Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Those fuckers with their Turbografx 16 VC support. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Wayforward has confirmed Shantae Risky's Revenge Director's Cut (Wii U) will be out in Europe next week (March 24), US announcement "soon".

Risky's Revenge is the second game in the series, originally released on DSiWare. The one that's already on Wii U (Pirate's Curse) is game #3, the still-not-out-yet Kickstarter game (Half-Genie Hero) is game #4.

What does the Director's Cut change? I enjoyed Pirate's Curse and wouldn't mind playing some more shantae.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

In Training posted:

What does the Director's Cut change? I enjoyed Pirate's Curse and wouldn't mind playing some more shantae.
If it's anything like the PC version, here are the changes from the DSiWare version:

- Improved warp statue system - instead of only being able to warp between two linked statues, you can warp to any unlocked statue
- HD portrait artwork
- Unlockable "Magic Mode" for second playthroughs with an alternate costume, which gives you more magic at the cost of taking double damage

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I assume the alternate costume is skimpier.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

greatn posted:

:mrgw:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

greatn posted:

Yep.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Next week's JP Wii U VC games: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red & Blue (GBA & DS)
Wow, did we get some VC games before Japan?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Patter Song posted:

Those fuckers with their Turbografx 16 VC support. :sigh:

We can always hope for Cho Aniki 3D.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh Wayforward, you are nothing if not predictable.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

She takes double damage because she has less clothes on. It's simple math.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Shantae is pretty.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's kind of weird that fanservice is even a thing in the game where you play as a tiny sprite genie

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh that game is already on PS4, I might just pick it up there.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

It's kind of weird that fanservice is even a thing in the game where you play as a tiny sprite genie

Once upon a time tiny sprite fanservice was all we had

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Shantae miiverse is awesome.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

more like Shant-bae

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Jesus, put a :nws: warning on that.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Misty more like Steamy m i rite

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

In Training posted:

She takes double damage because she has less clothes on. It's simple math.

The only time female armor has made sense

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I just found an old 2000 Wii Points card in a drawer. Does it directly translate into $20, or is there more effort involved in redeeming it?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

less laughter posted:

Misty more like Steamy m i rite
she's a child

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Father Wendigo posted:

I just found an old 2000 Wii Points card in a drawer. Does it directly translate into $20, or is there more effort involved in redeeming it?

It's only redeemable on the Wii Shop Channel. The only way to make use of it for the Wii U eShop is to use those points to buy something on the Wii Shop Channel that's also on the eShop and then buy the thing from the eShop at a discount.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

It's even weirder in Mighty Switch Force where the playable character is like a weird noseless blob who they none the less fanservice the hell out of, including letting you see her in her underwear if you finish the entire game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
VA VA VA VOOM

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

It's the 17th in Japan. Where the mobile apps and clubs at

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

I guess there is no way to fix the blurriness on the Wii U virtual console, huh?

I was hoping to simply my emulation needs but I just bought Super Mario Bros. 2 on Wii U VC and it's horribly blurry :(

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Nope. In order to recreate the RF/Composite experience, pretty much all VC games have a darkening filter that adds some slight blur.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

enojy posted:

It's the 17th in Japan. Where the mobile apps and clubs at

It's now 5am there if timeanddate.com is to be trusted, so should be any hour now? I want to buy FE:Fates already ugh.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Sakurazuka posted:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Nope. In order to recreate the RF/Composite experience, pretty much all VC games have a darkening filter that adds some slight blur.

donkey kong 64 is crazy dark, though i don't remember what it was like back in the day

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

N64 games are double dark in the wiiu emulation. It's more bizarre than the nes or snes titles.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The weirdest thing about the NES emulation to me is the volume is either really low or really high compared to the rest of the system. Can't remember which. Have to turn my TV volume up about ten bars.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Tomorrow's NA VC releases

City Connection
Dig Dug II

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ChaosArgate posted:

SNES games look bright and crisp though so I'm not sure that's intentional for NES VC.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nintendo just made Metroid Other M available to download on Wii U in Japan, apropos of nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiQ5FFZGp3k

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Nintendo just made Metroid Other M available to download on Wii U in Japan, apropos of nothing.

Now this is one thing I don't mind if we don't get.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Rirse posted:

Now this is one thing I don't mind if we don't get.

This is one thing I don't care if we get

Oh you said if we don't get, wups!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It sounds like Miitomo is out for Andriod in Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're putting everyone who downloads it on a list, hopefully.