Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Roland Jones posted:

That, or it is a substitute (Cio can use the Art as well, after all) who is both more pleasant on the eyes than Mottom and who puts on a better show. Either way, wow.

Nah, look at the magical crown while she casts. Totally her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"gently caress me? gently caress me? no, gently caress you. be a tree immediately."

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Berk Berkly posted:

Brilliant bit of artistic cruelty. I love it.

Mottom doesn't even let the rebellious King die a martyr death, instead turning him into a suffering symbol of her overwhelming power and rule with a spark of refined sadistic irony. It shows you just how adept these Demiurges are at being godlike oppressors. She's probably seen something similiar to this before, plausibly many many times, and enjoys the opportunity to demonstrate her flair for dramatic subjugation.

Mottom pooched it a thousand years ago when some other dude did the same song and dance and all she could come up with at the time was mumbled swearing and an explosion, and she's been waiting all that time to deploy the ironic punishment she thought up less than five seconds after the fact

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

pseudorandom name posted:

Of course he's conscious, he wouldn't feel the terrible pain of his fruit being torn away otherwise.

"These apples are great, but I really wish the tree didn't scream every time I picked one"

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Incredible. :golfclap:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

mr. stefan posted:

Mottom pooched it a thousand years ago when some other dude did the same song and dance and all she could come up with at the time was mumbled swearing and an explosion, and she's been waiting all that time to deploy the ironic punishment she thought up less than five seconds after the fact

lol

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

I wonder if that's how she makes all those beautiful trees in her palace.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

killsixbilliondemons posted:

Q. do all demons reproduce via liquor + alcohol

A. The Black Flame is corrosive and parasitic, it eventually turns all matter it contacts with into more devils. This means anyone who’s ever made a pact with a devil will eventually be consumed by the black flame. That’s not as bad as you think, because eventually means after they die in almost 100% of cases.

Fun fact: devils don’t strictly need to eat, and can subsist off tobacco and alcohol, which is why you see so many of them indulging.
(http://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/post/140927901400/)

stab stabby
Mar 23, 2009

mr. stefan posted:

Hoping it goes one step further, and Mottom has the bones of his people crushed into fertilizer for him.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

http://dantesinferno.wikia.com/wiki/Wood_of_the_Suicides

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Beset move would be to make like a Pryan Sor and get outta there.

What I want to know is does he need to take root to survive or what. I mean right now he's on solid floor.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Gnome de plume posted:

What I want to know is does he need to take root to survive or what. I mean right now he's on solid floor.

She did say his punishment was eternal, so he probably doesn't need soil or water.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Gnome de plume posted:

Beset move would be to make like a Pryan Sor and get outta there.

She just turned a dude into a tree by waving her hand, repotting is probably not going to be an issue.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

I cannot get over Mottom's expression in the last panel. That is some god-tier smugging.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

If you're as old as the Demiurges are, you either enjoy your life or have gone insane.

Zoss? Super into building model boats in bottles.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nah, just regular boats in bottles

e: clarification, also regular bottles

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
"Model" as in the platonic idea of the boat, a dire symbol which bleeds forth the fevered dreams of boatwrights across the Wheel.

He also likes golf.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

SexyBlindfold posted:

guest comic by that guy from The Wotch

I hate that I know what this means. :-(

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Haystack posted:

Reach heaven through xylem.

:captainpop:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

I'm loving the guy standing next to Pyran Sor.

Clearly incredibly stoked that he's finally getting to use his Unfolding Rose Opens All Caskets martial arts training.

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/709975928911298564

:sigh:

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
"Hey bro, wanna go to the mad Queen's offering ceremony and totally stick it to her?"

"HELL YA MAN!"

"SWEET! I'm gonna make like a tree and le-"

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Say what you will, she's got style.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
They are Royalty, and their breath is Destruction

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Archenteron posted:

They are Royalty, and their breath is Destruction

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-4-67/

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Perish? No.

For you, you will

BLOSSOM

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

That's what you get for sending a flower child.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

She is so stylish :allears:

I really wonder if Allison is rethinking her life choices at this point.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
She's definitely rethinking a frontal assault, at least.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Savage.

Maybe Allison can get Om to choke on a pretzel or something.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

gently caress

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

We can retire, the best pun has been found in a Haystack.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

RAA
AAAA!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
New official RPG update has some neat stuff in the lore section and details the Art in better detail. The Red Art is altering materials into other materials (See: Cio and her origami creations), the White Art is altering oneself (making yourself super strong, giving yourself super senses, etc.), Red-White is altering others (See: everything Mottom does), and Black is creating something from nothing.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Loving this little bit from the tumblr:

quote:

In my travels, I came across an obscure, unconquered world. I was surprised to find a book which contained an account of the life of God-King Solomon David, who even in this backwater, which knew nothing of the Concordance or the Wheel, was regarded as a paragon of wisdom! To demonstrate this, it told the tale of two prostitutes who came before him with a babe, each claiming it as their own. The God-King rendered a judgement that amazed all who witnessed. How close is this tale to the truth?

Very true. I believe the well-known story was that Solomon offered to split the babe in two for fairness’ sake, and when the real mother began to cry, Solomon knew who was telling the truth.

In fact, I was recounted the true story of this incident by a traveling peddler. Solomon was very kind to both women and listened to their concerns, leaving them with the promise of the assignment of a high imperial clerk to their case. The clerk quickly determined in no time at all through the well-organized imperial intelligence service that one of the prostitutes had a liason with a minor but decorated officer of the third legion some time ago. Questioning the officer uncovered very quickly the true identity of the baby’s mother, who were notified and brought to one of the world courts at haste. It had scarcely been a day.

Since lying in the court is a serious offense, the false mother was sentenced and executed later that day. Since copulating with an acting officer is a serious offense, the true mother was sentenced to six months of hard labor, her child was taken as a ward of the state, and her lover, the officer in question, was discharged from the imperial military, had his citizenship revoked, and died of complications from syphilis a year later, or so I hear.

The true mother is doing better, I’ve heard she is a clerk now, and her education was paid for by the crown.

She will still never get her child back.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
And for the people of the seven-part world, that is the best case scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Loving this little bit from the tumblr:

Thanks, Solobamamon