Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Combed Thunderclap posted:

First episode with commentary from Violet and Raja is up and it's so amazing.

They did the same thing last season and it was so fun, wish they'd do it for more than the first episode. :sigh:

It's up where? Logo's website?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Deathlove posted:

Derrick's body makes me want to die and is a glory of genetics.

She's been carb free for two weeks!

Is butter a carb?

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Not Today Satan posted:

So, am I the only one who kinda sees Pepper from American Horror Story during Acid Betty's talking head segments? I feel like a jerk typing that out :(

Eight Dollars posted:

That was the first thing that popped into my head was well :(

You're not the only ones... :allears:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I've met the woman who plays pepper irl and tbh she is way more attractive than acid betty out of drag

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Nihonniboku posted:

It's up where? Logo's website?

http://logo.to/1RCcGox

I can't watch it tho boo Logo :(

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Apparently there's some drama going around about Acid Betty being an abusive ex-boyfriend :(

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Bina posted:

Apparently there's some drama going around about Acid Betty being an abusive ex-boyfriend :(

The accusation (alleged spoiler warning)
Reddit Thread

More tea at 11 (well not really)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
If that spoiler is accurate, props on Ru for actually eliminating somebody for being terrible. I guess it's possible that he just means terribly bad at drag, but if it's for being a terrible human it'd be a refreshing change of pace. The single worst part of this show is how ugly the queens can be to each other. I'm all about tea and shade, but there's a line.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
If Acid Betty is actually abusive that's terrible but as for Drag Race... :munch:

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Bina posted:

You're not the only ones... :allears:

Hahaha! So glad I wasn't the only one.

All that tea is crazy!

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

CHiRAL posted:

The accusation (alleged spoiler warning)
Reddit Thread

More tea at 11 (well not really)

Apparently you can't find the original hashtag anymore.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Bina posted:

Apparently you can't find the original hashtag anymore.

Looks like the entry is deleted/private now, part of why Reddit always screencaps their drama fodder.
Now all that's left is to wait for a statement from Acid.

Meh. Who cares? There's a new Beatdown.

eta: ah, there we go

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 11, 2016

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Willam performed at s4 last night. Texted shade with me, asked how spite house was, still talented as all gently caress. Go see her.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
While my top 3 is still Kim Chi, Bob, and Acid Betty (unless those rumors end up being true), I have to say Chi Chi and Cynthia are going to be the most memorable middle-of-the-road queens. You'd think Cynthia's "cucu" would get old, but nope. Everything else that comes out of her mouth is also gold. Chi Chi is just precious, and I feel bad for thinking she'd be this season's Kennedy. If I had to pick Miss Congeniality based on the first episode, it'd be her.

Minor spoiler for next episode: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCzFo9GRqC0/

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I can't stop watching next Mini Challenge on Logo's website. FABULOUS!

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

gandlethorpe posted:

You'd think Cynthia's "cucu" would get old

And you'd be right. She's trying to make fetch work. Stop trying to make fetch work.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

gandlethorpe posted:

You'd think Cynthia's "cucu" would get old, but nope.

Counterpoint: yep. Almost immediately.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Flyinglemur posted:

And you'd be right. She's trying to make fetch work. Stop trying to make fetch work.

It works for some, I'm personally not bothered by it. Everything else she said has also been entertaining and combined with Chi Chi things just get magical

gays fashion
Dec 28, 2012

It annoyed me when I watched the last episode, but I was cracking up when I saw her in that preview clip. I have a feeling that it's gonna be one of those catchphrases that's so stupid and forced that it becomes endearing.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Gurl her cucu is hella on fleek, natch.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Pinwiz11 posted:

To come: Katya [sic]

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

CHiRAL posted:

It works for some, I'm personally not bothered by it. Everything else she said has also been entertaining and combined with Chi Chi things just get magical

Yeah I like her quite a bit in general, I just think the catchphrase is boring and way too obviously forced.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Not on tonight!

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

gandlethorpe posted:

You'd think Cynthia's "cucu" would get old, but nope. Everything else that comes out of her mouth is also gold.
Seen-tee-yah! She's a bit overwhelming but she looks like she's genuinely enjoying every second in drag, I can't find it in me to be annoyed with her... I love her zest.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

gays fashion posted:

It annoyed me when I watched the last episode, but I was cracking up when I saw her in that preview clip. I have a feeling that it's gonna be one of those catchphrases that's so stupid and forced that it becomes endearing.

It's possible. I remember how much I originally hated Laganja's "oh-kurrrrrrrrr" and now I begrudgingly like it

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Pinwiz11 posted:

To come: Katya,

CHiRAL posted:

katya gifs

This is probably my favorite one-liner she's ever said.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
So I just finished the first ep and I love me some Kim Chi. When she cracked the joke about the doughnut and started cracking up, I was sold.

I don't know if it was because the cast last season was so lovely, but this feels like a better progression from season 6 than 7 was.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The cast was all right (for the most part). The challenges were lovely.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I checked out of season 7 when Katya was eliminated and I don't feel as though I missed a thing.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Finally watched ep 2 preview.

Thorgy out of drag keeps reminding me of Cosima from Orphan Black.

CaptainScraps posted:

asked how spite house was
Still allllll up in my feelings about this. :3:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

SHADE TREE CAM!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
If it were my show, I'd only have the Shade Tree for one episode. Right before everyone performed their dance number, I'd show all the queens each other's confessions on a big screen.

Poor can't dance Kim Chi. So adorable out of drag, too.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
I think I fell asleep during the LSFYL jesus.

But that challenge was amazing I loved it.

edit: I loving knew it

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Two episodes in, and this season is already head and shoulders above season 7.

I will die if that call is to Shangela. Also, worst LSFYL ever.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

I could tell by Michelle's expression that the result I wanted was about to happen. Seriously, how loving hard is I Will Survive

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
That was the right call. How the gently caress do you do some limp-dick performance of that anthem? As much as I liked Dax Exclaimationpoint she didn't deliver in either episode.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.
Was it just me or was Laila actually missing a few words? I swear, I can count the amount of times I've done drag on one finger, and yet I'm sure I could bust out a better I Will Survive than either of those queens. When the clothes came flying off I was just shaking my head.

Goodbye. Dax, I was hoping for more cosplay. Laila, you reminded me of Bebop from the TMNT out of drag and you were kind of hot.

Bring on Shangela!

Illuen fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 15, 2016

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That's basically a "you are not a drag queen if you can't do this blindfolded and asleep" song

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Illuen posted:

Bring on Katya!
Fixed your typo there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Naysha back? Tempest back? Skarlet Starlet not actually lying?

• Locked thread