Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest candidate for first round exit?
This poll is closed.
Kentucky 3 3.80%
Duke 16 20.25%
Gonzaga, it's always Gonzaga 11 13.92%
Iowa 24 30.38%
Indiana 12 15.19%
Wofford, you loving idiot 13 16.46%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol "Joe College" =! "KU fans".

"Independent T-Shirt Company that was sued by KU" =! "Students throwing bananas on the floor"

But now on to important stuff...

my Bruin friend posted:

Alford may get sacked after all. Apparently, last nights humiliating loss to USC has really rallied the top 100 donors. There will be a conference call with the AD within the 48 hours to decide Alford's fate. Fire him!! Bring back my Blue Blood Bruins!

I guess we'll see on this. HUGE buyout.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

kiimo posted:

I guess we'll see on this. HUGE buyout.

Good, gently caress Alford. UCLA and USC deserved the opposite coaches they got.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

(nvm that some fans had a sign saying Frank Martin mows my lawn at a game)

but yes, k-state got owned by ku this year. we can move on

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Probably Magic posted:

Good, gently caress Alford. UCLA and USC deserved the opposite coaches they got.

USC paid it's due with Floyd and O'neill

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If UCLA fires Alford after giving him a gigantic contract they better have somebody amazing in mind.

Of course they will want somebody with "ties to the program" which I think is a silly thing that colleges do. Go after Bryce Drew or Tony Bennett. Who cares if they didn't play or coach there?

edit: or maybe see if Sean Miller still loves living in Tucson.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 11, 2016

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Matey posted:

(nvm that some fans had a sign saying Frank Martin mows my lawn at a game)

but yes, k-state got owned by ku this year. we can move on

Watch out, if you keep pushing him he'll tell that funny story about the Antlers trolling some old people again.

Well funny right up until the end. Which might be made up. Because I can't trust you Kiimo, you see.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

kiimo posted:

KU vs. K-State in an hour and a half and a thread was going around making fun of K-State media in general and brought this gem to my attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IALwo-Z_6qU

BI have you seen this?

Ugh, K-State. Never stop sucking.
Uh, excuse me, kstatemask ruled.
I'm eagerly awaiting the day (which probably won't come :/ ) he and catlab collaborate for some mystical macho vaporwave EMAW hype epic.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

SpiritualDeath posted:

mystical macho vaporwave EMAW hype epic.

now I'm interested

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh god he linked a Mask video to show how K State sucks?

The only thing the K State Mask did wrong was try to get too fancy. He should have just kept throwing lumber by a dam.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i wish my team wasn't a perpetual engine of misery, my standards are so loving low

not only did we blow the NIT, but Bill Carmody, the guy who was shitcanned for not making the tournament, just took Holy Cross to the Tournament.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Grittybeard posted:

The only thing the K State Mask did wrong was try to get too fancy. He should have just kept throwing lumber by a dam.

TUTTLE CREEK REPRESENT

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Matey posted:

now I'm interested

Hell, I'm interested.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Pro as gently caress click

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

R.D. Mangles posted:

Alex Olah is big Romanian champion and I am devastated and gently caress the big ten and gently caress gene steretore anabove all gently caress Michigan Northwestern Vegas 16 champs give us Vic Law or give us death.

If Alex Olah could play every game against Michigan, he would be the National Player of the Year and the #1 overall pick

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wish I could actually hate K-State but it just isn't the same.

I miss Missouri. Well, the way they were. I miss that one. Funny thing about it though, they're making more money as a program than ever soooo not much you can say. I guess I can care what Iowa State and Kansas State do? Something something Sandstorm. Ugh. Not the same.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UCLA firing Alford gonna gently caress up the UNLV search :negative:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Not if you hire Alford!

He comes with a point guard though, and that is non-negotiable.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

kiimo posted:

Not if you hire Alford!

He comes with a point guard though, and that is non-negotiable.

It's cool we gonna mess it up no matter what

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

No 3-peat for the Clones in the Big 12 tourney. Might be for the best, now they get a full week of rest before the real tournament.

Likely a 5 seed, and I will be happy if they just make it past the first weekend.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Big 12 tournament is a useless distraction. If you win, okay. If you lose, get healthy and recuperate for the tourney.

If you aren't going to the NCAA tournament chances are you aren't winning the Big 12 tournament anyway.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

kiimo posted:

The Big 12 tournament is a useless distraction. If you win, okay. If you lose, get healthy and recuperate for the tourney.

If you aren't going to the NCAA tournament chances are you aren't winning the Big 12 tournament anyway.

I feel very good about our chances of not winning the Big XII tournament.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kick Oklahoma's rear end. That would make me happy. I wouldn't mind losing to West Virginia in the championship (provided we get past Baylor). I feel like facing a constant press and a loss would be a good thing going into the tournament for Kansas to avoid the dreaded annual round 1/2 upset.

Also in news nobody but me cares about, Bill Self admitted he's been recruiting incorrectly and said moving forward he plans on having 2-3 point guards on the floor at all times. That's big news in recruiting circles. I think it means fewer Wiggins/Oubre wings and more 4* guards.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I'd like to think we can get a win over OU finally this year, but I dunno.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Denver fired their head coach Joe Scott. He seemed like a good guy, but he hadn't made the NCAA tournament in any of his 9 years there and his teams play slow as poo poo, so I'm not too torn up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

For a second there I thought I was in the NFL thread and was like :siren::siren::siren:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Indiana has still never won a conference tournament.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Old Dominion is going to play in the Conference USA championship, which is cool for them, but I can't help but be amused that they moved to Conference USA from the CAA and now the CAA is rated as the clearly superior conference.

(I assume they moved for football, not sure why they would want to be FBS anyway, they are probably losing money doing that, so this is possibly doubly funny?)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wayne Selden just absolutely loving destroyed somebody. Video coming.

As promised...

I want to know Wayne Seldens uncle, "Selden Time"

kiimo fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 12, 2016

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
One more win, SDSU. Just one more.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

So what does this do to South Carolina? They've lost three of their last four and somehow lost to Georgia three times this year.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

RC and Moon Pie posted:

So what does this do to South Carolina? They've lost three of their last four and somehow lost to Georgia three times this year.

I would think they will still make it, although they may be punished with a first four game now.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I'd like to think we've still done enough to merit an NCAA bid, even with those three awful Ls to Georgia and a few other dumb losses, but there's no telling what the committee thinks. It wouldn't be the worst thing if we returned to our spiritual home (the NIT) since that would still be ahead of schedule for this team. I gotta admit that would be very disappointing on multiple levels, though.

OctoberBlues posted:

I would think they will still make it, although they may be punished with a first four game now.

I'm fine with this. I don't even care about winning a tournament game, just let me watch my dumb and bad alma mater play in it for once. :smith:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Holy poo poo you guys madness is already here. Arizona Oregon, Oklahoma West Virginia.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Michigan are probably still bad but Mo Wagner and Kam Chatman beat Tom Crean and that's loving hilarious.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Does uconn have a real good pg this year? Need to know just in case they magically when the American tourny

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Tulsa got whipped by Memphis, they'll probably be in the NIT but today was effectively the end of meaningful basketball under Frank Haith there. If the pattern holds, next year they'll plummet (not hard to imagine, next year they have basically no returning minutes); two years from now Haith will jump ship to yet another and lower-profile job; three years from now the program will be on probation. Maybe they can be relevant again in 2021, but I'm not optimistic.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
edit: wrong thread

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Mar 12, 2016

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Metapod posted:

Does uconn have a real good pg this year? Need to know just in case they magically when the American tourny

No. Jalen Adams is at least two years away still from being really good.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Heres some cool free bets to win: texas wins at least 1, wvu wins at least 2, baylor depends on bracket but prob wins at least 1, iowa state early exit (might win one) same with kansas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Another Illini player arrested, this time Jaylon Tate for punching his girlfriend in the fact. That is two in like three weeks (Leron Black for a felony not too long ago), and three in nine months. John Groce: As Good A Judge Of Character As He Is Of Talent.

• Locked thread