Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

:siren: Goon Discord hangout right here: https://discord.gg/0th271u4YmmhJeQf :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVEN8mPD3sg

Pokkén Tournament is a fighting game developed by Bandai Namco Entertainment. The game combines gameplay elements from Bandai Namco's Tekken series with characters from the Pokémon franchise.

Current Character Roster: http://i.imgur.com/9ZNcrdv.jpg
Blaziken
Pikachu
Lucario
Gardevoir
Pikachu Libre
Sceptile
Gengar
Machamp
Braixen
Chandelure
Suicune
Weavile
Charizard
Garchomp
Mewtwo
Dark Mewtwo

Screenshots and stuff:

http://i.imgur.com/JGcg0z8.webm

Dizz fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's pokemon. It's probably going to be fun.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Are people really mad about the fighting type thing? It's a Pokemon game, they should all be wacky non-humanoid bullshit monsters. Where's the bag of garbage?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Are people really mad about the fighting type thing? It's a Pokemon game, they should all be wacky non-humanoid bullshit monsters. Where's the bag of garbage?

I'm mad there's not Hariyama, but that's it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Where's the bag of garbage?
why would ur post history be in pokken? :cool:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
People in the FGC keep saying something about pokken smash milf hunters or something like that. So I guess this game is good for picking up MILFs?

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Hmm...so wait, I just noticed Pikachu Libre has a heart-shaped tail...meaning it's FEMALE?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Where's Scrafty with his special pulling-up-pants dodge animations?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Where's the bag of garbage?

Yes?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Grabbing this on Friday if the line at Nintendo NYC doesn't wrap around the entire borough.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Suicune fights by slapping you with its butt ribbons. What's up with that

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Gaffle posted:

if you had butt ribbons wouldnt you do the same

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Why the gently caress is hawlucha not in this game??

E: he had better be or im mad

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

The Kingfish posted:

This is where I stand with the roster. It's cool that we got Pikachu Libre, but the cost was too loving high.

Not really into fighting games outside of Smash but i'll love the hell out of seeing tournament streams of this!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

The Kingfish posted:

I think Hawlucha is a supporter.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Endorph posted:

why would ur post history be in pokken? :cool:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mirror_Coat_(move)

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Oh yeah, this game is gonna be available digitally too, but everyone should buy a physical copy since that's the only way to get the Shadow Mewtwo unlock card.

CharlestonJew posted:

if you had butt ribbons wouldnt you do the same

i'd prefer if everyone keeps their rear end flaps to themselves tyvm!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

shadow mewtwo unlock card is just a temporary instant unlock, you can unlock him normally in any version of the game and you have to to get him permanently. i think its just through playing arcade mode or w/e

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Gaffle posted:

theyre tail ribbons

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
This game looks pretty cool but I heard reports that the framerate is not so good if you play two player locally?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

There should be more characters in this game. They should have the Lucha Bird that every Goon likes. They Should have had Deoxys.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Geight posted:

This game looks pretty cool but I heard reports that the framerate is not so good if you play two player locally?

The only local, same-console multiplayer mode puts one person on the gamepad screen and the other on the TV and it cuts the framerate to 30FPS.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

The only local, same-console multiplayer mode puts one person on the gamepad screen and the other on the TV and it cuts the framerate to 30FPS.

Yeah that is loving insane. I thought I might give the game a try especially since I could get a lot of local people interested, but to have 2 wii u's and 2 tv's to play it as intended is not acceptable.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)

What the hell.

I just bought a second Classic Controller Pro for this game, god damnit. I guess I should have double checked to make sure that the multiplayer mode wasn't insane first.

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013
I think if you hold up as Machamp he poses and sparkles.

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
I think the gameplay doesn't look very interesting but I will still buy this day 1 and enjoy it. A thing to keep in mind is that the character select screen still has 4 empty character slots, so there's certainly going to be updates/dlc. Hell, there's already a v1.1 Update.

Re: bad local multiplayer, it makes some sense since in far-away mode the camera is third person and there are attacks and items spread around the ground. Having the wiiu pad as the second camera is the obvious solution, though that's probably what's causing limitations. Splitscreen may have worked, though it's hard to tell how well (I personally don't like splitscreen in fighting/mecha games.)
Still sucks.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Hope I'm not coming across as too negative but that's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

The Kingfish posted:

Hope I'm not coming across as too negative but that's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Honestly, I would rather that solution than this:

Benach posted:

... Splitscreen may have worked, though it's hard to tell how well (I personally don't like splitscreen in fighting/mecha games.)
Still sucks.

Split screen in TYOOL 2016 shouldn't be much of a problem with the size TV's we have now, but it's still a archaic solution. :( Hyrule Warriors did a similar solution when using 2 players and I think it worked fine there too.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

If Team Rocket doesn't interrupt fights to try and capture the pokemon fighting in the ring during story mode, then the game's gonna be bad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rofl

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
I'm in Europe, and I got my copy a day early! :dance: I can't wait to play online with nobody!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Magypsy posted:

I'm in Europe, and I got my copy a day early! :dance: I can't wait to play online with nobody!
There are people playing online right now and it all works really well which feels goooooood after a month of suffering Street Fighter V

:aaa::aaa: they even have rematch/go to character select as options after the match :aaa: :aaa:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Cat Machine posted:

There are people playing online right now and it all works really well which feels goooooood after a month of suffering Street Fighter V

:aaa::aaa: they even have rematch/go to character select as options after the match :aaa: :aaa:

These options aren't a thing in SF V? :(

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Is Pikachu a charge character?

fake: This game has style. I seriously love how ridiculous it looks.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

No Snorlax, but here's Chalendeur guys.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Playable Magikarp when?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Mordja posted:

Playable Magikarp when?

Homeboy is a support 'mon. And apparently doesn't just uselessly splash.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Most important to me - is there going to be a bunch of stupid poo poo to unlock, ala Tekken Tag Tournament 2 or Soul Calibur 5? It's a Namco fighting game, so I have hope.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

These options aren't a thing in SF V? :(

As soon as they could get two writhing masses of cellshaded dogshit to at least mimic the suggestion of a scuffle of some sort - they launched that bad boy out the window and screamed SIXTY loving DOLLARS, PLEASE.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

A hex to anyone whom got the game early. My reached NJ and will probably stay there until tommorrow noon :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

No one has mentioned the stream?

https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

• Locked thread