Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Meinberg posted:

Imagine if you had to choose to vote between Aaron Burr and Frederick North, the Lord North. It is truly sad what these United States have become.

Well surely Congress will stop a madman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Man, I just had a great roasted baby octopus at an Italian place, it miraculously wasn't slammed with drunk St. Patrick's day people

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Is the deadline tonight?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
There's a deadline in this game?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##extend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owSn8IYQUks

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
There better be deadlines! I have to successfully perform 14 night actions to win the game.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meinberg posted:

There better be deadlines! I have to successfully perform 14 night actions to win the game.

wow what a slip of not being town or cool. my vote for you stands. also have you seen anime called attack on titan? its on netflix i saw like 2 episodes today

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

imgay posted:

wow what a slip of not being town or cool. my vote for you stands. also have you seen anime called attack on titan? its on netflix i saw like 2 episodes today

I'm more of a third party, emphasis on the party. Attack on Titan is pretty cool, and I recommend both it and the manga.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

This is the view from where I am right now

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's awesome.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This is the view from where I am right now

:yeah:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I fell off my scooter today and now I am in paaaaaain :(

I was going downhill and I braked on a slick surface and fwoop down I went.

aside from my shin being scraped up I am not otherwise injured, but my scooter developed a few minor problems (the alignment is a little off, the turn signals take a second to start flashing from when I hit the lever, the mirrors got a little janked). I need to probably get the tires replaced in general since the guy this week said they were getting a little bald and I should take care of that "soon."

I am supposed to go snowshoeing tomorrow but my leg is hurting from the fall but the sunk cost fallacy is kicking in because I spent $40 at REI renting snowshoes and I want my money's worth, and I don't think my leg hurts that badly, so who knows.

anyway chat game that is my story.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel like I just wasted an hour reading your story

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

imgay posted:

I feel like I just wasted an hour reading your story

I am sorry you feel that way.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

The extension is rejected!

The Day has ended in a no-cuddle! How nice!

Please submit night actions!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Nobody has died N1!

You gather in the foyer of the world to again hang out and chill.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (15): AnonymousNarcotics, Asiina, BottleKnight, CCKeane, chaoslord, Doktor Per, EccoRaven, Hal Incandenza, HiipFire, imgay, Max, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Meinberg, Opopanax, Power of Pecota

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 14th, 2016 at 8 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Just a chill game i'm having a chill time chilling

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Well, yeah.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
##vote imgay

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hiipfire you've seemed pretty frustrated this game. Can I help you chill out at all? Can I buy you some sort of Dutch 'za?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am surprised that I don't have a lightning rod ability.

Quidnose give me a lightning rod ability, for I shall fly my kite.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

BottleKnight posted:

Hiipfire you've seemed pretty frustrated this game. Can I help you chill out at all? Can I buy you some sort of Dutch 'za?

nahh man im down to chill

but im also down to mafia

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote poque

not changing this vote today

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

HiipFire posted:

nahh man im down to chill

but im also down to mafia

its quite the dillema

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
my body hates me for I have betrayed it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

How so?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
ecco story time!

on april 1st 2009, someone left a daffodil on the seat of my scooter. I thought it was adorable, but remembering the date I figured it was a gift from my romantic partner at the time, who detested sappy romantic gestures but would be happy to sarcastically do one as a fun prank. sort of a, "aren't you glad we're not like those couples?" kind of thing, especially since we were living together so my scooter was right out front of their building.

it turns out, though, that it wasn't from them. "that's gross, I wouldn't even do it in jest." I asked my big sister if it was from her since she had been around, and she said no, that she had a different prank scheduled for me later in the day. I asked a few other friends but nobody seemed to have any idea (or if they did they were keeping quiet).

the next morning (2 Apr) there was another flower on my seat. I was genuinely flattered, but it brought my partner into a jealous tizzy; "who's the gently caress trying to steal you from me??" I wrote a note on my facebook thanking whoever was doing it but asking them to please identify themselves or stop, but still nobody came forward.

I received another flower the next evening, but it was from some of my friends doing a prank (I caught them in the act), and to this day they insist it wasn't them, and they don't know who it is either.

I received a third and final flower from my anonymous suitor about a week later. I kept the flowers in a cup of water. I still have no idea who gave them to me, not even an inkling of a suspicion. But it was very sweet, and remains one of my happy memories in my life.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 14, 2016

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

RIP Charlotte

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

ecco story time!

on april 1st 2009, someone left a daffodil on the seat of my scooter. I thought it was adorable, but remembering the date I figured it was a gift from my romantic partner at the time, who detested sappy romantic gestures but would be happy to sarcastically do one as a fun prank. sort of a, "aren't you glad we're not like those couples?" kind of thing, especially since we were living together so my scooter was right out front of their building.

it turns out, though, that it wasn't from them. "that's gross, I wouldn't even do it in jest." I asked my big sister if it was from her since she had been around, and she said no, that she had a different prank scheduled for me later in the day. I asked a few other friends but nobody seemed to have any idea (or if they did they were keeping quiet).

the next morning (2 Apr) there was another flower on my seat. I was genuinely flattered, but it brought my partner into a jealous tizzy; "who's the gently caress trying to steal you from me??" I wrote a note on my facebook thanking whoever was doing it but asking them to please identify themselves or stop, but still nobody came forward.

I received another flower the next evening, but it was from some of my friends doing a prank (I caught them in the act), and to this day they insist it wasn't them, and they don't know who it is either.

I received a third and final flower from my anonymous suitor about a week later. I kept the flowers in a cup of water. I still have no idea who gave them to me, not even an inkling of a suspicion. But it was very sweet, and remains one of my happy memories in my life.

Flowers are quite cool. I've never gotten one before, but I've given out a few in my time.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wnqvAKZKtE

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

Meinberg posted:

Flowers are quite cool. I've never gotten one before, but I've given out a few in my time.

I've given a few and been the recipient a couple of times. Getting flowers is the nicest way to be reminded of one's own mortality. :blush:

In recent years I've gotten more negative towards flower giving. They are beautiful things and it seems like such a shame to cut their life short. I once grew flowers in my apartment, but I got shut down by the police and was taken to court where I admitted all of my crimes to avoid jail time. This was at a time when the former Prime Minister was being judged with criminal negligence in his job as PM after the financial crash. Somehow it shocked me that I got a harsher sentence than he did. That was not chill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfrF-pykQtU

##extend

I would also like to thank Ecco for running the first game of Mafia I played in for a really long time, and the first one that made me excited to play more. After there had been some struggles with people flip flopping on actions, I kept on pestering her the one night I could do anything with my constant indecision.

##lovevote eccoraven

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
way to bury the lede, there's a story here doktor perr and I am curious about it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My favorite flower is flour, which can be tuned into a delightful cake!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My dad invents new flowers.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

EccoRaven posted:

way to bury the lede, there's a story here doktor perr and I am curious about it.

Story time!

Many many years ago, I was in a relationship with an american girl. I lived in Iceland, she on the west coast. We'd each visited one another, it was super expensive so we decided to tie the knot and I would move there. I put in my three month's notice, looked at my juicy savings account and then the financial crash happened a month before I was to leave.
I lived in Iceland, our currency got way more hosed than the dollar and was in free fall for a while, so all of my savings got cut by half. I stay in the states in a doomed marriage for a year and a half, struggling to find any work (this was northern California and she had zero friends / contacts) and just surviving. I met many wonderful people. Anyway, marriage fails, I come back to Iceland, can't find a job probably because I quit my last job and then had a 18 month and growing gap in employment and rapidly deteriorating mental health.
I reach a point where I'm probably going to become homeless and doubt I'll get anywhere if I don't do college which I can't afford and an opportunity arises for me to grow weed. I loving jump on it, anything's better than the streets. Two days after the first harvest (about twenty two plants) is hung up to dry, cops burst into my apartment, without a warrant and harass me to sign that I allowed them to search the apartment. They take everything. I try to commit suicide a couple of months later after having totally isolated myself, get put into a mental ward for two weeks. At that point I stopped being dangerous towards myself and was instead dangerous towards everyone because of the meds they put me on.
I become homeless for a while, and about a year and a half after the police dropped by, I get my day in court. Which is about half an hour, and get judged to pay for case costs (not legal costs thankfully). I did not have a lawyer, as if I understood things correctly (based on what I was told), I would have to pay for legal services myself. If I could not afford it, the government would lend me the money. After my day in court, I see the PM on the news calling his sentence a political assassination and a gross misuse of justice against his own person. He literally got a slap on the wrist, without the physical punishment. There were no fees, just that he was guilty of criminal negligence, when it was provable he knew poo poo was hosed way in advanced and did nothing.
I lost a lot of faith in the police and the justice system. I admitted my crimes because it was the honest thing to do, up until that point I'd only had good experiences with the police. A few years later the police shot and killed a mentally unhinged man and I remember thinking "that could have been me." It was extra notable because it was probably the first time in the history of our republic that the police shot someone to death. Still to this day, I like flowers. But nowadays I prefer them to pigs.

This was my flower story.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
jeepers gosh golly

thank you for sharing! I am sorry all that happened to you.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If I had a flower, I would give it to Dok Per.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

If I had a flower, I would give it to Dok Per.

You could offer a lovevote, it's the next best thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh yeah!

##lovevote DokPer

• Locked thread