Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Thyrork posted:

Botania wont get updated, nor will anything else in that modpack. Its a very carefully crafted beast at this point and updating anything either A) Throws out wild problems or B) breaks the finely tuned balance.

For example, update chisle? The entire starting ship you set off from vanishes, leaving you to crash into the ocean with nothing and in the middle of nowhere. :unsmigghh:

that's kind of disappointing, because botania is probably one the more badly implemented aspects of blightfall. i can understand why it would need more work than just updating the version, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Is there a modpack that has quest progression ala HQM that doesn't have the tech mods? I would love a modpack that had HQM progression but mostly just focused on stuff like Tinker's, Botania, and other magic stuff.

I am playing Natural Magic on AT Launcher currently, and I really like it, but the HQM for it has a completely unfinished Thaum section, and doesn't have sections for any of the other magic mods, nor the archaeology mod (which seems fun, even if I feel aimless when using it.)

Also, booting it up tells me I have biome ID conflicts with Twilight Forest, but after checking and changing everything, I am still getting conflicts. Is there an easy way of finding the conflicts?

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

ToastyPotato posted:

Is there a modpack that has quest progression ala HQM that doesn't have the tech mods? I would love a modpack that had HQM progression but mostly just focused on stuff like Tinker's, Botania, and other magic stuff.

Regrow the is very light on tech - no TE tech at all, light buildcraft that is very optional to the main goals.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ToastyPotato posted:

I am playing Natural Magic on AT Launcher currently, and I really like it, but the HQM for it has a completely unfinished Thaum section, and doesn't have sections for any of the other magic mods, nor the archaeology mod (which seems fun, even if I feel aimless when using it.)

Also, booting it up tells me I have biome ID conflicts with Twilight Forest, but after checking and changing everything, I am still getting conflicts. Is there an easy way of finding the conflicts?

http://mods.curse.com/modpacks/minecraft/241413-sky-magic , by dint of being a 1.8.9 modpack, has no tech mods.

There is progression, but there is no quest book or anything.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Dalaram posted:

Regrow the is very light on tech - no TE tech at all, light buildcraft that is very optional to the main goals.

Lategame regrowth goes super-heavy on mekanism and buildcraft though.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Wolpertinger posted:

Lategame regrowth goes super-heavy on mekanism and buildcraft though.

Ah. I'm still mid game.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Taffer posted:

Notice, for example, how everyone abandoned modular power suits. For a little while it was in almost every pack - the armor and its capabilities were so strong and so accessible that it was too good to ignore, so everyone beelined for it first thing, but as soon as they got a complete suit it was like they were "done". Nothing else was particularly engaging after that and that's usually the point where people would stop playing. It didn't get abandoned because it stopped existing, either - MPS is on 1.7 and has been for probably a year or more. But nobody plays it because it stands out as the strongest single example of what I'm talking about.

From people I've spoken to, MPS was abandoned because Machinemuse stopped updating in like early 2014 until August last year, and now it's working again. I've never heard of a 'I made a powersuit (or jetpack, or angel ring, etc) I guess I'm done bye' situation being something that happens before.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Black Pants posted:

From people I've spoken to, MPS was abandoned because Machinemuse stopped updating in like early 2014 until August last year, and now it's working again. I've never heard of a 'I made a powersuit (or jetpack, or angel ring, etc) I guess I'm done bye' situation being something that happens before.

Alot of the servers I used to play on also gated MPS behind donator status, so there's that as well.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
As far as Jetpacks go, having no hover option would do a lot to remove the part where jetpacks trivialize everything.

If there's any way to have jetpacks use some kind capacitor+battery system where a starter jetpack can hold, say, 20 full jumps, but can only complete a 'full' jump every minute, then it'd let you get the perks of jumpjetting up cliffs and having a good time with that without completely trivializing all terrain.

(It'd also give people plenty of room to splatter themselves against the ground :laffo:)

E: Thanks for the hosthorde recommendation, I'll give them a try!

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

NEI has a biome ID dump button. It's in Tools/Dump. Then you can open that up with openoffice or just notepad, and go looking for where TF's biomes are supposed to be. Whatever's there instead of a TF biome is what you need to change.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Black Pants posted:

It isn't, but don't say that you'll upset the lovely "slow the game down its bad" narrative going uninterrupted here.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I've actually stopped playing a pack after getting powersuits. I didn't see much else to do in it. Those were packs that didn't have quest books, so I was already setting my own goals.

The one time it was amusing was when I had a powersuit and went up against the ender dragon from the hardcore ender expansion. Unfortunately, infernal mobs was enabled for it too and I couldn't put any dents in it. I couldn't even carpet bomb it with holy hand grenades. They should have shut it off for the ender dragon--as well as the wither.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

I played around with it in creative mode and couldn't get it to fire on just 4. It would start up, but couldn't maintain long enough to finish, not even for more than a few seconds. Probably because tin wires of all sizes will lose 1 volt per packet, per meter of wire. So maybe you could if you jammed them all right up against the machine, but positioning in this is proving trickier than I thought. If you minimized wires and focused on pipes instead you could probably do just 4, but I might stick to batteries since that's more modular and reliable.

Wait a minute. Did you solve all the initial maintenance problems the EBF has, when testing? Each maintenance problem reduces efficiency by 10%. In official GT5 one of them can't even be solved without the expensive maintenance panacea of duct tape, but this is Unofficial so we've got the Soldiering Iron to fix the last one.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

McFrugal posted:

Wait a minute. Did you solve all the initial maintenance problems the EBF has, when testing? Each maintenance problem reduces efficiency by 10%. In official GT5 one of them can't even be solved without the expensive maintenance panacea of duct tape, but this is Unofficial so we've got the Soldiering Iron to fix the last one.
Yes, I duct-taped it just fine.

Anyway it turned out to be a better idea to just make the batteries. I'd found a lead/silver deposit in the Twilight Forest so I had the ability to make battery alloy and salt is free if you have a pot to boil water, so I just made 8 sodium batteries and now I wait for them to charge before blasting some aluminium.
I found out I really don't have the power generation to afford this. I'm this far into Tier 2 that I'm blasting aluminum in preparation for Tier 3 but I only have 2 coal boilers and one high pressure boiler, fed by just two coke ovens. I obviously need to step up power generation before I progress, because it takes a good while for the batteries to recharge as it stands, and I need a good deal of aluminium to hit Tier 3. Guess I should keep working on LV instead of trying to bump up to MV already.

Or maybe I'll just struggle straight to the MV steam turbine and work from there.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 16, 2016

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Creative flight does change the nature of the game, but depending on the pack that may or may not be a big deal.

The pack im playing, if i want to fly im limited to 3 hearts. (which goes pearshaped when i trying to get endermen heads and a creeper sneeks up) But also means i can travel pretty freely when out searching for stuff.

It has the digital miner in it, but i havent made that yet, that will probably be more of a game ender than flight.

ATM gold is my gate. everything needs it, and i still have to go mine for it (and only find like 2-10 ore per trip) Once the digi miner is up, i see gold no longer being a problem.

Im still struggling with power though. (the first one i ever learnt was treefarm/enderflame, which doesnt make the cut for all the ender io machines im making. (which is great as ive never used them before)

Last night i made a combustion generator with a vat making hooch, feeding to a vat making rocket fuel, and that solved my problems. BUT then i read that ic fuel is even better, and so today im going to make some IC machines to refine oil into fuel and then pipe that in.

So, im still learning stuff.

(I also made this a semi sky block, in that i started on a small island and im expanding out like a skyblock. I think the combination of all this is keeping me entertained.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Add GardenStuff to BFSR and drill down on that so more people build with it

beautiful gardens all over the place

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

Yes, I duct-taped it just fine.

Anyway it turned out to be a better idea to just make the batteries. I'd found a lead/silver deposit in the Twilight Forest so I had the ability to make battery alloy and salt is free if you have a pot to boil water, so I just made 8 sodium batteries and now I wait for them to charge before blasting some aluminium.
I found out I really don't have the power generation to afford this. I'm this far into Tier 2 that I'm blasting aluminum in preparation for Tier 3 but I only have 2 coal boilers and one high pressure boiler, fed by just two coke ovens. I obviously need to step up power generation before I progress, because it takes a good while for the batteries to recharge as it stands, and I need a good deal of aluminium to hit Tier 3. Guess I should keep working on LV instead of trying to bump up to MV already.

Or maybe I'll just struggle straight to the MV steam turbine and work from there.

Simple Solar Boilers are actually good. They produce steam just as fast as a simple coal boiler once they're warmed up. Once you have silver, and there's silver in practically every dungeon chest anyway, they're fairly cheap too. I haven't built a water tank yet so I'm being stingy with my water and turning them off(by putting blocks over them) when I don't need them, but you could easily just leave them on forever. Keep using the bed and they stay warm. I'm not sure they even calcify in singleplayer. I haven't noticed any drop in steam production yet.

With your boilers running on the sun instead of charcoal, all your coke ovens can be used to make steel instead. I've got over a stack of steel just sitting around because I kept letting my bronze blast furnace process a full load of 16 ingots while I dug tunnels under my base looking for stuff.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 16, 2016

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

thaumcraft 4 question.

Can i use a scepter to jar a node?

I dont have an infusion altar up so getting a wand with more than 50 vis isnt possible, but a greatwood scepter with gold caps will have 75, and a small discount, mroe than enough to jar the node.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Blind Duke posted:

Add GardenStuff to BFSR and drill down on that so more people build with it

beautiful gardens all over the place

I was like, "What?" for a bit, but I realized you were responding about quests to make the pretties. I'll look into it. It's another one I never heard about.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

thaumcraft 4 question.

Can i use a scepter to jar a node?

I dont have an infusion altar up so getting a wand with more than 50 vis isnt possible, but a greatwood scepter with gold caps will have 75, and a small discount, mroe than enough to jar the node.

Yeah, only thing Scepters can't do is have foci put on them

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Khorne posted:

Just need to be careful about what grinders can provide vs what other things can provide. It's okay if you can setup a few grinders for a flow of certain things, but in lots of packs you can use grinders to get infinite whatever the heck you want.

i have a nether skelly mob farm, it drops wither skulls which i pump into a Molecular Transformer (Advanced solar Panels) to get a steady flow of Nether stars - 500 at last count.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
Is there anything that can replace the MPS glider? I built those suits mostly so I could max out the jump and glide, and travel around mostly by jump-gliding. It's such a relaxing way to move about.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Taffer posted:

I'm leaning towards no, one of the patterns I've noticed in modded minecraft is that the fun starts to fall off pretty sharply the more "abilities" you get, via armor or magic or whatever. That includes flight and high jump and fast movement and even perhaps gliding to an extent. That's not to say that I'm going to completely remove those things, because a slightly higher jump and a slightly higher movespeed and, of course, step assist are pretty important to to help round off some of the rough edges of minecraft, but it has to be pretty strongly tempered IMO.

Notice, for example, how everyone abandoned modular power suits. For a little while it was in almost every pack - the armor and its capabilities were so strong and so accessible that it was too good to ignore, so everyone beelined for it first thing, but as soon as they got a complete suit it was like they were "done". Nothing else was particularly engaging after that and that's usually the point where people would stop playing. It didn't get abandoned because it stopped existing, either - MPS is on 1.7 and has been for probably a year or more. But nobody plays it because it stands out as the strongest single example of what I'm talking about.

That said, it's possible that I will include jetpacks, but if I do I will probably only allow the first couple tiers, and stick them to the behavior of glorified gliders. They'll let you get up cliffs and build in awkward places but they won't let you zip around the world like superman, and certainly not give you creative flight (creative flight is anathema to good gameplay IMO).

One of the next things on my list to investigate and alter for the pack I'm working on is EIO armor. I love it, but I want to see how far (or even at all) I can slow and change its buildup, because by default you can go from initially crafting it to having it fully upgraded pretty darn quickly, but I'd like the buildup to be a little slower and more deliberate. But we'll see. I have a lot of testing to do in that whole area. Botania will probably be the next on the block for the same reasons.

Yeah, I agree with the abilities thing. The challenges presented by Minecraft mobs never change, so increasing the player's power completely neutralizes the threat quickly. You should definitely disable the armor plated jetpacks, so there's a choice between protection or maneuverability. You'll be able to escape ground enemies, but skeletons will still be able to shoot at you.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

redleader posted:

Is there anything that can replace the MPS glider? I built those suits mostly so I could max out the jump and glide, and travel around mostly by jump-gliding. It's such a relaxing way to move about.

I think open blocks has a glider you can use.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

redleader posted:

EnderIO's Dark Steel armor set gives you the option to enchant your chestplate with gliding, shoes with jump (and double/triple jump), leggings with haste. It's a pretty neat set.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

Cryohazard posted:

EnderIO's Dark Steel armor set gives you the option to enchant your chestplate with gliding, shoes with jump (and double/triple jump), leggings with haste. It's a pretty neat set.

The most baller way to get around, without jetpacks, is definitely the EIO Teleport Staff + Glider Wings. It takes a bit of skill to do it really effectively, but once you get the hang of it, it's really satisfying to do.

@Taffer: Another thing to consider is limiting or gating the mining machines so that they are more of an end-game goal instead of "Rush power, then rush mining machine ASAP".

And maybe do something about everyone gating everything behind ender pearls. God I hated farming those.

And also limit or nerf TiCon, at least the materials. Like make up to steel tools and you're good. No more 50+ damage death cannons and give us an excuse to use the weapons/tools introduced by other mods?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Bluemillion posted:

Yeah, I agree with the abilities thing. The challenges presented by Minecraft mobs never change, so increasing the player's power completely neutralizes the threat quickly. You should definitely disable the armor plated jetpacks, so there's a choice between protection or maneuverability. You'll be able to escape ground enemies, but skeletons will still be able to shoot at you.

I liked that mod that added Diablo-style elite mobs with various powers like they would throw you into the air or teleport or gain a shield or something. There are ways of making things more interesting/dangerous.

CoreDuo
Mar 20, 2015

McFrugal posted:

Simple Solar Boilers are actually good. They produce steam just as fast as a simple coal boiler once they're warmed up. Once you have silver, and there's silver in practically every dungeon chest anyway, they're fairly cheap too. I haven't built a water tank yet so I'm being stingy with my water and turning them off(by putting blocks over them) when I don't need them, but you could easily just leave them on forever. Keep using the bed and they stay warm. I'm not sure they even calcify in singleplayer. I haven't noticed any drop in steam production yet.

With your boilers running on the sun instead of charcoal, all your coke ovens can be used to make steel instead. I've got over a stack of steel just sitting around because I kept letting my bronze blast furnace process a full load of 16 ingots while I dug tunnels under my base looking for stuff.

I went a massively different direction, which is fine because I don't know if it'll pay off. I've been using two high pressure coal boilers for a long time and I just added a third as a backup generator in case the turbine runs out of steam. I held off on making MV stuff for now and have instead replaced all my remaining bronze machines with LV electric ones and have been working my way towards a Steve's Carts tree farm. I've made the cart assembler and a cargo manager so far. I can also build sprinklers and potentially a lamp of growth to speed up tree growth, though I haven't yet looked at what horrors lurk within the Thaumcraft tech tree in GT: NH. My rationale is that I'd need more reliable power generation if I had any plans of transitioning to solar without having to wait for batteries to recharge due to the EBF's energy consumption.

CoreDuo fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 16, 2016

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
My first step into LV tier was to get a small tank of steam built so I can run blocks that create steam and blocks that take steam to output electricity asynchronously. With progress slowed down by Gregtech, it seems like that's probably the best way of breaking into a new tier.

Black Pants posted:

I liked that mod that added Diablo-style elite mobs with various powers like they would throw you into the air or teleport or gain a shield or something. There are ways of making things more interesting/dangerous.

The issue with Infernal mobs the modifiers tend to synergize too well (Lifesteal + any reflect damage modifier like Vengeance), are too broken (Choke operates in a radius around the mob and starts draining your breath, regardless of their hostility towards you), or are barely noticeable (Cloaking but the mob has the Infernal particles floating around it!) apart from the extra health that mob would have. There's no real sense of balance so one random mob can stave in your head while another is just a free treasure drop. ESPECIALLY if these are boss level mobs like Wither or the Ender Dragon. I remember a couple times on servers where a Wither spawned that was impossible to kill because of some combination of modifiers worked especially well for its survival.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Sage Grimm posted:

The issue with Infernal mobs the modifiers tend to synergize too well (Lifesteal + any reflect damage modifier like Vengeance), are too broken (Choke operates in a radius around the mob and starts draining your breath, regardless of their hostility towards you), or are barely noticeable (Cloaking but the mob has the Infernal particles floating around it!) apart from the extra health that mob would have. There's no real sense of balance so one random mob can stave in your head while another is just a free treasure drop. ESPECIALLY if these are boss level mobs like Wither or the Ender Dragon. I remember a couple times on servers where a Wither spawned that was impossible to kill because of some combination of modifiers worked especially well for its survival.

Yeah, Infernal Mobs is a good idea with terrible terrible execution, but people tend to look past the execution because either they don't have enough experience with it or they just really like the idea.

I have to turn off half the drat mods because they're so broken. Ghastly, Alchemist, Choke, Storm, Blastoff- all these activate on you if the mob is passive. Regen, Bulwark, Vengeance- all these can combine with other mods to make nigh-unkillable monsters. Ender is just god damned ridiculous, Ninja tends to teleport mobs into solid walls(I leave it in anyway because whatever), and 1Up breaks things sometimes I think. Rust can destroy indestructible items, Sticky is stupid.

Even with all those mods turned off, infernal mobs can be pretty dangerous. You can avoid Poison and Fiery by using ranged weapons now (I think that wasn't the case at some point) but Darkness and other potion effects still trigger on ranged attacks. If you're inflicted with Darkness, then invisible mobs can be legitimately hard to see!

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
gregtech question: what the gently caress am i doing wrong?

i keep coming back to my base to find that my electric stuff has exploded

for now i'm not all that stressed about cheating them back in but eventually i'm going to have more than three machines and i kind of want them to stay un-exploded.

also: where the gently caress do i find antimony ore? NEI says it exists but like at what level / which biomes?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Edminster posted:

question: what the gently caress am i doing wrong?

playing gregtech

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Actual answer, check your chunk boundaries if you're not keeping your base chunkloaded, a lot of the really trash tech mods like GT and IC2 get buggy if the machines get chunkloaded at different times as you come back to your base.

E: This is yet another reason that tech mods that like to have machines explode under certain conditions are stupid.

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 16, 2016

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Magres posted:

Actual answer, check your chunk boundaries if you're not keeping your base chunkloaded, a lot of the really trash tech mods like GT and IC2 get buggy if the machines get chunkloaded at different times as you come back to your base.

The steam tank is in a different chunk as the electric stuff, but all of the actual wires/steam turbine are in the same chunk.

how do electric machines determine if they're being rained on? i'm starting to think it's the steam turbine's one open face that's doing me in.

CoreDuo
Mar 20, 2015

Edminster posted:

also: where the gently caress do i find antimony ore? NEI says it exists but like at what level / which biomes?

It might only be a byproduct, though I'm not 100% sure. I have some kicking around from putting tetrahedrite through the ore washing plant.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

McFrugal posted:

Yeah, Infernal Mobs is a good idea with terrible terrible execution, but people tend to look past the execution because either they don't have enough experience with it or they just really like the idea.

I have to turn off half the drat mods because they're so broken. Ghastly, Alchemist, Choke, Storm, Blastoff- all these activate on you if the mob is passive. Regen, Bulwark, Vengeance- all these can combine with other mods to make nigh-unkillable monsters. Ender is just god damned ridiculous, Ninja tends to teleport mobs into solid walls(I leave it in anyway because whatever), and 1Up breaks things sometimes I think. Rust can destroy indestructible items, Sticky is stupid.
I was determined to have them in some manner in BFSR, so I had to monkey with it quite a bit. There are two cases where you definitely want it disabled: the whither, and the ender dragon. That fight against an infernal ender dragon from the hardcore ender expansion was impossible. I also did have to turn off a bunch of stuff. On the flip side, I use it as a means of dropping random goofy loot that new players can wonder about.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Edminster posted:

gregtech question: what the gently caress am i doing wrong?

Are you running too much juice/amps to the machines? What type of cables are you using? I recommend using a battery buffer to distribute power, it puts out 1 amp for every battery so if you have a battery in there for every machine (and your cables can carry enough amps) then you will always have enough.

Also, I think antimony is a byproduct of some of the higher elevation not-copper ores (stibnite and tetrahedrite... I think).

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Edminster posted:

The steam tank is in a different chunk as the electric stuff, but all of the actual wires/steam turbine are in the same chunk.

how do electric machines determine if they're being rained on? i'm starting to think it's the steam turbine's one open face that's doing me in.

Try looking at this to draw a better conclusion of what's going wrong. It may be that it's getting rained as contrary to my expectations it can be any exposed side (including for some stupid reason the bottom and I'm trying to figure out how it could rain upwards).

Excess amperes are fine, it's only the voltage exceeding the machine's maximum that will cause it to explode.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

bigperm posted:

Are you running too much juice/amps to the machines? What type of cables are you using? I recommend using a battery buffer to distribute power, it puts out 1 amp for every battery so if you have a battery in there for every machine (and your cables can carry enough amps) then you will always have enough.

Also, I think antimony is a byproduct of some of the higher elevation not-copper ores (stibnite and tetrahedrite... I think).

Steam turbine only outputs 32EU/1A and I'm running on insulated tin cable so that should be fine. I've added an overhang in case raining directly adjacent to a machine is what kills it.

Checked NEI and there definitely are a bunch of Antimony Ores in GT:NH, but more importantly Stibnite smelts directly into antimony so now I've a new prospecting target! Time to reinstall that orefinder mod because apparently it got nuked somewhere between updates 'i' and 'm'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Antimony can be easily attained from stibnite/tetrahedrite, I think, both of which are very plentiful in the Nether, in ridiculously-sized deposits, which will also net you lots of copper. Which works for me, because chalcopyrite is my main source in the overworld, but chalcopyrite deposits are mostly iron and regular pyrite anyway, so a rich vein like tetrahedrite is a nice change.

Also I didn't realize ores would change so remarkably in the Twilight Forest. Lead and Silver are very plentiful here and I found my first real nickel deposit here, which was useful since getting enough for the cupronickel coils in the EBF was a pain until this point.

Edminster posted:

I actually had some trouble with this myself. Explosions when mixing the wrong voltages are one thing, and avoided with careful power management. The rest is harder, but there are a few ways you can handle unprompted explosions. Here's a quick overview of what I did:

What you want to do is check to be sure that no part of your machines are open to the sky, or in a place where water might reach them. For example:

It's important to note also that rain doesn't cause explosions, it causes fires. And fires from any source cause explosions. You can prevent that with a buffer layer of blocks here:

Also, bear in mind that infernal mobs wandering into your base and fires from lava pools can spread and potentially cause explosions. I trimmed up my base with a little security from walls and turrets, like so:

Hope this helps.