Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
:siren: ACTUAL CONTENT IN THIS POST :siren:

quote:

Radiohead will play a series of shows in addition to the festival dates already announced.
They are:

MAY 2016
20th Amsterdam, Heineken Music Hall
21st Amsterdam, Heineken Music Hall
23rd Paris, Le Zénith
24th Paris, Le Zénith
26th London, Roundhouse
27th London, Roundhouse
28th London, Roundhouse

JULY 2016
26th New York City, Madison Square Garden
27th New York City, Madison Square Garden

AUGUST 2016
4th Los Angeles, Shrine Auditorium
8th Los Angeles, Shrine Auditorium

OCTOBER 2016
3rd Mexico City, Palacio de los Deportes
4th Mexico City, Palacio de los Deportes

These are all the headline shows that the band will play in 2016.

Link: http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
Man that is a limited tour. Guess I gotta figure out how to get to New York in July...

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Too old to go to NYC on a weeknight. Too bad.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I really hate MSG shows but I saw Radiohead at Newark's even shittier arena a couple years ago and they were loving great so I am gonna try to get tix for this

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
I'm slightly concerned that the limited scale of this tour - small venues and festivals only - suggests this is another "road test" tour, like the 2006 one before In Rainbows. In which case we won't see the album until 2017 or later.

On the other hand, everyone likes In Rainbows.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Popcorn posted:

I'm slightly concerned that the limited scale of this tour - small venues and festivals only

there are a bunch of large venues on that list though :confused: MSG, Le Zenith, and the Shrine Auditorium are some of the bigger venues in their respective cities and they are doing multiple nights at each. Palacio de los Deportes is a huge rear end stadium. Doesn't seem like a road test..

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
And this is still way better than the Kid A "tour". That sucked. Wasn't that just 2 shows in the US? Like the Rose Bowl and Irving Plaza or something stupid.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

Earwicker posted:

there are a bunch of large venues on that list though :confused: MSG, Le Zenith, and the Shrine Auditorium are some of the bigger venues in their respective cities and they are doing multiple nights at each. Palacio de los Deportes is a huge rear end stadium. Doesn't seem like a road test..

I stand corrected - but it's still a little like the 2006 tour where they used some smaller venues. The Roundhouse in London is a surprise considering on their last tour they sold out the O2 stadium. Twice.

I think it's more likely than not that they'll announce the album before the tour starts, but doing it this way round is pretty strange.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Popcorn posted:

I stand corrected - but it's still a little like the 2006 tour where they used some smaller venues. The Roundhouse in London is a surprise considering on their last tour they sold out the O2 stadium. Twice.

I think it's more likely than not that they'll announce the album before the tour starts, but doing it this way round is pretty strange.

They might be filming at the roundhouse or something. Isn't there a BBC show that tapes there?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I suspect that they're getting to that stage where they want to spend more time at home with their families, and they're just doing Radiohead stuff when they get around to it. That could explain the limited tour and long gap since TKOL. And they've earned it.

Might try and make it to the NYC show.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

HD DAD posted:

I suspect that they're getting to that stage where they want to spend more time at home with their families, and they're just doing Radiohead stuff when they get around to it. That could explain the limited tour and long gap since TKOL.

well that and also Thom did Atoms for Peace and another solo album and Johnny did like two film scores between then and now

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
they also updated their facebook image stuff - the art for the new album will probably mirror this:

it's very interesting!! From a pure design perspective, it's much, much better than King of Limbs. But it's very hard to read to mood / tone of this. Feels lighter and higher energy than anything since OK Computer. The typeface and color are very poppy. Who knows!!

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

Yeah, I like it too. To me it looks like Identikit sounds - sexy and slinky and slick. I hope we hear a studio version of that.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Agreed. I think they confirmed in some interview that they recorded identikit at Jack White's studio so hopefully it makes the album, it was a real highlight of the shows I went to for tkol.

E: on a somewhat similar note, I'm really hoping Full Stop is on there too. Seemed very energetic from the bootlegs I've watched.

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 14, 2016

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Polo-Rican posted:

they also updated their facebook image stuff - the art for the new album will probably mirror this:

it's very interesting!! From a pure design perspective, it's much, much better than King of Limbs. But it's very hard to read to mood / tone of this. Feels lighter and higher energy than anything since OK Computer. The typeface and color are very poppy. Who knows!!

It looks potentially dark to me. The background resembles satellite imagery of some hosed up wasteland topography or something. Not sure what to make of the graffiti-looking typeface, though.

Is it too early for itshappening.gif? I don't really give a poo poo about live dates, but I itch for a new album.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Barry Foster posted:

I don't really give a poo poo about live dates, but I itch for a new album.

They're really one of the best live rock bands I've seen if you haven't caught them. They kinda nail it in concert.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

BigFactory posted:

They're really one of the best live rock bands I've seen if you haven't caught them. They kinda nail it in concert.

Oh, I've caught 'em twice, and yeah, they were amazing. I just don't live in London/have any money these days, so seeing them live is off the cards for me. I'll settle for some sweet, sweet new tracks.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
Radiohead just updated a Roundhouse show from Thursday 26th May > Sunday 28th in London

http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/2016/radiohead/

Ł65 plus fees is a hell of a lot to pay though.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It looks like a Coldplay album cover, if Coldplay wasn't a bunch of wussies.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I have no idea why but the artwork reminds me of late nineties radiohead / UK alternative guitar music. Weird

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Polo-Rican posted:

Love the artwork. I thought the best thing about The King Of Limbs was its artwork, but this is real cool too.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Paris tour poster has a wider view of the artwork.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Polo-Rican posted:

Kinda just looks like sumi ink and gouache :nallears:

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Actually reminds me of some of Boris' artwork

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

I'm gonna try for one of the MSG shows. What is bad about seeing shows there? Are the acoustics crappy?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Radiohead71 posted:

I'm gonna try for one of the MSG shows. What is bad about seeing shows there? Are the acoustics crappy?

Of course.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Radiohead71 posted:

yes the acoustics are crappy and much of the experience shares more with going to Penn Station during peak holiday travel season than it does with going to a show. it combines all of the usual lovely things about arena shows with all of the usual lovely things about midtown manhattan

that said, I will probably still try to go

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 15, 2016

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Wasn't MSG renovated in the past few years? I heard that also upgraded the acoustics.

Hoping that MSG also isn't too strict for security, because Radiohead will require bringing in smokeables.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Anonymous John posted:

Hoping that MSG also isn't too strict for security, because Radiohead will require bringing in smokeables.

I went to a Phish show there once and was given a warning for smoking a bowl rather blatantly while the house lights were still up. probably safer to bring a vaporizer

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Wouldn't it be funny if the new album is TKol part 2

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

JFC, the pre sale event sold out today before I could buy anything for NYC. I'll try in a few hours for the LA show on 8/8.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
Got in the presale queue at 5 seconds after open, not good enough. Had pit tickets in Boston last time so I can't really justify complaining that hard, but still a bit disappointed. Here's hoping for some nosebleeds on friday.

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Princeps32 posted:

Got in the presale queue at 5 seconds after open, not good enough. Had pit tickets in Boston last time so I can't really justify complaining that hard, but still a bit disappointed. Here's hoping for some nosebleeds on friday.

No poo poo I was hitting refresh like a madman and then I clicked on get tickets and got the queue. I'll try at 1pm for the LA show. I remember back in 2003 I got the WASTE presale tickets for the Seattle show and they were freaking fantastic. I could have thrown something and hit the band I was so close.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Wouldn't it be funny if the new album is TKol part 2

I hope it is, actually.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I think TKoL is a good album but I don't like it when any band does a new album that sounds like an older one. I wouldn't want another OK Computer or Kid A either (and I thought Amnesiac was different enough to be good). thats why Hail to the Thief is so weak, most of it just sounds like by-the-numbers older Radiohead

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

I hated, hated TKOL and I have been a fan since 1997. I have been warming up to it recently, though. I respect them for trying new things. Didn't get the pre-sale for LA either. What a goat ****.

Just for the hell of it I looked for tickets on stubhub. It was way worse than I thought.

Tue
Jul 26
Radiohead
7:30 pm Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
from
$771
30 tickets left

Wed
Jul 27
Radiohead
from
$788
37 tickets left

Thu
Aug 4
Radiohead
8:30 pm Shrine Auditorium (Los Angeles), Los Angeles, CA
from
$1600
9 tickets left

Mon
Aug 8
Radiohead
from
$1999
3 tickets left

Will people really pay 4 digits to see RH? I hate ticket scalpers. I hope they all have long, painful deaths.

Radiohead71 fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 16, 2016

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife

Radiohead71 posted:

I hated, hated TKOL and I have been a fan since 1997. I have been warming up to it recently, though. I respect them for trying new things. Didn't get the pre-sale for LA either. What a goat ****.

Just for the hell of it I looked for tickets on stubhub. It was way worse than I thought.

Tue
Jul 26
Radiohead
from
$771
30 tickets left

Wed
Jul 27
Radiohead
from
$788
37 tickets left

Thu
Aug 4
Radiohead
from
$1600
9 tickets left

Mon
Aug 8
Radiohead
from
$1999
3 tickets left

Will people really pay 4 digits to see RH? I hate ticket scalpers. I hope they all have long, painful deaths.

The worst part is they won't, and the scalpers will make enough money on the others that they'll just let them go unused. I was pumped when I saw the tour dates, but I managed to get a lawn seat for face during the 2012 tour, and even being in the rear of the Comcast Center didn't make There, There sound any less massive. I'll wait for whatever comes next, assuming ticket prices die down a little for a wider tour.

GMEEOORH
Mar 12, 2012
Do they not check if the names of the people with tickets match up with the order info in the US?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

GMEEOORH posted:

Do they not check if the names of the people with tickets match up with the order info in the US?

Only if you are picking the ticket up at will call. Otherwise if you buy a ticket and have it sent to you, it's perfectly legal in most places to sell (or give) it to someone else anyway .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I thought the best thing about The King Of Limbs was its artwork,

We need a feature like the ignore list, except it's just a "discard my opinions" list