the washer, and if your clothes were in too bad of a condition, she'd dip into hand-me-downs, or would dole out a brand new pair of socks and underwear from somewhere. I found out that she bought packs of fruit of the looms in every size just to make sure they were on hand when needed.

While the stuff she was providing wasn't luxury level, she wanted to make sure that everyone felt safe and clean, and cared for, even if things were rough at home.

:unsmith:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Speaking of feelgood stuff, here's a goon's extremely cool mom

:unsmith:

That is a wonderful mom. :unsmith:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
I decided to pop into TCC for the first time in forever, because I noticed they had a funny new name for the subforum. I opened a thread, and this was the first thing I saw:

Oh Long Johnson posted:

I urge others to look past the stigma and try crack at least once in their life, but to be responsible about it.

Excellent. The rest of the page is, of course, about 25% people explaining how they've been smoking crack for fifteen years and totally aren't addicted, and would you please stop repeating erroneous information to the effect that crack is in any way dangerous or habit-forming?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I bet you'll cowards don't even smoke crack.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
You arent addicted if you want to keep doing it because you're addicted

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Centripetal Horse posted:

I decided to pop into TCC for the first time in forever, because I noticed they had a funny new name for the subforum. I opened a thread, and this was the first thing I saw:

Excellent. The rest of the page is, of course, about 25% people explaining how they've been smoking crack for fifteen years and totally aren't addicted, and would you please stop repeating erroneous information to the effect that crack is in any way dangerous or habit-forming?

That post is a joke

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I remember years ago I happened upon TCC and was feeling kind of directionless and vulnerable in my life, and it made me really wonder whether I should just find a way to get myself some drugs, man I'm such a square, maybe it's all fine after all. I was totally fooled by their masquerade of self control

For those concerned, in the end no I did not become drug

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Puppy Galaxy posted:

That post is a joke

The responses seem to be real, which is pretty funny

But you're right that post is fake

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

sweeperbravo posted:

I remember years ago I happened upon TCC and was feeling kind of directionless and vulnerable in my life, and it made me really wonder whether I should just find a way to get myself some drugs, man I'm such a square, maybe it's all fine after all. I was totally fooled by their masquerade of self control

otoh, you'd have been saved from the webcomics

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Hogge Wild posted:

otoh, you'd have been saved from the webcomics

tragically I got involved in dealing black market webcomics long before I knew about TCC or SA :smith:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

how is TCC not just a single post that says "smoke weed" like what other discussion about drugs do you even need to have.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Travis343 posted:

how is TCC not just a single post that says "smoke weed" like what other discussion about drugs do you even need to have.

Getting off meth by switching to LSD is a pretty popular one.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Stories about people's misadventures because they abused ambien and wandered around in a dream state are pretty funny hth

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i don't think we can really criticize tcc when this whole forum is addicted to shitposting
WAH BAM

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Travis343 posted:

You misunderstand - the weed/shrooms/LSD guys aren't usually that bad, it's the others that are experimenting with weird chemicals and compounds that could literally kill someone at doses below a single milligram. These are the same people for whom regular weed or other easy-to-get recreational drugs are either "not strong enough" or "for pussies who are scared to try something new". Then someone ODs and dies in their car in the summer, or some idiot blacks out, wrecks a car, fights EMTs/police, and gets admitted to a psych ward because they're, well, stupid as hell.

Then again some of those same people waffle between "so-and-so died, I should really cut back or quit" and "psh, that'll NEVER happen to me" *snorts mystery powder, has seizure, falls down steps and dies*

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

sweeperbravo posted:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Ozz81 posted:

You misunderstand - the weed/shrooms/LSD guys aren't usually that bad, it's the others that are experimenting with weird chemicals and compounds that could literally kill someone at doses below a single milligram. These are the same people for whom regular weed or other easy-to-get recreational drugs are either "not strong enough" or "for pussies who are scared to try something new". Then someone ODs and dies in their car in the summer, or some idiot blacks out, wrecks a car, fights EMTs/police, and gets admitted to a psych ward because they're, well, stupid as hell.

Then again some of those same people waffle between "so-and-so died, I should really cut back or quit" and "psh, that'll NEVER happen to me" *snorts mystery powder, has seizure, falls down steps and dies*

Sometimes the gene pool gets really crowded. We should applaud those that decide to leave it in style.

Unless they vomited/shat/pissed all over themselves as they died. Then just laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

PBS Newshour posted:

i don't think we can really criticize tcc when this whole forum is addicted to shitposting
WAH BAM

GBS is the finest jenkum.

Travis343 posted:

Salvia is cool too.