Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
It's hilarious when they get a guy who has actual experience in public speaking pretty much right after Johan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Knights of the New Victoria 3

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
God drat it Paradox why release on May 9th, a Monday, when you could release on May 6th, a Friday?

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Also I just got them backwards so never mind!

Didn't notice - just wanna play these loving games. Sucks I only have 3 weeks vacation a year for now.

edit: start with a Kickstarter pitch end with a Diablo clone... okay then.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Officer Chunk is giving us the briefs guys :hist101:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Sky Shadowing posted:

God drat it Paradox why release on May 9th, a Monday, when you could release on May 6th, a Friday?

It's a conspiracy to get you fired so you can start your new and improved 100 hours/week Paradox game schedule once unemployed.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

MY BIRTHDAY IS MAY 8TH

HYPE GOT

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

New IP, looks like? "Tyranny" from Obsidian and Paradox.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
No gameplay footage.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
So a game about literal hitler, space hitler, and 2016 american president hitler

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pakled posted:

No gameplay footage.

The flashes looked like an ARPG, so snores.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Athaboros posted:

New IP, looks like? "Tyranny" from Obsidian and Paradox.

Looks like a Pillars base.

cerror
Feb 11, 2008

I have a bad feeling about this...
I liked Pillars, will also play Tyranny 'cause Paradox.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Man I'm going to be out of the country for June and most of May. Why are you doing this to me paradox :(

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Pakled posted:

No gameplay footage.

It looked like they had mocked up some animations in the PoE engine, so I'm assuming it's another isometric RPG?

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

It looked like they had mocked up some animations in the PoE engine, so I'm assuming it's another isometric RPG?

it is, as far as I can tell - screenshots here:

http://www.tyrannygame.com/media/

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Also no Vicky 3? Human status: revoked.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Puella Magissima posted:

Man I'm going to be out of the country for June and most of May. Why are you doing this to me paradox :(
April and May for me. Suddenly all those travel plans just seem like agony, rather than a delightful vacation.

Orv
May 4, 2011

amaranthine posted:

it is, as far as I can tell - screenshots here:

http://www.tyrannygame.com/media/

Eh, maybe it'll be less staid than Pillars.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Well stream is over, no live streaming of the coke fueled post-press conference orgy.

Now we just have to wait until we can pre-order Stellaris and HOI4 so we can throw our money around.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I cancelled my Victoria III pre-order, and will not pre-order again until I actually can and I'm not just scribbling the words 'Victoria III Pre-Order BINDING LEGAL DOCUMENT DO NOT STEEL' on paper.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
gonna go ahead and dump screenshots here for the lazy people:

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Just think Jonah- you had the power in your hand to change this thread title. You could have changed it all...

cerror
Feb 11, 2008

I have a bad feeling about this...
Welp. Gonna have to take May 9 off work. Sweet baby cheeses, I'm excited. :toot:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Surely Victoria 3 must be in development if Stellaris and HOI4 launch soon.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I thought the Tyranny thing looked really really stupid but the website makes it seem a lot more interesting. Apparently you play as a "Fatebinder" which I guess is like a judge charged with executing an evil overlord's will in occupied lands after the forces of evil win a big fantasy war. Like the Inquisitor from DA:I meets the Mouth of Sauron. Interesting premise, at least.

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 16, 2016

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I thought the Tyranny thing looked really really stupid but the website makes it seem a lot more interesting. Apparently you play as a "Fatebinder" which I guess is like a judge charged with executing an evil overlord's will in occupied lands after the forces of evil win a big fantasy war. Like the Inquisitor from DA:I meets the Mouth of Sauron. Interesting premise, at least.

Ooh, I do like the sound of a post-villain-victory game.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

God drat it my wife is away for 2 weeks but coming back May 10th. I'll have 2 weeks alone with ZERO space hitlers, then when she gets back I'll want to do nothing but play games.

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010
Project Augustus revealed to be a clicker game in promotion of Stellaris. Fantastic.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Barnaby Barnacle posted:

Project Augustus revealed to be a clicker game in promotion of Stellaris. Fantastic.

This game immediately knew who I was. The future is now.

edit:
jesus, what is the point of this game? To ruin my mouse or cause my carpal tunnel to manifest itself years sooner?

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 16, 2016

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Can we get a recap for people who weren't able to watch the stream? Sounds like the gist of it is:

- Stellaris May 6
- HOI4 June 6
- Another game...?

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.

Bold Robot posted:

Can we get a recap for people who weren't able to watch the stream? Sounds like the gist of it is:

- Stellaris May 6
- HOI4 June 6
- Another game...?

Stellaris May 9th, HOI4 June 6th, other game is Tyranny being made by Obsidian. No real details yet but there are some screenshots.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

edit:
jesus, what is the point of this game? To ruin my mouse or cause my carpal tunnel to manifest itself years sooner?

yeah I actually like cookie clicker but this one is literally just.. you press a single button. and occasionally you click things on the screen too.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Bold Robot posted:

- Stellaris May 6
- HOI4 June 6
- Another game...?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Some sort of kickstarter for a card game or something? And Obsidian is making some Diablo or Arcanum clone with more details to come.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Some sort of kickstarter for a card game or something? And Obsidian is making some Diablo or Arcanum clone with more details to come.

A kickstarter? Why would anyone donate money to a profitable company that is about to do an IPO?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bold Robot posted:

A kickstarter? Why would anyone donate money to a profitable company that is about to do an IPO?

You say this as if it hasn't already happened a bunch of times already.

Well, maybe not the IPO part specifically, but the rest? Sure.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Koramei posted:

yeah I actually like cookie clicker but this one is literally just.. you press a single button. and occasionally you click things on the screen too.

It is exceptionally tedious even for a clicker liker like me. I'm using an autoclicker and I'm at close to 100,000 clicks but essentially nothing has happened. The number of active users makes me think it might be some sort of collective thing but if so that's very unclear.

Bold Robot posted:

A kickstarter for $2500 no less.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
They liked the kid's game pitch but not enough to rifle through the couch for some of those spare Skylines benjamins. :10bux:

It's pretty funny that HoI4 got delayed for so long it slipped past Stellaris, but also pretty impressive Stellaris hasn't been delayed at all.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

jesus, what is the point of this game?
Click the thought bubble-question mark button in the bottom-right. If you have a Paradox account and are logged in it gives you some cosmetic forum and Stellaris stuff.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 16, 2016

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bold Robot posted:

I don't know but like an hour after the project was announced it already has 2,000 out of the requested 2500 dollars so I guess it worked.

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

So what's this kickstarter thing? I turned the stream off when they started unironically talking about how minecraft modding is going to change the way developing countries think about urban planning and empower poor children to shape their futures because video games.