Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Just watched the train wreck of a lipsync and it made me feel sad. I was hoping one would pull off a (You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman lipsync, a la Latrice Royale and just stick to the stage and emote while the other one wiggles around like a manic elf on stage.

Also gently caress Acid Betty. Chi Chi was trying her best to lead, but you can't lead controlling rear end in a top hat. Didn't listen to anything, ready to just blame her for everything if they lost, criticized and provided no content, and generally a sour grape. God, I hop she leaves, it's like nails on a chalkboard, she's acerbic and it's painful to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well I mean she's not Sweet Betty, she kind of comes as it says on the tin. Honestly I'm glad to have a villain who is just a bitch, just a real lowlife stank rear end bitch. It's a refreshing change from the "we're all sisters" schtick the girls have been doing on the last seasons to avoid social media backlash.

Acid Betty's a bitch, and she knows it.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I know it probably wouldn't work because of the language barrier (berryer?) and all, but Cynthia Lee Fontaine's destiny is to be Juliette Lewis in Snatch Game.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Please somebody get a GIF of at the end where (I think) Naomi says "shut the gently caress up" in response to the LSFYL result and I will be eternally grateful.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I'm not sure if I want Derrick Barry to be Britney in Snatch Game. If she does Britney, it'll be expected and she'll be safe. If she does someone else, she'll have to loving SLAY it, because Michelle will just ask her why she didn't impersonate Britney instead of being awful.

I'm very curious as to who each queen is going to impersonate for Snatch Game. That's my favorite challenge.

I could see Thorgy going for Carol Burnett. Bob's will undoubtedly be amazing, whomever she chooses.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Mouse Dresser posted:

I'm not sure if I want Derrick Barry to be Britney in Snatch Game. If she does Britney, it'll be expected and she'll be safe. If she does someone else, she'll have to loving SLAY it, because Michelle will just ask her why she didn't impersonate Britney instead of being awful.

I'm very curious as to who each queen is going to impersonate for Snatch Game. That's my favorite challenge.

I could see Thorgy going for Carol Burnett. Bob's will undoubtedly be amazing, whomever she chooses.

I hope Bob chooses Britney just to gently caress with Derrick

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Troposphere posted:

I hope Bob chooses Britney just to gently caress with Derrick

:pray:

Snatch game is going to be so good this season (although God Naomi better play someone funny can't take another pop star on snatch game)

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

- This week's challenge was a hoot and a holler
- I hate Acid Betty's attitude but I also love it. She's the heel. Having a good heel makes you root for the faces. It's basic wrestling (and reality TV) psychology. Also her hat thing on the runway was loving cool.
- Loved seeing all the pictures of them as kids/teenagers etc., more development for so many of them than I feel like we got for anybody last season
- Robbie Turner out of drag looks so much like a young David Byrne
- Michelle Visage looks insanely good this season
- I have come around on Thorgy, I was initially put off by the white person dreads but I love the honest t. I think I might be rooting for Thorgy.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
So, overall impressions after watching this week's episode and Untucked for a second time--

Acid Betty, Bob, and Kim Chi still look like the top three. Dancing was going to be Kim Chi's weakness, and assuming she steps up her runway walk (heh) she should be fine. Maybe there's terrible Betty T out there that will have her leave early but just based on what we've seen she's still up there.

Thorgy, CLF, Chi Chi and Derrick Berry might have top three potential. Thorgy and CLF are both funny, super nice and genuine people (see Bob complimenting CLF for being really helpful and a selfless team leader in Untucked) but none of their looks have wowed me and there's a lot of competition. Derrick's Britney is amazing obviously, but her runways have been underwhelming and so far she's not doing a good job demonstrating that she's more than Britney imo. Chi Chi has an amazing personality and drat, the dance moves this episode. Seems like her main hurdle is being a "thrift store" queen so she may have trouble competing on the runway against the likes of Kim Chi and Acid Betty.

I'm ready for Naomi and Robbie to go home. Naomi is coming across kind of shady/bitchy and hasn't impressed me beyond having LEGS FOR DAYS. Robbie is most entertaining in confessionals, everything else from her so far has been forgettable and that dress last week was bad.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Bob to Dax! on Untucked: "If I had to describe your padding in one word, it would be suspicious."

lmao

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

The Berzerker posted:

Bob to Dax! on Untucked: "If I had to describe your padding in one word, it would be suspicious."

lmao

Bob is basically running Untucked like a late night show she's the host of, it's great.

And yeah when Dax asks the room "so is my butt lumpy??"

everyone: YES.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

This week was full of :tviv: moments.

- Kim Chi is still virgin!

:tviv:

- Chi Chi was a gang banger

- Double Elimination with someone new showing up next week

- Derrick is in a throuple!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Pellisworth posted:

Bob is basically running Untucked like a late night show she's the host of, it's great.
Seriously, I'm loving this. She killed me this week.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I might be visiting friends in New England soon. I hope I don't get seasick too easily :(

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I get the villain editing, I appreciate people choosing to be "the bitch" as their persona, I get this is a competition. That said, Betty needs to be a goddamn professional. Based on the editing she was caught in a half-dozen hypocrisies (and don't think I wasn't listening week one, too) when it came to the challenge and the runway. If anything this week gave me a lot more hope for Chi Chi to make it further than most would expect and respect for her still trying to lead the team since we've seen way too many queens drop the ball on that! I also appreciated the contrast of Thorgy being honest about the problems and differences of opinion when it came to the comedy part of the choreography. All rumors aside, Betty is going to bad attitude her way right off the show, I just hope it's sooner than later.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I like Acid Betty and hopes she gets worse to people. Driving people out via mindgames and additional pressure is legitimate and valid. Phi Phi did it and was robbed by that usurper Jinx Monsoon and Acid Betty is the incarnation of that glorious revenge.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Aww Kim Chi, that's not how the Shade Tree Room is supposed to work. :3:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Kim chi is too good and pure

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

shadow puppet of a posted:

Phi Phi did it and was robbed by that usurper Jinx Monsoon
Phi Phi was s4. You're probably thinking of Roxxxy, who still would have lost to her good buddy Alaska in the absence of Jinkx.

Acid Betty stands out among the legendary bitches of this show because she's the first to come across as downright mean. Phi Phi and Roxxxy were both sharp and reactive and said really nasty things, but it always seemed like a function of the competition, that they wouldn't have been nearly so awful outside the context of the show. Betty, otoh... I TOTALLY believe Thorgy's claim that she's an rear end in a top hat all the time, no matter what. Just waiting for an excuse to go in on someone for the fun of it. Even when she's superficially nice, you can tell she's looking for the shortest route to the jugular.

Another thing: previous villains beefed with individuals -- Phi Phi vs Sharon, Roxxxy vs Jinkx. Acid Betty's evil encompasses the whole world, afaict. She bleeds contempt.

I am really curious to see where they go with this.

spite house fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 16, 2016

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I've known so many people like acid Betty in art school that thought their talent excused them being total assholes to everyone and it's an insufferable quality to have

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I'm praying to the drag gods that Shangela pops out of that box again. I'll also settle for Trixie. Sadly no chance in drag hell of Willam.

Why isn't this spoiled yet? I have to know!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Thank you for fixing my recollection of hallucinated Drag Race fever dream history.

Alvarez IV
Aug 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
This time last season, the LSFYLs were some song by RuPaul that not even her sycophants on the judging panel would pretend to like, and a song by Olivia Newton-John that wasn't "Physical." Even within those constraints, the performances themselves ranged from decent to Katya doing slow-splits and ramming her vagina into the floor. Now the show has a budget for one of Lady Gaga's gayer songs and the literal most classic drag queen song, and every lip-syncer has been eliminated? For shame. All that money spent for that. I'd reuse the song if it were me.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Chi chi's upside down dance moves sold me, I think she's on lock for top 5 or so

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
"We're doing I Will Survive until one of you gets it right. My show, my rules."

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I've added a space for the mystery contestant in the cast list, we'll see how it turns out. Watch it be Shangela just to gently caress with my joke.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Bringing in an entirely new queen seems weird from a casting stand point. If they're brand new and wanted to be on the show, why not just cast them to start. An old queen just makes more sense because the fans typically want to see more of their favorites and there are so many from which to pick.

Shangela was an episode 1 elimination. I'm wondering if they will go with Kelly Mantle who seemed polished but just had a bad start.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Cocks Cable posted:

Bringing in an entirely new queen seems weird from a casting stand point. If they're brand new and wanted to be on the show, why not just cast them to start. An old queen just makes more sense because the fans typically want to see more of their favorites and there are so many from which to pick.

Shangela was an episode 1 elimination. I'm wondering if they will go with Kelly Mantle who seemed polished but just had a bad start.

Because they wanted to stick to the whole "100 queens" thing, possibly.

Now that I know BibleGirlWhoever is a possibility, I'm hoping it's her, simply because the other three NYC queens might have a truckload of poo poo to say about her.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Cael posted:

Please somebody get a GIF of at the end where (I think) Naomi says "shut the gently caress up" in response to the LSFYL result and I will be eternally grateful.

Show, or Untucked?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ironic Twist posted:

Because they wanted to stick to the whole "100 queens" thing, possibly.
There's only one choice, then.

HAYYYYY PORKCHOPPPPP! :haw:

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Ooh, I had an idea.

What if they brought back a group of eliminated queens, and paired them up with everyone else, like how they did with Trixie?

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Bina posted:

Ooh, I had an idea.

What if they brought back a group of eliminated queens, and paired them up with everyone else, like how they did with Trixie?

That would be one fabulous clown car.

They all need to arrive in this:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Nthing the "How did you get to Drag Race and not have a good I Will Survive tucked away", my godddddd

I can't foresee a world where Bob isn't in the finale. Also if she doesn't do Michelle Obama for Snatch Game, I'm going to be actively annoyed.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
CLF was talking about her super secret Snatch Game pick in the first Untucked.

I don't think she's top 3 quality this season, but I really hope she stays around until Snatch Game. She seems to understand English and the other girls perfectly fine unlike a lot of earlier Puerto Rican girls, it's just that everything she says gets hilariously lost in translation.

It will be goddesses. Yes ma'am. What can I do for Jew?

Someone GIF the bit in this week's untucked where she's like "oh it's Betty not Berry, technical problems by Seeeentia Lee Fontaine" and gives face to the camera

Unrelated, but Derrick is sort of giving me a Milan vibe with her attitude. Girl, you're reading a lot of the other girls pretty hard given your "meh" performances so far. Bob was right about her projecting her own weaknesses on everyone else.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Pellisworth posted:

CLF was talking about her super secret Snatch Game pick in the first Untucked.

I don't think she's top 3 quality this season, but I really hope she stays around until Snatch Game. She seems to understand English and the other girls perfectly fine unlike a lot of earlier Puerto Rican girls, it's just that everything she says gets hilariously lost in translation.

It will be goddesses. Yes ma'am. What can I do for Jew?

Someone GIF the bit in this week's untucked where she's like "oh it's Betty not Berry, technical problems by Seeeentia Lee Fontaine" and gives face to the camera

Unrelated, but Derrick is sort of giving me a Milan vibe with her attitude. Girl, you're reading a lot of the other girls pretty hard given your "meh" performances so far. Bob was right about her projecting her own weaknesses on everyone else.

Ask, and ye shall receive.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Bina posted:

Ask, and ye shall receive.

haha awesome, thanks!

If you're not watching Untucked it's been really good so far. I wasn't kidding when I said Bob's been running it, she's been safe both times and leading the discussion on who's top/bottom of the week etc which has kept it really interesting and focused.

Edit: because I'm sort of getting obsessed with this season (so many great queens), predictions/hopes:

Top 3: Bob, Kim Chi, Acid Betty unless she's actually committed domestic abuse.

Contenders / I need to see more: Thorgy, Chi Chi, Derrick Berry, SEEENTIA in about that order. This last episode was a dance challenge, it sounds like CLF was a wonderful team leader but didn't really stand out in the main challenge despite claiming to be a professional dancer. Thorgy, Chi Chi, and CLF all have very sincere and lovable personalities, I'm looking forward to gagging on their performance skills. I'm lukewarm on Derrick Berry, like I said she's not really giving me more than Britney impersonator so far but we'll see what she turns out.

On the chopping block: Naomi Smalls and Robbie Turner. Naomi's got legs for days and is coming across as a bit of a shady bitch. Robbie delivers good lines in confessionals. Neither of them have given us memorable looks on the runway or particularly exciting performances, and there's FIERCE competition. gently caress, you're playing against the looks of Kim Chi and Acid Betty and the wit of Bob. Bodyodyody and confessional shade ain't gonna cut it.

Obviously, it's reality TV and RuPaul is the final word on everything. Just my 2c on what we've seen so far.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Mar 16, 2016

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

Pellisworth posted:

Top 3: Bob, Kim Chi, Acid Betty unless she's actually committed domestic abuse.

Clarification on this rumor:
It's not that she's kicked off for having a personal history of [committing] domestic violence, it's that she gets the boot on episode five for having a physical altercation with someone on set. This was posted to facebook by someone who in the same post said something like "I guess I was the only queen who let him beat her."

:smith:

edit: Wait I'm a dumb and I realize now that you understandably mean you couldn't support someone who commits DV.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

caligulamprey posted:

Aww Kim Chi, that's not how the Shade Tree Room is supposed to work. :3:
I know, she took the Shade Tree and turned it into the Weeping Willow.

Capsaicin posted:

I might be visiting friends in New England soon. I hope I don't get seasick too easily :(
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Chi Chi is like the living embodiment of Ru's every fantasy :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
To be honest, I doubt half the queens there could do a good I Will Survive and am super bummed about how staged that whole shocking elimination was.

My top 3 prediction is Bob, Derrick and Naomi. Kim Chi's gonna leave fifth because you can tell they're giving her the kind of Katya "I lack confidence in myself" edit which will lead to a realization but then a fall to the bottom two where she'll be beaten by a good dancer. Then she'll win Miss Congeniality.

Eight Dollars fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 16, 2016

• Locked thread