Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

trucutru posted:

Jump to 3:30 and prepare to be amazed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Ya-EfQE-M

:pgabz: has seen things you wouldn't believe

I.....I...got nuthin'. gently caress it, I'm out. This is too much for my meds to handle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

trucutru posted:

lol what

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

trucutru posted:

Holy sparkles. I knew he came from the Musician's Lounge, but he's a professional sideman!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

trucutru posted:

That was back when I had an agent

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

orcinus posted:

Nothing ludicrous.
Apparently, he changed it up over time too and the previous ones weren't exactly ludicrous either.

PS: Have to ask... I'm a watch-obsessed idiot, but what's your excuse?

I used to be way more into watches than is healthy, but have since cut back

Curiosity got the better of me when I saw his wrist though , thinking for sure he would be flaunting something usually reserved for bank CEO's

Although in a way I guess he is a bank, all the whale sperm has to be worth something

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I've seen the Moon of Cyrus in full twerk

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Sappo569 posted:

I used to be way more into watches than is healthy, but have since cut back

That... sounds oddly familiar. *tips hat*

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

orcinus posted:

That... sounds oddly familiar. *tips hat*

Trilby / Fedora or gtfo

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Sappo569 posted:

Trilby / Fedora or gtfo

*tips neckbeard*

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

I like to imagine he's doing the tropey "director" thing where they hold up their thumb/forefingers in a square like they're framing a shot except he's doing it wrong because he's a god drat phoney.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Toops posted:

I like to imagine he's doing the tropey "director" thing where they hold up their thumb/forefingers in a square like they're framing a shot except he's doing it wrong because he's a god drat phoney.

it's possible he's trying to but the years of drug use have destroyed some of his fine motor skills

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Stakeholders can affect or be affected by the organization's actions, objectives and policies. Some examples of key stakeholders are creditors, directors, employees, government (and its agencies), owners (shareholders), suppliers, unions, and the community from which the business draws its resources.

Sounds suspect. I admit I do not know anything about sales in pledge development though.

paarp

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

CIG should buy the new humble bundle now to save on CryEngine assets

https://www.humblebundle.com/cryengine-bundle

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Found this while looking up :pgabz:
http://nm.merz-akademie.de/~helene.dams/icanhashistory/

1500 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 16, 2016

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

EminusSleepus posted:

CIG should buy the new humble bundle now to save on CryEngine assets

https://www.humblebundle.com/cryengine-bundle

There's a reason the 'Generic grey space game' pack isn't included in that bundle, CIG has exclusivity on the mundane.

Nov 3, 2015

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

uh im pretty sure this counts as doxxing

Nov 3, 2015

Original from Second Life?
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Dancing-Kitty-Animated-Cat/833392?id=833392&slug=Dancing-Kitty-Animated-Cat

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Wrecked Angle posted:

There's a reason the 'Generic grey space game' pack isn't included in that bundle, CIG has exclusivity on the mundane.

Proprietary Grey (TM)

e: I mean Parprietary.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Being one of the mascots for the downfall of the spiritual successor to Second Life means it has come full circle. Beautiful.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm dying h ha

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sundowner posted:

i'm down to record some samples tomorrow, do you have any particular dialog material and/or idea for the direction of BARK BARKTONA's voice :allears:

Yeah dude, here's the script.

email me at solarplebeian@gmail.com since you're one of the weirdos who have PM's disabled. This angers me because I have to do the formatting manually each time.

[Pilot] - Gruff and brash, like a mix between Han Solo and Josey Wales.
[Computer] - Posh British butler accent.

(Camera first person: Pilot gingerly enters the ship, grunting and cussing under his breath, sits down at the cockpit, and picks up a clipboard with a many pages of checklists and notes. Starts pressing buttons and pulling levers)

(He pauses, and after a long sigh looks up towards the upper console and presses the “Power” button. Electronics whir as they power up and dashboard lights flicker on, followed by the Windows 95 Startup sound)

[Computer] (chipper) “Good morning, Sir!"
[Pilot] (dismissive, preoccupied) “There are no mornings in space, Computer"
[Computer] (chipper) “Well! Rather a gloomy outlook, wouldn’t you say?"
(no reply, pilot alternates between looking at sheet and pressing buttons)
[Computer] (helpful, optimistic) "Don’t forget to prime the airbags, sir!"
[Pilot] (annoyed) “Every drat time I actuate the airbags something terrible happens. Don’t you remember Andoras?"
[Computer] (a chill runs down his motherboard) “How could I forget..."
(contemplative silence)
[Computer] (trying to recover) “A-anyway, I ran a thorough root cause analysis and could find no correlation whatsoever between airbag actuation and that dreadful bit of business in Andoras. Frankly sir, I think you’re being superstitious."
[Pilot] (flat, dismissive) “Your programming doesn’t account for premonition."
(brief pause)
[Computer] (timid) “Sir the hungry hungry hippos… They’re quite hungry this morning, sir.."
[Pilot] (angry) “Oh CAN IT, will you potato??"
[Computer] (optimistic) “Here, let’s have some music, shall we?"
(Plays “Don’t Stop 'Till You Get Enough” by Michael Jackson)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6t2n_Tbu3E&t=23s
[Pilot] (very annoyed, raised voice) “Oh, COME ON computer, you’re gonna play that, NOW??"
[Computer] (desperate, raised voice) “Sir, I feel if you could just make it to the chorus..."
[Pilot] (angry, yelling) “CUT THAT poo poo OFF MAN!!!"
(Music still plays)
(Pilot bangs violently on the console, music cuts off)
[Computer] (frenetic) “All right! all right! My word, we have enough problems as it is without you breaking more of my essential circuitry!"
[Pilot] (flat, preoccupied) “Your 80’s pop playlist is not essential, Computer."
[Computer] (under his breath) “If you can't enjoy M.J I wonder which of us is the living one..."
(pause, pilot sighs)
[Pilot] (apologetic) “Sorry compy, I had a rough night."
[Computer] (sad) "It's fine sir, it's fine. I should know better than to bother you with my trifles."
[Pilot] (contrite) *Sigh* "No, come on... How about a ballad?"
[Computer] (excited) “Coming right up, Commando!"
(Plays “Human Nature” by Michael Jackson)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNjqOoHOYPg
[Pilot] (stops for a minute, wistful) “Ahh, man. I love this song"
[Computer] (also wistful) “Me too, sir. Me too."

(Pilot hits the engine on button, ship powers up, zoom out, it shoots unsafely up off the landing pad, nearly missing a Sperg Starliner Cruise ship, and boosts out of frame. Music fades up, roll intro credits)

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Scruffpuff posted:

You know, if Derek hadn't blocked Ravane, we would not have achieved this heightened level of humour. In a sense, he trolled himself, and we reaped the many benefits.

I feel like this is something that has never been performed before on the internet. Something like, if you block someone on a forum and then are inadvertently trolled by his or her off-site account, all the while they admit the truth of the matter, it's really your own fault. Henceforth known as Leonard's Law. :)

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
It has happened plenty of times Derek will just keep blowing full steam ahead until people forget 10 pages from now

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I had to skip a few of the 380 unread posts, but am I right in thinking that Derek still doesn't realise that he was being twitter trolled by a goon in this very thread? And that he wasn't aware of this because he had ravane blocked?

If so.... :five: :yarg:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 16, 2016

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

fuctifino posted:

I had to skip a few of the 380 unread posts, but am I right in thinking that Derek still doesn't realise that he was being twitter trolled by a goon in this very thread? And that he wasn't aware of this because he had the ravane blocked?

If so.... :five: :yarg:

i am pretty sure he's gotten his head around it now and is playing it off as some "no i was trolling the entire forum, for you see, i knew all along!" grand vizier thing

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

alf_pogs posted:

i am pretty sure he's gotten his head around it now and is playing it off as some "no i was trolling the entire forum, for you see, i knew all along!" grand vizier thing

Ah, the puppet-master defence.

This loving thread is amazing :)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Derek you just experienced first hand why it's self defeating to put someone on ignore. At first you took it to be an SC shill like any of us would but then you missed the reveal that it was just a goon troll and kept wasting time dealing with it like you would with a real SC shill. It OK, it happened. You should have owned it and if you were Smart, taken everyone out of ignore. At this point the best you can do is pretend it never happened and never acknowledge it again, trying to double class a puppet_master/roll_with_the_punches combo is a noble effort but it's not getting any traction.
Know when to cut your losses.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

MeLKoR posted:

Derek you just experienced first hand why it's self defeating to put someone on ignore. At first you took it to be an SC shill like any of us would but then you missed the reveal that it was just a goon troll and kept wasting time dealing with it like you would with a real SC shill. It OK, it happened. You should have owned it and if you were Smart, taken everyone out of ignore. At this point the best you can do is pretend it never happened and never acknowledge it again, trying to double class a puppet_master/roll_with_the_punches combo is a noble effort but it's not getting any traction.
Know when to cut your losses.

This is pro advice from a veteran poster Derek he's seen some poo poo and knows what's up

Also check your emails :mad:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

No fiesta cat? Pffffff

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Lol, I guess I got blocked for saying LoD looks like poo poo too much. Stating my opinion makes me an annoying little poo poo I suppose. :shrug:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

to be fair, if i was derek smart on the internet, i would have an ignore list longer than trump's wall

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
you've got to have pretty thin skin to block someone on this forum

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Lowtax (if you are reading this).... are you able to put every goon on Derek's ignore list?

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 16, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Literally Kermit posted:

Speaking of backwards, can you please PM me a LoD key so I can Let's Play it?

I DO have that game. Have never seen anyone in it yet. If you need a target to shoot at, let me know!

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
:pgabz: :pgabz:

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 16, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:gary:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It needed bigger :pgabz:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

I'm sort of falling back in love with ED

You and me both. That Courier looks oh so sweet. As does, oh, the whole rest of the game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

this is so informative

• Locked thread