Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
When would be the funniest time for CIG to collapse? I would say immediately prior to the release of SQ42 episode one: A New Parp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Anyone say "move cig, for great justice" yet?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
If one of the owners of the company that's made the most crowdfunding money in history is a lawyer and friend of lawyers, and it is implicitly understood that not only will your life be turned into a special kind of hell but that as a little cherry on top you'll never be able to work in your chosen industry again - not technician nor teaboy - and yet things are fubared to the point that it's almost immoral not to utter a single word of warning and retain some shred of integrity to wave in the face of a future employer I would imagine an informal interview with said individual would sound something along those lines.

That's just a thought exercise, though.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fil5000 posted:

No triple AAA is like this

AAAAAAAAA

so like :aaaaa:

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

E:D has always been in development. Star Citizen has barely had six months of dev time and everyone's crying, they just don't understand open game development.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Moogle posted:

If one of the owners of the company that's made the most crowdfunding money in history is a lawyer and friend of lawyers, and it is implicitly understood that not only will your life be turned into a special kind of hell but that as a little cherry on top you'll never be able to work in your chosen industry again - not technician nor teaboy - and yet things are fubared to the point that it's almost immoral not to utter a single word of warning and retain some shred of integrity to wave in the face of a future employer I would imagine an informal interview with said individual would sound something along those lines.

That's just a thought exercise, though.

I've signed contracts containing the following horseshit:

- You cannot work for a rival company for a period of 3 years following termination of employment
- You cannot disclose information regarding technology or trade secrets during employment and for a period of 10 years following termination
- On one occasion I had to sign something saying I had no data belonging to the company before I was handed my final paycheck.

I would dread to think what any of those CIG guys have signed. Some of the stuff I've had to sign from tech companies just to pay the bills and feed the family was laughed at by a lawyer, but honestly the stress and cost of fighting this stuff is crazy when you just want to earn a paycheck and come home and chill with the missus and a nice bottle of Rioja and maybe a couple of hours playing Elite which is a game which works and is also out.

I have no doubt in my mind watching *that* interview, that guy is dangling under some kind of contract too.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

lmao

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ShredsYouSay posted:

When would be the funniest time for CIG to collapse? I would say immediately prior to the release of SQ42 episode one: A New Parp.

April 1st

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

This is wonderful

In before someone tries to claim that this means that E:D has had an entire hollywood movie studio working on their game.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

You will recognize the similarities to the UI colors!

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Here is an early pre-pre-pre alpha screenshot showing that Star Citizen has been in development since 1902

I think you will recognise the fideltiousness and also the paarp.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
For reals, how many ships does SC HAVE, inthe meaning of "you can fly around and stuff in them"?

Im too busy configuring my fer-de-lance to investigate, gotta see how i power that A4 plasma accelerator...

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

SomethingJones posted:

Here is an early pre-pre-pre alpha screenshot showing that Star Citizen has been in development since 1902

I think you will recognise the fideltiousness and also the paarp.

We had a fun sequence of posts about a year ago on that subject in the SC forums ED thread, going back in time to prehistoric cave paintings depicting a Cobra Mk III hull. I cannot find them sadly for the life of me..T_T

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

You will recognize the similarities to the UI colors!

Here's an early screenshot of elite dangerous, you'll notice the similarities to the UI colours:

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

how much for a wet autistic dream with immersions?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Chalks posted:

Here's an early screenshot of elite dangerous, you'll notice the similarities to the UI colours:

Needs more blue.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare

but wait don't the cultists also clamor to let people know just how long Chris has had his vision for SC which has been since the 90s too?

and I didn't play the Elite D alpha or anything but from having watched old videos... didn't it have way more content in it's first public iteration than SC currently has after like 3-4 years of straight development?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
You're all uninformed fools! E:D's development started some 300 billion years ago, if not earlier than that.

Note the similarity in colors

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I heard God created the galaxy based on the one in ED

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Sundowner posted:

and I didn't play the Elite D alpha or anything but from having watched old videos... didn't it have way more content in it's first public iteration than SC currently has after like 3-4 years of straight development?

Elite dropped an alpha combat test module in late 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M44wH8NCc3g

After a week, CR decided to not release the long awaited and hyped by CIG DFM module in that month, but postpone it for 6 months.

Of course, it was expected. After all Elite had been in development for a long time.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Mar 14, 2016

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Ostentatious posted:

so uh

that's slim?

:thejoke: Have you seen what he looks like now

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
I don't know much about open game development but there seems a lot wrong with this

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/322169/star-citizen-a-victim-of-early-access/p3

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Tippis posted:

5,646 litres.

So he could hide the money in Ben's corpse?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Daztek posted:

I heard God created the galaxy based on the one in ED

David Braben created God. You heard it here first, folks.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

his nibs posted:

I don't know much about open game development but there seems a lot wrong with this

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/322169/star-citizen-a-victim-of-early-access/p3

After those things are in its just a matter of economyEnabled = true and miningEnabled = true etc. Just minor things, SC out in Q1 '17

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

Star Citizen: Where everybody is a troll

Krakenwagen fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Mar 14, 2016

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

After those things are in its just a matter of economyEnabled = true and miningEnabled = true etc. Just minor things, SC out in Q1 '17

I'm glad you're here to tell me the things

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

his nibs posted:

I'm glad you're here to tell me the things

I wouldn't say I'm an expert at Open Development but I read the Star Citizen subreddit sometimes and picked up a few things here and there

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
On the matt chat video....

edit : gently caress, beaten like 30 posts ago :cripes:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Mar 14, 2016

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Rabelais D posted:

If Chris Roberts is so amazing what the hell was he doing between 2005 and 2012? There's just this huge gap in his resume. At least Derek Smart was pottering away releasing the odd revamp/new game, however crappy.

Crobber Baron emerges from cryosleep or something and people throw money at him. I played X Wing when it first came out and have never been able to enjoy a Wing Commander game. They might have been revolutionary to begin with, but they just weren't good games.

He was losing an 8 million dollar lawsuit to Kevin Costner and getting blacklisted from Hollywood.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ShredsYouSay posted:

I'd say the second day of CitCon

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare

his nibs posted:

These guys always seem to point out something about 64bit and then go on to list off a bunch of things that should have been core elements that shouldn't just be seeing the light of day within the last few months and they're developing it on an established engine so it sounds like more than half of that poo poo should have been in there years ago.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The Power of Smart Compels Youuuuu!!!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Sundowner posted:

These guys always seem to point out something about 64bit and then go on to list off a bunch of things that should have been core elements that shouldn't just be seeing the light of day within the last few months and they're developing it on an established engine so it sounds like more than half of that poo poo should have been in there years ago.

Where was that post where someone in this thread mentioned the game crashed when traveling upwards or downwards around 100 Km?

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
shitfaced and watching the WC movie. Notes :

The blesnick cross on full display. an ominous sign
this is 90s as gently caress and it was barely the 90s on release. Honestly surprised crobbies didnt redo it for 'new millenium' quality
chris roberts name counter: 3 4
asteroid hangar spotted
guys with werid hats, check, spear shaped spaceships, check, more ships than will be possible in SC, check, good acting, no check
hipster ship has vhs in fifth millenium whatever year, high fidelity spacetape-- scratch that minidisk, the format that finally died in 2013
lovely constellation proto spotted
freddie prinze jr > space computer, as was foretold
in the future, everyone will have their concierge card stapled to their hats, to assert their dominance over the plebians
this entire plot relies on circumstantial politicking bullshit so far (and probably won't get better)
frosted tips so deep it's your whole hair color + lame rear end battle of the sexes 90s bullshit is testing my resolve
kilrathi ships are covered in swords, the swords are all dicks, and everyone in the movie has penis envy. CRobberts has a hosed up brain on the inside
bug report, forward engines are firing even though teh ships aren't moving. please put into your bugfixing pipeline cig
why do they call you angel, codename lady? Because chris has an evanesence fetish he hasn't told anyone, not your bullshit
think I found Ben's favorite sexytime scene. i cannot stop picturing him licking fried chicken grease off his fingers while watching this. requesting eyebleach but for my brain
spacefight scene would be good if it came out in the 70's like star wars, except it's almost 2000 and looks like star trek tng grade poo poo
there are so many things wrong with the landing pad crash scene all i can do is drink more and try not to think about it
booooo commanding officer threatens to shoot frosted tips man for being a jackass, has the gun to his head, and doesn't do it. lame.

need to take a break, this movie is too poo poo

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

need to take a break, this movie is too poo poo

You are weak.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

ShredsYouSay posted:

Oct this year.

Escapist published a line the SC devs have been paid in 3 weeks.

Ben comes on says it is bullshit. Says they are gearing up for next months anniversary and the ship sales.
He lets slip SQ 42 debut coming shortly and there is lots of money in the bank and to ignore muck raking.

Then nothing for 1 weeks. Whales get nervous and 1 goes by the office, cleaner in there tells them they vacated the office 1 week ago and are bankrupt.

a month shy of the anniversary in Nov and a few months shy of launching magnum duces cuts scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Arseholes, arseholes everywhere......

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/321992/excessive-patch-size-will-bar-me-from-playing

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread