Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah I thought it was fine. I guess It may be more boring for people who haven't seen ET like 100 times, though.
That episode made me grab some tall glasses of water and watch ET for the first time in 20 years or so. I basically cried through the whole thing. Also yeah, the clothes the guest wears for the big bike chase scene are super weird.

That led me to rewatch Raiders and Jaws (which I've watched a lot more but also hadn't seen in a year or two) as a double-feature a few days later. So, thanks Matty G for your Spielberg series, even if the last guest was a bit of a snooze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Great I4H this week. Gemberlong and Atamanuik always bring it.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

I like I was there too specifically because you get to see "normal" people's perspective on the whole hollywood thing. It feels very inside/old school hollywood to me, so hearing anything about the making of ET was alright in my book. I really enjoyed the Spielberg guy too, lots of really cool inside info/perspective.

ElCondemn fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 10, 2016

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Great I4H this week. Gemberlong and Atamanuik always bring it.

I love that they both started rattling off 9/11 facts immediately after the scene was over hahahaha

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
It's me, Del Toast

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's kind of crazy how good that Trump impression is

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.

Help Im Alive posted:

It's kind of crazy how good that Trump impression is

Go see the Trump vs Bernie (him and Adomian) tour if you can. It's pretty fun.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

ElCondemn posted:

I like I was there too specifically because you get to see "normal" people's perspective on the whole hollywood thing. It feels very inside/old school hollywood to me, so hearing anything about the making of ET was alright in my book. I really enjoyed the Spielberg guy too, lots of really cool inside info/perspective.

I find them enjoyable partially because the guests always seem genuinely nice

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

cody gets two of these?!?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Lauren Lapkus' new sketch show (episode of, really) The Characters is up on Netflix now. Netflix let 8 comedians make a half-hour episode of whatever they wanted for it. The trailer's here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juD6yx-vpWc

The show overall is hit or miss for me but Lauren's episode made me laugh. A big part of her ep. revolves around Todd from CBB which was fairly *meh* for me but her reality show stuff was good IMO.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 11, 2016

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That trailer makes me actively hate that show. And Netflix. And humanity. That was anti-funny. Lapkus deserves better.

Edit: I rewatched it again because I thought I was being too hard on it. Now I'm just angry.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 11, 2016

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Its almost like with special guest and this is very hit or miss like pretty much every comedic venture except Hollywood Handbook.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
It's crazy that in this No Rules collection of effectively pilots, every comedian chose to do multiple characters and use the same director/editor/style, amazing coincidence.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Is The Characters kinda like a low-rent Kroll Show? I already don't like Kroll Show for just being an assault of obnoxious, loud characters, but I did want to check out at least Lapkus's episode.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

feedmyleg posted:

Is The Characters kinda like a low-rent Kroll Show? I already don't like Kroll Show for just being an assault of obnoxious, loud characters, but I did want to check out at least Lapkus's episode.

Only watched Lapkus's but it was very Kroll Show though not terribly good.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I watched the 2 episodes that followed Lauren's episode and they were mostly very bad so I stopped watching. I enjoyed Natasha Rothwell's episode but overall the more I watched it turns out the more I dislike.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

noted obnoxious, loud characters like Dr Armond

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Nick Krolls most famous character and crossover hit, Dr Armond.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I watched the Henry Zebrowski ep of that and laughed at a few parts. Definitely didn't make me angry.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

I watched the Henry Zebrowski ep of that and laughed at a few parts. Definitely didn't make me angry.

I try to stay calm when I watch comedy but sometimes I go into a blind rage

freeipods
Jul 3, 2007

While everyone's already on Netflix, there's a special called Cast Party that includes a short With Special Guest segment sandwiched between a bunch of cringeworthy NPR bullshit.

http://instantwatcher.com/title/80091925

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Nick Krolls most famous character and crossover hit, Dr Armond.

heh

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I thought the Lapkus EP was pretty funny. Not a lot of laugh out loud moments, but still lots of good stuff.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

i liked the ep too but when will she make a full length album

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Has anyone watched Bajillion Dollar Properties yet? Any good?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would watch it and maybe some of the other stuff on Seeso except it's US only

It's kinda funny that they've been advertising it non stop on Earwolf + like half of their listeners can't actually use it

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I watched the 1st episode and though it was funny and plan to watch the full series; the rest of the episodes aren't going to be up until the 17th though. And yeah it sucks that Seeso isn't available abroad, I'm guessing it has to do with licensing & rights issues for stuff like Kids in the Hall, Monty Python, etc.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

PFT was on Colbert last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X0ZSsoxzSs

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I thought the pilot was ok. The idea of having lots of famous people make cameos doesn't seem like the greatest premise for a show. We'll see I guess.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I would subscribe to seeso in a second for the UCB show and bajillion dollar properties, but the player is still wet garbage

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Another week, another fantastic HH :allears:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
HH talkin' hoops is like the very definition of my jam

cams
Mar 28, 2003

podcasts make you wise, like owls

16 minutes in and this is a bravura performance from engineer brett

cams fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 15, 2016

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I love that they included matthew mcconaughey's catchphrase, "gimme gimme gimme"

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

padijun posted:

I would subscribe to seeso in a second for the UCB show and bajillion dollar properties, but the player is still wet garbage

I was going back and forth with their support over the lag and stuttering I get only from their website (netflix, hulu and every other streaming service had no issues). They just stopped communicating with me and didn't even offer a refund since their stupid site doesn't work. I wish comedians would learn to quit partnering with people/companies that don't know how to make poo poo.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

The rollout of their console apps has been hillarious. The Roku app is basically unnavigable (not that any other Roku apps are winning any UI/UX awards any time soon)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

ElCondemn posted:

I was going back and forth with their support over the lag and stuttering I get only from their website (netflix, hulu and every other streaming service had no issues). They just stopped communicating with me and didn't even offer a refund since their stupid site doesn't work. I wish comedians would learn to quit partnering with people/companies that don't know how to make poo poo.

I'm glad I read a post like this before subscribing. I can't believe how bad these proprietary comedy things keep ending up.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I'm just now listening to the last New York HH and holy crap this episode is amazing.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

SpacePig posted:

I'm glad I read a post like this before subscribing. I can't believe how bad these proprietary comedy things keep ending up.

The apps tend to work alright for streaming, but as everyone else said, the apps and even the website have a horrible UI. Every time you visit the page or open the app you have to login, unlike every other loving app and website on the planet. The playlist functionality is a joke, you can't re-arrange anything and any time you reach the end of your playlist they play something random. They don't even show air dates or episode numbers so there's no way to know what the gently caress you're watching. There's also no way to tell if anything is new or already been watched.

I'm still subscribed but only because I want more UCB show and I'm waiting for Harmonquest, I hate supporting the platform but I want the performers to keep being able to make poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Illinois Smith posted:

HH talkin' hoops is like the very definition of my jam

They have a good point. Those lazy NBA players hate playing defense! And it has nothing to due with college offense being terrible because NCAA D1 basketball has 6,000 players, of which about 60 get annually drafted into the NBA and of which maybe 7 have good professional careers. It's because they're lazy and just want the money!