Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

:q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Q_res posted:

There have been rumors about both of those, together and separately. The TTV6 I assume because of the new GT. The AWD rumors really kicked up when the GT350 showed with splined front hubs.

I would highly respect such a vehicle from a performance standpoint, but it just wouldn't get the willy wagging like a 350.

I'm a V8 barbarian.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
I like it!

New Shoe Day!

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

El Scotch posted:

I'm a V8 barbarian.

You and 95% of the Mustang demographic. The badge changes everyone's attitude towards the car.

Ford will probably have to kill the car off in order to drop the V8 without pissing everybody off.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Don't care about the badge; I care about the sound and rumble. The V8 could have the least power and I'd still prefer it if it sounded the same.

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe

The New Edge has really aged well IMO. I've been thinking of making a dumb decision and maybe start looking around for one.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Buy a terminator imo

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe

Cage posted:

Buy a terminator imo
I've looked at them, but everyone wants $20k+ for them. If I'm going to spend more than $20k I would just assume pick up a 2011+ for not much more.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Buy a cobra R. :v:

It is pretty nuts how they're so expensive still. They were about 10k more than the GTs at the time, but now you won't find one for less than 20k whereas the GTs I've seen as low as 5k with high mileage.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I want to play Side Shot Friday!

:q:

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe
Stop posting pictures of clean New Edges!!

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Oh Snap! other side Side Shot Friday!

la la la "Come with me and you'll be In a world of pure imagination" la la la laaaaaa.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I leased a buick instead of buying a 10k mile new edge because I didn't think it was cool. I made the right choice.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Same-picture-I-always-post.jpg

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
My god you guys have some clean New Edges.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I'd post mine, but they are both filthy with all the rain we are having right now.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I'm almost done painting my New Edge. Pictures coming!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

frozenphil posted:

Same-picture-I-always-post.jpg

I went through all 19 pages of your posts in this thread and I didnt see it posted once. :colbert:

Nice, though. So shiny!

Vahakyla posted:

I'm almost done painting my New Edge. Pictures coming!
What color?

In other "unfucking the PO fuckery" news I just bought some SR performance caster plates at american muscle since my 40k treadwear tires didn't even last 20k miles because

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Cage fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 12, 2016

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Oh gently caress.
Pictures of the new 2017 colors got posted.

It's a bad idea to trade my 16 Guard GT in for a 17 Lightning Blue GT/CS, right?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Due to a friend working at a Subaru body shop, we are going World Rally Blue with some pearl and random mix in it. I honestly have no idea how it'll look when it is done.

If it turns out alright, I'll name it "baller blue".

I have two ice white vinyl 8in stripes, but I'm not sure if I lay them on it.
It's a 04 Convertible GT so the roof is odd man out anyway.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

blk96gt posted:

I've looked at them, but everyone wants $20k+ for them. If I'm going to spend more than $20k I would just assume pick up a 2011+ for not much more.

Yeah the Termi prices are simply insane... I get the fact that you can mod them to be more powerful than a modern Coyote, or even much better than a 3.7L with gears, but poo poo, my friend has an unmodded Termi that is only baaaarely faster on a fun 0-60 run than my 3.7 with gears. And then the difference between my 2012 and the '15s is a whole 'nother game, too. That chassis is awesomely sorted out. I had a V8 rental for a a couple weeks in CA and was happy as poo poo.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Hhhhhnnnnggghhhh grabber blue looks so sick.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

ilkhan posted:

Oh gently caress.

It's a bad idea to trade my 16 Guard GT in for a 17 Lightning Blue GT/CS, right?

It's not worse than blowing 10,000$ on stripper overnight.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

ilkhan posted:

Oh gently caress.

My 15' Ecoboost is probably going to get replaced this summer with something in V8 flavor so... uh... nope right there with you.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I really love grabber blue as a color but I don't know if I could live with it as a daily.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Clean New Edges, someone said?

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Woo get some

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Buhbuhj posted:

I really love grabber blue as a color but I don't know if I could live with it as a daily.
It's too bright for me (same reason I wouldn't touch yellow or orange or red) but that Lightning does look something sexy.

I'm putting in a deposit on a Tesla 3 on the 31st anyway, so replacing the mustang just to get a different color is probably a bad idea.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Grey is not a bad base color, so you could consider painting car with your desired color, and leaving door jams, undersides etc grey with a sharp transition lining. Cost: 2000-3000 with zero of your work.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
I'm planning on buying an ecoboost premium, should I wait to see if there's better incentives for 16s after March? I'm guessing 17 release is around June so I was hoping Ford would throw some better incentives my way.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Crazy Pigeon posted:

I'm planning on buying an ecoboost premium, should I wait to see if there's better incentives for 16s after March? I'm guessing 17 release is around June so I was hoping Ford would throw some better incentives my way.

I'll sell you mine :)

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Digital_Jesus posted:

I'll sell you mine :)

Ha, I was thinking of getting a used for a while but decided might as well get a brand spankin new one to call it my own :cool:

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Different tastes and all, but I've never gotten the urge to get a new car. I can understand in the way of getting exactly the right combo of colors, options, engines and such, but if the right thing is out there as a used, it's just the same poo poo except better because it's cheaper.

I mean, each to his own. I guess it's like any other car thing.

MarsellusWallace
Nov 9, 2010

Well he doesn't WANT
to look like a bitch!
A Faster Horse is now on Netflix, in case any of you haven't already seen it. Captures both the historicity of each new generation of Mustang and the incredible awkwardness so ubiquitous among Chassis Team guys.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Vahakyla posted:

Different tastes and all, but I've never gotten the urge to get a new car. I can understand in the way of getting exactly the right combo of colors, options, engines and such, but if the right thing is out there as a used, it's just the same poo poo except better because it's cheaper.

I mean, each to his own. I guess it's like any other car thing.

Well, there's always the fact that, aside from the brief period it's in the dealer's hands, you know exactly what kind of treatment the car is getting, because you're the one doing it. If you're one to meticulously care for your car, or just dread the idea of a PO abusing the poo poo out of a car in ways that aren't readily apparent, I can understand it. It's peace of mind. Expensive peace of mind, but y'know.

If I had the cash, I'd totally go all My Precious :pwn: on a brand spankin' new car. Especially one I planned on keeping for a long time.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Yeah I basically got my car new because I knew I was going to mod the crap out of it. So having a clean slate and not worrying about what the previous owner did to the car is nice.

Also it was the 1st year of the s550 and I wanted one and didn't want to wait :smith:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I'm coming up on 5k miles on mine now and I'm lusting for the v8 instead. RIP.

Bad decisions incoming.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
If you don't plan on doing anything to the car I would say the GT is the better purchase. The EB is a really cool platform to build on but stock I feel like it's pretty lackluster.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
Yea for me it's a combination of wanting a clean slate to mod the car (eventually) and that I'm guessing they worked out some(hopefully most) of smaller qc issues that the 15 might have had. The rabbit hole I'm trying not to fall into is getting a 17 in lightning blue though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Well if you change your mind mine hasn't been modded at all :)

I really just want a V8 now :(

I'm looking at GT350s in my area. Help :shepicide: