Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

corn in the bible posted:

i like six feet under

i also like six feet under very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

raditts posted:

Is there any show where Michael Rapaport is a good fit, pretty much everything I've seen him in has been poo poo and he is the specific reason it was poo poo

My Name is Earl.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sounds like another battle is a brewing as Syfy just had a commercial where they want you to call Dish so they don't drop the channel.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

muscles like this? posted:

Sounds like another battle is a brewing as Syfy just had a commercial where they want you to call Dish so they don't drop the channel.

I can just see Dish bracing for the 7 incoming calls.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Baronash posted:

I can just see Dish bracing for the 7 incoming calls.

Dish is why I hate shopping at best buy. Sometimes I go there to get a movie that I don't want to wait to be shipped from amazon. Especially now that Walmart carries poo poo for movies.

But there is always at least one Dish Network representative prowling the area and if you don't get straight in and straight out with your movie, they will approach you. "Can I ask you, are you happy with your television service?"

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I have Dish and I record alot of stuff on Syfy

The Magicians
Z Nation
12 Monkey's
Dark Matter
Killjoys
The Expanse

Also Haven and Defiance which just ended.

Then upcoming shows such as Hyperion and Gateway. Wynonna Earp might be good.

Bad day if Dish dropped em.

GreenNight fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 15, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I just watched my first episode of Community.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Snak posted:

You should stop now and watch My Name is Earl instead.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

smg77 posted:

I've already seen at least one episode of that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Snak posted:

keep going

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

smg77 posted:

they're both good comedies that don't maintain a consistent quality.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Snak posted:

Dish is why I hate shopping at best buy. Sometimes I go there to get a movie that I don't want to wait to be shipped from amazon. Especially now that Walmart carries poo poo for movies.

But there is always at least one Dish Network representative prowling the area and if you don't get straight in and straight out with your movie, they will approach you. "Can I ask you, are you happy with your television service?"

Whenever I go to Best Buy for something, I wish I had the problem of there being somebody actually being around, rather than one of the 5 people there not trying to sell an elderly couple a Monster cable for 30 minutes.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Snak posted:

it is so hard to say "no thanks have a nice day" I agree. Talking to other humans. Ugh

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

they're both good comedies that don't maintain a consistent quality.

This is a tough, but fair, assessment.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

blue squares posted:

it is so hard to say "no thanks have a nice day" I agree. Talking to other humans. Ugh

Is shop assistants/ sales reps or whatever being annoying a new concept to you or something.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

blue squares posted:

Not at all. It's mostly that if I'm there for more than 30 seconds it's because I'm trying to find the movie I'm looking for because they are organized in some terrible method that isn't helpful. And then the person that comes to talk to me isn't able to help me, but they are interrupting my attempt to find the only thing I came into the store for in order to try to sell me something I do not want. Talking to people is just fine. Talking to someone who's motive for talking to me is to sell me something is not a happenstance social interaction with another human being. It is an engineered and literally scripted event of economic predation. And I can't hold it against the sales-person too much because we all have jobs that compromise us ethically and do things we hate in order to survive. So I would much rather avoid the whole situation by not going to best buy. Hence the phrase "...why I hate shopping at Best Buy".

edit: ^see, if it was an employee asking if I was finding everything alright, I could say "actually, I'm looking for such-and-such movie" and that would be helpful. That has never happened.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I hate Best Buy because I'm convinced they purposefully hire the most incompetent people they can find. I've only been in the stores a few times and it's been a nightmare every single time if I actually need to buy something.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 15, 2016

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Wandle Cax posted:

Is shop assistants/ sales reps or whatever being annoying a new concept to you or something.

Yeah because I'm not a weirdo who can't just smile at a stranger and tell them no

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Snak posted:

Enjoy all three seasons of it.

Because there were only three seasons.

Anything else you may have heard is a malicious lie.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I bet blue squares loves shopping for used cars. he also enjoys it when jehovahs witnesses visit his house. what a nice normal non wierdo he is.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Mu Zeta posted:

I hate Best Buy because I'm convinced they purposefully hire the most incompetent people they can find. I've only been in the stores a few times and it's been a nightmare every single time if I actually need to buy something.

I worked at a Best Buy for a number of years and I can confirm this to be true.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Spatula City posted:

Enjoy all three seasons of it.

Because there were only three seasons.

Anything else you may have heard is a malicious lie.

#Threeseasonsandnomovie

Agreed though. Everything after season 3 is lovely.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Ravane posted:

#Threeseasonsandnomovie

Agreed though. Everything after season 3 is lovely.

Didn't see season 5 or 6 did you?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

BSam posted:

Didn't see season 5 or 6 did you?

I did, I didn't like them.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Ravane posted:

I did, I didn't like them.

Oh yeah, I forgot I was talking to Ravane. My bad, guys.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

BSam posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot I was talking to Ravane. My bad, guys.

Sorry, I forgot I was talking to a goon that can't accept opinions other than his own. My bad y'all.

The show completely falls apart in my opinion because it loses the character dynamic it had in the first three seasons. There's my reasoning.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

raditts posted:

Is there any show where Michael Rapaport is a good fit, pretty much everything I've seen him in has been poo poo and he is the specific reason it was poo poo
He is perfect in The War at Home. You can ignore him and one of the worst television shows at the same time. It's very convenient.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This weird group decision that season 6 of Community is really good is so interesting to witness

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

This weird group decision that season 6 of Community is really good is so interesting to witness

I know right, it's almost as if we watched it and realised that it is good.
While nowhere near the best season of community, it is still streets ahead of that one season that was bad.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The best episodes of season 4 are way better than the worst episodes of season 6 imo

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

The best episodes of season 4 are way better than the worst episodes of season 6 imo

Yeah, but season six really comes into it's own when Jeff drives Mortis into a massive loss against Changs Hypnosdisc.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I checked the last 5 pages or so, is there a thread for Flaked? New show on the netflick?

I don't know how I feel about it yet.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Someone must have been really bummed about season 5 of arrested development not panning out for this to be a thing. Watching the first episode.

EDIT: I don't even know what genre I'd put this show in. Talk about a flat pilot. :psyduck:

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Mar 15, 2016

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Season six is worth it just for Keith David.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu71O36zwiw

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Adult Swim did a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-pj8OtyO2I

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Season six is worth it just for Keith David.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu71O36zwiw

That is an amazing punchline.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

BSam posted:

I checked the last 5 pages or so, is there a thread for Flaked? New show on the netflick?

I watched it over the weekend and finished it last night. It is good, but not great. It is a bit weird in parts and has a really weird sort of humour to it. I think I'd say it was a tame version of Californication. Alcoholism, california, 'hippies' and complex relationships with some weird on and off friendships/falling outs. Not as smart of clever as Arrested Development and a very different style of comedy, low key.

Basically, Bojack Horseman but in real life and no animal people. But not as deep, but also starring Wil Arnett.

Also, can a mod give my thread the drama tag? I messed up and of course left it out. Also, sticky it on Wednesdays: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768320

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

BSam posted:

Yeah, but season six really comes into it's own when Jeff drives Mortis into a massive loss against Changs Hypnosdisc.

My instinct is to accuse you of making poo poo up here, but then I recall what Community was like before I quit watching it and I know this is something that really happened in the show at some point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BSam posted:

I do. You think it's flawless and the best show other made, tied with all those other best shows ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm having trouble accepting a reality where people like Season 3 of Community (which I love, for the record) but find 5 and 6 to be somehow beyond the pale.

• Locked thread