Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

alf_pogs posted:

begun, this troll war has

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

What's the best resource to find the current roadmap of SC's development?

:downs:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Vax posted:

What was CR running out of money deadline set by Dr. D_SMART PHD again? Something like end of March?

Pre-2.0, yes. Once they launched the open alpha they received a huge shot in the arm by desperate nerds who thought they were getting something good and substantial. Thats thrown off Smart's prediction.

Also, the latest TOS change goes to May, I believe. No full release by that date shpuld mean: CIG releases financials and re-allows refunds (lol)

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

tower of cattes

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Stanko-Prussian posted:

I'm a big fan of the part a few pages back where derek explained to us all with the aid of actual god drat footnotes how not owned he was.

I'm so glad I woke up to this still going on. What is the current record for longest running self own?

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare

Toops posted:

Yeah dude, here's the script.
aight here's my take, it's a rough take to give you an idea of the voices but i can do proper clean recordings if you end up wanting to use em

https://soundcloud.com/sundownersa/star-plebian-barky-and-compy

e: just realized you said to email you, i shot an email along anyway but i guess it's funny to share this anyway

and here's a bonus just for the thread

https://soundcloud.com/sundownersa/war-of-the-forums

Sundowner fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 16, 2016

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Sundowner posted:

aight here's my take, it's a rough take to give you an idea of the voices but i can do proper clean recordings if you end up wanting to use em

https://soundbutt.com/sundownersa/star-plebian-barky-and-compy

e: just realized you said to email you, i shot an email along anyway but i guess it's funny to share this anyway

https://soundbutt.com/sundownersa/war-of-the-forums

"The chances of something coming from CIG are a million to one they said...
But still, they fuuuuund!"

Please at least do one where the Martian war cry is replaced by :gary:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sundowner posted:

:perfect:

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

Look at those drat cattes!

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Sundowner posted:

Yes.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

These loving people

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

These loving people

Could you imagine how bad it would be if they released an incomplete product though?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Chalks posted:

Could you imagine how bad it would be if they released an incomplete product though?

It will obviously be excellent, because Chris has promised that it will be released incomplete — some promised features have been promised to come out after release, promise!

So it's all good.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

MOST OPEN DEVELOPMENT EVER

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Chalks posted:

In many ways it is just best if we never get any dates for stuff.
:negative:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

peter gabriel posted:

These loving people

Yeah, there'll be plenty of loving roadmaps for taking money off people, and dates for sales, and dates for TV shows, and dates for adverts and promos, and dates for special events, but how dare you ask them for a date for a loving feature.

And the fact is they haven't been doing their research or paying attention to Oh Holy One Christ Roberts, who said that vaulting and stances and parkour are coming in alpha 2.3.

It was actually Frontier who were refusing to release a roadmap whilst CIG were throwing dates out on powerpoint presentations over the last two years. It was only very recently that Braben published a roadmap for season 2 of Elite because you know what, people had paid money for it up front and they deserved SOME kind of idea of what was coming and when.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Wafflz posted:

I'm so glad I woke up to this still going on. What is the current record for longest running self own?

We'll let you know once Star Citizen releases and we stop the timer for Chris

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

In many ways it is just best if we never get any dates for stuff.
:negative:

i, for one, love it when Chris Roberts squats over me and shits directly into my open mouth

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sorry I mean poopoos

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SomethingJones posted:

Yeah, there'll be plenty of loving roadmaps for taking money off people, and dates for sales, and dates for TV shows, and dates for adverts and promos, and dates for special events, but how dare you ask them for a date for a loving feature.

And the fact is they haven't been doing their research or paying attention to Oh Holy One Christ Roberts, who said that vaulting and stances and parkour are coming in alpha 2.3.

It was actually Frontier who were refusing to release a roadmap whilst CIG were throwing dates out on powerpoint presentations over the last two years. It was only very recently that Braben published a roadmap for season 2 of Elite because you know what, people had paid money for it up front and they deserved SOME kind of idea of what was coming and when.

Ming is displeased

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

i, for one, love it when Chris Roberts squats over me and shits directly into my open mouth

Full immersion.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Full burn

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

peter gabriel posted:

Ming is displeased

I'm ok now after watching the Tower of Cattes

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I'm surprised nobody just unironically tells him the real reason they can't give any dates as if it's a good thing.

When the scope and requirements of the project are completely fluid and nobody is working on anything in particular towards any specific deadline, nobody knows when anything is going to be done. They're not hiding dates from us, they genuinely don't have to give because they have no idea what they're doing. It's like asking someone lost in a jungle how long it'll take them to get home.

And this is good for bitcoin star citizen because

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

We'll let you know once Star Citizen releases and we stop the timer for Chris

Stealing 100 million in nerd money isn't really a self own though.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Toops posted:

Nice. Consider it an open audition.

Here's my pilot bit. I can't do a british accent for the life of me so i skipped the compy bits.

https://soundcloud.com/user-36367594/barkybarktona2

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SomethingJones posted:

I'm ok now after watching the Tower of Cattes

Same here tbh

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

SomethingJones posted:

they won't even set a date for the next concept sale. they just keep teasing it

they can't even set and meet a deadline for jpegs lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ash1138 posted:

they won't even set a date for the next concept sale. they just keep teasing it

they can't even set and meet a deadline for jpegs lol

You have to understand that it is in alpha and rome was not built in a day. I sometimes get the feeling some people around here do not understand game develelekjszklhgkjashgjhsakhgkjsahv

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Wafflz posted:

Every video of him, or his broken game is is a pretty big self-own. Especially when he tries to market it as the best game ever. I mean, did you watch him play his own game?

Also, how loving dare you take away Sandi's credit, SHE is the most amazing and best and sexy saleswoman of all time and ever since she was a little girl, NOT Chris!!!!!

Also, Hi Braben! :wave: ED is cool and great, thank you for watching Chris every mistake and doing the opposite (or just having the same feature, but working)

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

You have to understand that it is in alpha and rome was not built in a day. I sometimes get the feeling some people around here do not understand game develelekjszklhgkjashgjhsakhgkjsahv

Do I have to be a poster on the SC reddit thread to understand game development? Or the CIG forums? Or both?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wafflz posted:

it is when you blow it all on sticking ping pong balls to Gary Oldman

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Goobs posted:

Do I have to be a poster on the SC reddit thread to understand game development? Or the CIG forums? Or both?

You literally have to have released a successful game to even comment you god drat loving pleb

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Chalks posted:

I'm surprised nobody just unironically tells him the real reason they can't give any dates as if it's a good thing.

When the scope and requirements of the project are completely fluid and nobody is working on anything in particular towards any specific deadline, nobody knows when anything is going to be done. They're not hiding dates from us, they genuinely don't have to give because they have no idea what they're doing. It's like asking someone lost in a jungle how long it'll take them to get home.

And this is good for bitcoin star citizen because

You got to remember the entire gaming industry is against SC for some reason + the something awful goons.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Atreiden posted:

You got to remember the entire gaming industry is against SC for some reason + the something awful goons.

For some reason.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

You literally have to have released a successful game to even comment you god drat loving pleb

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hey :pgabz: have you been playing subnautica in your vr thingy? It's supposed to be pretty cool for that.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Every video of him, or his broken game is is a pretty big self-own. Especially when he tries to market it as the best game ever. I mean, did you watch him play his own game?

Also, how loving dare you take away Sandi's credit, SHE is the most amazing and best and sexy saleswoman of all time and ever since she was a little girl, NOT Chris!!!!!

Also, Hi Braben! :wave: ED is cool and great, thank you for watching Chris every mistake and doing the opposite (or just having the same feature, but working)

peter gabriel posted:

it is when you blow it all on sticking ping pong balls to Gary Oldman

Ok, ok, I will concede on this as soon as croberts starts his puppet master defense.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

So someone in that thread posted a link to a list of milestones with this as the top comment:

I then had to find their thoughts on the best game ever.

This is their only other post about Star Citizen. I absolutely love that they think this game is in a state to attract new players in anything but screenshot form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Funnily enough, by that metric, CRobber doesn't know anything about game development…

So that's one data point in favour of the argument, I suppose.

• Locked thread