Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrincessWuffles
Oct 19, 2004

Katya would be wonderful, but I have to wonder if she might be there in more of an advisory capacity, given her new YouTube show. I was actually pretty surprised she didn't feature in episode 101 of all things.

Shangela's return is just funnier as a silly threat than I fear it could be if she actually came back.

Because I can't stop with this post, what the gently caress are these lip-synchs? I'm sad to see Laila go, but fuuuck, this is two weeks in a row with these uninspiring wastes on LSFYL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Like a few of you, the whole LSFYL I was thinking "Jesus just send em both packing". There are a handful of songs that every self-respecting queen should have a routine worked out for.

Is tearing off your dress going to be the new tearing off your wig?

PrincessWuffles
Oct 19, 2004

Oh, and Bettie is a real Conniving, Unbelievable, Nasty, Turd. Okay, I fell down on the T, but the real T is that I can't wait for her to fall hard on her giant loving face. If Chi-Chi or Thorgy could be the one to do it, so much the better.

No one speaking up about her being "a team player" was also pretty irritating, but those situations can really go either way, I guess.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

criscodisco posted:

Is tearing off your dress going to be the new tearing off your wig?

Next season it's going to be popping your tuck and peeling off your lashes.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I'm going to dissent and say that I thought it came off as a pre-planned reality show stunt.

I'm definitely not bitter because despite being obviously depicted as filler my favs both got sashay'd away before their time :qq:

(I'm just bitter and the double elim will probably just help highlight their careers and get them mad #Justice4 fans)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Emily A. Stanton posted:

I think I fell asleep during the LSFYL jesus.

But that challenge was amazing I loved it.

edit: I loving knew it

Where are you watching that it finishes that early? We were still waiting for the announcement of the bottom two. (Not that I'm complaining, just curious.)

That was an excellent musical number, so much better than what Lucious puts together.

Is it next Monday yet? :f5:

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
Watching it on a network called OUTTV in Canada. It was an hour and 15min episode. I find this network cuts down on commercials etc.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Laila could've stayed, but she popped her heels off and we know that Mother Does Not Play ...that

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
that acapella arrangement was everything

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

angerbeet posted:

Naysha back?

Naysha's flight deck marshall dancing and toga party seamstressing would be a total waste to bring back as she is right back out should either talent be part of the next main challenge.

I think it will be an old UFC-style out-of-the-blue true alternate. A drag Steve Jennum, if you will.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I love kim chi so much she is so sweet and sincere I hope she gains some self confidence from all this

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I also think Naomi deserved more than safe, she did a great job and that runway was insaaaane

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Naomi did a gorgeous runway this week but I think if she lasts much longer she's going to get Stop Relying On That Body from Michelle, since she hasn't really stood out to me otherwise apart from her legs that don't quit.

Loving Chi Chi! She deserved that one.

Also loving Kim Chi. How she stomps out onto the runway like a linebacker, a full head taller than the other queens and gives a bashful laugh when she talks. What was it she said, probably misquoting - "I just want to feel like I'm a nymph from a cherry blossom tree who floated down to party with all the forest people." Girl, you are. You are.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I don't even mind Naomi relying on that body I could look at her all day and I'm a raging lesbian

the judges faces during the lip sync were so good they were NOT having it

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Yeah, oh my god, that lip sync was terrible. Every time the camera panned to Michelle's face like :| I just cracked up because I figured she was going to read them to filth over it. Dax, WTF, "disco's not really my genre", come on! Have you never even been to a karaoke bar, how do you not know the words to this song? Also I do not want to ever see another queen rip her dress off unless she has Courtney Act's butterfly wedding nude bodysuit on underneath. That was not a good move.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

That poo poo was cray. I loved it.

I'm guessing they'll bring in a new queen for 100... and 1! It looks like Reddit is already claiming it'll be Skarlet Starlet.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

That poo poo was cray. I loved it.

I'm guessing they'll bring in a new queen for 100... and 1! It looks like Reddit is already claiming it'll be Skarlet Starlet.

At least that's better than bringing back a queen who was already on the show. Plus, you've got INSTANT villain heat from whomever shows up.

Sad that Dax was eliminated. I wanted to see more from her, I love a geeky queen. But she seemed to be like the Comic Con version of a pageant queen: all look and no play.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Mouse Dresser posted:

At least that's better than bringing back a queen who was already on the show. Plus, you've got INSTANT villain heat from whomever shows up.

Sad that Dax was eliminated. I wanted to see more from her, I love a geeky queen. But she seemed to be like the Comic Con version of a pageant queen: all look and no play.

I loved Dax's nerd schtick, and wish she had more opportunities to show it off — but you really can't wait for the show to give you chances to show off your schtick. You gotta really shove it in there at all times (see Bob constantly cracking wise, Derrick immediately doing Britney repeatedly) and always be ready for a lip sync just in case (in the Queens' Commentary last week Violet revealed she always built tearaways and other gimmicks into her outfit just in case, if either of the queens had something like that up their sleeves/dresses that might have made the differen — haha just kidding, Ru had this planned all along so he could bring someone back and cause :frogsiren:drama:frogsiren:).

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I want Shangela to come back after that. THAT song, and Layla strutting her hog body around. "No."

That Lipsync was poo poo. Grats to Michelle and Ru for making that decision.

I AM SO HAPPY KIM CHI MADE IT and I am also proud of her for voicing that she was a virgin I bet you her social media is going to blow the gently caress up since that.

Chi Chi did really well, I didn't like the runway look.

Bob should have had a fuller and larger afro. SHE ALL READAHH HAD HERSESAHHHHH

Robbie really turned it out this week. The performance was actually memorable and funny. That dress tho...Woof.

Bettie being salty as always.

Cynthia shouldn't have been safe. I felt she was bottom two material. :(

Thorgy is genuinely sweet and honest. I want to see her make top two at least. SPILL ALL THE NYC TEA

Naomi had rear end for days during the performance. Loved that look. Need to see more from her, else I will get bored quick.

Britney was serving High School musical for me, and the runway look was a bedazzled piece of poo poo, especially with that hair and those shoes. It was a mess.

Layla looked like hell. Dress needed to be yanked around her, instead of looking like a sparkly green sack of potatoes.

Dax looked like mother of the bride, and that hem line was a big NO NO. We're season 8, not Season 2.

Anyone else notice Michelle is thin?

Bina fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Mar 15, 2016

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
I was feeling that episode so much. And some of those acapella arrangements of songs got to me more than the originals.

The ending ruined it a bit. I didn't like how the lipsync results were telegraphed before it even started. That's not cute. If the editors can make Katya teleport in Untucked, and Max show up immediately before "She Already Done Had Herses" in the episode after she was eliminated, why you gotta tell me the ending of the lipsync for your life before it begins?

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I noticed that the bottom 2 had home-made dresses. So did Chi Chi, but at least she really brought it to the challenge.

Nothing wrong with home-made, but you've got to have it punched the gently caress up. A Simplicity pattern dress is not going to cut it. If you know you're going to be on Drag Race, advertise the gently caress on Craigslist and find a god damned costume seamstress, not a home sewing person.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
My NYC drag sources are telling me the new queen will be BibleGirl666. She's been dead silent on tumblr for months, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

My NYC drag sources are telling me the new queen will be BibleGirl666. She's been dead silent on tumblr for months, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Anyone know much about her? I've only seen a few pictures, and I'm not impressed at all.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Reddit HATES her.
As far as I can tell she's a basic queen with a following of teenage fans she likes to sic on other people's social media.
Back when Tyra had her suicide fiasco on twitter she started the hashtag #BlockedByTyra for example.
Her fans also nagged WoW about the Transformations video she filmed with JSJ which resulted in the shortest episode yet.

tl;dr: Pretty but basic and obnoxious.

Bina posted:

I AM SO HAPPY KIM CHI MADE IT and I am also proud of her for voicing that she was a virgin I bet you her social media is going to blow the gently caress up since that.
Spoiler Alert not anymore! :v:

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I'm kinda glad Dax is gone. We already had a season of Tyra making excuses for everything.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I don't think it's going to be a new queen. Logo's website put up the preview and while it cuts before they reveal who it is, the preview has a big subtitle that says "WHO WILL RETURN" on it.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Kim Chi needs to work on her confidence. She's like the one cute guy this season. But I get it, the inner fatty never truly dies, no matter how in shape you get.

I wasn't impressed by Thorgy last week, and in fact found her kind of annoying, but this was Thorgy's challenge. She absolutely killed it.

But Ru loves a ghetto queen. We've seen it time after time. If you do a ghetto queen even half-assed competently, Ru just gobbles it up. Don't get me wrong, Chichi did well, but Thorgy deserved the win.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

overseer07 posted:

Two episodes in, and this season is already head and shoulders above season 7.

Yeah seriously. I'm already pretending S7 didn't happen. It was so thoroughly forgettable that it's actually quite easy.

Not to be weird but I just kinda want to pet Kim Chi and tell her everything's going to be okay.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Trig Discipline posted:

Not to be weird but I just kinda want to pet Kim Chi and tell her everything's going to be okay.
I am in that exact same boat. Just hold her close and tell her she's awesome.

Also while I'm sad to see Dax and Laila go, that lip sync was trash.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

the escape goat posted:

Laila could've stayed, but she popped her heels off and we know that Mother Does Not Play ...that

Well played! Can't stop laughing at this!

CHiRAL posted:

Reddit HATES her.
As far as I can tell she's a basic queen with a following of teenage fans she likes to sic on other people's social media.
Back when Tyra had her suicide fiasco on twitter she started the hashtag #BlockedByTyra for example.
Her fans also nagged WoW about the Transformations video she filmed with JSJ which resulted in the shortest episode yet.

tl;dr: Pretty but basic and obnoxious.
[/url]

She's an interesting follow in Instagram but yeah, she's not nearly as polished as a lot of other queens.

I've also been thinking it over a bit about the Acid Betty T. Do you think if she gets eliminated for the reasons being mentioned through the grapevine that Ru may also bring an earlier eliminated queen back? I'd really like to see how this all turns out.

This season is awesome!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline posted:

This is exactly how I feel. I want to give her a hug.

Also that LSFYL elimination was totally justified because jesus gently caress what was that boring poo poo.

If the person coming back isn't Shangela in a bigger, fancier box I will throw things.

EDIT: Also this, Thorgy's adorable.

Bina posted:

Thorgy is genuinely sweet and honest. I want to see her make top two at least. SPILL ALL THE NYC TEA

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

SANTINO IS COMING BACK

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Stoat posted:

SANTINO IS COMING BACK

You shut your mouth! No more Santino!

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
bring back Willam and have her read Betty to filth

alternatively, bring back Mimi Imfurst and pair her with Betty for the next challenge, they'd get along fabulously

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I SO want to see Willam read Betty now. Honestly, Betty's been a bitch but she hasn't been so awesome at reading people or anything. Just kind of acts like an rear end in a top hat without making you laugh. I don't care what she says, Bianca del Rio ain't afraid of her.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

A God drat Ghost posted:

I SO want to see Willam read Betty now. Honestly, Betty's been a bitch but she hasn't been so awesome at reading people or anything. Just kind of acts like an rear end in a top hat without making you laugh. I don't care what she says, Bianca del Rio ain't afraid of her.

I like Betty's looks; I appreciate a queen who embraces an avant-garde aesthetic. But her personality (and to be honest, the editing of the show, too) is just exceedingly mean and awful. I found Thorgy's comment of Betty not performing that much because people don't want to deal with her attitude and diva-ness to be pretty interesting and revealing. Betty's a good villain, up until a certain point in the season. The "I am just so loving rude to everyone" schtick wears thin pretty loving quickly.

Kind of hoping that the ex's Facebook spoiler turns out to be true.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Mouse Dresser posted:

I like Betty's looks; I appreciate a queen who embraces an avant-garde aesthetic. But her personality (and to be honest, the editing of the show, too) is just exceedingly mean and awful. I found Thorgy's comment of Betty not performing that much because people don't want to deal with her attitude and diva-ness to be pretty interesting and revealing. Betty's a good villain, up until a certain point in the season. The "I am just so loving rude to everyone" schtick wears thin pretty loving quickly.

Kind of hoping that the ex's Facebook spoiler turns out to be true.

Yeah, I love her looks - she was absolutely a favorite going into the show from having seen her Instagram. I'm still kind of hoping she gets to be Top 3, her looks make her Top 3 material imo, regardless of her attitude. I agree with you about Thorgy's comment, and I don't think Thorgy seems like the type to make that up. Maybe Betty will have a character arc where she learns to be less of a villain?

I definitely don't hope the FB thing is true, it's too awful.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I also don't want to see one of the queens I am rooting for go down in history for being an abusive rear end in a top hat. On the other hand, I would like to see Betty be sent home for Ru not putting up with that, and giving Betty the chance at being a winner. Winners don't beat people up.

Apparently there is a interview with Trixie going around where even she is aware that Betty is a douche.

Betty even said in MTQ that no one is rooting for her, and didn't seem bothered at all.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I know this is ridiculous, but I can't figure out how to read reddit. Is there more detail on the accusation in that link, or is it just fan discussion based on the tweet that was also posted earlier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Acid Berry

technical problems by Cynthia Lee Fontaine

• Locked thread