Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest candidate for first round exit?
This poll is closed.
Kentucky 3 3.80%
Duke 16 20.25%
Gonzaga, it's always Gonzaga 11 13.92%
Iowa 24 30.38%
Indiana 12 15.19%
Wofford, you loving idiot 13 16.46%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Iowa won a basketball game. I still can't believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Ohio State gets the 7 seed in the Big Ten tourney, which means (provided they win their first game) they will have to play Michigan State for the 3rd time in less than 3 weeks.

Just loving kill me please.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

kittenmittons posted:

Ohio State gets the 7 seed in the Big Ten tourney, which means (provided they win their first game) they will have to play Michigan State for the 3rd time in less than 3 weeks.

Just loving kill me please.

Think of it as a way to bolster your NIT resume.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cats just got their first 20-win regular season in school history, clinched a first-round bye, and are one win away from maybe making the NIT.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm sure he's dogshit, but Illinois has basically been insolvent and completely hosed financially going back well before he even dreamed of taking office

Yes, yes I know. I hate the Democratic leadership in Illinois almost as much as Rauner, but at least there weren't threats of shutting down whole schools while they ran things. I'll shut up about Illinois politics now.

ISU is a 6th seed for the Big 12, and probably a 5 seed for the tournament unless they win against OU, then I think they're a 4. Still seems so odd that ISU took a decisive step backwards this year, when it was almost the same team as last year. The only think I don't like about Prohm is how he benches guys for way too long when they pick up some early fouls. Yesterday Niang got two and sat for like 9 minutes of the second half. He finished with 3 fouls, and 31 minutes. A couple of extra minutes in the first half could have been 2-4 more points. Also, Prohm must really like Halice Cooke because he got more minutes than Burton yesterday while shooting 1-4 overall and ending with 3 points. He has been mostly ineffective all year, so I don't know why he chose the Kansas game to give Cooke his most minutes all season.

Edit: Completely forgot, Big 12 awards came out. Niang is first team, Morris second team (robbed), McKay, Nader, and Thomas get honorable mentions. Buddy Hield wins player of the year, and Burton gets Newcomer of the year.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=106110&SPID=13134&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210776703&DB_OEM_ID=10410

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 7, 2016

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Really really want this shirt

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 days!)

PotatoJudge posted:

UNI won by 3 @ UNI and 2 @ UE so pattern shows they will win by 1 tomorrow, probably by a score of 51-50.

You were pretty fuckin close. 56-54.

"the aces hope for an NIT bid, but will probably settle for CBI or CIT or the new Vegas 16" :smithicide:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think the Big 12 might be sick of Kansas.

Here is their highlights of the KU / Iowa State game on Saturday...

http://www.big12sports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=5120572

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Tom Crean wins Big Ten Coach of the Year and Max Bielfeldt wins Sixth Man of the Year.

I still can't believe Michigan let him go.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Hello Towel posted:

Tom Crean wins Big Ten Coach of the Year and Max Bielfeldt wins Sixth Man of the Year.

I still can't believe Michigan let him go.

It wasn't so much 'let him go' as 'had no scholarship for him due to taking commitments before he had ever contributed and looked like a sure last guy on the bench for his entire career'

this actually blew up in great fashion when every top recruit decommitted or went elsewhere like always happens to Michigan, but they ended up giving Duncan Robinson Bielfeldt's scholarship which I would still say is a good trade given that they have 2 more years of him

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Frank Martin wuz robbed.

Very happy for our guys who earned All-SEC honors, though. Michael Carrera is a first-teamer, Sindarius Thornwell made the all-defensive team, and Duane Notice is the sixth man of the year. Good poo poo, Cocks.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Boston College finishes off its winless ACC season with a 22-point loss to Florida St. in the tourney.

Good night, sweet prince.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

RumbleFish posted:

Frank Martin wuz robbed.

Very happy for our guys who earned All-SEC honors, though. Michael Carrera is a first-teamer, Sindarius Thornwell made the all-defensive team, and Duane Notice is the sixth man of the year. Good poo poo, Cocks.

I knew this post was coming as soon as Cal won the award.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Post game senior Dennis Clifford was asked the best thing about playing at Boston College. Through tears he said "going out to eat."

http://youtu.be/p9lqZ4wPCIA

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

soggybagel posted:

Post game senior Dennis Clifford was asked the best thing about playing at Boston College. Through tears he said "going out to eat."

I hear the Chipotle in particular is a big draw.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

soggybagel posted:

god this kid needs a hug. your team got goddamn e coli and norovirus and that was still the best memory. :smith:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer

Cue epic Round of 32 loss

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SDSU has a date with Utah State tomorrow afternoon

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sitting here realizing that Thursday is the first day of Madness and is also St. Patrick's Day and I can't remember the last time those coincided.

I can already feel the headache Friday morning when I go in to work, get out early and then head back to the bars to start again. Most of my friends are heading to Vegas Tuesday - Saturday. I just am too old to deal with that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I work a Sunday-Wednesday schedule so I'm pretty sure I'm the envy of every sports fan in America this time of year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Henchman of Santa posted:

I work a Sunday-Wednesday schedule so I'm pretty sure I'm the envy of every sports fan in America this time of year.

I'll be covering the tourney at SB Nation so I'm literally getting paid to watch it :getin:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Benne posted:

I'll be covering the tourney at SB Nation so I'm literally getting paid to watch it :getin:

Yeah but do they pay you to also not drink? Something to think about.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Benne posted:

Motherfucker

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Benne posted:

Same, minus the covering part and more just not doing my job.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

kiimo posted:

Yeah but do they pay you to also not drink? Something to think about.

On my laptop 3,000 miles away from headquarters, nobody has to know.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Rutgers lost in the first round of the B1GT today to Nebraska. Good night sweet prince the Enemies of Rutgers Athletics have won this round :(

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
gently caress UCLA, may they suck forever

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Im going to become a mountain hermit os heres the cool bball: texas will completely upset a fool or two, baylor i dunno theyre really good and also really poo poo but its an even year where we traditionslly win the champ so baylor bitch as long as no wheelchaired retarded midgets with no legs plays against us for ultimate moral karma free win

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/Ivy_Athletics/status/707965892739645440

The Ivy League is adding a 4-team basketball tournament next spring.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

On the one hand smaller conference tournaments own, on the other hand that was a cool Ivy League tradition and they're the last ones left, so I kind of want to be a cranky old man about this change.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Why didn't the Ivy League have tournaments before? I know in football they don't do postseason play but obviously they participate in March Madness so it never really made sense to me.

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx

Why didn't the Ivy League have tournaments before? I know in football they don't do postseason play but obviously they participate in March Madness so it never really made sense to me.

Tradition was a big part of it, as was the idea of the "14-game tournament". The Ivy League doesn't change very quickly, if at all.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I think it was just to keep things pure and ensure that the best team represented the league. I believe the Big Ten and the Pac 10 were the last holdouts before them and the Ivy League just never gave in... until now.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Well Kim Anderson will be back for his third (and final) year at Mizzou in 2016-17. Disappointing to say the least because now the timeline for the Tigers returning to at least mediocrity is pushed back another year (so probably 2019-2020 at the earliest).

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Eddie Jordan fired at Rutgers even though he was 1-1 in his last 2 conference games and clearly turning things around.

They only play on Friday and Saturday nights when school is in session, because academic load etc. (Bar NCAAs obviously.) So a full tournament would take up too much time, I guess?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

KU vs. K-State in an hour and a half and a thread was going around making fun of K-State media in general and brought this gem to my attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IALwo-Z_6qU

BI have you seen this?

Ugh, K-State. Never stop sucking.

Also in honor of embarrassing K-State, this happened in 1978 in Manhattan, not 1962 Alabama.

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/1978/02/14/page/43/article/somethings-really-rotten-at-kansas-st

for the lazy: K-State fans throw hundreds of bananas on the court and held up a huge sign with the n-word and a guy in a gorilla mask ran around the court with a sign that said he was one of the KU players' brother.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Alex Olah is big Romanian champion and I am devastated and gently caress the big ten and gently caress gene steretore anabove all gently caress Michigan Northwestern Vegas 16 champs give us Vic Law or give us death.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Jesus CHRIST, Aztecs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

kiimo posted:

KU vs. K-State in an hour and a half and a thread was going around making fun of K-State media in general and brought this gem to my attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IALwo-Z_6qU

BI have you seen this?

Ugh, K-State. Never stop sucking.

Also in honor of embarrassing K-State, this happened in 1978 in Manhattan, not 1962 Alabama.

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/1978/02/14/page/43/article/somethings-really-rotten-at-kansas-st

for the lazy: K-State fans throw hundreds of bananas on the court and held up a huge sign with the n-word and a guy in a gorilla mask ran around the court with a sign that said he was one of the KU players' brother.

lol remember when ku fans were racist in 2010? shine on, ku fans

http://deadspin.com/5469149/good-old-fashioned-t-shirt-racism-in-kansas

• Locked thread