Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Do "Aussie chicks" still have to comply with United States Department of Labor regulations when employed as the Vice President of Marketing (oh, and Human Resources too - let's be honest) for a company with offices in the U.S.?

If so, that's some bullshit. Let the Aussie chicks be their wild inappropriate selves and call everyone "hairy pussies".

What kind of polical correctness crap is this world coming to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

Madcosby posted:

Whenever I'm in the Atlanta airport coming up those escalators and people start clapping for the service guy in uniform near me, I close my eyes and pretend they're clapping for me

THAT IS STEALING VALOR

STOLEN VALOR STOLEN VALOR THOSE CLAPS ARE NOT FOR YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

That guy in the video was obviously stolen valor. What makes me nervous is the guys who go out looking for stolen valor so they can make a public scene and/or youtube video.

There was some old marine who got dogpiled for being "stolen valor". And turns out he was legit all the way.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/06/05/the-problem-with-publicly-accusing-someone-of-stolen-valor-what-if-youre-wrong/

yeah, that sucks big time.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Galarox posted:

The Stimpire Parps Back

Cool, can't wait to see The Farce Awakens!

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Could bunny ears man be the true Stimperor?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Kakarot posted:

Cool, can't wait to see The Farce Awakens!

I still can't quite get over yodaderek

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

tooterfish posted:

Looking at that picture, shouldn't that be veterinariancy?

Also, disturbed to learn SC guy with bunny ears and white painted face isn't unique. What the gently caress is that all about?

:golfclap:

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word
Yo guys I really had a rough day today, post something to cheer me up or something. (Woke up with stomach cramps, had to travel from my gf to home by plane, worst cramps all day, puked thrice in the plane, still feel like poo poo the whole day long)

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

darkarchon posted:

Yo guys I really had a rough day today, post something to cheer me up or something. (Woke up with stomach cramps, had to travel from my gf to home by plane, worst cramps all day, puked thrice in the plane, still feel like poo poo the whole day long)

10 For the Chairman this afternoon!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Turd Burglar posted:

ask them if they killed anyone.

To which I give them my best "steely eyed killer look" and say "Not today."

Nebiros posted:

The places I usually hit up to check for Stolen Valor posts usually don't post without either a photo that's so blatantly hosed up you can't help, but notice or if they've got a DD214 to verify it, but yeah, serious problem when legit guys are called out.

That's you, and that's good. But some nerds want to call someone out for stolen valor so bad that they will go after anything.

Goobs posted:

some lady spit on me and called me a baby killer, before promptly walking into an automated sliding door and falling down.

That's assault and battery :colbert:

You should have used a reasonable amount of force to stop her attack. :smuggo:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

darkarchon posted:

Ben Lesnick, Developer

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Wafflz posted:

Ben Lesnick, Developer

:pusheen: always gets me

D1E posted:

10 For the Chairman this afternoon!

It'll be around midnight for me, I'll most likely will be sleeping at that point.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

darkarchon posted:

You didn't spend $15,000+ on jpegs, and pretend to have an anime waifu.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

How much does this even cost?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

But Elite also wasn't hyped and squeezed for every preorder there was, for 4 years straight while it was being developed. I hadn't even heard of the new Elite until it was out.

Not only that, but Frontier actively *fought* against too many people preordering with insanely ramped up alpha and beta prices (£100+).
Similar to what señor Derek did with LOD.

fake e: sorry for posting from the past, been a busy day at work and you lot keep posting like crazy.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Daztek posted:

After those things are in its just a matter of economyEnabled = true and miningEnabled = true etc. Just minor things, SC out in Q1 '17

economyEnabled := true and miningEnabled := true.
SC is actually written in Pascal.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

darkarchon posted:

:pusheen: always gets me

Glad I could help.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

ideate posted:

How much does this even cost?

Who cares? It's backer funds not real money.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

I'm ok with people using the "maybe the game isn't for you" argument

The downloads are 30 GB, if that's too much for you, maybe this isn't the game for you.
Also, maybe you hate spaceships.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

i can definitely see a cool deep-sea submarine type drama out of this if it was made by anyone else.

BE QUIET. THE MUPPETS ON STILTS WILL HEAR US THROUGH THE VACUUM OF SPACE.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Bunnymen...

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Galarox posted:

Bunnymen...

Why'd you photoshop president Obama in the top left...oh.. :eyepop:

Turd Burglar posted:

THAT IS STEALING VALOR

STOLEN VALOR STOLEN VALOR THOSE CLAPS ARE NOT FOR YOU

This made me laugh. :golfclap:

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
More Disquiet in r/mmorpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/4abfcj/what_do_you_guys_think_about_star_citizen/

Interesting that the tide really has turned outside of their isolated communities.

"If it sounds too good to be true it probably is, and Star Citizen has promised just about everything under the sun." - some redditor

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Galarox posted:

Bunnymen...

:captainpop: welp

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Galarox posted:

Bunnymen...

my eyes.. they're burning.. arrgh

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare
Do they stream the 10FTC somewhere? Where can I watch that trainwreck live!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay so I tried out the free Star Citizen thingy, I loaded up the hanger and got onto one of the ships. It had a toilet on it, I sat on the toilet and the game glitched and I couldnt get off the toilet. I was stuck on it. Game is an overwhelming success, congrats Chris Roberts, you did it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Sundowner posted:

Do they stream the 10FTC somewhere? Where can I watch that trainwreck live!!

its pre-recorded then uploaded to the tube

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

alf_pogs posted:

its pre-recorded then uploaded to the tube

Remember that after you watch it.

With unlimited production time, the opportunity to script and rehearse responses, the luxury of creative editing and $110 million dollars, this incompetent and incoherent mess is the best Chris Roberts could come up with.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

BurtLington posted:

Could bunny ears man be the true Stimperor?

The Stimperor isn't a lame fat furry! :mad:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

Dude, that book has led me from needing a spotter to get up 135 on the bench to hitting 5 reps of 225 this morning (7months later).

*ALWAYS* get a spotter. ALWAYS.
No matter how many reps you can do and how you feel. Seriously, dude.

One slip up is all it takes.
I dropped 200 in my mouth once. Wasn't fun. Through some weird reflex i opened wide, so i still have my teeth, although with about a dozen (patched up) cracks.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Galarox posted:

Bunnymen...

:laffo:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

orcinus posted:

*ALWAYS* get a spotter. ALWAYS.
No matter how many reps you can do and how you feel. Seriously, dude.

One slip up is all it takes.
I dropped 200 in my mouth once. Wasn't fun. Through some weird reflex i opened wide, so i still have my teeth, although with about a dozen (patched up) cracks.

Just bench in the squat rack like a cool bro

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Kill me now...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Honestly not all of them are even after free poo poo. A lot of them just have legit personality disorders and do it because it's a way for them to feel special about themselves. It's kind of a natural reaction to the way we idolize the military in America.

For a lot of guys it's the same as the dudes who wear Naruto headbands around their house and practice their katas or whatever - they just want to feel special.

Of course the flip side of that is dudes liker Bernath who use it as a way to further their career or for monetary gain. I remember a couple years ago there was a dude who had set up a pretty legit company that offered military training and support services to civilians and military contractors who hired a bunch of actual ex-SF guys to run his training programs and basically banked the whole thing on the idea that he was a green beret, and it all collapsed when it turned out he wasn't. Don't remember the dude's name though.

Is it stolen valor if you're just dressing up your RealDoll in the army mans uniform for purposes of a little gitmo interrogation role play? Makes you wonder.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

orcinus posted:

I dropped 200 in my mouth once.

Sandi?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

1500 posted:

Not the Cutlass, its not a real ship, just an abortion that Ben pushed out.

*t*w*o**w*e*e*k*s*

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

D_Smart posted:

Sad thing is if she's telling the truth, it's most likely for a movie, acting lessons or SQ42 shoot.

As an aside, that dude doesn't look old enough to have been a Vietnam vet. Plus I checked. Unless his Twitter name isn't his real name.

:negative:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/709360919894233089

LMAOOOO! Are you guys doxxing my fake twitter account? Hahahaha.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

I'd laugh, but both the memory of that and Sandi make me cringe.
So i won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

all those cameras and their animation still looks like wank

• Locked thread