Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest candidate for first round exit?
This poll is closed.
Kentucky 3 3.80%
Duke 16 20.25%
Gonzaga, it's always Gonzaga 11 13.92%
Iowa 24 30.38%
Indiana 12 15.19%
Wofford, you loving idiot 13 16.46%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

anne frank fanfic posted:

Heres some cool free bets to win: texas wins at least 1, wvu wins at least 2, baylor depends on bracket but prob wins at least 1, iowa state early exit (might win one) same with kansas

Normally it is safe to pick an early exit KU but this year feels different, just saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1yvk59MhIs

kiimo fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

gvibes posted:

Another Illini player arrested, this time Jaylon Tate for punching his girlfriend in the fact. That is two in like three weeks (Leron Black for a felony not too long ago), and three in nine months. John Groce: As Good A Judge Of Character As He Is Of Talent.

What the hell is going on in Champaign

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
LSU's coach should not be allowed back in the state of Louisiana.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Yoshifan823 posted:

LSU's coach should not be allowed back in the state of Louisiana.

Fun fact: Shaq only won a single SEC Tournament game as well, and he had three years!

Also, does anyone really trust LSU's AD, who tried to run Les Miles out of town, to fire/hire any other coach?

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

kiimo posted:

Normally it is safe to pick an early exit KU but this year feels different, just saying.

Good video of the Obviois Charge

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

OMG

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
So the 1 seeds at this point pretty much have to be Kansas, Michigan State, Villanova, and UVA/UNC winner, yes?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I wonder if Oregon could sneak in if they win the Pac-12 tournament? The RPI loves the Pac-12 and the Ducks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

French for "jump in front of and unsuccessfully attempt to draw a"

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
In "well, duh" news today, Oklahoma State is set to fire Travis Ford.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

elentar posted:

Tbh I think he should get another year, but I understand the decision.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

elentar posted:

I'm going to pretend this is some kind of delayed revenge KU has against Marcus Smart, even though it's clearly not.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Time for the recurring "T Boone Pickens opens up the bank to get Bill Self" rumor to start and quickly get shot down followed by a quiet raise for Self.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

James Blackmon Jr. is rumored to be announcing a transfer at the end of the season.

:(

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Well SDSU is out.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Ross Angeles posted:

Well SDSU is out.

Steve Fisher fucks Michigan one last time

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

Well SDSU is out.

Fresno st bitch

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Ross Angeles posted:

Well SDSU is out.

If only dreams could come true!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

im two bottles of wine into tonight and im no where close to done

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

:ohdear:

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

Try dying from the alcohol in order to stop

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

anne frank fanfic posted:

Try dying from the alcohol in order to stop

Seems like a good plan for anyone who likes a team ps go cats

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

gvibes posted:

Another Illini player arrested, this time Jaylon Tate for punching his girlfriend in the fact. That is two in like three weeks (Leron Black for a felony not too long ago), and three in nine months. John Groce: As Good A Judge Of Character As He Is Of Talent.
As Good At Teaching Discipline As He Is At Half Court Offense

I remember we had this discussion a few years ago. I was wrong. But in my defense, I didn't think any DI bball coach was clueless enough to consistently sabotage his own offense. I was wrong.

Not sure who the hell we get to replace him, but hopefully Whitman can find the right guy. Probably another lost year next year though...

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

kiimo posted:

Knock on wood and all that, but yeah, KU has gone 11-3 against ranked teams this year. That's sick.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

CBS has us first four out. ESPN has us last four in. I am prepared for the worst (we're not making it)

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

We're going to be the first major conference team with 24 wins to be left out of the tournament and it's going to suck really bad lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

RumbleFish posted:

We're going to be the first major conference team with 24 wins to be left out of the tournament and it's going to suck really bad lol

Lunardi has us playing against each other on Tuesday!

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Ross Angeles posted:

Lunardi has us playing against each other on Tuesday!

Really hope this happens for both our sakes :unsmith:

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

RumbleFish posted:

Should have played more than a wet paper bag in OOC and it wouldn't even be a question.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Happy selection Sunday!

I assume we will just post the brackets in this thread.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
It looks like Danny Hurley to Rutgers will probably happen now that we're conducting a search with an actual athletic director.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

vikingstrike posted:

Should have played more than a wet paper bag in OOC and it wouldn't even be a question.

The OOC schedule was pretty rough, but some of that was out of our control (I doubt it was expected that FSU would bomb so badly in the Paradise Jam, for example). The real issue, IMO, was two-fold: not participating in the Big 12-SEC Challenge (our decision, and it hurt our OOC) and dropping games to teams like Missouri and Georgia. If we're not in, a lot of the blame rests on us, but it's obviously still a disappointment on some levels.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

If Syracuse gets in over South Carolina, Monmouth, Michigan, basically any other bubble team, it will be an absolute joke.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Ross Angeles posted:

CBS has us first four out. ESPN has us last four in. I am prepared for the worst (we're not making it)

I hope y'all don't make it in and the resulting anger forces Fisher out :twisted:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

OctoberBlues posted:

If Syracuse gets in over South Carolina, Monmouth, Michigan, basically any other bubble team, it will be an absolute joke.

My guess is Syracuse is NIT bound.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
UConn once again proves that regular season performance barely even matters

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Democrazy posted:

UConn once again proves that regular season performance barely even matters

*loses in first round*

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

*loses in first round*

But enough about West Virginia! :)

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

*loses in first round*

Either that or win another Natty

(but it's probably losing in before the Sweet 16. Thank God SMU was not in the tournament)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

OctoberBlues posted:

But enough about West Virginia! :)

That would be, very surprising.

• Locked thread