Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
New Flatbush zombies is good. Trade-off, r.i.p.c.d., the odyssey, new phone who dis? are the standouts but the whole thing is solid. My biggest criticism of them was Juice's raps but they're a lot more concise on this and he even mixes in some double time flows in there too, cool poo poo. New Denzel, new Flatbush, and Katt Williams bought Beanie Sigel a lambo for his birthday; a good week for rap imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7WHNasmGK8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvzNet33v70

Robert Analog fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Weekly reminder that Ultra Light Beam is fully sick and amazing

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Chance The Rapper is the truth. Acid Rap, Surf, Yo he's killing it. It might not be for everyone but I love it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bows1 posted:

Weekly reminder that Ultra Light Beam is fully sick and amazing
The people have spoken:

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/707993466089906177

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/707993731220148224

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Ultralight Beams is great. But the song I keep coming back to is Pt.2

That intro to Part 2 before Desiigner comes in is so loving great. and then the rest of it so meh.

Like I want a whole song of just Kanye done with the beat and style that he starts that song with.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

please stop trolling he sounds like william hung mastered by what i assume is a drunk, deaf baboon how do you people consume this poo poo

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

1/6 of panda is the fourth best song on tlop

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

because i am weird i looked up the tattoo shop the 'with that' video night scenes are shot at https://goo.gl/maps/LZMnDwaXgFM2

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Ya chance has verse of the year to me and I actively root(Ed) against him

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Not digging the new Flatbush Zombies much after three listens. The production is pretty cool, some really out there stuff but the rapping is nowhere near as good and raw as in BetterOffDead

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Dude's gonna be loving exhausted.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

verse of the year

its march

acksplode
May 17, 2004

air- posted:

Dude's gonna be loving exhausted.

Good for him, this is his moment and he is milking the gently caress out of it and I love it

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

So what

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

so loving future posted:

because i am weird i looked up the tattoo shop the 'with that' video night scenes are shot at https://goo.gl/maps/LZMnDwaXgFM2

I got 8 pounds in a old car on old nat outside skate town on the southside

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
https://soundcloud.com/harlem_fetty/remyboyz-instant-friend-pro-by-cashmoneyap

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I really hope he locks down the summer

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
YG will lock down the summer

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

VERY TRUE. I NEED Still Krazy to come out right before Memorial Day

Gonna need someone to turn AVatar into red m&m to celebrate when time is right

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
This thread is really boring when you talk about the same 5 rappers all the time.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Did anyone discuss the new lil yachty, you will like if into father, lil uzi vert.

https://soundcloud.com/770rd/sets/lil-yachty-lil-boat

lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nMBhrg6Z3Y&t=719s

Ebro is such condescending rear end in a top hat I can't wait till his rear end is fired for being irrelevant.

gucci bane fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 11, 2016

Brent87
Nov 7, 2009
New Tink

ahh cant wait to see what she releases

http://2dopeboyz.com/2016/03/07/tink-circle-the-block/

Pertplus
Nov 7, 2009

All of those radio personalities are irrelevant condescending rear end in a top hat idiots, I don't know why anyone ever takes people like Ebro seriously to begin with

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

drat domo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLiMrd45I0M

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
I've actually thought domo was the best non frank ofer since of tape. He's very good when the focus is tight. He's the only weed rapper I can stand

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Sway is cool

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Pertplus posted:

All of those radio personalities are irrelevant condescending rear end in a top hat idiots, I don't know why anyone ever takes people like Ebro seriously to begin with

Old man Ebro has my respect because of where he's been and all the amazing acts that he's helped and been in the presence of all of these years. He's not always wrong, especially not in the video that was posted. A rapper like Lil Uzi Vert is fun in short spurts but guys like him tend to be flash in the pan types, but vert seems to be cool with the living in the here and now and I respect that too.

My issue with Ebro is being such a loving hypocrit; he talks about BARS all loving day but admittedly won't spin, or is even concerned with lyricism when it comes to spins.

Him and Bdot and Sway are part of a dying breed when it comes to this whole thing: Timbaland had a really great interview where he said that he doesn't approach artists like he used to, because he knows once the day comes that he thinks that everything sounds like crap - he won't be able to be relevant anymore...you have to incorporate those sounds and trends in order to stay around long term.

There are only a handful of artists able to do that though...

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Anyone see Young Thug live? I'm planning on seeing him in the OC on Monday, not sure what to expect. Somehow the tickets are still open, general admission, you'd think that poo poo would be sold out? I thought all his tours were getting sold out. I dunno. I guess I should probably get there pretty early.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Anyone see Young Thug live? I'm planning on seeing him in the OC on Monday, not sure what to expect. Somehow the tickets are still open, general admission, you'd think that poo poo would be sold out? I thought all his tours were getting sold out. I dunno. I guess I should probably get there pretty early.

i saw him do an opening set last year (right before the mostly-canceled hitunes tour) and he just sang over his tracks with the vocals still in them so he did about every third word live. dude was animated but it was still kinda disappointing. hopefully he'd bring a bit more to it headlining, i'd go just for the spectacle if the price is right. i'm still mad that he hasn't done a headlining show in nyc ever as far as i can tell

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

HoneyBoy posted:

Sway is cool

Most def, always enjoyed his morning show. There were a few good personalities on Shade 45 (using past tense because I don't have XM now).

TheFallenEvincar posted:

There's a vid of him doing a concert in Europe and it looked like he did a good job. Last time I wanted to see him in CHI it got cancelled last minute but it looks like he has one in CHI heights in May I think so I might do that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=80LEqL5-a58

TrixR4kids fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 11, 2016

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Yuzenn posted:

Old man Ebro has my respect because of where he's been and all the amazing acts that he's helped and been in the presence of all of these years. He's not always wrong, especially not in the video that was posted. A rapper like Lil Uzi Vert is fun in short spurts but guys like him tend to be flash in the pan types, but vert seems to be cool with the living in the here and now and I respect that too.

My issue with Ebro is being such a loving hypocrit; he talks about BARS all loving day but admittedly won't spin, or is even concerned with lyricism when it comes to spins.

Him and Bdot and Sway are part of a dying breed when it comes to this whole thing: Timbaland had a really great interview where he said that he doesn't approach artists like he used to, because he knows once the day comes that he thinks that everything sounds like crap - he won't be able to be relevant anymore...you have to incorporate those sounds and trends in order to stay around long term.

There are only a handful of artists able to do that though...

The other thing people seem to fail to realize is that a lot of that is an act. Like I'm sure he feels somewhat like that, but his whole shtick is "grumpy old man", so of course he's gonna react that way when you get a goofy rear end dude like Lil Uzi Vert saying he won't rap over Premier or something (which is funny and retarded).

And tbh I don't see him as much of a hypocrite, on air personality Ebro can talk about bars and lyricism all he wants but program director Ebro knows you gotta make sure your audience is happy.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

alansmithee posted:

The other thing people seem to fail to realize is that a lot of that is an act. Like I'm sure he feels somewhat like that, but his whole shtick is "grumpy old man", so of course he's gonna react that way when you get a goofy rear end dude like Lil Uzi Vert saying he won't rap over Premier or something (which is funny and retarded).

And tbh I don't see him as much of a hypocrite, on air personality Ebro can talk about bars and lyricism all he wants but program director Ebro knows you gotta make sure your audience is happy.

Fair enough, I guess a better way to put it is that he intentionally does his trolling act and the shtick plays into it.

The duality of the program director and the hip hop purist Ebro is the one that I can't stand. Sway tells people up front that if they aren't ready to spit don't come to the show, and I feel like Ebro tip toes around certain artists and their incessant requests to never spit any bars live. (I kind of wish 2 chainz would have taken that route cause yeeeesh his poo poo was bad.

It's sad when I agree with Rosenberg more than Ebro these days.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

abraham linksys posted:

i saw him do an opening set last year (right before the mostly-canceled hitunes tour) and he just sang over his tracks with the vocals still in them so he did about every third word live. dude was animated but it was still kinda disappointing. hopefully he'd bring a bit more to it headlining, i'd go just for the spectacle if the price is right. i'm still mad that he hasn't done a headlining show in nyc ever as far as i can tell

Can't believe more and more of these gently caress rappers are "performing" like this, Post Malone apparently did something similar recently at a festival in Florida. Other than with mainstream top 40 pop, this wouldn't be acceptable in any other genre.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Future's next tape bout to be pure fire yall.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Dexo posted:

Future's next tape bout to be pure fire yall.

His Instagram comments right now are absolute savagery

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

We have all had sex with Ciara as many times as Russell Wilson has. And that's cool

Pertplus
Nov 7, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGpBiW3SD0

Pertplus fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 13, 2016

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Anonymous John posted:

Can't believe more and more of these gently caress rappers are "performing" like this, Post Malone apparently did something similar recently at a festival in Florida. Other than with mainstream top 40 pop, this wouldn't be acceptable in any other genre.

idk a lot of rap music is hard to translate to a live setting. when you construct songs in the studio line-by-line, you're not really gonna worry about being able to pull them off live. thugger just needs a hype man(s) to finish his lines for him so he can breathe or whatever

i thought future's solution of a set that was half with partially-prerecorded vocals and half all live vocals sounded smart, imagine some of his songs are easy to sing live and some are a lot harder

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I already found it annoying enough seeing Nas live and having some random dude finish half his lines for him. It's true some rappers don't translate live. Lil Wayne, Brother Ali, Game, Ice Cube, they've all been nice live experiences for me though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Danny Brown translates well live but unfortunately he'll cut some songs short so you may miss your favorite verse.