Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoreDuo
Mar 20, 2015

McFrugal posted:

Well, you don't really need a centrifuge for that. You can smelt purified/impure cobaltite dust into ingot form then macerate the ingot.

You get the cobaltite dust and extra cobalt dust by putting it through the centrifuge. You don't have to by any means but I had the centrifuge from an earlier experiment, it doesn't take that much power, and it's pretty fast. The cobaltite you can't actually use for the recipe unless you have an electrolyzer that splits out the pure cobalt. The cobaltite dust is still worth keeping around for tools and stuff though.

EDIT: I edit my posts too much.

CoreDuo fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Mar 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Well, the nether in NH is pretty interesting. It's got some biomes in it from Mars, which means evolved zombies and spiders spawn there. Also, grass. Exciting! Inconvenient for mining, however.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Technic platform question: There are lots of tweaks being released for New Horizons but I've made config tweaks across multiple files (easing hunger requirements, removing chisel damage, etc) and added a mod or two of my own. Is there any way I can update to the newer version on Technic and not have to re-make all those changes? I assume updating will revert most of my changes, and I'm not sure how to keep track of all the tweaks at this point.
Maybe I'm just being obsessive.

CoreDuo
Mar 20, 2015

McFrugal posted:

Well, the nether in NH is pretty interesting. It's got some biomes in it from Mars, which means evolved zombies and spiders spawn there. Also, grass. Exciting! Inconvenient for mining, however.

I haven't seen a lot of the nether because luckily I spawned in a tunnel that I immediately sealed off and started digging up to find ore veins.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

Technic platform question: There are lots of tweaks being released for New Horizons but I've made config tweaks across multiple files (easing hunger requirements, removing chisel damage, etc) and added a mod or two of my own. Is there any way I can update to the newer version on Technic and not have to re-make all those changes? I assume updating will revert most of my changes, and I'm not sure how to keep track of all the tweaks at this point.
Maybe I'm just being obsessive.

Yeah I have the same problem. What you can do is copy your old configs somewhere and then run a comparison tool of some sort to see what's been changed in the new configs. Then you just edit your old configs to reflect the update's changes, while keeping your (more extensive, I assume) personal changes.

CoreDuo posted:

I haven't seen a lot of the nether because luckily I spawned in a tunnel that I immediately sealed off and started digging up to find ore veins.

Well don't get me wrong, it's not super dangerous. You just can't wander the nether as freely as usual, even taking into account heatscar spiders. And Phantoms.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

McFrugal posted:

Yeah I have the same problem. What you can do is copy your old configs somewhere and then run a comparison tool of some sort to see what's been changed in the new configs. Then you just edit your old configs to reflect the update's changes, while keeping your (more extensive, I assume) personal changes.
I was afraid of that. My main problem is I always forget which configs I've changed, and I can't just sort by date modified because the game itself updates the config files after loading. Oh well, I just need to keep better records.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Khorne posted:

The best way is to just have a reason for the player to use different mods.

Having power be a consideration instead of "infinity because TE has upgrades so any mod with a tree farm breaks it completely to infinite rf in your first 3 hours of play and big reactors exists and some of the generators from that one mod are overpowered and mekanism has zany multipliers on hydrogen sometimes which can easily provide hundreds of thousands of extra rf/tick" could be cool too, but being power limited sort of blows. It should more of an infrastructure thing where you want to add a bit more to your power setup rather than a "I have to figure out how to make sure these machines aren't on at once" tedium thing. Like maybe you start with the caveman burn coal tech, then you setup a tree farm, but the rf output from that is limited enough that you want to then gain access to some other power tech and add that on. Something like that would be cool. I mean any way to limit it would be cool, even if it's something stupid like the steam generator's output is capped at x rf/t no matter how much it generates, I don't really know I haven't given this much thought but there are certainly many approaches to a tiered or expanding power system.

The problem with the power mods is that its a case of - set up power output A, get resources build Power output B and get rid of Power Output A as not needed any more.

What we need is a Modular Power system where you make a Small coal powered generator, Then Add a Fluid Fuel upgrade, then put that unit into a multiblock as a controller, then change the form of the multiblock to change it say from Coalfired -> Oil -> Gas -> Fission -> Fusion -> ZPM (Zero Point Module)

needing higher tier for each level but using the existing production setup as part of the new so you see it as a real upgrade of power and not a replacement.

CoreDuo
Mar 20, 2015

McFrugal posted:

Well don't get me wrong, it's not super dangerous. You just can't wander the nether as freely as usual, even taking into account heatscar spiders. And Phantoms.

Well, I wasn't taking any chances because I've been wandering around without a sword for a long time. Just hitting whatever mobs I encounter with my shovel. It does the most damage out of my tools and it's therapeutic.

TheresaJayne posted:

The problem with the power mods is that its a case of - set up power output A, get resources build Power output B and get rid of Power Output A as not needed any more.

What we need is a Modular Power system where you make a Small coal powered generator, Then Add a Fluid Fuel upgrade, then put that unit into a multiblock as a controller, then change the form of the multiblock to change it say from Coalfired -> Oil -> Gas -> Fission -> Fusion -> ZPM (Zero Point Module)

needing higher tier for each level but using the existing production setup as part of the new so you see it as a real upgrade of power and not a replacement.

That reminds me of the Universal Electricity mods. I kind of miss them.

CoreDuo fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 12, 2016

CoreDuo
Mar 20, 2015
Accidental double post. poo poo.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
How are you in the Nether but you don't have a sword yet?

CoreDuo
Mar 20, 2015

Vib Rib posted:

How are you in the Nether but you don't have a sword yet?

Because I'm lazy. No other reason really. I've slept through the night every time I'm away from my base so I haven't needed to fight much of anything. I have to be very careful in the nether though because mining GT ores makes pigmen angry. I only went to the nether because it's the only place I could feasibly find zinc and I needed it to make the cutting machine.

CoreDuo fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 12, 2016

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

CoreDuo posted:

Because I'm lazy. No other reason really. I've slept through the night every time I'm away from my base so I haven't needed to fight much of anything. I have to be very careful in the nether though because mining GT ores makes pigmen angry. I only went to the nether because it's the only place I could feasibly find zinc and I needed it to make the cutting machine.

You should make a tcon sword! It'll level up.
Longswords are awesome for jumping around, and rapiers will handle any heavily armored mobs you come across. Like Tough Spiders, ugh.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

McFrugal posted:

That smells like biome ID conflicts to me, to be honest.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

Im bit of a sucker for solar. Bit that is pretty lacking. It does use the lower tier stuff to make the higher tiers, but there is no increase in power. II = 8x I and has the same power just in 1 block as opposed to 8, and that carries on up the chain. But you are adding more and more resources to make the higher tier stuff.

So i pretty much stop at II or III as the resources just arent worth it.

As for this furry pack. Its good and bad.

From what little ive still seen, it covers all the mods in the pack, gets you to make stuff (like i never bother with carpenters, but now i see what it can do i might) But it doesnt go any further than build it.

No real direction on how to use stuff. I mean its not really possible to indentify if you do make a lab with the blocks and put the machines in there so no rewards.

Also the pack doesnt lead you anywhere. There is no connection between making machines and making cables to run power (at least not what ive seen, they are both discreet)

Ive also found you hit walls/gates in one section that i know are covered in another. Which is a problem, because the pack is so big I have no idea what parts im half way through a 5 step quest line that's buried knee deep in some other quest line.

And sometimes you just hit a wall that seems impossible to get over. (I need treated planks for some part of something im making. Treated planked need creiwhatever oil from a coke oven. No coke oven rec in NEI. Neither standard recs work to make the bricks.

Rocko, has there been much change in BFSR in the past months to warrant me starting a new game to test it all out? I think my last update on that after xmas

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Awwww, apparently the mars biome in the Nether really is a biome ID conflict. Specifically, Visceral Heap is being overwritten by Mars.

On an unrelated note, has anyone found a silverwood in NH? I was looking in Twilight Forest for one and didn't find any. They usually show up in Enchanted Forest, and despite finding a good-sized area of it I didn't find any trees.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Mar 12, 2016

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Meskhenet posted:

Rocko, has there been much change in BFSR in the past months to warrant me starting a new game to test it all out? I think my last update on that after xmas

Not in anything stable. Around the holidays, I added stuff, but I had since been more in a polish mode with the base pack. The beta is where I am being stupid crazy and doing everything new. I am hoping that with demo rigs that I can realistically expect beginners to now be able to do the more advanced stuff like:
AE2 autocrafting
AE2 spatial storage
Post-rocket galacticraft
3x ore processing
Steam turbines

...along with some other crap. However, I have spent most of my time getting the tutorial dimension to load and getting around mod conflicts.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

McFrugal posted:

Awwww, apparently the mars biome in the Nether really is a biome ID conflict. Specifically, Visceral Heap is being overwritten by Mars.

On an unrelated note, has anyone found a silverwood in NH? I was looking in Twilight Forest for one and didn't find any. They usually show up in Enchanted Forest, and despite finding a good-sized area of it I didn't find any trees.

Yeah, I've managed to find several but in the main dimension instead of Twilight Forest. I did cheat and zoom around in creative mode to find it across these large swathes of Mushroom Island biome that make up a large portion of my known world for some reason. Still have to find a sacred sapling though, no idea where to look.

Still only minimally Steam tier because my bronze is going towards the blast furnace. Fortunately found a large vein of Tetrahedrite just outside the portal in the Nether so I don't need to rely on ProjectRed ores or Malachite from an Iron vein to supply me with copper. I was going to ask how people were supplying water for their steam but I remembered the Railcraft water tanks from Regrowth and apparently a multiblock quest I kept overlooking. Thankfully I'm settled in a Swamp so passive water collection is only slightly beaten by a couple other biomes (including Mushroom Island!).

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I can't help but notice how bad Gregtech machines are about distribution VS say, Thermal Expansion. Like if you have two steam boilers hooked up to a pipe that supplies machines, the pipes will completely drain one boiler before taking any steam out of the other. Which is dumb, because the other steam boiler, in the meantime, could boil over (reach max steam capacity) at which point it vents 1/3rd of its entire capacity at once, wasting it. Also, water and steam distribution by pipes is so hazy that I couldn't figure out why one of my machines kept stopping until I realized that, despite actual appearances, my pipes weren't big enough to support a fast enough steam throughput and the machine was using steam faster than it was getting it.

Also be super careful when piping water to your steam machines, because if a water pipe next to a boiler runs dry it will fill up with steam instead and catch everything nearby on fire. The only safe way I found is to hook up boilers to water from underneath -- they can't output steam downward, so this prevents pipe confusion.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

I can't help but notice how bad Gregtech machines are about distribution VS say, Thermal Expansion.

You're comparing a good mod to a mod literally designed to be as frustrating and difficult as possible

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Right, but for as up its own rear end as it is about this kind of thing I would have thought at least the interior systems functioned correctly.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Vib Rib posted:

I can't help but notice how bad Gregtech machines are about distribution VS say, Thermal Expansion. Like if you have two steam boilers hooked up to a pipe that supplies machines, the pipes will completely drain one boiler before taking any steam out of the other. Which is dumb, because the other steam boiler, in the meantime, could boil over (reach max steam capacity) at which point it vents 1/3rd of its entire capacity at once, wasting it. Also, water and steam distribution by pipes is so hazy that I couldn't figure out why one of my machines kept stopping until I realized that, despite actual appearances, my pipes weren't big enough to support a fast enough steam throughput and the machine was using steam faster than it was getting it.

Also be super careful when piping water to your steam machines, because if a water pipe next to a boiler runs dry it will fill up with steam instead and catch everything nearby on fire. The only safe way I found is to hook up boilers to water from underneath -- they can't output steam downward, so this prevents pipe confusion.

I solved the first problem by spending about two and a half stacks of iron on a railcraft Tank. Two stacks gets you the basic tank blocks, and the rest is for two tank valves and the iron tools that inevitably break when crafting. Now I've got a giant steam battery and can use my solar boiler for passive charging!

Related to the GregTech steam stuff: is the default texture pack hosed up or something? there's like four invisible buttons/slots at the bottom of the various machines.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Taffer posted:

This is a lot of really helpful info, thanks. I'm not totally sure I'm going to be able to pull of what I want to, mostly cause I don't have a ton of time, but I'm going to be exploring and testing ideas all along these lines.

I look forward to whatever you do since you have a since of balance that agrees with me...and a supernatural skill at making Minecraft servers/packs that run buttery smooth.

But yeah, at the very least I could see stuff like making certain mods better at some things than other. After all the server's gonna have both EIO and TE minimum knowing you. So for example you could nerf EIO outputs and make it the cheaper, easier to set up and perhaps faster working option for a lot of things and then make TE machines more expensive but once you start making higher version machines they start producing more power/resources that takes a bit more time per process.

Also your Big Reactor nerfs where you make BR need steel was a good idea for stretching things out (says the guy who had the server's first BR reactor + turbine in his redwood tree within a few days on an earlier Progress server :v: ). It could be applied to other things such as AE2. You mentioned not wanting to add tedium as it is a bad thing, and AE2 autocrafting does a lot to strip out tedium but does take a bit of work to set up. What you could do instead would be requiring certain pieces of AE2 machinery to require more expensive components. Such as the Molecular Assembler might need Enderium ingots now to build instead of iron. The power acceptor needs electrum. Any of the redstone doohickeys in AE2 need Signalum. So on and so forth. That way you're not adding additional steps to the mod but you are adding additional required infrastructure and expense to more powerful mods.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Edminster posted:

I solved the first problem by spending about two and a half stacks of iron on a railcraft Tank. Two stacks gets you the basic tank blocks, and the rest is for two tank valves and the iron tools that inevitably break when crafting. Now I've got a giant steam battery and can use my solar boiler for passive charging!
Huh, for some reason I never thought to use a tank to store steam. I forgot it's treated like any fluid.
I need to rehaul my machine layout anyway.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Vib Rib posted:

Huh, for some reason I never thought to use a tank to store steam. I forgot it's treated like any fluid.
I need to rehaul my machine layout anyway.

An emergency railcraft steel tank max size full of steam was my "emergency restart" system for a long time. Stays hot forever and you can pipe it into the system to get power/fuel generation going after a shutdown. 1 Tesseract Channel for Emergency Restart Function is a small price to pay for knowing you can start poo poo up again after your idiot friends blow a hole in the power plant.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Alkydere posted:

I look forward to whatever you do since you have a since of balance that agrees with me...and a supernatural skill at making Minecraft servers/packs that run buttery smooth.

But yeah, at the very least I could see stuff like making certain mods better at some things than other. After all the server's gonna have both EIO and TE minimum knowing you. So for example you could nerf EIO outputs and make it the cheaper, easier to set up and perhaps faster working option for a lot of things and then make TE machines more expensive but once you start making higher version machines they start producing more power/resources that takes a bit more time per process.

Also your Big Reactor nerfs where you make BR need steel was a good idea for stretching things out (says the guy who had the server's first BR reactor + turbine in his redwood tree within a few days on an earlier Progress server :v: ). It could be applied to other things such as AE2. You mentioned not wanting to add tedium as it is a bad thing, and AE2 autocrafting does a lot to strip out tedium but does take a bit of work to set up. What you could do instead would be requiring certain pieces of AE2 machinery to require more expensive components. Such as the Molecular Assembler might need Enderium ingots now to build instead of iron. The power acceptor needs electrum. Any of the redstone doohickeys in AE2 need Signalum. So on and so forth. That way you're not adding additional steps to the mod but you are adding additional required infrastructure and expense to more powerful mods.

Yeah this is along the lines of what I'm thinking currently. Right now I'm toying with the early-game, so far I'm leaving early TE recipes as-is, but gating EIO machines (they are way better) behind steel, made via Railcraft or IE. I may try to gate coke ovens behind something from TE as well, so you have to go TE->steel->EIO. That alone slows down early progression quite a bit, without (i hope) being too tedious, since it still lets you get some basic machines and automation while you're working up through the gates. In addition to that I think I'm going to have Spice of Life on, not to the point that you have to fight with minigaming food for hours, but enough that making a small farm and getting a little kitchen (via cooking for blockheads, which you may remember from Blightfall) is a priority early on. That way you can't just kill 5 cows then mine for hours.

What I'm currently wondering about is how much I want to alter early-game power generation, between TE/EIO/RC/EXU there's plenty of options that you can get up and running super fast, and I'm undecided as to whether I want to slow that down or not. It needs playtesting, which unfortunately right now means just me playing through it, which is pretty slow. But c'est la vie, this is why things are gonna move really slow.

CoreDuo
Mar 20, 2015

McFrugal posted:

http://www.technicpack.net/status/454621

:ninja:

Edminster posted:

Related to the GregTech steam stuff: is the default texture pack hosed up or something? there's like four invisible buttons/slots at the bottom of the various machines.

They're for automation but GT5U disables that on steam machines. For some reason the UI is still there but hidden. You can see what they actually do on the electric versions.

CoreDuo fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 12, 2016

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
You could add Immersive Engineering and have its power generation/storage/distribution be the least expensive option.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I just wanna say that Iron Backpacks is the greatest mod. It was good a few months ago the last time I played, but now it's just fantastic. It's everything you could ever want from a backpack and them some, without bloat.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Taffer posted:

Yeah this is along the lines of what I'm thinking currently. Right now I'm toying with the early-game, so far I'm leaving early TE recipes as-is, but gating EIO machines (they are way better) behind steel, made via Railcraft or IE. I may try to gate coke ovens behind something from TE as well, so you have to go TE->steel->EIO. That alone slows down early progression quite a bit, without (i hope) being too tedious, since it still lets you get some basic machines and automation while you're working up through the gates. In addition to that I think I'm going to have Spice of Life on, not to the point that you have to fight with minigaming food for hours, but enough that making a small farm and getting a little kitchen (via cooking for blockheads, which you may remember from Blightfall) is a priority early on. That way you can't just kill 5 cows then mine for hours.

What I'm currently wondering about is how much I want to alter early-game power generation, between TE/EIO/RC/EXU there's plenty of options that you can get up and running super fast, and I'm undecided as to whether I want to slow that down or not. It needs playtesting, which unfortunately right now means just me playing through it, which is pretty slow. But c'est la vie, this is why things are gonna move really slow.

I'd say you should do minimal gating for early AE2 storage. A monitor, a few wires, 1k chips, ME chests, an energy acceptor and a monitor shouldn't be too expensive to setup. That way you can get basic storage sanity early on. Then start ramping it up so import/export busses and an actual storage drive require invar, EIO electrical steel or something like that until you get controllers and assemblers require TE's enderium or EIO's ender alloy (perhaps maybe the latter if EIO's the "higher tech" tech mod). Perhaps even mix stuff around so that later tier tech stuff (AE2 or EIO or TE or anything else really) starts requiring more resources from other mods, like you might need terrasteel or *snickers* thaumium to upgrade EIO/AE2/TE/other tech mod stuff (Just a joke, I know how much you hate any version of Thaumcraft, especially 1.7's versions). That way players need a wider tech base, or to trade with other people.

If you can perhaps you can/should edit it so that when upgraded a Pulverizer may be slower but is energy cheaper and provides more secondary outputs than an EIO SAG mill, but the SAG mill is faster and provides more primary materials. That way there's hopefully a trade off and maybe even a use to use both.

Also, for some reason I have a silly idea of cooking AE2 processors in Railcraft coke ovens. Cheaper resource wise and you can do it at a lower tech level and kinda like the old AE processor recipe, but takes for goddamned ever and you'll be glad to beat yourself over the head with inscribers ASAP to automate it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Taffer posted:

I just wanna say that Iron Backpacks is the greatest mod. It was good a few months ago the last time I played, but now it's just fantastic. It's everything you could ever want from a backpack and them some, without bloat.
I love it but it doesn't work right for me. More than once I've had it glitch out and lost the backpack I was wearing as a result.

The first time I was playing singleplayer and was out adventuring when I realized I couldn't open or take off my gold-tier backpack. I tried restarting and a number of other things but nothing worked. I could put a new backpack on (even though I should have been wearing my old one still). It was as if the old one had just vanished. Then eventually the new one stopped working too, as if it just disintegrated off my back.
The last straw was when it happened to a friend of mine while playing multiplayer. He logged in one day and couldn't use his backpack or remove it, but he could put on a new one. Also I kept seeing strange item errors that apparently the internet only knows about popping up in relation to item frames.

It's a fantastic mod but it breaks too often and I just can't tolerate losing whole inventories like that.

CoreDuo
Mar 20, 2015
My building is getting a tad on the crowded side.

I'll need to start extending it out the back...

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Oh my god, using the Assembler to make iron/steel fluid tanks (from Railcraft) totally removes the need for screws. You save a mountain of tools and metals this way.
Too bad the assembler is like one of the most expensive LV machines there is.

e: Oh my god I got excited about a gregtech thing, shoot me now I'm in too deep.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 13, 2016

CoreDuo
Mar 20, 2015

Vib Rib posted:

Oh my god, using the Assembler to make iron/steel fluid tanks (from Railcraft) totally removes the need for screws. You save a mountain of tools and metals this way.
Too bad the assembler is like one of the most expensive LV machines there is.

e: Oh my god I got excited about a gregtech thing, shoot me now I'm in too deep.

Crafting the basic assembler is the last thing I did before closing Minecraft. I might need medical attention. :sludgepal:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Yeah, that happened because I mentioned it to the author.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Hey, Taffer; I hope Witchery won't be in your next Progress. Curse of Insanity and having to go around with a poppet all the time is one thing; the other thing is Angela's (even though I've only seen that particular problem on Progress).

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Datasmurf posted:

Hey, Taffer; I hope Witchery won't be in your next Progress. Curse of Insanity and having to go around with a poppet all the time is one thing; the other thing is Angela's (even though I've only seen that particular problem on Progress).

I think I've seen a similar problem on a version of OMP-i. But yeah, some people go ga-ga over Witchery and I really don't see the point besides adding water artichoke seeds for me to throw away.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Datasmurf posted:

What do you mean by Angela's?

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
Finally got around to playing Agrarian Skies 2, and just got to the point where I was getting some automation and was going to make a nether portal. Figured I should make a little platform in a box so if anything spawned, it would be contained. While building my cobblestone bridge over the void, my wireless keyboard cut out for a second, which of course made my shift key stop working, and into the void I go, with all my supplies, including a bunch of things I had just opened from reward bags. Of course, I keep forgetting to turn on keep inventory, so I guess I'm done playing Minecraft for another 6 months.

I can get behind the idea of if you make a mistake you pay the consequences, but the fact that it just autosaves on death is just unforgiving in my opinion. If I had died by my own mistake, I would totally just start over and not care, but this was a hardware gently caress up, and I get to basically start over because of it.

I'll just go back to BFSR where I feel like it's actually a fun game, and not this everything is extra annoying to build, mobs spawn hostile, can't build a clicker for an sieve BS.

Maybe I'm just not cut out for AS2.

EDIT: Just rolled back the old save, and popped in the KeepInventory code right before I died from the fall, so I guess I'm still gonna keep puttering on.

ScentOfAnOtaku fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Mar 13, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

I'll just go back to BFSR where I feel like it's actually a fun game, and not this everything is extra annoying to build, mobs spawn hostile, can't build a clicker for an sieve BS.

look up the recipes for the automatic sieve and automatic hammerer, clickers were taken away from the sieve precisely to add the autosieve, which works way better and has fortune/speed upgrades to boot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibur
Apr 23, 2004

McFrugal posted:

What do you mean by Angela's?
Back in what we like to call "the day", Progress had some kind of boner for Angela (one of the Witchery witches). There would be Angelas as far as the eye could see.

Well, not that many, but there were enough that the first thing I'd do on logging in would be to fly around spawn and kill off 30-40 Angelas.