Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Imagine it as a cross between ghost league racing and dice racing. You get the hassle-free racing without being stuck to the same class/spec/car list like the leagues are. Participants are chosen at random to choose the circuit, and a random number generator picks the class.
That's it, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

Imagine it as a cross between ghost league racing and dice racing. You get the hassle-free racing without being stuck to the same class/spec/car list like the leagues are. Participants are chosen at random to choose the circuit, and a random number generator picks the class.
That's it, really.

I'm with the collision crew. It's an idea, but all it is is hotlapping, not racing. If it was a 2-3 lap ghost warm up, followed by SynMoo's 595 spec for a 2nd warm up (collisions on) before the actual races, then maybe. I jump into the ghost league to warm up for a race or two before joining regular hoppers or the league I want. It's nice to see other player's lines, but aside from that it getting old quicker than it used to. Now I accept the chaos that is full contact and now sim damage.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

geeves posted:

I'm with the collision crew. It's an idea, but all it is is hotlapping, not racing. If it was a 2-3 lap ghost warm up, followed by SynMoo's 595 spec for a 2nd warm up (collisions on) before the actual races, then maybe. I jump into the ghost league to warm up for a race or two before joining regular hoppers or the league I want. It's nice to see other player's lines, but aside from that it getting old quicker than it used to. Now I accept the chaos that is full contact and now sim damage.

The only fun I ever had doing ghost racing was literal hotlap races back in Forza 4. We'd occasionally do races where the win condition was fastest lap with collisions off. It was kinda fun, but also something we did once every few weeks at most and we pretty much stopped doing that entirely after the first couple of months. I can kinda see the appeal of ghost racing in hoppers since the hoppers in this game are full of people who will fly across three lanes of the track to smash into you, but if you are racing with people who at least attempt to race cleanly it just seems dumb and insanely boring.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Agreed with Cubey and geeves.

If you're forced to race with random internet shitheads then ghost racing isn't a terrible idea. If you're racing with known goon shitheads who you can communicate with and aren't out to intentionally wreck you then it just seems silly to turn off collisions.

You're not racing for any actual prize so who the gently caress cares if you occasionally get bumped off the track or wrecked out.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Howdy wants to hotlap with bros, quit being anti-bros and hotlap with him occasionally.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I did ask for comments, it's totally cool.

P.S. EF I am probably making a huge TV upgrade soon and I look forward to putting the TX in front of it. It's a pretty darn nice wheel.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The top gear track on the sim damage leagues is a special experience. No pit either.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The top gear track on the sim damage leagues is a special experience. No pit either.

That's in rotation? :psyduck:

Edit: Tuning Question.

What do you need to do with a car that twists when you accelerate? I put all HP into the 1970 Porsche 914 and brought it up to A class. The motherfucker twists like crazy with the throttle full, even with TCS. Is this a throttle control issue or is there something I can do to tune some of it out?

geeves fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 8, 2016

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

geeves posted:

That's in rotation? :psyduck:

I just ran it on the Lamborghini league. I avoided any of the head on chicken collisions at least.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

:2bong: Whooooooaaaahhhh :2bong:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sweet, what track has the loop in it?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Sweet, what track has the loop in it?

Sebring. It's actually why everyone cuts the track at the last turns.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I finished the Porsche campaign last night. I am a whore for Forza content but this expansion just felt really pointless, except for VIR being added.

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?

I said come in! posted:

I finished the Porsche campaign last night. I am a whore for Forza content but this expansion just felt really pointless, except for VIR being added.

How was it any different than the normal campaign? I would disagree that 20 cars from a manufacturer not represented in the main game at all, especially one with a significant following, is pointless.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
There was no opportunity to drive it on the moon. Also it didn't sound like a vacuum cleaner.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FAILURE posted:

How was it any different than the normal campaign? I would disagree that 20 cars from a manufacturer not represented in the main game at all, especially one with a significant following, is pointless.

They were all cars from Forza 4 and less of them, with the exception of just one? Not being any different from the main campaign is the problem too, plus all of the pointless forced commentary. For such an amazing car manufacturer, the level of effort put into this pack didn't reflect that.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 11, 2016

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

They were all cars from Forza 4 and less of them, with the exception of just one? Not being any different from the main campaign is the problem too, plus all of the pointless forced commentary. For such an amazing car manufacturer, the level of effort put into this pack didn't reflect that.

919, cayman gts, macan (lol), 918, 991 Turbo, 997 GT3 RS 4.0 and 718 were not in forza 4. Honestly the pack couldve done with a modern 911 GTE, 991 GT3 RS, 993 GT2 and the Cayman GT4 though.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The continued absence of the 928 is a tragedy, as is the lack of the cool old Porsche race cars like the 910/6

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cubey posted:

The continued absence of the 928 is a tragedy, as is the lack of the cool old Porsche race cars like the 910/6

I assume Porsche ultimately has control of which cars go in video games and they want no connection to "that" kind of Porsche

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

I said come in! posted:

It's already been pointed out that they aren't all cars from 4. How exactly do they make the Porsche pack races "different" from the campaign when the entire game is just cars racing on tracks without doing dumb poo poo like the aforementioned moon racing?

Would you have been happier if they didn't add any of the commentary? It's some neat history for people who care about it and if you don't you can just ignore or skip it.

It's a bunch of great cars and an awesome track, plus a whole set of single player races and a league. I'm not sure what else you expect for $20.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You can't skip the commentary. The whole thing just felt thrown together and lazy. The campaign didn't stand out as something related to Porsche, I mean almost none of the AI were Porsche cars lol. In fact if I didn't know better I would have ended up thinking the pack was related to Ferrari cause that is what showed up more then anything else in the later races.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 11, 2016

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

BCRock posted:

It's already been pointed out that they aren't all cars from 4. How exactly do they make the Porsche pack races "different" from the campaign when the entire game is just cars racing on tracks without doing dumb poo poo like the aforementioned moon racing?

Would you have been happier if they didn't add any of the commentary? It's some neat history for people who care about it and if you don't you can just ignore or skip it.

It's a bunch of great cars and an awesome track, plus a whole set of single player races and a league. I'm not sure what else you expect for $20.

I happily spent $20 of my own money just so I can race those cars and VIR, and gave away the review code on Twitter. The 718 RS 60 is almost worth it alone.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I hate when I lazily throw together extremely detailed models of cars and give them to loyal fans for the price of a moderately expensive lunch

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

I hate when I lazily throw together extremely detailed models of cars and give them to loyal fans for the price of a moderately expensive lunch

Neither of these things are relevant. They don't matter and have nothing to do with anything.

So the counter arguments so far have been "I spent a monies" and "sure am glad they did a thing" :downs: okay lol.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Mar 11, 2016

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I like the DLC

Stupid game. I ended up buying VIR in iRacing cuz I like the track so much.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Well, they're Porsches so Turn 10 just had to model 1 car and 12 spoilers

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

PhancyPants posted:

Well, they're Porsches so Turn 10 just had to model 1 car and 12 spoilers

I do like the way you can turn a 930 into a 964...

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
The DLC is worth having and fine. Was it worth $20? That's another question.

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?

I said come in! posted:

Neither of these things are relevant. They don't matter and have nothing to do with anything.

So the counter arguments so far have been "I spent a monies" and "sure am glad they did a thing" :downs: okay lol.

ISCI doesn't like a thing, I'm shocked.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

FAILURE posted:

Well. It's not GT. Duh

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

I said come in! posted:

You can't skip the commentary. The whole thing just felt thrown together and lazy. The campaign didn't stand out as something related to Porsche, I mean almost none of the AI were Porsche cars lol. In fact if I didn't know better I would have ended up thinking the pack was related to Ferrari cause that is what showed up more then anything else in the later races.

Your posting feels thrown together and lazy. I want a refund.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FAILURE posted:

lmao it doesn't take much to turn you guys into whiny cunts. What happened between Forza 4 and now that made you all such miserable human beings? The Forza goon group use to be so chill.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

I said come in! posted:

lmao it doesn't take much to turn you guys into whiny cunts. What happened between Forza 4 and now that made you all such miserable human beings? The Forza goon group use to be so chill.

Forza 5 happened. But seriously, no one's being whiny. You're allowed to hate the DLC. You're allowed to like it too. Maybe it's lazily put together. Maybe it's overpriced. Whatever. It's just an internet forum where people throw out sarcastic remarks and sometimes insult each other for humor. Don't take it so seriously.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I like the DLC and I love VIR. However, having VIR as part of the DLC kind of sucks because I would love to race it online with something other than a Porsche. It's a great track and lots of fun. Unless you are playing one of the Patriot tracks online, then it's just a clusterfuck.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I CANT BE MAD ABOUT ANYTHING EVER AGAIN

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Wait where the gently caress did this come from :stare::fh:. I was wrong about them waiting until April.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
Man I need to get back into this game. Haven't picked up the Porsche set yet and that pack above looks excellent

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Man we just need the Sauber Mercedes, Nissan R90C and a Toyota 90C to have a rad group c race. The XJR-9 is one of my all time fav racecars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Is that a fuggin' OPEL GT??

• Locked thread