Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furia

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

there's a real skill in taking good pictures of things that mostly aren't you, and people derive a lot of satisfaction from it. not me though, i just use the auto setting because i'm not good.

Of course; I'm not arguing that. I've had the privilege of hanging around different types of people, particularly those in fashion, and finding out that that which I thought to be simple is actually really complex. Of course there is a lot of nuance to be found in photography, i.e. how environments contrast with the object photographed and what does it mean to be an object when it is a person photographed; but I don't think I can contribute to such matters. With what happens in my life and what I do with it, I'd be taking pictures of the same old roads and the same old places.

e: forgot to address the satisfaction part. I just don't. Don't know why. Guess that's about it.

e2: made the start nicer. I don't mean to be impolite or aggressive to anyone. Just in case the message came across the wrong way.

Furia fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 14, 2016

you just have to believe in yourself, there's a little skeleton inside of us all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the fridge

by Shine
wat is your brother doing in Malta

tao of lmao

Furia posted:

Of course; I'm not arguing that. I've had the privilege of hanging around different types of people, particularly those in fashion, and finding out that that which I thought to be simple is actually really complex. Of course there is a lot of nuance to be found in photography, i.e. how environments contrast with the object photographed and what does it mean to be an object when it is a person photographed; but I don't think I can contribute to such matters. With what happens in my life and what I do with it, I'd be taking pictures of the same old roads and the same old places.

e: forgot to address the satisfaction part. I just don't. Don't know why. Guess that's about it.

e2: made the start nicer. I don't mean to be impolite or aggressive to anyone. Just in case the message came across the wrong way.

My advice is to stop thinking about why you can't/won't do certain things and instead focus on why you can/will.

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

play video games sometimes and am starting to get into makeup but mostly I just lay in bed questioning the purpose of my existence and maybe eating pizza or smth idk

I have a cat named Pancake here are some pictures of him from Dcember, June of 2014 and Summer 2013

You have hit on almost all of my favorite things. I can talk endlessly about make up (we should do that) and video games that I like , or you can post in the really long video game thread if you like video games I don't like (what platform?) the purpose of my existence IS laying around eating pizza so that's covered . and hell yeah cats, and sometimes dogs are cute to visit.
so uh welcome.

Furia posted:

I liked to carve stuff on wood. No particular reason why. I just had some wood panels and figured I'd make the most of them.

I carved a few things. The one I am most proud of was a wooden dagger
I'll post a picture of it when I can.
playing video-games.
what games? my mother whittles the most amazing things (and knits but that's outside the topic) for every holiday. She even won first and second place in the last regional intermediate show. She loves it and her stuff is super cool she makes staffs Christmas ornaments all kinds of stuff, she made me cat wind chimes that look like my cats at Christmas, I'll take a pic when I don't have a cat sitting on me.
want to see your dagger pics

tao of lmao

sculpt a dagger out of ice to commit the perfect crime

ChairmanMeow

tao of lmao posted:

sculpt a dagger out of ice to commit the perfect crime

shhhh those are dagger shaped freezey pops
autopsy shows he appears to have been killed by Alexander the grape

ChairmanMeow fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 14, 2016

FAT32 SHAMER

I had four fillings done accompanied by six shots that all felt like they poked right out of my nose and holy poo poo I'm still numb

MrWillsauce

the perfect lime

ChairmanMeow

MrWillsauce posted:

the perfect lime

Incomplete Fish

Hey BYOB check out my post!

Matoi Ryuko

Incomplete Fish posted:

I like it.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Incomplete Fish posted:

nice post! and complete too, despite your username!

MrWillsauce

Incomplete Fish posted:

not bad

ChairmanMeow

Tusen Takk posted:

I had four fillings done accompanied by six shots that all felt like they poked right out of my nose and holy poo poo I'm still numb

feel better

Commie NedFlanders

i just traveled about 70 miles to visit a university campus, hoping i could visit the sweet library and draw some cool trees and architecture

only to discover everything is closed on account of spring break so no library, no chick fil a, nothing

i was really geeking out about the library :sigh:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

MrWillsauce

sneak in

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tusen Takk posted:

careful not to bite your tongue

Incomplete Fish posted:

very nice! check out this post!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

MrWillsauce

hey what do you call it when you go back and edit something you wrote on the forum?

fixing it in post

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i call it whittling

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

MrWillsauce posted:

hey what do you call it when you go back and edit something you wrote on the forum?

fixing it in post

lol

Elmnt80

Do I still get to call fishing a hobby if I use it as an excuse to just sit out on the gulf coast and enjoy the sea breeze about half the time?

MrWillsauce

I thought fishing just meant drinking beer on a boat. That's what it means in florida.

Elmnt80

I live in florida too, but my boat isn't working. Instead I have to stand on the shore and fish which is actually pretty ok with me. I don't really like the whole drinking on a boat thing though, since I don't want a dui or to run over something or someone while out.

MrWillsauce

Elmnt80 posted:

I don't really like the whole drinking on a boat thing though, since I don't want a dui or to run over something or someone while out.

Are you sure you're a Floridian?

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
I live in Florida, I don't have a DUI nor do I fish.

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
MrWillsauce

It's a big state. I suppose anything's possible

tao of lmao

Elmnt80 posted:

Do I still get to call fishing a hobby if I use it as an excuse to just sit out on the gulf coast and enjoy the sea breeze about half the time?

absolutely

tao of lmao

Elmnt80 posted:

absolutely

tao of lmao

cool double post

Piso Mojado

tao of lmao posted:

cool double post

absolutely

alnilam

tao of lmao posted:

cool double post

absolutely

Emptyquoter

alnilam posted:

absolutely

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

thanks Manifisto!

City of Glompton

oh good, I'm glad to see the emptyquoter I order has arrived, on time and undamaged. wait'll the kids get a load of this one! it repeats everything you say

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Mexican Deathgasm

today I spent three hours trying to figure out what a society of fantasy creatures called modrons would be like so that I can make an adventure for some fellow 30-somethings to go through when we play dungeons and dragons this weekend

what am I doing with my life

MrWillsauce

yeah you should just get drunk and wing it next time

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

today I spent three hours trying to figure out what a society of fantasy creatures called modrons would be like so that I can make an adventure for some fellow 30-somethings to go through when we play dungeons and dragons this weekend

what am I doing with my life

Modrons are those weird creatures from the Plane of Law, right? Just imagine a society where every interaction is governed by Robert's Rules of Order.

----------------

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos
"I would love to help you, Sir, but I'm afraid that there is no qualified secretary to take the minutes, so our conversation is invalid."

Edit: "I am extremely sorry, but the shop cannot start its business until we've reached a quorum of 10 customers."

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 15, 2016

----------------

Jolyne Cujoh

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

ChairmanMeow posted:

You have hit on almost all of my favorite things. I can talk endlessly about make up (we should do that) and video games that I like , or you can post in the really long video game thread if you like video games I don't like (what platform?) the purpose of my existence IS laying around eating pizza so that's covered . and hell yeah cats, and sometimes dogs are cute to visit.
so uh welcome.

I don't really know all that much about Makeup because I literally wore it for the first time like 3 weeks ago, I just know that I like the way my face looks and the way that it makes me feel when I'm wearing it (mostly when I'm wearing it with the glasses that I also started wearing recently)

My video game likes are pretty weird, because I play basically nothing but relaxing babygames (pokemon, kirby, Eurotruck) or super hard games/games that are notorious for their difficulty (Dark Souls, X-Com, Nuclear Throne, also sometimes Eurotruck) and nothing in between. I also only have a PC and a broken 3DS for gaming, but i bought my gf a wiiu that I play when I visit her.

Cats are great and I have to take pictures of every catte I meet so that I can show them to my friends/girlfriend because they are so great

ty for the welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

Furia posted:

Love, advice and understanding