Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Seltzer posted:

Alright so I've been doing a decent amount of no-gi on top of gi stuff because that's how my schedule shakes out. I assume if I plan to do no regularly I should switch to rashguard and not be t poo poo and gi pants guy? Also with all the washing I'm debating getting a second gi now.... I can see how despite me paying a relatively low gym fee this sport can easily get you to start spending more money than you thought. Questions on a second gi, I was thinking about a colored one to go with the white one I received but does a colored gi at white belt make you "that guy". Are there acceptable/non-acceptable colors. Lastly any recs where to buy cheap/still good rash guards and gis? Oh and what are the no gi shorts technically called. I assume you can't get away with board shorts and a no gi top.... or can you?

If you care about IBJJF only gi colors allowed are white black and royal blue. No one cares what color your gi is - unless your coach has a house rule.

There are cheap rash guards and compression tops all over the place - they don't have to be specific BJJ / MMA brands - Amazon has a bunch. I've heard good things about 93brand for cheap no frills shorts / tops.

Shorts are grappling shorts, fight shorts etc. Just make sure they have no pockets and no metal (zippers buttons etc) on the outside. People wear board shorts for sure. Just definitely make sure there are no pockets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Vomik posted:

If you care about IBJJF only gi colors allowed are white black and royal blue. No one cares what color your gi is - unless your coach has a house rule.

There are cheap rash guards and compression tops all over the place - they don't have to be specific BJJ / MMA brands - Amazon has a bunch. I've heard good things about 93brand for cheap no frills shorts / tops.

Shorts are grappling shorts, fight shorts etc. Just make sure they have no pockets and no metal (zippers buttons etc) on the outside. People wear board shorts for sure. Just definitely make sure there are no pockets.

Thanks, yea we have all types of gis in my gym as far as I can tell (they definitely don't require you to buy from them), one of the girls wears a pink one. I was thinking about getting a black one. I know there are a bunch of options for gis/rash guards I was just wondering if anyone had any specific recommendations for cheap yet effective products they've had experience with because I'd rather go with someone's personal experience than into the dark. I think I'm gonna get a long sleeve rashguard and board shorts for now.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Seltzer posted:

Thanks, yea we have all types of gis in my gym as far as I can tell (they definitely don't require you to buy from them), one of the girls wears a pink one. I was thinking about getting a black one. I know there are a bunch of options for gis/rash guards I was just wondering if anyone had any specific recommendations for cheap yet effective products they've had experience with because I'd rather go with someone's personal experience than into the dark. I think I'm gonna get a long sleeve rashguard and board shorts for now.

These are the cheap "grappling shorts" I've heard good things about : http://www.rollmore.com/93br-si-shorts.html you can check rollmore.com for 93brand and clinch gear - I think those are the cheap, solid ones. Otherwise, to be honest, most of the "BJJ/MMA" brands are priced pretty similarly and sourced from the same factories.

On Amazon you can search for compressionZ for compression pants that are basically super cheap spats. Also if you search grappling shorts on amazon there are a couple on there for like $25 that seem to have good reviews.

With gis - I like Tatami and Scramble. But same with rashguards - they're all in similar price points and sourced from similar factories.

I'd just look around on bjjwarehouse.com and rollmore.com and check for things that are on sale.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ok, so I had a guy in a lockdown (my lockdown) a few days ago and he did something that created pressure and I resisted it, holding onto the lockdown - not quite sure what he did - and I felt a weird sensation - a painless but odd pop, much like cracking my knuckles. I finished the practice, but my knee has felt odd ever since. I've been taking it easy since then, partly because I'm an orthoscopic hypochondriac, partly because I my schedule this week preempts most of my practices anyway. There has been no swelling and no significant pain - just that sensation of weakness and pressure.

Is there a possibility of self-injury in doing the lockdown?

While we're on the subject, anyway.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Seltzer posted:

Alright so I've been doing a decent amount of no-gi on top of gi stuff because that's how my schedule shakes out. I assume if I plan to do no regularly I should switch to rashguard and not be t poo poo and gi pants guy? Also with all the washing I'm debating getting a second gi now.... I can see how despite me paying a relatively low gym fee this sport can easily get you to start spending more money than you thought. Questions on a second gi, I was thinking about a colored one to go with the white one I received but does a colored gi at white belt make you "that guy". Are there acceptable/non-acceptable colors. Lastly any recs where to buy cheap/still good rash guards and gis? Oh and what are the no gi shorts technically called. I assume you can't get away with board shorts and a no gi top.... or can you?

I generally stick with white, black, and blue. Having a different colored gi as a white belt won't make you that guy, buying $300 shoyoroll or other trendy gi definitely will though.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

ch3cooh posted:

I generally stick with white, black, and blue. Having a different colored gi as a white belt won't make you that guy, buying $300 shoyoroll or other trendy gi definitely will though.

Word thanks. What's sizing like on rashguards? Do they shrink a lot. I'm tall but in shape so depending on the brand of t shirt I fit a medium or large.
I was looking at this atm
http://www.mmawarehouse.com/collections/bjj-sale/products/under-armour-heatgear-longsleeve-printed-compression-shirt?&view=bjj

e- lol only 1 2xl left in stock, I'll keep searching.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Seltzer posted:

I'm up to 6 gis, I actually need 2 more. So welcome to that addiction. There's a million companies that make gis so find something in your size and go for it.

I got the Sub Sports rash guard and spats off Amazon because they were cheap, like $20 each, and they work just fine. Amazon also has some cheap fight shorts.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

JaySB posted:

I'm up to 6 gis, I actually need 2 more. So welcome to that addiction. There's a million companies that make gis so find something in your size and go for it.

I got the Sub Sports rash guard and spats off Amazon because they were cheap, like $20 each, and they work just fine. Amazon also has some cheap fight shorts.

Who needs eight? Are you just buying one gi for every week you've been training?

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

CommonShore posted:

Ok, so I had a guy in a lockdown (my lockdown) a few days ago and he did something that created pressure and I resisted it, holding onto the lockdown - not quite sure what he did - and I felt a weird sensation - a painless but odd pop, much like cracking my knuckles. I finished the practice, but my knee has felt odd ever since. I've been taking it easy since then, partly because I'm an orthoscopic hypochondriac, partly because I my schedule this week preempts most of my practices anyway. There has been no swelling and no significant pain - just that sensation of weakness and pressure.

Is there a possibility of self-injury in doing the lockdown?

While we're on the subject, anyway.
Did he pin your hips and bring his foot in close to your butt and knee.up off the ground? (like standing up in the lockdown) That creates a leg lock on someone who insists on retaining a lockdown. You can definitely be hurt by hanging on to a lockdown especially if someone knows how to address it like that. Don't hang onto stuff without a purpose when a position is lost or when you are putting yourself into the sub.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I've been "enforcered" for super dumb reasons a few times and it doesn't really work if you just tap as soon as it's clear what they're doing and then end the roll. I don't have time for that poo poo, talk to me like an adult if you have an issue with something I'm doing during a roll.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 16, 2016

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Neon Belly posted:

Who needs eight? Are you just buying one gi for every week you've been training?

I want one for each class I take so I'm not constantly washing gis or waiting for them to dry. Yes, I train 8 times a week.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I do 3-4 times a week but I've been drying my gi on extra low instead of hang drying it after every class (advice on this has ranged to it's fine or you're going to ruin it in 3 washes!) so I think just getting one more is more than enough for now.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

I have 4 wash on warm and dry on low every time. I don't care to have gis hanging around my NYC apartment... My piles of mountaineering gear already annoy my girlfriend

Mild shrinkage but that's it

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Yuns posted:

Did he pin your hips and bring his foot in close to your butt and knee.up off the ground? (like standing up in the lockdown) That creates a leg lock on someone who insists on retaining a lockdown. You can definitely be hurt by hanging on to a lockdown especially if someone knows how to address it like that. Don't hang onto stuff without a purpose when a position is lost or when you are putting yourself into the sub.

I'm sad to say that I don't really know. I was trying to keep his posture down, get underhooks, and get under his hips to set up a sweep, and so I was focusing there. It certainly didn't feel as if I was in any kind of leg lock or knee bar - it was just tight tight squeeze squeeze and then "pop!"

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Yuns posted:

Yeah i always do that when people hang on to a lockdown for too long to stall

CommonShore posted:

I'm sad to say that I don't really know. I was trying to keep his posture down, get underhooks, and get under his hips to set up a sweep, and so I was focusing there. It certainly didn't feel as if I was in any kind of leg lock or knee bar - it was just tight tight squeeze squeeze and then "pop!"

Your knee isnt very well innervated so sometimes it wont hurt when its getting cranked in certain ways, you have to be a little extra aware of it

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

JaySB posted:

Are you doing Masters 1 Super Heavy? If so I'm somewhat glad I skipped Pan Ams

I'm just doing a local competition in Texas.

I do have a goal though to compete in the Houston IBJJF event next year in the med-heavy or heavy, masters 2, white belt division.

That would put me a little more than 1.25 years training so I should be able to competitively hold my own against other old fart white belts who hopefully weren't as athletic as I was in a previous life.

edit: Adding in a question here since I'm obsessed with them right now.

Best videos on wrist locks from basic positions (in guard, holding side control, closed guard mainly)?

These are allowed and I want to wrist lock every guy I go up against since I figure they are going to be spazzing out trying to kill me, focused on not getting choked out or giving up an arm.

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 16, 2016

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
If you are in the heavy masters white belt division at a local tourney you are 90% going to be going against a big fat out of shape guy, and you, being a big muscly guy shouldnt have too hard of a time even though youve only been training 5 months or whatever. Unless your conditioning is bad and you suffer the classic Heavyweight fate of being out cardio'd by a big fat guy :smugbird:

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Cant look up wrist lock vids right now but my best easy tip is that because of the amount of joints the tendons cross your wrist has way less range of motion when your fingers are curled up into a tight fist. So wrist locks are much more painful much quicker if the guys fingers are fully flexed instead of slack. I dont go for a ton of wrist locks for finishes but you can threaten them/annoy people by messing with their grips so that their fingers get pushed into their palm, and then putting a little pressure on the wrist

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

JaySB posted:

I'm up to 6 gis, I actually need 2 more.

Corey Anderson account spotted.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Alfalfa posted:

I'm just doing a local competition in Texas.

I do have a goal though to compete in the Houston IBJJF event next year in the med-heavy or heavy, masters 2, white belt division.

That would put me a little more than 1.25 years training so I should be able to competitively hold my own against other old fart white belts who hopefully weren't as athletic as I was in a previous life.

edit: Adding in a question here since I'm obsessed with them right now.

Best videos on wrist locks from basic positions (in guard, holding side control, closed guard mainly)?

These are allowed and I want to wrist lock every guy I go up against since I figure they are going to be spazzing out trying to kill me, focused on not getting choked out or giving up an arm.

Masters 2? Seeing as how you're actually athletic you probably want to do Masters 1.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

origami posted:

Masters 2? Seeing as how you're actually athletic you probably want to do Masters 1.

I'll be 35 next year :smug:

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Alfalfa posted:

I'll be 35 next year :smug:

I think you're overestimating the competition you're going to go up against at Masters 2 white belt.....but with that said it's your first tournament so whatever. I just wouldn't be surprised if you left that day with a medal and not having shown any actual jiu jitsu.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

In my experience the 30+ divisions get rolled into the 18-30 group half the time anyway.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

origami posted:

I think you're overestimating the competition you're going to go up against at Masters 2 white belt.....but with that said it's your first tournament so whatever. I just wouldn't be surprised if you left that day with a medal and not having shown any actual jiu jitsu.

Oh I get what your saying.

My comp this weekend I'm doing masters 1 (which will probably get rolled into an all age white belt 190-210 division anyways).

Next year at the big IBJJF tournament where they come in from all over the world I'll be doing masters 2.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ch3cooh posted:

I ordered a basic white gi with my first school and paid I think it was around AUD $100, upfront. It took the supplier so long to get the order in that the school ended up giving me a blue Adidas gi worth around $250 and eating the difference. I felt like that guy pretty hard. But I got a great gi for cheap!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I made a March Matness effort thread for the NCAA Wrestling Championships this weekend. You all should come watch and post.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Ugh. I rolled with this guy a few times. Not great publicity for the gym, but it's probably worth taking note of.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/crime/2016/03/15/kent-sex-offender-charged-raping-seattle-prostitutes/81817128/

From the gym:
"Public Statement
At Marcelo Alonso Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy, we were horrified to learn that an ex student, Brandon Reed, was charged with sexual assault, and are relieved to hear that he is now in police custody. We had no prior knowledge of this student's criminal past nor what his life entailed once he walked out of the academy. He had not been a member of Marcelo's academy for over a year. An incident of alleged misconduct was brought to our attention several years ago with the individual in question and a female student. After reviewing the issue with all parties involved, as well as a female police officer who was also a student, we took what felt at the time to be the appropriate measures to address the incident.

While we cannot regulate the behavior of our students outside the academy we demand that all students conduct themselves in a respectful manner at all times. As a community we strive to create a positive environment where all people feel safe and comfortable. We do not tolerate any form of abuse or negativity in the academy, and have a saying," Leave your ego at the door". We have implemented a policy that all instructors and black belts submit to a background check. We want to ensure that those in positions of power and responsibility are held to a high moral standard and that they extend that standard in all classes, levels of instruction, to all students.

Jiu Jitsu translates to the gentle art and it's Brazilian variation was specifically designed to allow the small and weak to protect themselves from a bigger, stronger aggressor. The reprehensible charges against Mr. Reed are the antithesis of our values and all martial arts.

Professor Marcelo Alonso has been a pillar in the Northwest martial arts community for nearly 20 years. In that time he has blessed the lives of countless of students, not only with his knowledge of Jiu Jitsu but with his generous spirit. He has served both the U.S. military training Rangers at Fort Lewis, and the Seattle Police Department where three of his students now lead the defensive tactics program. Just last month the Academy offered a free seminar on self defense geared toward women and stand in solidarity to empower the community through such engagement. Our Academy is a place where people of of all ages, genders, classes, and walks of life with different goals come together over our shared passion. Marcelo believes we all have the right to a life where we feel safe, confident, dignified and part of a community."

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007
Wow, that's actually a really tactful response coming out of a gym. Usually you'd see something akin to a badly spelled facebook post.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Got of of my class at Renzo's this morning and walked past Madison Square Garden. There were tons of NCAA D1 wrestling staff walking around in team apparel. I didn't realize that the NCAA championships are at MSG this year.

If any of you gyys are here in NYC to watch the NCAAs, I am inviting you to come train with us at Renzo's while you are here.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Another weird question. A purple at my gym I get matched with a lot is being kind of a dick but it seems totally contrived in a "break in the white belt" way as opposed to his actual personality. I just want to know if I'm reading into the situation the right way. He constantly sounds exasperated when I gently caress up drills (not in a way that hurts him, just messing them up or forgetting bits), makes a big deal out of rookie mistakes/faux pas, and the one time we rolled I said something like "I know literally no offense from here" to lighten the mood a bit/explain why I wasn't trying to advance when we were stalled and he said "do you think you should even be rolling then?" in the tone of a cop asking you if it was a good idea to speed. I might be reading a little too much into the situation but it had me questioning if I'm "rolling too early" or if I really am a lovely slow learner. The evidence to the contrary is that all the instructors have allowed me to roll/rolled with me and actually praised my positioning and defense for my level all independently of each other. Other higher level belts have rolled with me and said similar things in a manner I know they aren't just gassing me up to make me feel good. And as for my learning speed when I look around I'm doing just as well as the other fresh whites so it's a little annoying/confusing. He seems fine after class and around higher belts. He obviously takes bjj very serious (more than a lot of other blues/purples) so I'm just confused as I've gotten on really well with literally everyone else at the gym and the other higher belt guys I've been matched up with for drilling have been more patient and helpful. I've been nothing but nice through the entire time as well. Idgi, is this common way of telling whites "take this seriously, respect etc." or am I just dealing with a dude being kind of a dick?

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 17, 2016

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Yeah it sounds like he's just an rear end in a top hat.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Weird, literally everyone else in the gym is cool/encouraging so it's not a big deal. One of the instructors is intense but he doles out praise and certainly doesn't huff about anything. As I said after class he's ok and I see him pal around with higher belts. Idgi but whatever I don't need him to be my friend I'd just rather not be paired with him if that's how he's gonna be. I thought maybe it was a "thing" for higher belts to really get on people for small stuff in the beginning.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 17, 2016

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Seltzer posted:

it was a "thing" for higher belts to really get on people for small stuff in the beginning.

Nah, if anything they're the ones that are supposed to be ambassadors for the gym and the least dickish

Mechafunkzilla posted:

it sounds like he's just an rear end in a top hat.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Seltzer posted:

Weird, literally everyone else in the gym is cool/encouraging so it's not a big deal. One of the instructors in intense but he doles out praise and certainly doesn't huff about anything. As I said after class he's ok and I see him pal around with higher belts. Idgi but whatever I don't need him to be my friend I'd just rather not be paired with him if that's how he's gonna be. I thought maybe it was a "thing" for higher belts to really get on people for small stuff in the beginning.

No, it's not a thing. At least not at any gym with a healthy culture. And there's nothing wrong with you opting not to roll with someone who acts like a jerk towards you.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Mechafunkzilla posted:

No, it's not a thing. At least not at any gym with a healthy culture. And there's nothing wrong with you opting not to roll with someone who acts like a jerk towards you.

The thing is I get matched up with him a lot at the beginning of class for drills. Really no option there. I just think I'm done trying ask him for advice/being overly nice. The other dude I get matched with a lot is the exact opposite it's weird. As I said the rest of the gym is really cool so it's not a big problem.

I thought maybe he had a point about rolling too early. Maybe he didn't like that I was doing that or something. I know "rolling too early" is a thing that's said but tbh after being encouraged/praised by the instructors including an OG no-bullshit dude yesterday and having a lot of fun while learning a lottt from the rolls I don't see how it would be a problem for me. I got a good dudes back yesterday, I've learned how to defend chokes a lot better, hand position etc. and a lot of my partners will stop and break something down mid roll to teach me or if they're really experienced intentionally put me into a lot of positions to figure out how to get out on my own. I don't really see how that would develop bad habits or be detrimental to learning, If it was I don't think I'd be allowed to do it. Alright I'm done with this weird specific rant. I thought the overzealousness might just be a thing because breaking in people is a thing in basically every sport from mild poo poo like making freshmen carry all the equipment in high school sports to the crazy poo poo you hear in the news. Also martial arts can be weird from my Kendo experiences.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 17, 2016

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

You over analyze way too much. Dude is a dick.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
It sounds like you're doing everything right. Clearly the dude is a bit of a dick. That said, it takes all kinds. You could dismiss his opinion and avoid him best as you can for the time being. Or you could try and take in his weird standoffish energy, avoid letting it get under your skin, and do your best to roll with it and still take in whatever knowledge he's offering. I think those are both perfectly viable ways to go. One thing I'll say is that I've learned to appreciate rolling with different personalities and temperaments, and find that very worthwhile in the same way as training with people of different sizes and body types. So the aggro competitive guy, the passive overly relaxed guy, the smug condescending guy who teaches constantly, the friendly guy there to hang out who never ramps things up past "playful" - I think those people are all useful in their own ways. So short answer yes he sounds like an rear end and don't let him get to you. Longer answer is that if you can find a way to make him work for you, as long he's not putting you in danger or something, then that'll probably prove ideal in the long run.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Seltzer im not saying this to be rude at all but you ask a lot of questions like that in here, Im gonna suggest next time something like that comes up either just dont worry about it or if its really bothering you, ask someone at the gym like your coach or someone youve made friends with there. Just chill after class and ask someone if youre doing something wrong, "does that guy always roll like that or only with me", or whatever is on your mind. People will answer you and cut you a lot of slack (if they arent assholes) since youre new and never grappled before. No one here knows the dynamics/energy of your specific gym and we're getting one side of the story without context, so our answers will be really general, plus asking strangers on the internet is probably not the greatest idea when you have access to better resources you actually know irl (your coach and higher belts)

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Decades posted:

It sounds like you're doing everything right. Clearly the dude is a bit of a dick. That said, it takes all kinds. You could dismiss his opinion and avoid him best as you can for the time being. Or you could try and take in his weird standoffish energy, avoid letting it get under your skin, and do your best to roll with it and still take in whatever knowledge he's offering. I think those are both perfectly viable ways to go. One thing I'll say is that I've learned to appreciate rolling with different personalities and temperaments, and find that very worthwhile in the same way as training with people of different sizes and body types. So the aggro competitive guy, the passive overly relaxed guy, the smug condescending guy who teaches constantly, the friendly guy there to hang out who never ramps things up past "playful" - I think those people are all useful in their own ways. So short answer yes he sounds like an rear end and don't let him get to you. Longer answer is that if you can find a way to make him work for you, as long he's not putting you in danger or something, then that'll probably prove ideal in the long run.

This also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

manyak posted:

Seltzer im not saying this to be rude at all but you ask a lot of questions like that in here, Im gonna suggest next time something like that comes up either just dont worry about it or if its really bothering you, ask someone at the gym like your coach or someone youve made friends with there. Just chill after class and ask someone if youre doing something wrong, "does that guy always roll like that or only with me", or whatever is on your mind. People will answer you and cut you a lot of slack (if they arent assholes) since youre new and never grappled before. No one here knows the dynamics/energy of your specific gym and we're getting one side of the story without context, so our answers will be really general, plus asking strangers on the internet is probably not the greatest idea when you have access to better resources you actually know irl (your coach and higher belts)

I'm only asking the question because I figured people might have similar experiences or a different take on the situation, not because I need my hand held through every small thing. The reason I asked about my situation in here is for two reasons, BJJ culture is new to me so I wasn't sure if there was just some poo poo going on I wasn't aware of and also I'm not looking to ruffle feathers a couple weeks in at my gym that's why I'd rather ask here instead of say in the lockerroom with the guy who I'm friendly with who may or may not be friends with my rolling partner as well. I'm not going to come in here every single time I have an etiquette question it was just legit weird and as I said I didn't know if the guy was doing what he was on purpose.

e- also

JaySB posted:

You over analyze way too much.

Decades thanks for summing it up nicely

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 17, 2016