Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##WEST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
only we can stop the orphans happiness

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Hills are where it's at. I look forward to being terrible at this game again.

Also what orphans

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
The ones without parents

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I awake. I'm standing up though with a massive headache. What was I just doing? I remember being sent by my lord to this land to claim it for the throne. There was a portal and a collection of blurry memories. Now I am here with others, and my head is killing me.

I look around and wave to others. There is a crackling campfire that everyone seems to be gathering around. I warm my hands by the fire and notice the smoke doesn't go anywhere but up. There is no wind here at all.

I look around and notice three paths that the others are mumbling about. We have no food or water here and there is no foraging or animals in our small clearing. Everyone is deciding on the three options. A hill, a forest, and a cave. I yawn. Boring.

I look west and notice the candy cane trees and gumdrop lined chocolate road. The singing buttercup flowers singing happily and forest animals singing and dancing. A large hairy man wearing coconuts tied to licorice around and hiding his bosom. He was swaying his hips and giving me a come hither look. The Grove had tables of all types of spiced meats and succulent fruits and vegetables. Scantily dressed maidens were ready with clay jugs filled with mead and refreshing water.

These others could argue all they wish with the other choices. But in my mind, the only choice is ##WEST

pm sent

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Sign me up. I have explored many voids in my time.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

You could say this game has...l'appel du void :smug:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Defeat the Orphans

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I cast a resurection scroll on the orphans parents. An orphan cannot exist with parents

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Up to 15, maybe 16 if hiipfire is actually signing up. We gettin there

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
16 is the perfect size for a game. Can we just say we threw the other 9 into the void and start in medias res?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
in media res? what is this, uncharted 2??

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Kashuno have you ever read Roadside Picnic?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I will probably give this until middle of next week to find more members. We will start rolling with whatever we have on Wednesday

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Kashuno posted:

Up to 15, maybe 16 if hiipfire is actually signing up. We gettin there
I'll check if I'll have the time to play this game

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the orphan twist is that we're the orphans parents

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Look at that, I'm without a game. Sign me up please~

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Dear brother,

These simpletons refuse to budge. I am literally looking at a maiden pouring delicious wine all over her mouth and bare neck and they want to argue about the other three directions. I know that you would have immediately gone west. I feel like I must be apart of this group, for there is safety in numbers, but they can't see the amazing time we would be having in that direction.

How is my sister Eldra? I find myself at a lost most days on why she would marry you, but fortunately you became king, so you have God's mandate. It still feels odd to call you brother-in-law. But you are the king and I am your knight, and I will conquer these lands for you. Mention that time we went off into the woods at the Harvest Festival to Eldra. She will grin and glow more than you have ever seen, guaranteed.

Alas, I hope that matter with the assassin is cleared. Yes, it was my ceremonial dagger that was used, but you have to believe me that I did not attempt to murder you. The dagger was stolen from my bedchambers minutes before the assassination attempt. I feel like someone else in your court is trying to frame me, and you must understand that I had to flee through the portal. I did think my righteousness would stand up to the court of law, or trial by combat, but I felt like I my destiny was elsewhere, dear brother.

Oh, something else popped into my head. Tell Eldra about that time we had our dear cousin Indred over for dinner. It was a lovely time. I shall think upon it tonight as I lay down, waiting for this campfire to go out. I will go out and bring your mandate to these wild and untamed lands on the morrow.

(credit to HOMM 3)

Khris Kruel fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 14, 2016

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
this sounds fun, sign me up

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Sure.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Woo it's wednesday and I am going to start this up! I have a very busy day because people in my office are dumb, but I will get this up and running today I promise

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:siren:PLEASE REMEMBER TO SUBMIT ACTIONS IN THE FUTURE:siren:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
...And choose the group does. After some tense deliberation (between some members of the group, anyway) the choice is made to follow the path into the woods to the east. The path is quiet, and anything outside the path is covered in green flora so dense that it is impossible to see through. Still, there seems to be an unnatural blue glow to the path that keeps the group heading in the right direction, despite the canopy overhead. Occasionally, some wildlife, similar to the wildlife of the party's homeland, scuttle across the pathway but nothing too dangerous. Further down the path, the group arrives at a clearing basking in what appeared to be artificial sunlight. While the adventurers felt safe, the Tainted among them certainly felt uneasy in the warm light. The journey is beginning well, but still, someone must be left behind...

An action affecting the Tainted has triggered. Day One begins now.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (18): AnonymousNarcotics, Asiina, Barehanded Brother, BottleKnight, Chic Trombone, imgay, JakeP, Jimson, Khris Kruel, King Burgundy, kordansk, Lumpen, Murmur Twin, Podima, Quidnose, Rarity, The Ninth Layer, TMMadman

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 18th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

apparently this game isn't a choose your own adventure. It's someone else tells you what your adventure is going to be :colbert:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I travel North West

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

JakeP posted:

I travel, North West

I don't think Kanye's kid has an account Jake

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
hosed up if true

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Can someone describe the current meta? I don't want to call someone scum for doing something silly that everyone does nowadays because we've crossed into some bizarro land of ironic posting

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
only scum try, it is extremely town to lurk and talk poo poo to everyone

also OMGUS is now expected anytime someone votes for you, and slapfights are encouraged

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

JakeP posted:

only scum try, it is extremely town to lurk and talk poo poo to everyone

also OMGUS is now expected anytime someone votes for you, and slapfights are encouraged

trying detected

##vote JakeP

gently caress you, and see y'all next week

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote bhb

holy poo poo what an rear end in a top hat eat kangaroo poo poo donglord

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

idk bhb you seem to be trying hard as hell

this will be confirmed when you check back into the thread soon and play it all off as a joke

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

JakeP posted:

##vote bhb

lmao

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey guys follow my lead, I think I know the route to make orphan soup

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not soup for orphans soup made out of orphans

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I prefer orphan sandwiches. Paired with a fine orphan wine.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

JakeP posted:

##vote bhb

lol that's rich coming from a baby chode monger

BottleKnight posted:

idk bhb you seem to be trying hard as hell

this will be confirmed when you check back into the thread soon and play it all off as a joke

that's my secret...I'm always trying

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bhb just looks like a knockoff tmm if u ask me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Jake makes a good case ##vote bhb