Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Second year in a row I am seeing Streetlight in Boston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Remember their final tour?

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

Fateo McMurray posted:

I do, I was at their "last show"

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Fateo McMurray posted:

Also remember when they stopped touring so they could focus on releasing music faster?

It’s been three years since The Hands That Thieve, we’re on track for another Streetlight album sometime this year or next, hopefully. That was the time between each of SitB, 99SOR, and THtT

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CodfishCartographer posted:

Also remember when they stopped touring so they could focus on releasing music faster?

It’s been three years since The Hands That Thieve, we’re on track for another Streetlight album sometime this year or next, hopefully. That was the time between each of SitB, 99SOR, and THtT

Maybe. Think it depends if they are free from Victory and the result of the law suit.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Thanks for not coming to Philly, Streetlight

jerks :mad:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Can you blame them? It IS Philly, and they've already had their poo poo stolen (twice?)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

aricoarena posted:

I do, I was at their "last show"

I went to the added Thursday show at Starland when Tomas opened for his own band and covered his own songs in the ultimate troll

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
At this show right now. It is extremely cool. Tiny, tiny pub venue in regional Australia.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

tnimark posted:

At this show right now. It is extremely cool. Tiny, tiny pub venue in regional Australia.

That lineup rules, and I love the thing about aggressive dickheads not being tolerated

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIqLz6LqMsU

I'm assuming this has been posted before, but how about the Aquabats?

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

Poodge posted:

I'm assuming this has been posted before, but how about the Aquabats?

I think, "Yo Check out this ride!" and everything after has been terrible. Their live shows don't have enough horns and there are all these kids there that know all the words to the new songs that are not as good as the old songs! My friends stole my cd that had CD Repo Man on it. I'm a cranky old man who likes there music from when they were still a ska band.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

counterpoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtlHz9PZS-8

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
All of Charge!! is great.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The Aquabats have always been great and while the new stuff isn't my favorite it's cool that the kids love it. Yo Gabba Gabba is great and the Super Show loving ruled.

Also the time they showed up on Loveline was funny as hell.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

Skeezy posted:

The Aquabats have always been great and while the new stuff isn't my favorite it's cool that the kids love it. Yo Gabba Gabba is great and the Super Show loving ruled.

Also the time they showed up on Loveline was funny as hell.

Same. I just wish they still made music I enjoyed.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lessthankyle posted:

All of Charge!! is great.

yo for REAL

their last album was butts but man charge is fantastic

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

goddamn everyone in mephiskapheles is old as poo poo and it's awesome

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i love bumblebee tuna

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Dandy Kaiser posted:

i love bumblebee tuna

Who doesn't? Just need Saba and I'll be happy.

Edit: and now I'm happy.

Hackan Slash fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 10, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

this is the concert where I realized I'm too old

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

new york ska crowds fuckin suck

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Skeezy posted:

It's music that doesn't suck that I can happily listen to with my kids. They adore Shark Fighter and Pink Pants and BFFS.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Dandy Kaiser posted:

new york ska crowds fuckin suck

Dunno about the crowd, but the venue for that show really sucked. Also, I just really cannot get into Westbound Train.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Dandy Kaiser posted:

goddamn everyone in mephiskapheles is old as poo poo and it's awesome

Aw man I just realized they aren't the opener for both nights.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I really dig Westbound Train, they're like all jazzy and poo poo and the singer is a fatty

I like Highline a lot, actually; it's very intimate without being super tiny, kinda like a smaller Irving Plaza but the stage is way closer. I saw K-OS/Shad/Astronautalis, Streetlight (EGN full album show), and Houston Calls there and all three shows were really good; I've never seen a bad show there. I just hate loving 20 year olds who think the pit at a ska show is the same thing as a pit at a metal show and want to jump around like idiots and hit women in the face I want to dance you dickheads I'm old and poo poo and I don't want to get knocked over

Mollymauk posted:

Aw man I just realized they aren't the opener for both nights.

this first guy was good but I spent the whole time wishing he was Dan P. I have no idea who the middle act is

e: I'm the guy in the wu tang shirt and the checkered cap with the FIF/bosstones/bedouin soundclash pins if you want to stand next to a stranger from the internet

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 11, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Apparently the opening act was Mikey Erg, who is a name I've definitely heard before but don't think I've actually listened to. He was v good

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
You've never listened to The Ergs dude oh man

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

If you've never listened to The Ergs you should change that immediately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd2QaToReGc

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

aw yuss

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I really dig Westbound Train, they're like all jazzy and poo poo and the singer is a fatty

I like Highline a lot, actually; it's very intimate without being super tiny, kinda like a smaller Irving Plaza but the stage is way closer. I saw K-OS/Shad/Astronautalis, Streetlight (EGN full album show), and Houston Calls there and all three shows were really good; I've never seen a bad show there. I just hate loving 20 year olds who think the pit at a ska show is the same thing as a pit at a metal show and want to jump around like idiots and hit women in the face I want to dance you dickheads I'm old and poo poo and I don't want to get knocked over

this first guy was good but I spent the whole time wishing he was Dan P. I have no idea who the middle act is

e: I'm the guy in the wu tang shirt and the checkered cap with the FIF/bosstones/bedouin soundclash pins if you want to stand next to a stranger from the internet

I'm sorry I missed this as my phone was off for the show. Judging by the other people it was a good one for random strangers meeting. I wonder why last night had a bunch of youngings tonight seemed to be mostly old dudes.

Also gently caress that dude for not singing Johnny Quest.

Mollymauk fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Mar 11, 2016

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I'm mostly bitter because they didn't have bag check, didn't sell earplugs, and they kept that weird line of couches in the back. I'm old and grumpy about things.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Mollymauk posted:

I wonder why last night had a bunch of youngings tonight seemed to be mostly old dudes.

Judging by which albums they played on each night I would have guessed the opposite :iiam:

Mollymauk posted:

Also gently caress that dude for not singing Johnny Quest.

:agreed:

lessthankyle posted:

I'm mostly bitter because they didn't have bag check, didn't sell earplugs, and they kept that weird line of couches in the back. I'm old and grumpy about things.

The couches were weird. I don't remember them being there the last time i was there

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
I had to leave before encore last night, what did they play?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Gainesville Rock City was the only song that mattered so don't worry about it.

someone let me know when they do the Borders and Boundaries full album show

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

lessthankyle posted:

I had to leave before encore last night, what did they play?

Good Enough
Johnny Quest thinks we're sellouts(instead of liquor store)
Science of selling yourself short
Plastic cup politics
The rest of my life
Gainesville Rock City

Also apropos to this thread I went into a random bar after the show and this well dressed dude saw my Asob broke up again shirt and just started talking about how great Jeff is.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Mollymauk posted:

Plastic cup politics

oh yeah and this one

Mollymauk posted:

Johnny Quest thinks we're sellouts(instead of liquor store)

BULLSHIT

Mollymauk posted:

Also apropos to this thread I went into a random bar after the show and this well dressed dude saw my Asob broke up again shirt and just started talking about how great Jeff is.

not bullshit

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris Farren looks smaller than I remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004