Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest candidate for first round exit?
This poll is closed.
Kentucky 3 3.80%
Duke 16 20.25%
Gonzaga, it's always Gonzaga 11 13.92%
Iowa 24 30.38%
Indiana 12 15.19%
Wofford, you loving idiot 13 16.46%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Democrazy posted:

Either that or win another Natty

(but it's probably losing in before the Sweet 16. Thank God SMU was not in the tournament)

I think we both know that UConn team had no place being a 7 seed or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

1 seeds:

Virginia - Midwest
North Carolina - East
Kansas - South
Oregon - West

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 13, 2016

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
edit: wrong thread

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Lol I'm so sorry we're in your region again, Virginia

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Eh Georgia at least hosed South Carolina out of a tournament bid. I'll take it.

See you fuckers in the NIT

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Eh Georgia at least hosed South Carolina out of a tournament bid. I'll take it.

See you fuckers in the NIT

We'll be there too!

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
So, uh, when are the CBI or CIT selections announced? Excited to see which one Illinois turns down. Although if we won the CBI, I would definitely buy a CBI Champions 2016 tshirt.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/LSUBasketball/status/709157879023067136

Rest in piss

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa got as friendly a 7 seed draw as you could possibly get and it will not matter in the slightest.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gently caress selection sunday, gently caress every single college basketball team, gently caress the nit, gently caress college baketball, gently caress gently caress gently caress

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Looks like the title didn't talk this year, SDSU :cool:

relax-o-vision
Feb 21, 2007

Lessail posted:

What do you mean? South Dakota State got in.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

relax-o-vision posted:

What do you mean? South Dakota State got in.

Even better :)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lessail posted:

We'll be back next year.

Who's your coach again?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

MourningView posted:

Iowa got as friendly a 7 seed draw as you could possibly get and it will not matter in the slightest.

They have opened as a 6 point favorite. Whatever that Temple moneyline is, it will be one of the best bets in terms of value in all of the first round.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Ross Angeles posted:

We'll be back next year.

Who's your coach again?

Not Dave Rice

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

OctoberBlues posted:

They have opened as a 6 point favorite. Whatever that Temple moneyline is, it will be one of the best bets in terms of value in all of the first round.

Temple is probably the worst at large team in the whole tournament but when you lose to loving Penn State it doesn't really matter.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Hmm, K-State didn't make the NIT. Granted, that was my preseason prediction, but I don't really get why they didn't make it.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Matey posted:

Hmm, K-State didn't make the NIT. Granted, that was my preseason prediction, but I don't really get why they didn't make it.

I haven't looked at the bracket, but a shitload of 1 seeds lost their conference tournaments, and they get auto-bids to the NIT, so perhaps that had something to do with it?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

OctoberBlues posted:

I haven't looked at the bracket, but a shitload of 1 seeds lost their conference tournaments, and they get auto-bids to the NIT, so perhaps that had something to do with it?

Could be.

But we beat Oklahoma one time this season!!!

e: oh and there are probably better links by now but here's where I saw the nit picks http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2016/3/13/11216470/nit-tournament-2016-full-schedule-bracket

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Washington gets a No. 3 NIT seed and a pretty friendly draw. If we get past SDSU I like our chances of reaching the Loser's Final Four.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MourningView posted:

Temple is probably the worst at large team in the whole tournament but when you lose to loving Penn State it doesn't really matter.

Temple actually owns, thank you very much. Also probably capable of beating Penn State in basketball.

FCGU made the tourney. Do they play like the Dunk City team at all?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress, how can you pretend to be above a CBI or Vegas 16 tournament

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
LOL Montana has to go back to Reno 4 days after losing a conference championship here
https://twitter.com/NevadaWolfPack/status/709208256518852608

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DOOP posted:

FCGU made the tourney. Do they play like the Dunk City team at all?

Not really, Andy Enfield took his fun transition-based offense to USC and the new guy runs a boring mid-major style (good defense, occasionally they might score if they're lucky)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Benne posted:

Washington gets a No. 3 NIT seed and a pretty friendly draw. If we get past SDSU I like our chances of reaching the Loser's Final Four.

I want revenge from last year

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

N: the Kansas City Star's sports section cover

V: is fun. Also, Baylor riding bitch.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So, who do you guys have as your favorite to take home the hardware in the Vegas 16? The clear favorite is obviously the Online University of Liverpool but I'm gonna go out on a limb and take the Xenon International School of Hair Design as my sleeper pick to win it all.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

To no one's surprise, college basketball coaches like embarrassing music.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bill Self's favorite singer is Luther Vandross.

It gets him in the mood.

For fuckin.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

This is a goldmine. I think Bill Carmody - Bach is my favorite. I like that Ben Jacobson chose some no name band from his home state.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

OctoberBlues posted:

This is a goldmine. I think Bill Carmody - Bach is my favorite. I like that Ben Jacobson chose some no name band from his home state.

quote:

I can't go any further without addressing John Calipari being a complete fanboy for Train. One of the greatest coaches in college basketball history gets down to "Hey, Soul Sister." I can only assume this will now be used against him in recruiting.

lol

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Presently surprised by the amount of Earth, Wind, & Fire.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Double post....

Ed Cooley likes The Temptations because he was actually in the group.

Callipari seems alot cooler than Train.

FrankeeFrankFrank fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 14, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Archie Miller with Alice in Chains out of nowhere

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Benne posted:

Not really, Andy Enfield took his fun transition-based offense to USC and the new guy runs a boring mid-major style (good defense, occasionally they might score if they're lucky)

I specifically sought out one FGCU game to watch this year just to check up (because that's probably my favorite tournament run of all time, I was in coincidentally in Philadelphia at the hotel the team was at for the first two rounds and it was a loving RIOT) and this is and has been a tremendous disappointment.

Ughhhh the writing on this is more embarrassing than the (pretty tepid and safe) choices.

The West division has a serious dearth of real contenders for the title, I guess appropriate that they're all lined up against each other?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Coach K jamming out to Beyoncé seems like a sight to see

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Is there a goon bracket set up yet?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

5 years with Georgia Tech's current coach and we haven't made the tournament even once.

Turns out a big part of the reason he hasn't been fired is because we're STILL on the hook for $900k/year to Paul Hewitt thru 2019, a full 8 years after he was fired.

The former AD should be stripped of any connections to GT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

5 years with Georgia Tech's current coach and we haven't made the tournament even once.

Turns out a big part of the reason he hasn't been fired is because we're STILL on the hook for $900k/year to Paul Hewitt thru 2019, a full 8 years after he was fired.

The former AD should be stripped of any connections to GT.

Remember that time Paul Hewitt went to the national championship game? That sure was a thing...

• Locked thread