Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's already past 50m. People with autoclickers will take care of it for everyone else.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Darkrenown posted:

If Valve can make a stupid clicker game then so can we, damnit! :colbert:

Just because you can slam your fingers in the car door repeatedly doesn't mean you should. :colbert:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
i'm a big stupid dick nerd and im pumped to play as sweden in hoi 4

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Top Hats Monthly posted:

i'm a big stupid dick nerd and im pumped to play as space sweden in Stellaris

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Watched the gameplay videos. Stellaris is looking pretty great!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I wish they didn't have a time limit though. Quill seemed a bit flustered and confused and lots of events and mechanics flew right over his head because he was in "oh poo poo film as much content as possible in 30 min" rather than "actually slowly learn and enjoy the game" mode.

I'm glad my first impression of the new Moo reboot was soured by the stupid cat jokes, and now the first real non-edited gameplay video is full of cat jokes too. God drat space cats. Also in the mooboot I rolled my eyes that they stuck huge tits on the cats then I remembered:

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

Valve's clicker let you automate and accumulate stuff while afk, though. That's my main issue with this.

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
If Stellaris doesn't have sexy catboys then I don't even know what to say

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Baronjutter posted:

I wish they didn't have a time limit though. Quill seemed a bit flustered and confused and lots of events and mechanics flew right over his head because he was in "oh poo poo film as much content as possible in 30 min" rather than "actually slowly learn and enjoy the game" mode.

I'm glad my first impression of the new Moo reboot was soured by the stupid cat jokes, and now the first real non-edited gameplay video is full of cat jokes too. God drat space cats. Also in the mooboot I rolled my eyes that they stuck huge tits on the cats then I remembered:

I grew up on MOO, so I actually feel slightly... treasonous that I have basically no interest in the reboot, but I'm super pumped for Stellaris.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Baronjutter posted:

Also in the mooboot I rolled my eyes that they stuck huge tits on the cats then I remembered:

Do a search for Bastet and you'll see that's historically accurate.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Have we heard anything about being able to play a Meklar like race in Stellaris? They were always my favs in moo. Although it sounds like you can become Meklars later on through technology and policies, which actually makes a lot more sense than a race of robots or cyborgs just starting off from scratch with the same technology as everyone else.

I'd love a DD on the racial changes we can make. Moo2 had an evolution tech which let you pick an extra race ability and it sounds like Stellaris has a ton of genetic and cybernetic options. Can we take a race and essentially become Meklar? Can we transition entirely towards non-organic life like the CORE in TA or factions of the Endless in endless space? We've heard there's risks of AI/Robot uprisings, but we if we ARE the robots? I want to get int some serious Culture levels of AI's and mind uploads and post-biological organisms.

Or just be an angry Dalek.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Whats this clicker thing you all are talking about?

cerror
Feb 11, 2008

I have a bad feeling about this...

Baronjutter posted:

Have we heard anything about being able to play a Meklar like race in Stellaris? They were always my favs in moo. Although it sounds like you can become Meklars later on through technology and policies, which actually makes a lot more sense than a race of robots or cyborgs just starting off from scratch with the same technology as everyone else.

I'd love a DD on the racial changes we can make. Moo2 had an evolution tech which let you pick an extra race ability and it sounds like Stellaris has a ton of genetic and cybernetic options. Can we take a race and essentially become Meklar? Can we transition entirely towards non-organic life like the CORE in TA or factions of the Endless in endless space? We've heard there's risks of AI/Robot uprisings, but we if we ARE the robots? I want to get int some serious Culture levels of AI's and mind uploads and post-biological organisms.

Gonna Stellaris up some Borg.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Do a search for Bastet and you'll see that's historically accurate.

Hey there sexy :heysexy:

Fintilgin posted:

I grew up on MOO, so I actually feel slightly... treasonous that I have basically no interest in the reboot, but I'm super pumped for Stellaris.

Yeah, I feel the same way.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's 100% ok to not be excited about a re-make that totally misses the mark on everything other than race design and voice work. That said it's still early access to maybe they'll fix a lot of the worst things. I think the game though is basically trying to market its self with those exact emotions though. Faithfully recreate the races (they hosed up the meklar though!!!) with loving detail and hope nostalgia takes care of the rest.

I really hope we can create galaxies with pre-set races. Make the moo races as close as possible in stellaris then run a 8 player game.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

It's really one of the coolest parts about the cultural divergence stuff. In this image you can see there's a whole host of modifiers that deals with genetic divergence and in Quill18's gameplay video I noticed that the mausoleum (a theocracy government special building) gives a bonus to cultural shift, so there are probably at least two things you need to keep an eye on as you expand. Cyborgs, genetically modified sub-species tailored for various planet types and plain old politics are really cool things and I'm banking on some late game menaces emerging from these.

I'd also like to know if you can switch to an empire that breaks off from yours or try to make your whole species into Meklars.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Drone posted:

Whats this clicker thing you all are talking about?

https://launchpad.stellarisgame.com/game

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Kersch posted:

If Stellaris doesn't have sexy catboys then I don't even know what to say

You say thank you

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Baronjutter posted:

Yea, that's stupid, a cat should have 4 pairs of tits. :can:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Groogy posted:

You say thank you

Trigger warning: Brony mods.

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

I built this thumb out of two nails, a broken bottle and some razorwire.
Slippery Tilde

Darkrenown posted:

(I assume some nerds will make auto clickers and leave them on all night and normal people can just click a few times and reap the benefit)

(We have measures in place for auto clickers)

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Augh god, I almost want to crack open HoI4 and Stellaris more than I want to actually play them, just to see how all the bits work together. Actual modders are only a very small slice of the total playerbase, but... is there any stuff that talks more about neat things that can be done with modding? Or, like, the raw text form of a hypothetical national tree or an example entry for a minister or how to add in new techs to Stellaris or, or, or

There oughta be Modder Mondays that focus on that sort of thing. Even if it isn't talking about moddable features in upcoming titles, time could be spent doing workshops on modding for beginners or something, take the opportunity to highlight the internal accessibility of the games and all that.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Baronjutter posted:

Why do they need to film them selves blocking out a corner of the screen?? Why youtubers, why?? I get you look like a pudgy nerd, I'm interested in the game not your face.
Oh man that lady is annoying, did quill bring his mom and step brother or something?

At least he had Johan with him in the previous vid, who's nice eye candy in addition to the amazing job he does at Paradox.

I'm super pumped for Stellaris, I'm playing StarDrive 2 and am already bored. Back to my Pala Buddhists and their fight against the Abbasids :sigh:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Arumba's playthrough of nuMoO pretty solidly turned me off it. Good voice acting and graphic design (overall) but otherwise just a worse version of MoO2 with less depth and options (which isn't a terribly high bar to fail in the first place!). It just looks super simplistic and the whole galactic council thing has always been a terrible design.

Doesn't help that there's no shortage of "Traditional" 4X space games, making a remake that doesn't bring anything new to the table seems like a really bad call to cash in on nostalgia.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Darkrenown posted:

(I assume some nerds will make auto clickers and leave them on all night and normal people can just click a few times and reap the benefit)

Yeah but that's dumb. If you make a clicker game as promotional material it should be at least fun to spend time on, this thing involved fumbling with it for half an hour before you realise you cannot have a meaningful impact on anything except by manually clicking, and even then you're only making a drop in the bucket. If it has fun cool stuff to do like idling mechanics (which is pretty much the whole deal of the clicker genre) it'd be fine, but this feels like just a waste, you might as well just give away all the rewards to everyone.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Ofaloaf posted:

Augh god, I almost want to crack open HoI4 and Stellaris more than I want to actually play them, just to see how all the bits work together. Actual modders are only a very small slice of the total playerbase, but... is there any stuff that talks more about neat things that can be done with modding? Or, like, the raw text form of a hypothetical national tree or an example entry for a minister or how to add in new techs to Stellaris or, or, or

There oughta be Modder Mondays that focus on that sort of thing. Even if it isn't talking about moddable features in upcoming titles, time could be spent doing workshops on modding for beginners or something, take the opportunity to highlight the internal accessibility of the games and all that.

Yeah, I'd love to see stuff like this. Or even just like an HoI IV dev diary on modding, or something.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Torrannor posted:

At least he had Johan with him in the previous vid, who's nice eye candy in addition to the amazing job he does at Paradox.

:eyepop:

Looks like you have a fan, Johan.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Ofaloaf posted:

want to crack open HoI4 and Stellaris more than I want to actually play them, just to see how all the bits work together
Please don't look. I don't want to have to clean up my scripts and make them presentable. :negative:

Ofaloaf posted:

This is something I've been thinking about. Any such decision would be completely out of my hands and I suspect we're all much too busy with important things for this to be a realistic prospect, but it's more likely to happen in the near future now than it's ever been.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Torrannor posted:

:eyepop:

Looks like you have a fan, Johan.
that's doomdark though

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

They also had a cute producer or whatever she was in one of the earlier videos. Swedish people all seem so clean and wholesome.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

YF-23 posted:

Yeah but that's dumb. If you make a clicker game as promotional material it should be at least fun to spend time on, this thing involved fumbling with it for half an hour before you realise you cannot have a meaningful impact on anything except by manually clicking, and even then you're only making a drop in the bucket. If it has fun cool stuff to do like idling mechanics (which is pretty much the whole deal of the clicker genre) it'd be fine, but this feels like just a waste, you might as well just give away all the rewards to everyone.

I clicked a bunch until I realized it was pointless, and I have no idea how the hell that spaceship is even going to make it to the first planet, let alone to the very end.

LordMune posted:

Please don't look. I don't want to have to clean up my scripts and make them presentable. :negative:

I know I'm not the only one that will spend the first couple of hours digging through all the directories to see what is in there before I even play the game.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

LordMune posted:

that's doomdark though

That's true, and I don't know why I wrote Johan. :confused:

Back to my StarDrive 2 experience, the diplomacy in the game was wholly anemic and warfare was just a case of conquering the enemy's worlds. Even diplomacy in Civ V was pretty boring, Stellaris looks to be so much better.

I really hope that federations work out. I actually like playing a merchant family in CK2, and it's really sad that it's a death sentence to lose the election for doge, since the AI is so incompetent at defending a merchant republic. Not leading the federation will effectively make you a CK2 vassal, only in Stellaris, and this can be pretty fun actually. I hope that even in a federations DLC it won't be too easy to always be in charge.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

SeaTard posted:

I clicked a bunch until I realized it was pointless, and I have no idea how the hell that spaceship is even going to make it to the first planet, let alone to the very end.

I got a message with "Achievement unlocked: Reached Rabitha I" And now it says my next goal is Unity, but it's wiped most of my clicks and I'm back at 2000. I think it's pretty bugged, because the space ship on the side is nowhere near the first planet yet.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

LordMune posted:

Your formatting will be fine, it's all cool. :) I've poked at the innards of Paradox games for something like nine years now, your scripts will be readable even if they're all on one line. Plus no matter how awkward you feel about it, that work will be perused by an army of modders once the game is actually released.

quote:

This is something I've been thinking about. Any such decision would be completely out of my hands and I suspect we're all much too busy with important things for this to be a realistic prospect, but it's more likely to happen in the near future now than it's ever been.
It'd be super-useful stuff as an introduction to interested players, at least. Right now, modding is learned through a weird process of referencing the Wikis, asking general questions in the User Modification subforums and a hell of a lot of trial and error; a proper, official series of some sort would do wonders for making learning how to mod a lot less arcane.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

They also had a cute producer or whatever she was in one of the earlier videos. Swedish people all seem so clean and wholesome.

Those are only the ones allowed on camera. Most are troll people.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Randarkman posted:

I'm not a troll!

Also on subject of possibilities with modding, HOI4 ai will be very moddable.

As examples of what you can mod: division design, deployment, peace deals, etc.

Groogy fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 16, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Randarkman posted:

Du gamla, Du fria, Du fjällhöga nord

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Can't wait for the hundred different mods that have SS divisions made of special snowflake SS regiments with special snowflake SS stats.

E: Actually now I really want a mod that requires Germany to use a percentage of its factories to produce subpar SS units based on how strong the Nazi party is.

dublish fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 16, 2016

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Does this happen often? It is awesome

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

I built this thumb out of two nails, a broken bottle and some razorwire.
Slippery Tilde

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I got a message with "Achievement unlocked: Reached Rabitha I" And now it says my next goal is Unity, but it's wiped most of my clicks and I'm back at 2000. I think it's pretty bugged, because the space ship on the side is nowhere near the first planet yet.

I am pretty sure the ships go faster the more concurrent people are playing. It's been a while since I tested it.
If you use an auto clicker it won't save your progress. If you're just clicking normally and don't save your progress then something might be up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

cKnoor posted:

I am pretty sure the ships go faster the more concurrent people are playing. It's been a while since I tested it.
If you use an auto clicker it won't save your progress. If you're just clicking normally and don't save your progress then something might be up.

Yeah, not using an autoclicker. I guess my rad clicking skillz are indistinguishable from a bot. :smug: